I don't know why you don't like fruit I find it delicious, I know others are not fruit favorers either. Try having a large salad at restaurants with lemon instead of salad dressing or find a healthy dressing you can make and bring with you on your travels. I found a dressing by Walden Farms that is ranch, that I mix with Braggs Braggberry and they make a flavorful dressing that has no oil. Also cut up carrots celery, jicama, and other vegetables you like and bring your dressing to use as a dip or just eat them plain. If you allow yourself a bit of oil you might want to try this and see if it is something you can ziplock into a bag as a snack for traveling. Italian Herb Baked Spinach Chips
Print Cook time
8 minsTotal time
8 minsAuthor: Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: snack
- 2 cups fresh spinach (choose the big, healthy-looking leaves)
- few drop of extra virgin olive oil
- McCormicks Italian Blend Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 325
- Place spinach in a large bowl.
- Add a few drops of olive oil and mix with your hands until each leaf is lightly coated in oil. Be careful not to use too much oil or the spinach will not crisp up in the oven.
- Sprinkle the spinach with Italian herb seasoning and salt.
- Taste one of the leaves to make sure you are using enough seasoning. (you won't need a lot of seasoning)
- Arrange the spinach in a single layer (don't let them overlap) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly oil nonstick foil.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Watch them carefully after the 8 minute mark if they are not done.
- Let sit on the baking sheet for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and enjoy!
~TIPS~ Be SUPER careful not to use too much olive oil. Only a few drops. Spinach will shrink A LOT in the oven so don't be alarmed.