Reboot finished! Now what?

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• eurocatbaby

2 years ago

The coconut bacon recipe we use is from

http://www.simple-veganista.com/2013/05/coconut-bacon.html. It is truly awesome. I love it on salads, tofu scramble and even casseroles. I will post pizza recipe later I have to get going this morning. Any time someone wants a recipe let me know we are happy to share our adventure with you.

• eurocatbaby

2 years ago

Baked Fries were easy I used my kitchen aid spiralizer to make the curly fries which are awesome. Baked at 400 for around 30 minutes. I put homemade chipotle taco seasoning. You can add more heat if you like. I did some the other day with way to much cayenne pepper not a good idea. I put them on a rack above pizza pan so they got cooked through.

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons chipotle chile powder

• 2 tablespoons onion flakes

• 1 tablespoon garlic powder

• 1 tablespoon salt

• 1 tablespoon dried oregano

• 2 teaspoons ground cumin

1. Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Place the mixture in an airtight plastic container or freezer bag and store in the pantry or in the freezer for longer shelf life.

• Dahlia

2 years ago

The rack above a pizza pan for crispier fries is such a good idea. I must try it with sweet potatoe fries. Noticed there is no oil in your recipe, which is bonus.

• Dahlia

2 years ago

The rack idea made crisp sweet potato baked potatoes in 20 minutes. Thanks for this tip. I agree that vegan cooking is delicious. About two month ago, as a challenge to myself, I cooked vegan foods for 1 week. It was gourmet all the way. Vegan cooking has grown since 'Diet for a Small Planet' which is probably the only cookbook I discarded. I have found great recipes on the Internet and through Yummly. YouTube , I use for weight training and stretching videos, and now I will be looking for food.

• Dahlia

2 years ago

Breakfast, day 4 of transition. Went with bread, nature's butter,which is avacado, and tomato. Had half a grapefruit on rising and hot water with lemon.

The bread is sourdough whole wheat, made with sourdough starter. It takes about 15 minutes to make the bread, it rises for 18 hours, bakes for one hour. The taste and smell is incredible. It far exceeds in taste any sourdough bread I have purchased. If interested in wholesome bread , Google Breadtopia, which is the best site to learn how to make sourdough bread. His video of making camping bread is wonderful.

• CM

2 years ago

Oh my goodness! that's on my list of things this month to learn how to do! I want to start making my own sourdough because I heard it's so great for you! Thank you so much for hsaring this!

• Dahlia

2 years ago

Transition-out Lunch day 3 is walnut, avocado, & pear salad with marinated portobello caps from the vegan cookbook 'Oh She Glows'. It was delicious. Did you know that portobello caps, large ones, have 6 to 8 grams of protein? Out for dinner tonight for a St. Patrick's bookclub dinner so will not post dinner pictures. Anyone care to post their transition-out dinner?

• CM

2 years ago

yum!!!

• CubsMommyOf4

2 years ago

That looks soo delicious...I just wanna eat your picture...

• Dahlia

2 years ago

Transition out strategies, anyone? Today is my book club , we are reading 't

• Dahlia

2 years ago

To continue, we are reading 'The Room' by Emma Donoghue, who is Irish born and given that it is St. Patrick's we will be having Irish Stew, and other Irish delicacies. Each member is bringing a dish. I plan to delay lunch, so my afternoon snack, a juice, is consumed closer to the event. Sugar is off for sure. Any suggestions?

• CM

2 years ago

can you bring a vegan dish? Like cheesy bbq kale chips or corn and carrot chips with guac? I have recipes for these if your interested?

• Dahlia

2 years ago

Hello CM, t he menu was set a month ago. I am interested in the corn and carrot chip recipe. I have tried the kale chips with Parmesan, a vegetarian recipe, which is baked. How do you make it vegan? Thanks for offering. This week will be a challenge as I have another party tomorrow. Weigh in is tomorrow, I would be happy with no weight gain.

• eurocatbaby

2 years ago

To make vegan Kale chips you add your nutritional yeast flakes that gives them the cheesy flavor. My sisters kids go crazy for them. One of these days I would like to buy a dehydrator for the kale chips and many more things. Have you made coconut bacon bits yet.

COCONUT BACON

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons tamari, bragg’s amino’s or soy sauce
    • 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
    • 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
    • 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
    • 3 1/2 cups large flaked coconut (about a 7 oz.)
    • mineral salt for sprinkling, optional

My husband laughs at me because I love this. On top of salads with the tofu scramble in the morning. Even on top of casseroles. This recipe is from the The Simple Veganista. We tried cassava bacon from the cassava root which was okay if it was crispy but some of it wasn't and not as good. Hot for Food YouTube channel they made that. Not something I have every day but once in while it is nice because I was a huge bacon eater before this reboot. Some one on another group stated that vegan food was tasty enough for him. He hasn't had my food. It is all about the seasonings and sauces. Get on YouTube, Pinterest they have great vegan recipes. Enjoy creating your new lifestyle.

• CM

2 years ago

You basically just make you're own cheese and spices and blend them and coat the kale then bake it. I like them better than the plain salted ones now. Think it's walnuts, nutritional yeast, mustard, agave, AVC, tamari, garlic, liquid smoke, chili flakes, paprika, s&p,and water. The corn and carrot chips are super easy:

4 cups corn kernels

1/2 cup chopped carrot

2 T cold pressed virgin olive oil

2 t chili powder

1 t ground cumin

pinch cayenne pepper

1 1/4 cups ground flax seeds

1/4 cup sesame seeds

2 t fine sea salt

You basically put the first 6 ingredients in the food processer and blend until smooth. Then transfer to a bowl. Add the last 3 ingredients and mix well. Set aside for 10-15 minutes until flax absorbs some of the liquid and swells. Transfer to a dehydrator sheet, spread dough into a thin layer (1/4 inch thick) deyhydrate @105 for 12-15 hrs until firm enough to handle. flip and transfer to mesh sheet and dehydrate for another 5-6 hrs until dry and crispy. Remove from mesh sheet and allow to dry completely. Break into bite sized pieces. Store in airtight container and store at room temp for up to 7 days.

If you don't have a dehydrator you can use your oven in less time. Just use a baking sheet with parchment paper. Just turn it to the lowest setting and use the same baking hrs. or you can bump it up to 225 and cut the time in half.

These didn't last 7 days in my house. They were all devoured by my whole family esp the kiddies in the first day. lol

• Dahlia

2 years ago

Thank you both for your recipes. Will be trying both soon. Can frozen corn be used?

• CM

2 years ago

yes, that's what I used:) just has to thaw out first

• Dahlia

2 years ago

Breakfast, day 3 of transition out, is same as yesterday....Apple, Blueberries bake. The recipe made two servings.

• Dahlia

2 years ago

Here is why we need to introduce one food at a time after we reboot. This is what happened yesterday. Sugar is one of my triggers, and so to eliminate sugar I used dates instead of molasses for my bean recipe. It tasted delicious, however, I had a reaction. Dates have a high content of natural sugar. I got extremely tired about one hour after eating. Yawning, almost nodding off to sleep, I got up and drank 2 glasses of water. My sleep last night was interrupted. However, I did not have any hunger cravings which eating sugar or molasses triggers. Need to move away from Boston Bake Beans. Will try savory baked beans next time.

• ke2li

2 years ago

I am no where near finished with my Reboot. I am only 3 days in on a 30 day Reboot. However, I want to come back here so I can transition correctly back into solid food.

• Dahlia

2 years ago

Welcome, and we look forward to having you here when you finish in 27 days. This is a support group, to help each other and learn from our mistakes. The book and web site indicate that we should introduce new foods slowly, which I am doing and reporting on my reactions. Every persons experience will be different, I'm sure.

• CM

2 years ago

Hi all. Just saw you guys pop up in my news feed and i thought I'd join you. What a brilliant idea to post pics and share ideas after the reboot! I still have about 2o something days or so to go but I will def be drooling over your pics until then...and joining you when I'm done:)

• Dahlia

2 years ago

Welcome, and feel free to share your strategies . Posting pictures is one of my strategies to stay on plan. It forces me to eat well and try to follow the transition guidelines .

• CM

2 years ago

I will! I've transitioned once before sucessfully! Love eating this way soooo much. I'm excited to share and get new recipes!

• Dahlia

2 years ago

Dinner on transition-out from reboot was vegan baked beans, chickpea pancakes, and a slaw of broccoli spears, carrots and winter radish. Slaw was made by my husband. I do not know the calorie count, so I figured that a cup of beans would most like do it with one slice of the chickpea pancakes. First time making chickpea pancakes, it tastes like polenta.There is a post below about our battle of the beans today. Had a beet juice for afternoon snack, and a green one for morning snack. How has your day been?

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.