Reboot finished! Now what?

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• huskereurocat

3 years ago

I'm the hubby unit! My wife calls me the head chef and she is my sous chef. She gets the ideas and I carry them out. It works well for us.

I need to get a picture of the refried beans because there are way to many recipes that say you need to put them in a pan and heat the beans. My recipe does away with that notion. Completely done in the instant-pot (electric pressure cooker). I highly recommend one because it saves a lot of time. I may like to cook, but I don't like to spend all day on a recipe.

• Dahlia

3 years ago

Need to look that appliance up. I remember the old version that blew up in my mother's with beans all over the ceiling.

• Dahlia

3 years ago

Welcome, Huskereurocat, any relation to Eurocatbaby?

• eurocatbaby

3 years ago

The Taco Pizza we made. My hubby made a gluten free vegan crust will look for new recipe wasn't crispy enough. My hubby has to be gluten free. Once that was done we put home made refried beans as 1st layer. I will have to get my hubby's recipe it is good. Then we put red,yellow & orange peppers along with onions and some roasted corn I had made which was just corn, red & green peppers with onions, black pepper and fresh parsley Cooked 350 for 20 mins. Really yummy. On my hubbies side he put black olives. Daiya mozzarella I didn't have time to try and make any but there are recipes out there. Baked 400 for 20 -25 min. Then we put fresh romaine, Cherry tomatoes, vegan cashew sour cream(see link below) which is out of this world.Then we put a nacho sauce made from cashews that The Vegan Zombie had on YouTube. It is really good . We know follow the same recipe but instead of using the cashews we put potato and carrots but everything else is the same. As you layer all these separate items there spices and seasonings made a great combination. Get creative and I want to hear what you all do. We all tweak recipes to fit our taste as have some fun. Vegan is not boring or tasteless. I have found after the reboot I finally can taste stuff for the 1st time.

http://www.glutenfreeveganpantry.com/the-best-damn-vegan-sour-cream/

• CM

3 years ago

ooooooooo, ECB I soooo want this recipe!

• eurocatbaby

3 years ago

Dahlia,

Great pictures. I am looking forward to trying sweet potatoes I love them. Here is a recipe for a chipotle fries I saw with jicama fries. I haven't tried yet. I'm not sure about the jicama fries but want to at least try. I love BBQ. Right now I buy Organicville Tangy it is pretty good. I have been collecting some recipes I want to try and will give you all an update once I do. Sauce is the key.

Vegan Chipotle Mayo

1. 1/2 cup pine nuts, soaked

2. 2 dried chili chipotle peppers, soaked

3. 1 tablespoon lemon juice

4. 1 piece of garlic

5. Dash of salt

6. Water as needed

• CM

3 years ago

THIS sounds so yum! thx for sharing!

• Dahlia

3 years ago

Welcome to DMartin and a big shoutout to Eurocatbaby's tip of placing potatoes on a rack over a pizza pan to cook potatoes. Made this in about 30 minutes, less time than it takes to drive to a fast food restaurant. Too full for fruit, so will have it for later or in juice.

For the sweet potatoe fries I used about 1 tsp of turmeric and a pinch of chilli powder, one crushed garlic and a tsp of olive oil, cooked on a rack on top of a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.(helps with cleanup) at 425 F for about 20 minutes. As the salad had avacado, tomato, cucumber, pickled garlic scapes, I didn't need a dipping sauce. I will be looking for a vegan homemade dipping sauce.

Off for my hour walk, and then to a few hours of cooking, as I am in the city (1hr away) tomorrow to shop and attend a former neighbour's 90th birthday party...she is vegetarian, and still bakes lots of sweets, my downfall! I am taking juices, and humus and veggies with me to eat during the day. If not, I know I will eat off plan. Leaving after breakfast. The party is 2 to 4, so only two hours to resist temptation. I plan on eating a mouthful of cake, and then asking if I could wrap it up to take home. If I don't eat she will be insulted. Of course, the cake is not entering my home.

• Dahlia

3 years ago

Forgot picture, here it is.

• Dahlia

3 years ago

Yesterday, had my first dinner out with the bookclub. Each member brought a dish that had been decided on one month ago, before reboot. I did really well. I kept focusing on a healthy body boarding a plane for a hiking holiday when I was tempted by alcohol and cupcakes. I ate from a vegan appetizer made with avacado, spinach and herbs, with cut up vegetables, vegetable Irish stew (the meat portion equaled a deck of cards), salad and a biscuit. The biscuits were my contribution. I made two kinds..a vegan one with all purpose flour,vegan butter (second time using it, it is highly processed and gives a shortening taste), and almond milk as one member has dairy allergies. The vegetarian one had eggs, almond flour, a leavening agent for those who eat gluten free. The vegan one was fluffy, vegetarian one flat more like a thick cookie. All who tried both, preferred the vegetarian one.

• eurocatbaby

3 years ago

The coconut bacon recipe we use is from

http://www.simple-veganista.com/2013/05/coconut-bacon.html. It is truly awesome. I love it on salads, tofu scramble and even casseroles. I will post pizza recipe later I have to get going this morning. Any time someone wants a recipe let me know we are happy to share our adventure with you.

• eurocatbaby

3 years ago

Baked Fries were easy I used my kitchen aid spiralizer to make the curly fries which are awesome. Baked at 400 for around 30 minutes. I put homemade chipotle taco seasoning. You can add more heat if you like. I did some the other day with way to much cayenne pepper not a good idea. I put them on a rack above pizza pan so they got cooked through.

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons chipotle chile powder

• 2 tablespoons onion flakes

• 1 tablespoon garlic powder

• 1 tablespoon salt

• 1 tablespoon dried oregano

• 2 teaspoons ground cumin

1. Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Place the mixture in an airtight plastic container or freezer bag and store in the pantry or in the freezer for longer shelf life.

• Dahlia

3 years ago

The rack above a pizza pan for crispier fries is such a good idea. I must try it with sweet potatoe fries. Noticed there is no oil in your recipe, which is bonus.

• Dahlia

3 years ago

The rack idea made crisp sweet potato baked potatoes in 20 minutes. Thanks for this tip. I agree that vegan cooking is delicious. About two month ago, as a challenge to myself, I cooked vegan foods for 1 week. It was gourmet all the way. Vegan cooking has grown since 'Diet for a Small Planet' which is probably the only cookbook I discarded. I have found great recipes on the Internet and through Yummly. YouTube , I use for weight training and stretching videos, and now I will be looking for food.

• Dahlia

3 years ago

Breakfast, day 4 of transition. Went with bread, nature's butter,which is avacado, and tomato. Had half a grapefruit on rising and hot water with lemon.

The bread is sourdough whole wheat, made with sourdough starter. It takes about 15 minutes to make the bread, it rises for 18 hours, bakes for one hour. The taste and smell is incredible. It far exceeds in taste any sourdough bread I have purchased. If interested in wholesome bread , Google Breadtopia, which is the best site to learn how to make sourdough bread. His video of making camping bread is wonderful.

• CM

3 years ago

Oh my goodness! that's on my list of things this month to learn how to do! I want to start making my own sourdough because I heard it's so great for you! Thank you so much for hsaring this!

• Dahlia

3 years ago

Transition-out Lunch day 3 is walnut, avocado, & pear salad with marinated portobello caps from the vegan cookbook 'Oh She Glows'. It was delicious. Did you know that portobello caps, large ones, have 6 to 8 grams of protein? Out for dinner tonight for a St. Patrick's bookclub dinner so will not post dinner pictures. Anyone care to post their transition-out dinner?

• CM

3 years ago

yum!!!

• CubsMommyOf4

3 years ago

That looks soo delicious...I just wanna eat your picture...

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.