Reboot finished! Now what?

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• CM

1 year ago

Hi all. Just saw you guys pop up in my news feed and i thought I'd join you. What a brilliant idea to post pics and share ideas after the reboot! I still have about 2o something days or so to go but I will def be drooling over your pics until then...and joining you when I'm done:)

• Dahlia

1 year ago

Welcome, and feel free to share your strategies . Posting pictures is one of my strategies to stay on plan. It forces me to eat well and try to follow the transition guidelines .

• CM

1 year ago

I will! I've transitioned once before sucessfully! Love eating this way soooo much. I'm excited to share and get new recipes!

• Dahlia

1 year ago

Dinner on transition-out from reboot was vegan baked beans, chickpea pancakes, and a slaw of broccoli spears, carrots and winter radish. Slaw was made by my husband. I do not know the calorie count, so I figured that a cup of beans would most like do it with one slice of the chickpea pancakes. First time making chickpea pancakes, it tastes like polenta.There is a post below about our battle of the beans today. Had a beet juice for afternoon snack, and a green one for morning snack. How has your day been?

• Dahlia

1 year ago

Lunch on day 2 of transition. Tried to load them in order, but it didn't work! The yellow bowl has a chopped onion, 2 minced garlic, and 1/2 inch of shredded ginger. How to do: 2 tablespoons of oil in the frying pan, cook onion mixture until onions are soft, use medium heat, increase heat and add any hard veggies, stir fry about 3 to 5 minutes, add greens, stir until they start to get limp and are still dark green, add sauce ( 1 tablespoon of soya sauce, gluten free if you have wheat issues, 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar, hot red pepper flakes to taste, salt and pepper) and cook another two minutes. Use any vegetables you have. This served two.

The soup was what I call 'MISTAKE SOUP' .One recipe on the 10 day diet I found too sweet. It was sweet potato and squash grilled in oven. So I added vegetable broth, cumin, fresh ginger, garlic, and put it into the blender. It is now a family favorite. One family member hates root vegetables and winter squash, but will eat a blended soup with spices and garlic. I don't care for broccoli, but in a blended soup, with fresh herbs, yummy.

I also make soups with left over vegetables. Just make sure you first sauté a chopped onion and carrot or celery stick, (this gives flavour) add chopped vegetables, herbs, garlic, cover with cold water, on med heat bring to a boil, and cook just until vegetables are starting to get soft. It doesn't take long. Let cool, eat as is or blend if texture isn't right. You can adjust the seasonings at this point.

• girlonjuice

1 year ago

After I complete the current 30 Day Juice Fast, I'd like to try this Vegan Nori recipe. Posted by Joe on Instagram, so it has to be good!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBt0QdOGpSW/

• Dahlia

1 year ago

Looks delicious. Let us know how it turns out.

• Dahlia

1 year ago

Breakfast for transitioning out, day 2, is lemon tea and 2 apples, 2 tablespoons of golden raisins and 1 cup of frozen blueberries sprinkled with 1 tsp. Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg, covered in foil and bake. for 45 minutes at 375 degrees F. It was day 1 breakfast on the 10 day plan. I couldn't find the recipe on the site. You can substitute any frozen berry. This reminds me of apple pie and I think would make a great dessert for company or a family breakfast meal.

• eurocatbaby

1 year ago

Dahlia,

This was a great idea to start a group like this. My hubby and I did a 50 day juice only reboot which ended on Feb. 20 due to my sister coming to visit. My hubby and I did a lot of research and watched a lot of shows on eating on Netflix and YouTube. We decided to go stay vegan. Because that is what a juice fast is. We had been vegan before when my hubby had a brain tumor taken out in 2011. It was hard for me because I hated veggie and loved meat. So I was a bad vegan eating a lot of french fries and junk. This last year I broke my ankle on both sides and had to have surgery with screws and plates. Bionic woman only I couldn't get around. We had to put my father in a nursing home because he broke his foot and didn't recover. I was scared I would be joining him since I had gained more weigh with the surgery and I had fibromyalgia and arthritis in my back. I remembered Joe's movie and watched again. Asked my hubby if he would join me and he said yes. We started Jan 1. Skipped our Jan. 4th wedding anniversary meal so we could give each other good health. We are loving the changes. I now actually like veggies. I am not craving sugar at all. I was a sugar addict and junk food junkie. So this is amazing. Tonight we had an awesome stir fry. With vegan meals the sauce and seasoning is everything. We are staying away from processed foods. We plan ahead like what we will do if we go out to eat at a restaurant. When we go to a friend's house we take some food with us and share. Don't be scared to eat if you have made changes. You can't go back to eating the same way or you end up back here in a year or two. I'm sure you have seen those people. Once the reboot was done I was amazed at how much better food tasted. We made a veggie taco pizza with home made refried beans. We have made black bean chipotle burgers, baked curly fries seasoned and smoothie with blackberries and pineapple. I make huge salads for lunch a lot. Organic greens, romaine, pear, a few blueberries,red peppers, pecans,sugar snap peas, carrots, red cabbage, red onions, vegan bacon bits my hubby makes from coconut flakes which are truly awesome. I never thought I would say that before when we went vegan I would have licked a pig if it walked in the living room I loved bacon and missed it. Not this time I love my vegan bacon. We truly did this for health first and weight second. I didn't lose as much since I am still recovering from a broken ankle and then on Feb. 20th broke a toe on the same foot as broken ankle. Yes, I am a klutz but I am going to be a healthier klutz. I don't feel like I am missing anything and our friends have been so encouraging and awesome. There is always some who think you are weird but the one who matters stood right next to me and did this journey. If we can help anyone with transition let us know. We still get on the site to encourage ones rebooting to let them know it can truly change you for the better and get you started on a great path to better health. Here are some pictures of meals we have done.

• Brian

1 year ago

Wow. You meals look awesome. I'm on day 65 of reboot and soon transition off. Just a bit too scared to eat much quite. On the plate with your burger - is that the curly fries? How did u make them?

• Dahlia

1 year ago

Welcome Eurocatbaby, so happy you are joining us with your experience transitioning. Wow, you have both gone through some massive health issues, and it's wonderful that you are both doing this program and that your health is improving. Understand the pain of arthritis and fibromyalgia, and have found that even a ten day reboot has significantly changed my health. I am moving better.

I am leaning towards a plant based diet myself, with some meat, fish, eggs (not more than 3oz twice a week to determine my trigger foods). My husband is not on this journey nor supportive. I don't eat processed foods like bacon, sausages or fast foods, but I do eat out in restaurants...sugar and fat there too! Vegan cooking is delicious. I like to cook, so often make vegan or vegetarian foods for friends and family and for our non-meat days. I too have decided to cut sugar out of my diet.

I won't tell you how many fractures due to being a klutz I have had, the last the navicular bone in my foot. I think it happens when the fibro. is triggered. And, the sad thing is that with my previous diet, the weight came on, and the spiral continued. You know the story I am sure.

You have posted wonderful vegan substitutes for favorite foods. I have not explored vegan cheese yet, but have made vegan burgers(black bean) without cheese, and put avacado on top. Did you know that there is a vegan cheese recipe at this site. Would your husband share his recipe for coconut based bacon bits?

• Dahlia

1 year ago

Correction to above post, my husband, bless his heart, is supportive but not on this journey. I think autocorrect was the culprit. Today we are doing the Boston bake bean marathon. We have found a non-meat version, but it calls for molasses. He is making his with molasses, I am making mine with ground up dates. Both pots are in the oven as we speak.

• Dahlia

1 year ago

Here is the result of the battle of the beans. Mine in the red pot, were creamy, have a sweet molasses taste. I used a half cup of dates and water blended instead of molasses. His, made with dark liquid honey, instead of molasses this time, were lighter in flavour, and a bit more liquid. The secret to making this bean recipe is using Kombu to replace the meat. It even states in the book, that the Kombu helps to release the flavornof beans.Dinner for tonight is almost made. Will make a chickpea vegan pancake . Both recipes from the same book: How to Cook Everything Vegetarian, Mark Bittman. I'm guessing that a serving size for the beans is about a cup. Leftovers for the coming weeks. They freeze well.

• CM

1 year ago

oh my word....looks so yum.

• CM

1 year ago

eurocatbaby, can you share that veggie taco pizza recipe? that really looks good.

• Dahlia

1 year ago

transition- out day 1.... Here are veggies and resulting drink for morning and afternoon snack. I omitted fruit, except for lemon, as I had several servings in AM. I seem to function well with fruit only in morning. How was your transition today?

• Brian

1 year ago

For me? I still did my juice only. My evening juice was vegetable broth, with a very small amount of cut up vegetables. and some hot sauce. it was nice and helped me resist the pizza the teenage girls around here were eating.

• Dahlia

1 year ago

That is a start, Brian. I saw the most interesting pizza recipe made entirely of vegetables, no cheese, I think it has nut cheese (there is a recipe for that) but you could skip and just put toasted almonds on top. The base is portobello mushrooms, and it has tomato sauce and normal pizza veggies. Perhaps you could make it for the girls one night. It is under recipes, under mains, at this site. Just finished a 40 minute walk, and off to bed soon.

• Dahlia

1 year ago

Dinner on day one of transition out was Easy and Fast: Broccolini and Asparagus with Almonds from the recipes, mains, and cod cooked in oven at 425 degrees f. with tomatoes, 1tablespoon each of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, green onions, and a mix of fresh herbs, salt and pepper.

Fish is the first protein I am introducing to my transition as I have craved it all week. I will be introducing each new food, one at a time, to find out which ones affect my health. The recipes made 4 servings. The fish portion was 3 oz.

Off to do my 40 minute walk. I plan to keep track of my food this week, and report any gain or loss in weight after 5 days. I do not weigh myself daily as weight fluctuates. Love to hear what strategies you are planning for the transition out.

• girlonjuice

1 year ago

Is that the 10 day plan you can download for free on this site? I'm having a little trouble navigating all the plans and choices.

• Dahlia

1 year ago

Yes it is, however I had no luck downloading it, perhaps because I use a tablet. I bought the App for my tablet, and it is really neat. It has guided plans for 10, 15, and 30 day. There is a place to enter your daily progress, what you eat, drink, hours exercising, etc. In addition, there is a recipe section, by plan for each day. I think they should be promoting this more as it really works well. You can download it for free but you don't get all the features. Glad you have joined, and I hope I have answered your questions. If you have any tips for transitioning out, please tell us.

• girlonjuice

1 year ago

Joining this group for future reference.

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.