Reboot finished! Now what?

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• eurocatbaby

3 years ago

Has anyone done the oatmeal in a jar overnight. We have started doing that and it is so easy and ready to go. You put about 3/4 cup of oatmeal and 1 cup we use cashew milk my hubby makes. Then you have a blank canvass to make what you want. You can use almond butter or the other day we put baked apples. I just baked apples with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves and nothing else in the pan just bake them down and they are yummy. So we put them in the jar and add just a few drops of stevia. Then the next morning your have oatmeal you can mix it up and even heat it up if you want. Which I thought I would prefer but actually I don't mind it right from the fridge. It tastes yummy and is healthy. You can add unsweetened cocoa powder with your almond butter for a yummy one. Add dates for a caramel sweet taste with your coco powder or add nuts. This morning I think my hubby added some fresh raspberries. It is the prefect breakfast for on the go. Grab your pint size mason jar out of fridge and you go. If you travel for work that is great. Then when you are done put the lid back on. On YouTube and Pinterest there are so many recipes for these it is amazing and you would never get bored. We like the idea of making things easy because some people don't have a lot of time. I haven't tried this with any other grains but someone mentioned doing it with quinoa I don't know if it would be as good. Have fun and create something awesome.

• Rob57

3 years ago

Hi Eurocat. This is one of my favourite breakfasts. I often use quinoa flakes. Very tasty and full of goodness.

• Rob57

3 years ago

Hi. 2/3 of the way through my 30 day Reboot and want to get ready for the transition.

• huskereurocat

3 years ago

Rob - Now is the time to start getting some recipes of things that you want to try later. We did 50 days of juice only. My wife and I found that during the reboot we had lots of time to educate ourselves on not only the recipes but also nutrition in general. We continue to learn a lot but that time, in my opinion, was well spent.

Keep it going dude, you can do it!!!!

• Dahlia

3 years ago

Welcome Rob57. I have purchased all needed to make the oatmeal recipe. The recipe in Oh She Glows Cookbook adds Chia Seeds .

• Rob57

3 years ago

Hey there Dahlia. That's a great cookbook. I use chia quite a lot and have a great chia/nut milk/raw cacao mousse recipe that tastes great. Will post it soon.

• Dahlia

3 years ago

Chocolate mousse....heaven! Looking forward to having that recipe. Having for dessert tonight chia that was soaked in almond milk, topped with almonds and strawberry.

• Trezzy

3 years ago

Thank you for the warm welcome Dahlia! I saw your group in my feed and thought I would join.

I've still got a couple of weeks before I begin my transition as I'm on day 42 of a 60 day juice only reboot. After my reboot I would like to transition into 30 days of raw vegan and then transition into vegan. I find it easier for me to digest this journey when I break it up into different phases.

Looking forward to all the great recipes you all share as I will soon be joining you in the discovery of a new lifestyle of eating!

• Dahlia

3 years ago

I like your approach. I plan to eat Plant based foods 85% of the time and no processed foods, sugars, or alcohol. Those three affect my health negatively. We are on a journey of discovery, each of us growing at our pace. This group is to support each other on a healthy eating journey. Feel free to post comments, ask questions, as you reach the end of Phase 1.

• Dahlia

3 years ago

Eurocatbaby,

Yesterday when I was in a large health food store in the city, I saw that Bobs Red Mill makes a gluten free pizza mix. The recipe on packaging had two eggs, but that could be two flax eggs, I'm sure. Have you tried it?

• eurocatbaby

3 years ago

No I haven't seen that one but will check it out. I love using the flax eggs. Of course, if you have something that calls for a lot of eggs you usually need something like egg replacer which is not as great as your flax eggs in my opinion.

• Dahlia

3 years ago

Welcome to Trezzy, and so happy that others are posting their marvellous dinners with recipes.

I am posting my weight loss this week only to show that eating from the rainbow and juicing and exercise shows results. For 5 days, I lost 1.5 lbs since I started transition. It is probably more as yesterday I had an allergic reaction( severe headache, shaking, and upset stomach) to either fragrance someone was wearing at the birthday party or to the fruits and vegetables which were purchased from a grocery store already cut up...I suspect some preservative on the fruit. There was also one of those fruit on sticks arrangemeant which are delivered like flowers, I had melon. So this morning, I feel bloated and am not hungry. I have chia seeds soaking in the fridge which I will have for lunch. Have been drinking water and lemon, and chamomile tea.

Will be looking through recipes for a healing smoothie instead of juicing for snack.

• eurocatbaby

3 years ago

Daiya is the only vegan cheese I have found that is any good so far. If anyone has tried something else let me know.

• Dahlia

3 years ago

Good to know.

• eurocatbaby

3 years ago

The picture listed below is my scramble. I also put coconut bacon on top of the scramble. It was awesome. I also made an awesome Salad tonight. Romaine, carrots, red cabbage I added a few walnuts. Red onions of course. I put a little pear and some sliced strawberries. Like the juice recipes for salad's I like 80% veggie 20% fruit. My hubby made an awesome vegan ranch dressing. I put some Daiya cheese on it called smoked Gouda which is really awesome.

• huskereurocat

3 years ago

Here are a couple of the recipes that we made today. The first is a Tofu Scramble that we had for breakfast and the other is the pressure cooker refried beans that we use for a lot of things. It along with the brown rice that I make in the Instant Pot are staples in our refrigerator. If you want to make life a little easier then I would suggest that you get an Instant Pot. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask!!!

Tofu Scramble – No Oil

12oz Extra Firm Tofu (drained well)

1 C Yukon Gold Potato (cubed and cooked)

½ Large Sweet Onion (fine chopped)

¼ C Red Bell Pepper (fine chopped)

¼ C Orange Bell Pepper (fine chopped)

¼ C Green Bell Pepper (fine chopped)

1 tsp Tumeric*

2 cloves Roasted Garlic

2 tsp Black Salt (Kala Namak)*

½ C Black Beans

¼ C Nutritional Yeast

Black Pepper to taste

1) Saute* onions and roasted garlic in a medium high heat pan.

2) Mix in Bell Peppers.

3) Add in Potatoes, Tofu, Black Beans, Tumeric, Black Salt and Nutritional Yeast. Warm

and fold through to flavor all ingredients and cook water out of Tofu a little. Mixture

should not be runny.

In order to keep the oil low in the dish we have water sauteed the onions and garlic. Black Salt

is pink in color and will give the Tofu an egg taste and smell. We purchased at the Indian

grocery store. The Tumeric will give the Tofu a nice yellow color to resemble eggs.

Enjoy!!!

I-Pot Refried Beans

16-20 oz Pinto Beans (dry) (I fill a 2 cup measuring glass all the way to the top)

½ large sweet onion (medium chopped)

2 tsp Cumin

6 cloves Roasted Garlic

2 tsp Chili Powder

2 tsp Sea Salt

1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes

4 tbsp Homemade Vegetable Broth Concentrate

3 cups Water

2 tsp Liquid Smoke

1) Soak beans overnight. Discard all floating or bad beans. Rinse beans

thoroughly under cold water. Place in Instant-Pot.

2) Add all ingredients except the sea salt to the Instant-Pot and mix well.

3) Pressure cook in the Instant-Pot on manual setting for 40 minutes on high.

Leave on keep warm mode and let the pressure come back down on its own

until all pressure is released.

4) Open Instant-Pot and add the Sea Salt to the beans. (Having salt in the mix

during cooking seems to make the beans tougher)

5) With an immersion blender, grind beans into a runny paste (blend as much or

little as you like)

Enjoy!!!

• Dahlia

3 years ago

Anything with Yukon potatoes, not to be confused with the watery yellow potatoes sold at grocery store, is a keeper. The Yukon is so delicious that it eats without condiments. The tofu scrabble will be on my menu as soon as I can make it to a market one Saturday about 45 Km from where I live, to pick some Yukons. I had a local source, but with Spring here, the supply is gone.

• huskereurocat

3 years ago

Electric pressure cookers have come a long way. I remember the old manual one that my mother used to do her canning and it was scary. With the new ones its soooooo easy compared with the old ones its amazing! Just make sure the seal is good (i run my finger around it with each use), remove any obstructions and make sure the vent and sealing plugs are clean and you are good to go. Now all you do is push a button on the side of the machine and away it goes.

• Dahlia

3 years ago

Last post for today, as I still need to make hummus to take with me. Tonight hubby made dinner. I am posting an alternative drink to white wine, I juiced 4 apples, 1 lemon, 1orange. Hubby has wine instead of juice.

First one he liked! An alternative to red wine, is beet juice. In a wine glass, it feels festive! I'm off line until Sunday. Have a great weekend everybody.

Hubby made stir fried broccoli and asparagus with mushrooms. Dessert was melon balls.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.