15 Day Reboot starts February 16,2014

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• TotalFocus

5 years ago

Hey Cathy...

I am getting ready to make that juice that you shared on this post a few days ago (kale leaves, orange,lemon, pineapple, cucumber, celery, ginger and granny smith apple).

I will let you know how it goes! :-)

• Cathy Isaac

5 years ago

Let me know how you are doing!

• Cathy Isaac

5 years ago

I am going strong and I have the will to make it ! It is day 11 for me. I feel good and I have lost 14 pounds!!!

• TotalFocus

5 years ago

Hey Cathy! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! You're almost there!!! :-)

I ate a meal the other day, but I REFUSED to beat myself up over it.

The refrigerator is stocked back up with fresh fruits and vegetables.

I am back on track and I will finish this 15 day reboot! :-)

• Cathy Isaac

5 years ago

I have been on the road a lot. I haven't been able to get to the site.I started last Saturday. I am juicing 99% and when I can't get a juice I pick a salad and water, or I eat nothing and drink water. I put a blouse on this morning that fit tight cause it shrunk the first time I dried it, of course. Lol I usually where a pullover fleece top over it. I dress in layers to drive. It fits perfectly!!!! I can't believe it! I am so thrilled. I will never stop till I get to my goal!!

• TotalFocus

5 years ago

Way to go Cathy!

It must have felt really good to know how smoothly the shirt went on and how well it fit.

I would have done the happy dance in that shirt. lol

That's a big motivator to stay focused.

• RebootJT

5 years ago

Good morning all,

Still a bit sick, but sticking to my plan. Have had a little mess ups with nibbling. This is really my biggest down fall. Like at work it is a food culture. There is always something in the kitchen or when somebody passes by they say "hey try this"! Without thinking and because of the culture sometimes I just take it. Otherwise I am doing good. :-)

• Cathy Isaac

5 years ago

A lesson I have learned is if you say you cant have it you want it more! So try to make the best choices you can and take control and own your behavior and it will be easier to keep on track. Just don't give up!every good choice is a step forward.

• bonnerin

5 years ago

End of day 4. Down 5 pounds, waist still the same.

So my future father-in-law dropped by to take us out to Vietnamese food dinner. No warning, just a knock on the door and an invitation. At first I said "no" and told my fiance to go, but then I decided to go too. I made a juice beforehand and had about half when they ordered, but I still looked at a menu anyway.

I saw that they had fresh coconuts and ordered one and boy it was delicious. I drank the juice and ate the flesh. nom nom nom! I loved them before and I love them even more now. I also ordered a vegetable pho without the noodles and was in heaven. Broccoli, bok choy, carrots, onions, green onion and tofu. I tossed in some bean sprouts too.

Normally I'd be upset with myself for making a plan and breaking it, but the choices I made were amazing. I'm feeling pretty zen about the whole thing.

I think that if I hadn't been watching a ton of food documentaries on netflix I wouldn't feel so Zen about it. Forks Over Knives is *really* good and I learned this amazing mantra. . . instead of "I want it but I can't have it" I've flipped the script to "I can have it but I don't want it."

So I guess my juice only fast ended early, but it wasn't broken with rice noodles, which I definitely did crave. Turning down those spring rolls and the peanut sauce was TOUGH.

That being said I'm back on the juice tomorrow. I really am feeling amazing and I hope you all are too.

• Ren808

5 years ago

Such a great outlook! And sounds like a delicious, healthy meal. So glad to hear you are feeling amazing.

• TotalFocus

5 years ago

OH!!! SOMETHING MAJOR I FORGOT TO ADD in my last post.....

I went to see Joe Cross yesterday!!!

WOW! WHAT A GREAT AND DOWN TO EARTH GUY!!!

He was on his book tour and stopped at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore in Bethesda, Maryland (outside of Washington DC) for a book signing!!

When I was going through my tough time today, I thought of Joe Cross and the talk that he gave last night and that helped me to stay calm to press through.

Thanks Joe.... you are an inspiration to us all! :-)

• Cathy Isaac

5 years ago

You are doing awesome!

• TotalFocus

5 years ago

Hi Everyone....

Here's my update!

Today is day #3 for me, because I started my reboot on Monday.

On day 1, I made out ok... I got a little hungry at one point, but I made it through.

Day 2, I made it through, but I struggled with several periods of fogginess and irritability. I kept thinking back to what other Rebooters said... "On days 2 or 3 you may experience some side effects of the body detoxing itself". These periods of fogginess and irritability did not last all day. I had about 3 episodes of this and they lasted for about 45min to an hour each time. I drank a glass of water and sipped on some juice during this time, and that helped to make me feel better.

On Day #3, I woke up and I felt WONDERFUL! I got up, made my juice, and did some chores around the house for a little while, when all of the sudden a massive storm of emotions started to overtake me! I started having these massive mood swings of anger, bitterness, and feelings of doom! I felt like the room was closing in around me and I wanted to break out! I tried to drink water, and I also made a quick smoothie, but nothing seemed to help. Finally, after an hour of this misery, I had to go and lay down for a while, because I knew that this was the detoxing taking affect, and the only other way I knew how to deal with this was to sleep it off. Thank God I had the day off of work today, because if I were at work, I probably would have said forget this juice thing and I probably would have went to the cafeteria to get a cheeseburger and a large order of fries!!!! Anyway, I curled up on the sofa and took a nap for about an hour or two. When I woke up, I felt normal again.

I am usually a happy and relaxed type of person (sometimes a little too relaxed), however, the way I felt today was like I was having ROAD RAGE or something! If someone wanted to cause harm to me today, I would have beat them up and body slammed them into the ground, just like those Wrestlers on TV! LOL

Its 9pm Eastern Time and almost time for bed. I hope these feeling of detox have passed because I don't know if I will have the strength to press through these raging emotions again. I will do my best though.

Going through this with you all is what's really helping me. There is no way that I could do this without a support group!

I am doing this 15 day challenge on juice only, because I can't keep up with the task of making all of the meals. I don't follow a protocol with juicing... I just juice and go. Me personally, if juice fasting or diet instructions get too complicated for my liking, then I know exactly what I will do....I will just say forget it and get that cheeseburger. However, if I just "do what I can do" (and experiment and make small tailored changes along the way), then I will be more likely to succeed. For example, if I get hungry at night, I will fix what I call an emergency juice (because tea doesn't work for me, I'm still hungry afterwards). This juice is not my normal size juice, its only about 6-8oz and consists of one apple and one carrot (or something like that). I have learned that this works for me, because I feel better after drinking it.

Oh, well that's my story for the day.

Have a nice night!

• bonnerin

5 years ago

I get it with the protocol. The only thing I pay attention to are the colors, but I flip the meal times. For example we should be having orange or red at breakfast, but I did green for breakfast and made orange for dinner instead. :)

• Ren808

5 years ago

Hi TotalFocus- thanks for sharing this! I am right there with you and I really do think it's part of the detox. I can totally relate to feelings of rage and emotional overwhelm. The thing is, for me I think I do have a lot of anger surrounding my weight, body image, and eating. I struggle often with feelings of anger or unfairness- and this will have to be part of my emotional healing. I am really hoping as I learn to take care of my body, I will also work towards peace re: past body/weight issues. I am really having to talk myself into being able to juice being a great and wonderful privilege (which it totally is!) as opposed to something I "have" to do.

How are you feeling today?

• Cathy Isaac

5 years ago

I finally got a mix for the greens that I love. 6-8 kale off the stalk,1 orange 1 lemon 3 pinapple spears, 1 granny smith, 1 cucumber 2 celery 1 small piece of ginger it tastes awsome!! I have lost 8.5 pounds since saturday. I will weigh again on monday. I seem to have the most trouble right before I go to bed and I am so hungry then . I am drinking my tea and that seems to help. I am juicing only for now cause I have little time to prep for meals . I will post tomorrow!!!! Yay team! We can do this!

• TotalFocus

5 years ago

Cathy...I love that juice combination! I will try that! Also, congratulations on your progress so far! I will be happy to hear about your weigh in on Monday. Great Job!!!

• RebootJT

5 years ago

Hey all,

My chest infection seems to be finally turning a corner. I will try to do full juicing starting Saturday health permitting. Right now I am on green soup to warm my body and sooth my throat. Am doing well to stick to veggies only. Great to see everybody.

• Cathy Isaac

5 years ago

I am so impressed with your determination! Even sick you are hanging in there !!!

• TotalFocus

5 years ago

Im happy to hear that the chest infection is clearing up.! Keep up the great work!

• marlay

5 years ago

My fellow warriors against bad eating habits (WABEH) LOL I just made that up

I have fallen off the wagon and its day 2 (SAD FACE), but after analyzing my situation I realized I was going about it wrong- I was doing the 15 day program here that includes foods and juicing and IT TAKES TO MUCH TIME to prepare and make the meals. With my schedule it didn't work so well, I caved in and ate with my family.

BUT! All is not lost, when we fall we help each other up, with that any recommendations for a plan to follow that does not take so much time- I do admit the kale avocado salads were yummy! Even the carrot ginger soup. I also have the groceries from the first 5 days in my fridge that I cannot go to waste, going to try to make greens for the family tomorrow and stick with the green juice too.

How many of our group members is doing Juicing only?

• Ren808

5 years ago

Hi marlay- I'm on day 2 and am doing the first 5 days juice/plus veggies then (I think/hope) continuing on to 100% juicing. I absolutely know what you mean, as I've also found the food prep quite time consuming. Hang in there! If you eat/juice what you purchased for days 1-5 (even if not following the recipes) you're getting such a good, healthy start. I know for me part of the time-consuming aspect is being unfamiliar with the recipes- maybe you can use your produce in ways that can allow you to save some time and still stay on track. Either way, just jump back on the wagon! I have to remind myself all the time that I don't want this to be a diet, but a lifestyle change...which sometimes takes some time to adjust to.

• Cathy Isaac

5 years ago

I am now cause like you it is a lot easier for me to do.

• TotalFocus

5 years ago

You can do this, Marlay! If you fell off the wagon, you just get back up, dust yourself off, and keep moving toward the goal! :-) Your body appreciates you taking the initiative to start a reboot. Every time you make a wise food or juice choice your body says Thanks!! I needed that! :-)

• bonnerin

5 years ago

I find that juicing takes up so little time and those meals look not so fast to prepare so sometimes I think juice only can be the best way to go. :) I am for the most part doing juice only.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.