Reboot UK

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Claudia

4 years ago

Hello,

my name is Claudia and I am new to juicing.

I am reading Joes's book right now and I watched his movie but

I am still unsure which plan would be the best to start with.

I am thinking to go for 5 days as a start to see how it works.

Does anybody have any advice, please?

How did you start your first juicing?

Thanks. :)

• Eeyore

4 years ago

Hi Claudia. Some people start cutting back on things like caffeine, sugar and dairy before going juice only so that detox isn't so strong others just jump right in. You could incorporate juice once or twice a day and eat clean for one meal too for a bit. You need to find what works for you. I dabbled to begin with, started by adding juices in during the day. I try and remember that every meal i swap out i've changed my diet by 30% - that's surly better than my usual unhealthy choices!

• FreyaandPhoebesMom

4 years ago

I get my juicer on Wednesday! I am still really eager to go so will hopefully start Thursday. Every where I go I've been thinking about how I will cope when juicing and have formulated plans for everywhere which will really help I think. I feel more committed knowing how I will get through the days! I am going to start by juice fasting for a week and see how I feel I think.

My mom lost 5lbs last week by only juicing in the day and eating a healthy evening meal! So proud of her

• Eeyore

4 years ago

I find it easier to not put a time on it. Just take it a day, sometimes even and hour, at a time. I find it takes the pressure off. When your out and about make sure you take your juice with you, and try and take more than you think you will need, just in case you get delayed anywhere. I usually juice the night before, put it in sigg flasks in the fridge, then in the morning, put into a cool bag with ice blocks - it stays cold all day. Way to go Mom!!

• Eeyore

4 years ago

I have watched Jason Vale's new movie SUPERJUICE ME today - i highly recommend watching it if you can - it's just awesome!! Juicing it forward.

• Eeyore

4 years ago

Hi Everyone

I'm here in the UK too. I've lost about 30lbs now since March on juice only and modified. I've juiced before over the years having discovered Jason Vale about 6 years ago. I even went on one of his retreats for a week. But it was only after seeing Joe Cross's FSND that i started juicing regularly. Jason's got a new documentary SUPERJUICE ME out this weekend. It's free to watch online for this coming week if you register. Should be good.

I'm going modified this weekend due to my outdoor commitments, but will be starting another stretch juice only next week. Hoping to go until June to shed another load of weight and get healthy.

• MaxnSpencer

4 years ago

I'm on my third day now and already can see the weight shifting off. I've tried the Jason Vale's 7 lbs in 7 days and managed to shift the weight quickly but as ever I found it really difficult to maintain it, problem is I enjoy eating (and drinking too much)!

Laura how easy did you find it to carry on after the first week? What made you stop at 35 days?

• Laura

4 years ago

I started today just on the juices, I would love to go through to Mid June, but we will see. The first few days are the worst then it's quite addictive! I have gained some weight since the end of last reboot, I lost 24lbs in 34 days. I didn't do any exercise then this time I will. I have found the hardest bit is transitioning back after the reboot, I don't think 34 days was long enough to change 36 years of bad habits. It is so tough isn't it trying to find a balance.

• MaxnSpencer

5 years ago

Hi I'm just starting to reboot today, would you mind if I joined you? I'm swithering between the 10 and 15 days, think 30 days is a bit ambitious for my willpower! I'm also new to posts and online groups so this is a whole new learning experience for me.

• FreyaandPhoebesMom

5 years ago

Thanks for your reply Laura. I was wondering if the GP would actually do anything if I went to him? I have a lot of weight to lose so it can't be a bad thing to juice fast. I can't wait to get my juicer, raring to go already.

• Laura

5 years ago

Hi there

I am starting on Wednesday 15 day guided Reboot but will go on to do 60, I did 35 days in Jan. Be aware the doc is not likely to have heard of this and will put you off it, I didn't see a GP, I felt fantastic.

• FreyaandPhoebesMom

5 years ago

I have noticed that most people on here are from America and their systems seem to differ over there, especially with healthcare as they don't have the NHS I guess.

Have many people spoke with their Dr about a juice fast? Will they do blood tests before you start? I am planning to start juicing as soon as my juicer arrives and am going to see my GP this week about it.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.