Reboot UK

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• new-me

4 years ago

Day one feeling ok bit weak,but cleaned house to take mind off no food missing my glass of red wine right now. But this day one taking it day by day hope to do 14 days

• Eeyore

4 years ago

Is this your first reboot new-me? Well done getting through day 1! You could make a nice vibrant red juice and put it in a wine glass in the evening if that would help get you through!

• greenanne

4 years ago

hi there.

I am a new uk rebooter and I will be starting my first 5 day reboot tomorrow.i am pretty much organised but can someone tell me where you get your coconut water.i have seen it in one shop but it was £3.50 a carton.I'm hoping there are cheaper places to buy it than this.

many thanks.

• Eeyore

4 years ago

Hi greenanne! I get mine from sainsbury's, in the chillers with the juice but I'm sure the other supermarkets would have it too. Just make sure you get a sugar free one. I add it to my juice rather than drinking it straight, either from the carton or by ice cube - I freeze it in ice block trays, that way once a carton is open I don't waste it if I don't use it straight away. good luck on your reboot!

• delphinium22

4 years ago

Hi everyone,

Today is day 1 and I am nervous about starting.

I do not have a juicer and wanted to make smoothies instead. Does anyone whether this will effect my weightloss?

Thanks and hope you are all doing well...

Delphi

• [...]

4 years ago

Hiya Delphi, because the blender keeps the pulp in with fibre, the weight loss will be slower to come off.

Edit | Delete your post
  • Eeyore

4 years ago

Morning delphinium22! I have both a juicer and a blender and tend to do 2 thin juices and 2 thickie juices a day as on Jason Vale's plans. The thickie's are generally a thin juice with quarter avocado blended in. Smoothie's are a good way of adding more greens to your diet if you don't have a juicer. I have discovered this site which covers green blends. http://www.alkalinesisters.com/ Maybe you could look out for a juicer on freecycle or even in the back of a friends cupboard!

• Hollypops

4 years ago

Morning fellow UK Rebooters!

I'm currently on day 5 going well.

How're you all on this Monday morning?!

• Eeyore

4 years ago

Morning Hollypops! How are you getting on?

• Anna Barbulescu

4 years ago

Hello everyone, hope someone will read my post :) I've only just started doing this but I find it really hard to drink so much (4-6 500ml juices a day). I've always been like this - I can't drink too much of anything! Do you think it's bad if I don't drink that much? Also, I'm eating cashews, almonds, chickpeas, fruit and salad. I have been 'easing' into this 'diet' by giving up sugars and carbs (bread, pasta, cereal, rice, potatoes) and now everything is gone apart from what I mentioned above. What do you think, is this going to work? Thanks in advance for any replies!

• Eeyore

4 years ago

Hey Anna! Welcome! It's nice to have another UKer on board! It's important to keep the fluid intake high as your body not only needs the nutrients you are giving it via juice but the water too, to take the toxins away. This will reduce the detox symptoms you may experience. Joe recommends 4 x 16oz juices a day. You don't want your body to go into starvation mode as it won't release fat then (if weight loss is part of your goal). I would say the general rule of thumb is try and have juice regularly throughout the day, before you feel hungry. If you do feel hungry just have more juice or water. There are a couple of groups just started for July which would offer you loads of support and inspiration (under the Group tab as well as Group Discussions)- i am hanging out in 'Thank you, Joe!' in Groups. Good luck on your juicy journey!

• Eeyore

5 years ago

If you didn't catch it first time round or if you want to watch it again, Jason Vale's Super Juice Me documentary is available to view free again this coming weekend. www.superjuiceme.com

• Galtres

5 years ago

Day 20 and 18lbs down, unbelievable! Feeling good, not missing alcohol and able to cook and feed the rest of the family without picking. Feeling I will push on for another 10 days - wish me luck!

• Eeyore

5 years ago

How fantastic! Keep on juicing on!

• huntersmoon

5 years ago

Hi everyone

I have started my 30 day juice today and of course am feeling apprehensive, but so far it's been OK. I am suprised I don't feel hungry, I've got 95lbs to lose and unfortunately due to a car crash I cannot get around much. I live In West Yorkshire and unless I go into Leeds there isn't a juice bar to be seen within 50 miles!! At the moment I am having Sainsburys deliver organic to me but wondered if there is a cheaper way. Unfortunately we are not blessed with organic farms round here and the two organic shops just do dry goods not veggies. Any suggestions how you keep the cost down would be appreciated.

• Eeyore

5 years ago

Hi huntersmoon. I tend to use a mix of organic and non. I have a basic list that i use to keep things simple (apples, carrots, beets, spinach, celery, cucumber, pineapple, avocado's, ginger, lemons) and then i occasionally buy other bits (red cabbage, broccoli, oranges, grapefruit, melon, limes etc) and i also buy frozen berries. I shop a couple times a week to keep things fresh and not jam up the fridge too much. Juicing is way cheaper than the amount i was spending on rubbish and i am healing my body of all its toxicity plus i am getting back into old clothes rather than buying new ones, so i view it as balancing out! I use Sainsbury's and my local farm shop. Good luck on your juicy journey!

• Eeyore

5 years ago

Anyone know where i can find fresh turmeric in the UK? Struck out at Sainsburys. I'm in the South West so not overwhelmed with supermarket options.

• Juli.Tulip

5 years ago

abel and cole have it-- thats where i got mine. good stuff but it stains your fingers :)

• Peter

5 years ago

Hello all, Peter here. I will be starting off on my quest tomorrow. Bought all my goodies. Wow! the contents of my fridge has been stolen and replaced with many strange and wonderful muti-coloured items. I'm not a vegetable fan, but even if I have to pinch my nose and close my eyes I am going for it! good luck to all of you.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.