The Canuck Rebooters

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Katyast

5 years ago
    N1C01E
    - the weight you lost will not come back unless you do not incorporate changes. if you go back to eating the same crap again and overeating, then yes, you will regain.
    When you get to the point where you want to end the reboot, you need to ease back into eating. There should be articles on this site, that explain how to phase back into eating. There is also a reboot group for those that ended their reboot.

To answer your question with a visual, follow this link for a a picture of Phil Staples who was featured on the Fat Sick & Nearly Dead Documentary.

http://culturemob.com/what-happened-to-fan-favorite-phil-staples-after-the-film-fat-sick-and-nearly-dead
  • N1C01E

5 years ago

Thanks Katyast and Mitzy. My problem is, not eating enough and the right thing (ie. eat lunch and dinner, both of which includes chicken). I don't gain weight, but I'm at a steady 161 at 5/2, so obviously 20-25 pounds overweight for my height and age (37). Good news guys, I haven't eaten meat since Saturday! lol Downfall, had a piece of sponge cake with jam, yep. I did it. But not going to beat myself up for it. Lesson for me: Ignore my boyfriend's kitchen! lol

• JuicyKrys

5 years ago

I really wish the most recent posts would be at the top, rather than having to click through pages and scroll way down... it's not too bad right now, but what will this wall look like in a month?

• Mitzy

5 years ago

I sent an email about this a couple of days ago and they replied that their IT team is working on it!

• N1C01E

5 years ago

That does sound devine Katyast...only problem is, my apartment does NOT come with a tub that can take plugs (it's a really old tub where the hole is on the wall of the tub and goes down to the floor of the tub..it's really weird)..maybe I'll go to the hardware store, because that just sounds too devine to pass up. By the way, I have been walking everyday to the market, to make the following day's receipes/meals. Looks like I surpassed my goal (of shopping for healthy food this weekend) and I am actually contemplating about rebooting. My question: when the rebooting stops and I go back to eating my vegetarian meals, the nutritionist I work with said my lost body weight will all come back. Is that right?

• Mitzy

5 years ago

I don't plan to stop juicing. I'm sticking with a vegan diet and will juice once or twice a day and eat vegan meals in between. If you're sticking with vegetarian meals I can't see why the weight would come back. You're pretty much chewing the same foods you were juicing.

• VinDela

5 years ago

Hi... I think the key is to eat less food at 1 time and eat more often. This will keep your metabolism going and you will burn more calaries. I think this is why Reboot has you drinking the juices so often than the standard 3 meals a day as most of us were taught.

• Mitzy

5 years ago

Juices all around!...our newest and 10th member is "Amrita" congrats and welcome!

• Amrita

5 years ago

thanks Mitzy! Looking forward to starting on November 1st!

• N1C01E

5 years ago

Congrats on the 10lb weight loss! I hope to see you there! Out of curiosity, what do you guys do when stress enters your life. Does juicing help reaction?

• Katyast

5 years ago

Now when I'm stressed I clean or I turn on some music and let loose. Before I used to eat until I couldn't, then I'd puke and eat more (no kidding that's how I gained most of my weight).

I have also recently added a detox bath to my weekend routine. Believe me It is HEAVEN and does wonders. Lavender essential oil in the bathwater helps to relieve stress. The recipe:

1/4 cup sea salt or Himalayan salt,

1/4 cup Epsom salt (I use the lavender infused type, they sell it at safeway)

1/4 cup baking soda

1/3 cup apple cider

a few drops of your favorite essential oil (you can purchase them at NationalNutrition.ca)

Dissolve the first 3 ingredients in hot water in a jar, set aside. Run the bath, pour in cider vinegar, pour in salt/soda mixture, add essential oils. Soak for no more than 30 minutes, and make sure you are hydrated, before, during and after. Dim the lights, light some candles, turn on some nice music and Enjoy! It not only de-stresses your mind, but each ingredient works to de-stress and detox your body. If you get lightheaded, get out of the tub. The other bonus is that your skin will feel silky smooth.

• Mitzy

5 years ago

I'm a bit of a control freak, so I find juicing enables me to focus my energy specifically to the task at hand. Sure the stress and worries are there sitll, but juicing is my go-to-place!

• Mery21

5 years ago
    For me, its either going on the bike we have at home and biking hardcore until im too tired to be.stressed lol. Or drinking tea is always calming. Or going online here at rebootwithjoe and talking to great ppl.
  • Katyast

5 years ago

the best juicer under 200 is the Breville Fountain Plus. They regularly go on sale at London Drugs. if you live near an area that Spud.ca services, you can purchase this one or the best model (Elite) under a payment plan at 0 interest.

• Queade

5 years ago

i got my Breville Fountain Plus at Tire for $159.99 on sale..just have to watch for sales

• Amrita

5 years ago

Question for everyone: what is the best juicer for under $200?

• VinDela

5 years ago

Hi Amrita

I just purchased the Hamilton Bench Big Mouth 2 days ago. Consumer Reports rated it the best over-all juicer for your money. So far it works great and I've put in a whole lemon unpeeled and it juiced it :).

I got the juicer at Future Shop for under $100 with Ont taxes included.

• Mitzy

5 years ago

If you find you're getting heart burn, then try peeling the lemons. The skin on acidic fruit can be bitter. I have to peel them.

• Mery21

5 years ago
    I have a 16oz Cuisinart juicer from Sears. I bought it on sale for $100 taxes included. Regular price is $120 plus tax. Check online, they deliver. I love it so far.
  • Amrita

5 years ago

am I #10? :-)

• Mitzy

5 years ago

Hi Amrita, yes you're our #10. :) High Five!

• JuicyKrys

5 years ago

Oh Mitzy, WW will cast you out like a rabid dog if they hear too much about juicing - I know, it happened to me. They don't even like hearing "vegan" (and let's face it, when juicing, we are all effectively raw vegans). Just remember, WW is a business and if every member at every meeting was maintaining their goal weight they would have no income and the business would fail... they don't *really* want members to reach and maintain their goal weight.

I'm thrilled to see so many more members... *yay*

Someone (sorry, I can't remember who) asked where we are all from, and I'm on the map... it's around here somewhere LOL... Niagara Falls.

• N1C01E

5 years ago

I'm nearby, Hamilton! :-)

• Mitzy

5 years ago

LOL, I cancelled my WW membership—paid up till Nov 4th. They won't see ever again afterwards!

• bubblybrenda

5 years ago

I too used to be a WW member. An aha moment I've had since I started juicing 4 months ago is all the processed food that they sell at their meetings. Processed chemicals is really what they are. Sad now that I know the truth of how I need to be feeding my body.

• N1C01E

5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback Mitzy! What's a light box? I looked into sources of vitamin D and of course milk came up. Eggs as well. What I didn't know, was that mushrooms contain vitamin D!

• Katyast

5 years ago

Sun exposure gives you a great dose of vitamin D. Vitamin D helps you from getting SAD (seasonal affective disorder). SAD is a type of depression that usually occurs seasonally around winter time. The light boxes mimic the sun without those harmful UV rays. Light therapy is thought to affect brain chemicals linked to mood, easing SAD symptoms. Light therapy also helps other types of depression, sleep disorders and other conditions.

These lamps are usually expensive. If you plan on purchasing one I'd compare the difference between light therapy lamps to grow lamps used for plants. Grow lamps are relatively cheaper and there is a wide range to choose from.

• N1C01E

5 years ago

Correction on previous comment, thank you Katyast, for the feedback and thank you Mitzy for the shout out! I think I'm going to like this community! After all, we ARE Canadian! lol Wish I could live in Spud, any kind of delivery is great lol

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.