The Canuck Rebooters

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Mitzy

5 years ago

It's official, the snow has arrived and it's coooold up here, on this early Saturday morning. Traveled North to cottage and I don't know which is worse, getting out of bed to make juice or staying in warm bed and going hungry! I know one thing for sure, I'll be making hot squash soup tonight.

• Phx_mum

5 years ago

Hate to say it..gonna hit 90ish today..30c. Having to go to the end of the pages to see current posts is strange..can it be changed so that newest posts are first?

• Mitzy

5 years ago

A big Canadian HI, to Phx_mum and Ra-coons.

• Phx_mum

5 years ago

Hi, am a Manitoba transplant living in Phoenix, AZ. I am fairly new to juicing - not doing it totally. I juice for the day and in the evening have a light supper with my husband. He has tried the juice but his face looks more like he is getting punished so it's not for him. Has anyone tried making soup with the veg pulp? Sorry bout the upcoming snow there..still in the 80's here...

• Johnathan

5 years ago

Hey there, my wife's face did (and does) what you say your husband's does. Might I suggest a few juices that I know personally taste good.

I had someone tell me today;

"I have just been throwing in whatever fruits and vegetables I have LOL. Like my last one was broccoli, spinach, apples, blueberry's, carrots, and cucumber. I am obviously not very good at making recipes haha"

My response was this:
    "Yeah.... let's stop that. Imagine making your famous cinnamon rolls but instead of following what you know tastes good you just grabbed all the spices and seasonings and anything else within your reach and throw them into the batter and then cook them. That's pretty much what you have been doing with the juices by the way that you just described it."

I used the recipes on this site; http://makeitvegan.com/all-recipes/juice-recipes/ to get me through the first month. And to this day, is still refer to these and go back to them. You need to remember, I had no idea that the rebootwithjoe website or this amazing community of juicers even existed.

Who is this guy talking? I juiced for over 120 days and am desirous to "pay it forward" as I didn't know this site existed when I first started juicing.

RebootWithJoe featured me as one of their success stories; http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/johnathan-success-story/ <--- That's me! (this is to their FB page) --> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151671458455452&set=pb.215671830451.-2207520000.1368466710 Check out the shares and likes!

Feel free to shoot me a message if you have other questions.

• Mitzy

5 years ago

Wow, great achievement. Well done!

• Queade

5 years ago

Jonathan, that is amazing!!! wow you did great.

• Mitzy

5 years ago

I bought a Julienne Peeler and just LOVE IT. It grates zucchini and carrots like spaghetti. I sauteed them with a little olive oil/garlic/onion and used almond butter to make a sauce. DELICIOUS!!! that was dinner.

• N1C01E

5 years ago

There's such a thing as almond butter?? where do you get that?

• N1C01E

5 years ago

By the way, I bought a Jack Lalonde juicer, but nobody has mentioned this type before, not even on this website. Should I be worried? (on a budget, can't really drop $100+ on a given day)

• Mitzy

5 years ago

If you find it doesn't work that well, try cutting your vegetables into smaller more manageable pieces for the machine. I use a blender for soft fruit like strawberries, blue berries and bananas. Then mix it with my vegetable juice. I haven't heard of this juicer before.

• Phx_mum

5 years ago

I remember seeing Jack Lalonde and his wife over the years doing infomercials on juicing.... I was visiting my sons in Vancouver last month and I saw his machines at Canadian Tire...hey.....whatever works!

• ninjagirl

5 years ago

Hi there N1CO1E. Years ago (like 20) I watched a documentary on Jack Lalonde. He was diagnosed with some type of cancer and given less than a year to live. He started juicing and lived off of it. Apparently his cancer completely disappeared, baffling the docs. Don't know about his juicer but I know they have been on the market for decades, so that says something about it. Good luck!

• N1C01E

5 years ago

Ok, so small accomplishment, I lost 2 pounds, but I'm sure my slice of sponge cake w/jam yesterday will meet me in the next couple of days lol Good news, under 160, haven't done that in a while! What could it be from? Drinking 8 glasses of water yesterday? The vegetarian diet starting this Monday, or the walking to the grocery store and back every day? (40 min in total) or all of the above?? :-)

• Mitzy

5 years ago

Here are a few buddies to cheer us on over the weekend!!

• Mitzy

5 years ago

We Canucks are growing fast. Welcome DiannaLynn. I'm sure you will love juicing. I'm on day 11 and still going strong. What province are you in?

• DiannaLynn

5 years ago

Hello everyone. Hubby and I watched Joe`s movie and I have decided to give this a try. I bought the juicer, and will do a big grocery shop this weekend and start my journey. I hope to feel a lot better in the coming weeks and look forward to being a big LOSER.

• Katyast

5 years ago
    Question to the group:
    Does anyone know why we can't post pictures and videos in our comments as we can in other group posts? Check out the group site 'Saying GOODBYE to 100lbs or more!!!'
    In this group we can past links, pics and videos but we can't (at least) I can't here......
  • Mitzy

5 years ago

Strange. I'll check to see if there are any group settings I need to change. Pending that I'll fire off an email to the site to look into it.

• Mitzy

5 years ago

Just posted an image successfully (See our cheering buddies). You need to click one of the icons in the top portion of the comments field box. I can also post videos, but I'll save that for another time.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.