The Canuck Rebooters

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• N1C01E

3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback Mitzy! What's a light box? I looked into sources of vitamin D and of course milk came up. Eggs as well. What I didn't know, was that mushrooms contain vitamin D!

• Katyast

3 years ago

Sun exposure gives you a great dose of vitamin D. Vitamin D helps you from getting SAD (seasonal affective disorder). SAD is a type of depression that usually occurs seasonally around winter time. The light boxes mimic the sun without those harmful UV rays. Light therapy is thought to affect brain chemicals linked to mood, easing SAD symptoms. Light therapy also helps other types of depression, sleep disorders and other conditions.

These lamps are usually expensive. If you plan on purchasing one I'd compare the difference between light therapy lamps to grow lamps used for plants. Grow lamps are relatively cheaper and there is a wide range to choose from.

• N1C01E

3 years ago

Correction on previous comment, thank you Katyast, for the feedback and thank you Mitzy for the shout out! I think I'm going to like this community! After all, we ARE Canadian! lol Wish I could live in Spud, any kind of delivery is great lol

• Katyast

3 years ago
    This juicing program has a lot of protein in it!

I thought I'd mention: For those that live in a Spud.ca area, their organic fruits and veg prices are pretty reasonable and they sell the Breville and Huron juicers. You can even purchase the juicers on a weekly plan and have the same fruit and veg delivered to you weekly.
  • Katyast

3 years ago
    SAD sets in so easily the west Coast. I feel like the sun dissapears for 6 months during rainy season. Vitamin D helps a lot. I would recommend looking up what veg/fruit provide lots of vitamin D and juicing them.
  • bubblybrenda

3 years ago

I've been using a blue light every morning for about 5 years. It only took a week or so until the benefits kicked in. It made a huge difference for me.

• bubblybrenda

3 years ago

I've been using a blue light every morning for about 5 years. It only took a week or so until the benefits kicked in. It made a huge difference for me.

• Mitzy

3 years ago

In an earlier post I mentioned I had 3 WW meetings left before my membership expires. I attended my 3rd last weigh-in today and I'm happy to report I lost 10.4 lbs in my first 7 days of juicing!

When asked how I did that, I replied "juicing!" Needless to say, she was not to happy with that response. Her reply...what! no protein, no grains, no dairy? LoL

• soulshine

3 years ago

Good Day Everyone,

I wish you all good luck on the day ahead with whatever your goals may be. Mine are sticking to plant based foods with 1-2 green juices. I stalled on my weight loss and since I didn't have any juices for almost 2wks I felt it and didn't like it. I feel so much better when I incorporate at least 1 a day. Have a happy day everyone : D

• Mitzy

3 years ago

How have your first few days been?

• Mery21

3 years ago
    How many ounces of juice did you have per day during your weight loss? Was it more fruits than veggies? Happy juicing!
  • Mitzy

3 years ago

Looking for lucky number 10! Come on over and be our 10th member, you're out there somewhere!

• Mitzy

3 years ago

A big welcome to our three newest group members, VinDela, Lasav and N1CO1E.

• N1C01E

3 years ago

Hello fellow canadians! I currently am feeling the start of the SAD syndrome come over me and Joe's movie inspired me out of it. I'm not quite there yet as far as committing to a reboot date, but I am not ruling Nov 1 out either. I have a juicer but I'm not sure how the preparation goes. I'm one of those people that need to go step by baby step. The main thing is, I want to be healthy. So my 1st baby step is to go to the market this weekend. I think that's a pretty reasonable goal to achieve. :-)

• Mitzy

3 years ago

That's a great goal and a great time to join as those prone to SAD start feeling the symptoms in the Fall and Winter. My friend uses a light box to help her with SAD.

• Mery21

3 years ago
    I hear you! You did the best part by buying a juicer. Even attempting to juice is a great accomplishment cause you are mentally preparing for a life change. I did the same thing. Congrats on the next step by doing some veggie groceries.
  • Katyast

3 years ago

Mitzy, I read somewhere on this site (I think Joe's blog) that feeling cold is normal during a reboot. I also read that if you keep the temp a couple of degrees lower than room temp, your body burns more calories. I can't believe I am going to say this - Let the cold begin! LOL - thankfully I live in Vancouver so the cold seems like a brisk Fall anywhere else in Canada :)

• Queade

3 years ago

i also read about keeping the room temp colder so this year we have the high temp in our house 18....so far so good, just need slippers and a sweater, getting used to it and find the office at work too hot!

• NickyD

3 years ago

I keep wam by drinking lots of hot herbal teas, a least 6 cups a day!

• Mery21

3 years ago
    Im with you Kathy! Omgosh, its gonna be cold.
  • Katyast

3 years ago
    Good Afternoon Canucksters!

I completed one 15 day JF in September and lost 11 lbs. Since then I have been attempting a 60 day all JF but have been 'modifying' and failing miserably.
    Today is a new day and today I feel i have that extra 'Ooomph' power needed to do 60 days. I'd like to at least lose two dress sized by Christmas. I have a lot to lose, so you'll be seeing me on this site for at least a year.

Can I ask what part of Canada you are all from? I currently hail from Vancouver.

Kathy
  • Mitzy

3 years ago

I'm in Ontario. I commute weekly between The Golden Horseshoe, (along Lake Ontario) to Toronto and North to Georgian Bay. I juice all day and have a salad and roasted sweet potatoes, carrots and beans for dinner. Tomorrow is my 1st week weigh in. I too, want to drop 2 sizes by Xmas. For me I think that would equate to 40 lbs. I better hit the gym!

hmm, sounds like a Xmas challenge is brewing.

• NickyD

3 years ago

Welcome Katyast, I'm just across the water in Victoria.

• LornaAries

3 years ago

Hi Kathy, I am in Cloverdale. I did the juicing fast for 2 weeks in the summer and lost 16 lbs. however I started to crave carbs and sadly fell off the veggie wagon and gained all the weight back. So here I am starting over and this time I joined this group as I believe I need contact with others going through the same thing to help inspire me to stay the course. I have lots of weight to loose too so will be here for a long time too. I would like to find others in my area as well. Best wishes for your success! Lorna

• Mery21

3 years ago
    Hellooo Katyast, a big welcome from Markham, Ontario!

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.