The Reboot Juice Lounge

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• seanaboy

5 years ago

tried peeling the beetroot .... nope still dont like the taste oh well

• Kulihi

5 years ago

Hi seanaboy :-) So sorry you didn't find the beets appealing. But good for you for giving it another shot. You can always get the nutrient resources from other produce. Have you looked through the substitute list on the reboot website?

• Lipstick1967

5 years ago

Hey Seanaboy - I was turned off by the thought of beetroot (I assume that is what you refer to when you say beets). My husband has been doing our juicing and I often hunt for the recipes. This week I found one called "Mind Alert" and we tried that and I love it. The recipe is: 1 medium sized beetroot, 1 carrot, 2 green apples, handful of spinach, 1/4 lemon, 1/2 inch piece of ginger. You may never come to enjoy the taste of it. I just continue to use lemon and ginger to bring about a flavour that I find palatable. Good luck with it.

I also notice that you posted your weight in kilograms. Where are you from? I'm from Australia.

• Dawn R

5 years ago

Hello All, I am a newbie to the juicing world just 10/21/13. With that being said, I am wondering if I could eat plain spinach or kale just to get that fuller filling. If that makes since. I am doing a 7 day reboot and day two seems to be more difficult than day one. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you

• Kulihi

5 years ago

Hi Dawn :-) Welcome to the juicing world. It is a whole new world and it definitely takes time to acclimate. I only just saw your message as I am away on vacation this week. I hope things are going well for you. The thing that came to my mind in reading your comment is that there is no wrong way. I remember that feeling with my first reboot - my stomach wanting so much more sustenance that all the liquids were giving me.

If I may say though, and believe me I can only speak from my own personal experience, I found for myself that much of that bulk longing was from my mental state of adjusting to what a 3 hour meal should look and feel like. I also found that once I got over the hump of that 3rd day, I felt a mental and physical surge of relief as my body let go of cravings and I began to be empowered with this new way. When the cravings and mental yearnings hit, I often reminded myself of Joe sitting there in his movie and giving his belly a shake with a comment of, "I already had that massive turkey dinner months ago and it is all here in storage."

But truly that was only my experience. There is no condemnation. We all attain our health goals in different ways. If eating a serving of spinach helps you attain your goal then let's celebrate that. It is such a more healthy choice than the myriad of other instant foods that are constantly advertised for the taking.

Bravo to you for pursuing a healthy lifestyle! You are gaining ground on a more energetic, lively and healthy you.

• seanaboy

5 years ago

I found at the start using Kale to add a few mint leaves just to take the edge off the Kale and also add a handful of Spinach as well, but I cant find a way I enjoy the beetroot ... love pickled beets but the juice .. I find it to earthy and sweet but I'll give it another go ;) just started my 2nd 30 day juicing total loss so far ,start weight 118.6 kgs now 102.5 kgs my first 30 days I didnt do any exercise but have joined the gym and am now enjoying the exercise so lets see how I do this time

• Mishmashy

5 years ago

Hi, are you peeling your beets, it help reduce the earthy taste for me. :)

• jgirl

5 years ago

So, I have already had a false start!

Mental prep is just as important as the physical ;). Weather changing and juicing is not my coffee! So, does anyone completely skip the carrot based juices?

I am fully prepped and ready to go, but my brain seems to need another day. I got going yesterday, which was perfect and then, whomp! late afternoon slump lead me to a cup of joe rather than cold juice.

I am fully prepared to pick it back up tomorrow. Yes, today I didn't even try to make it happen. I prepped some juices already and am enjoying them along with some solid foods for today. Woke up already feeling better in my gut and know I am on the right track for a reboot. So now that I feel my brain is caught up with the needs of my body ... onward!

Where is everyone in this group on their juice journey? Just started? Program length? Using the guides here? I like them. Feel really good about the variety and like the way they lay them out as meal options.

I am based in Northern California, so produce is a blessing along with farmers markets and looking forward to some seasonal options I see once I finish the set program.

• Kulihi

5 years ago

hi jgirl,

How right you are about the mental prep. Through this reboot I am learning so much about my mental state, my addictions and emotional pitfalls. It is really interesting.

Do I skip the carrot juices? No I love them. My favorite is carrot-apple-ginger.

But if carrots are not for you, it is totally ok. We all have likes and dislikes. There are tons of other root veggies to fit the bill. And our taste buds change as we get more healthy which is really cool. I have found that in the beginning I couldn't stand using beets and now I love them.

My personal journey is that in July my husband and I watched the movie and a couple of days later we had a fridge full of good produce. Before we knew it we were each 30 pounds lighter and loving the new us. My husband is still going strong and loves that his system is still so stable with 2 juices a day, a couple of salads with some chicken (usually) and some healthy snacks like nuts bars and sliced apples.

Me....I did really well until my Nana passed last month. Up until the day she died I did great and felt so confident with my juicing. It was easy to have my juice at her bedside while I cared for her and not have to think about the kitchen. But afterwards with all the memorial prep and my own fatigue, I let old foods creep back in. Now I keep doing false starts and get frustrated. But I have to remind myself that any good food choice is a step in the right direction and self condemnation only robs my energy and is of no benefit to me. Actually tomorrow I am going full steam ahead with my choices and am looking forward to an even better me.

I love the layout of the plans here too. Hubby and I have done enough juicing now that we have fun creating new drinks. But in the beginning of our journey and when my head is too full of tasks to pick out ingredients for a juice......we grab that menu plan and treat it as gold.

jgirl you keep on keeping on. You are doing a great job. I can 'hear' your enthusiasm in your words.

• sitara

5 years ago

hello

i watched d movie "fsnd"....was inspired by joe n phil...im on my 2nd day of juice diet...but havnt lost any weight....infact i had onli 2 juices a day...was that a mistake?...please HELP!!...:(

• Kulihi

5 years ago

Hi sitara,

Don't give up. You will see results. I don't know what time of day it is where you are at but it could be that you have not had enough in your system. We are constantly surrounded by the idea of counting calories for weight loss and health. But it is so much more than that. Our bodies need to refuel on energy every few hours (approximately 3 hrs.). If we deny our bodies that push of wholesome goodness then our system goes into lock down mode. It is as if our system says....."you are starving this machine and we don't know where or when the next meal will come. So we will hold onto all of the storage (even the bad stuff) because we might not ever see anything again."

My personal advice would be to enjoy those juice drinks. 5 juices is not too much. IF you are not in a position to make and drink 5 a day, it is totally ok. There is no condemnation. Just be sure to love your body and give it an alternative.....like a yummy salad or a bag of sliced apple, carrot and celery.

Keep with it. You are doing great. :-)

• debusa

5 years ago

hate the kale !!

got any suggestions ??

• Kulihi

5 years ago

Hi debusa, (would that be Deb USA? It is fun to learn everyone's call signs :-) )

Kale is a really potent leafy green. Give some of the other leaves a try like collard greens or spinach. I used spinach as a substitute a lot until my taste buds adapted to my new eating style. That is something to really look forward to. Don't give up on the kale. Try it again in a couple of weeks and you might find it to be not as harsh. I also found that just using the leaf part and tossing the stem in the beginning helped me adjust to the vibrant new taste.

• jgirl

5 years ago

Completely agree. Don't give up on it ;). Definitely start with the tender spinach. I like parsley too. Honestly romaine is a nice choice too, but prefer it with the green lemonade.

• upsidedown72

5 years ago
    Good morning good people, I am on day 5 of my 78 day reboot and I am bright eyed and bushy tailed! First juice of the day was granny smith apples, spinach, kale, celery, carrot and ginger. I must say that it was very tasty. looking forward to finishing up a week down 10 pounds so far hoping to raise that number before my one week mark!
  • Kulihi

5 years ago

Hi upsidedown72

Thank you for your encouragement. Your drink sounds really yummy. I will have to give it a try today. My current craving has been for a simple carrot-apple-ginger. It is amazing how our taste buds change over time. When I first started juicing I couldn't stand things like kale, ginger, cabbage or even beets. Now I look forward to the fun tastes.

You are doing an amazing job. Juicing through the holidays sounds like a great plan. :-)

• upsidedown72

5 years ago

Hello Kulihi, welcome to the group. Congrats on your 30 pound weight loss that is great. I started my reboot on Monday the 14th and plan to reboot for 60 but pushing for the rest of the year. I have 108 more pounds to lose . I chose to so it during the holiday seasons because of the abundance of over eating that occurs during this time of year. Good luck to you on your new reboot :-)

• Kulihi

5 years ago

Hi there.

I am excited for the new features on the website and thought I would give it all a try. I am new to chat rooms so I hope I am doing this right.

I am loving Reboot. My husband & I watched the movie back in July and both got on board with a 30lb weight loss for each of us. I have more to lose but found myself tripped up with planning a sudden memorial for a family member. Now I am trying to muster up my gumption to get back in completely to juicing. I miss that good,clean,energetic feeling. I am looking forward to the focus and ease after crossing over those first 3 days

• upsidedown72

5 years ago
    [deleted]

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.