The Reboot Juice Lounge

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• svdeas

5 years ago

Hello everyone. I hope you are all juicing to your hearts content. I am on day three of my three day Reboot. When I started, I never thought I would hear myself say this but...... I am going to continue the Reboot and extend it out for another four days for a total of a seven day Reboot. That is really big for me. I will admit that when I started I had some reservations even after reading members' accounts that they did not feel hungry. Well I am hear to tell you, they were right! I have had a few minor tummy rumblings but nothing that made me want to raid the fridge. I am satisfied and very happy with my juicing.

I am really having fun reading all the information that those before me have gathered and it is interesting. I am also having fun going to the store and buying fruits and vegetables that I have never eaten or used before. It has opened up a whole new world for me. I have lost 5 lbs. on my three day Reboot and know I will continue to lose more. I have not had any headaches, backaches, or any other type of ache since I have been on the Reboot.

I hope you all continue to benefit from the excellent lifestyle choice you have made and continue to prosper.

• Reciradio

4 years ago

Hi. I see you wrote this a year ago. I hope you are still juicing and enjoying the benefits.

• svdeas

5 years ago
    Hello everyone. I am new to juicing and started my Reboot yesterday. I am doing very good. I thought I would be overly hungry and have hunger pains that could not be ignored. Well, I was wrong.

I am happy that I found Joe's video. I must say though that it was meant to be. I read Joel Fuhrman's book about four months ago and this just cements it all into place. I have tried several of the recipes and several of my own. It is more challenging for me now because I don't yet have a juicer. I am pouring the juice through a strainer. How does the saying go. If you want something bad enough, you'll do what you need to make it happen..... or something like that. I am making it happen.

Being overweight all my life and wanting to finally put being overweight behind me made me want to really make a change. I am finally taking the reigns back.

I wish everyone continued success on their Reboots, goals and dreams.
  • Georgianna

5 years ago
    Hey again all. It's finally my start day! There's someting about committing to a reboot that I find strangely relaxing.
    Hey upsidedown, there's some pretty good juice recipes with pumpkin on this site! I'm trying one for 'dessert' tonight.
    There hasn't been much activity here lately...how are y'all doing?
  • Celia

5 years ago

This is my second juice cleanse. Today was 7 days, and I added a small meal at end if day( fruits or veggies, cocunut milk in tea). Feels like it slowed down things yet gave me necessary energy. Ready to go full on now, for another 7 days. Working on manefesting the necessary finances. Got off coffee and feel so much better now!

• Celia

5 years ago

Hi all-I just joined as I would love to be part of this group as I continue with my juice cleanse. Started 5 days ago, but stopped total fasting at 3 days, due to exhaustion. I want to go back to the fasting and make it over that rough patch. I have a 2 year old and am working and in school, (part-time). Been so foggy, exhausted, and massive cravings...

• Lipstick1967

5 years ago

Hi Celia

Is this your first time doing a juice fast? If you read through lots of posts on here and information on the rest of this website you will realize that a slump around day 3 is totally predictable. Actually all the feelings you have been having are completely normal. Once you push through them things will improve. Be kind to yourself and lean on the people here for support when you are feeling low. That is what the groups are for.

• Georgianna

5 years ago

Hello Loungers! I'll be starting on Nov 4th! I did a 15 day following the program here exactly last year, lost 10 lbs. and have actually managed to keep it off! In addition to the weight loss, which I have about 20 lbs. more to go, I really love the cleanse process -- juicing only keeps you pretty thoughtful and focused on your self and your health. I look forward to getting to know you all, and share the journeys.

• upsidedown72

5 years ago
    Good day everyone! I am happy to see the great support being shown here in the group. I have been away for a few days but I am back now. I am now on day 12 and must say that this being my favorite time of year proves to be the biggest challenege because I love pumpkin anything and everything!! This will be a tue test of will power because I plan to reboot until December 31st !!
  • Kulihi

5 years ago

Hi there! I am still away on vacation with my hubby this week but thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing.

Our juicing journey is different this week with being out of town but we are celebrating and doing so much better than we would have just a few short months ago. Instead of greasy food bars and abstract sugar tempting desserts in all of the towns we visit, we value a place by the quality of their salad offerings. It is actually a lot of fun and we have found it to be less costly and less mental pressure. After all, vacationing and celebrating an anniversary is supposed to be fun. :-)

My hubby has been spoiling me in the mornings and making the juices to get us started. Have you ever had the thought, "I wish someone would just make my food for me." It is really cool this week that my thought has come true. :-)

Today's hit was 3 apples, 1 pear, 5 celery stalks, 1 inch of ginger root, 1 peeled lime, 2 huge handfuls of spinach & 1 cucumber. This made a huge juice glass for each of us as we planned our day.

How are you doing? Have you created any unique and tasty combinations this week? Or how about any juice taste bud disasters that were a learning lesson? Those are fun too.

• yola1966

5 years ago

i'm feeling so guilty today, its a day 11 for me and I was so hungry today I couldn't stop it for the first time since I started. I gave in and had small dinner with my husband. Should I go back on the juice tomorrow morning and start over or did I messed it up?any one had that happened to them? I need help.

• Kulihi

5 years ago

Hi yola1966, Hun it is so okay. No more guilt! Please don't chastise yourself. You did not mess up at all. We all have times where our day ends up not the way we originally planned it to be in our brain. But it is okay. I want to really encourage you to know that you are doing just fine. Each moment and each decision is a plus and a celebration in moving forward to a more healthy you. Even if that moment means that you look back and evaluate by saying "maybe I should have chosen such-and-such instead." It is all moving forward. Self scolding does nothing but make us feel bad about ourselves while wasting time and energy. I only say that because I have been there.

You do not need to start over. It is totally fine to keep plugging on and counting your days as you have been. I bet your body is already giving you really cool clues about what worked and didn't work with whatever you ate and it has become a great learning experience. For me, it was when I let myself have those "other things" that I started learning how my body really feels about gluten and dairy and sugar. Made me appreciate and want my juice for more than just the weight loss.

You are amazing and are doing a great job! 11 days is certainly worth celebrating. :-) You rock!

• Lipstick1967

5 years ago

Hi Yola1966

Congratulations on your journey. I think that Kulihi has given you some excellent advice. I think that we are all on this journey to learn to be kind to ourselves as much as to become healthy. I guess that being "healthy" is a holistic thing ... we need to fuel our body with nutritious foods and we also need to fuel our minds with positive, loving, helpful thoughts. We have all probably spent years beating ourselves up for not being the way we thought that we should be. Letting go of that negative thinking and replacing it with more positive thoughts is definitely the way to go. My husband is my champion in this area. I have always wanted to be "perfect" and he has taught me that the 80/20 rule is the one to live by. If you are doing the right thing 80% of the time then you need to be jumping for joy. OK when you are fasting you want to be juicing 100% of the time but hey ~ its YOUR journey. If you stumble, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on that horse.

I am keeping a journal where I write down what I eat and how I feel every day. This way I can look back and see if there are "triggers" for the days when I don't feel as good as others. Celebrate the fact that you have taken your health and wellbeing into your own hands.

My husband and I have been juicing for almost 5 weeks now. We haven't been "fasting" as such but replacing the majority of our eating (breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea) with juice and eating vegetables at night. He feels like we are doing well but I've been feeling like I haven't really committed to the fasting. Yesterday I told him that I'm planning on fasting for the next 30 days. He said that is great and that he will support me but that he is going to continue on as he is doing. He has much less weight to get rid of than I do so we can do our respective journeys simultaneously and still support each other.

I hope that you have had a really positive day today. You are incredible for even being on the path. One foot after the other and keep loving yourself! There are lots of great people on here that will support you every step of the way

• Chartreuse

5 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I started started my 30 day reboot a few days ago & am now on Day 7. I've done a few juice feasts before, but nothing more than 10 days. The first few days on this feast were the most challenging for me of any I've done previously but I'm through it & feeling good now. :-) I'm being sure to consume enough juice every day.

I'm rebooting because I want to lose extra weight (40 pounds would be amazing), boost my health, cycling performance & prepare for pregnancy. I've just had enough & I'm ready to get down to business.

Eager to share & learn from you all.

Char

• Celia

5 years ago

Hi Char-just wondering how you are doing? Still juicing?

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.