Thyroid Wise

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• lisoosh

1 year ago

Hello all! It is amazing to see so many people with wisdom and experience in juice fasting while having a thyroid condition! I am really interested in starting a Juice Reboot, maybe 15 day or maybe longer. I was curious- is it recommended to add more fat or protein when juice fasting with a thyroid condition? In the Reboot with Joe 60-day thyroid program, during the juice fast portion, how much fats and protein is recommended daily? I am already aware about goitrogens and cruciferous veggies, but wondering if I need to modify the general 15-day Juice Reboot recipes to add more fat or protein to support thyroid health. Or, am I totally off base, and the ordinary Juice Reboot program is in itself good for thyroid health, not needing additional fat or protein?

• Mamadoc

1 year ago

Hi! Brand new to the community as well as to the group. Middle aged mom with Hashimoto's and so many of the other things that come along with that. BMI is borderline obese, though it was normal my whole life until thyroid disease! Must lose weight, feel healthier, more energetic, improve my health for myself and for my family. I have about 5 pounds to lose to be solidly out of the obese category, and about 35 pounds to lose to be out of overweight. To be back where I was at age 30 (not that unrealistic I don't think!) I would have to lose 55 pounds (!!!!!) I'm going to get back into yoga and start the juicing next week. Please wish me luck!

• DazzledandDazzed

2 years ago

Has anyone in here done a 90 day juicing without using the cruciferous produce? And without beets (tried many times, just don't like them).

• BlueEden

3 years ago

I'm going to the store today to load up for juicing reset. My question.... does someone have a list of the veg we hypos should avoid. I have lost mine.

• Cao Krueger

3 years ago

Hi, everyone! Greetings from Brazil!!!

Please forgive my grammatical and ement errors... and thank's God for Google translator... ; )).

I'm new here and decided to do some researsh before starting my 1st 60-day reboot.

I joined this group hoping to receive some support of you, share informations and discoveries.

I watched FSAND 1 and 2 in March/2015 on Netflix and since then started a 3 'till 21 day reboots, 'cause I loved to juice on!

I've been taking medicines for the last 7 years, to control my hypothyroidism, and it goes up and down since the beggining, when I was still pregnant (from 25mcg 'till 125mcg, and now I'm taking 75mcg od Synthroid, for 6 months).

By the end of my journey of 60 days rebooting, I wanna:

- normalize my thyroid

- get rid of medication

- lose 15kg/33lbs

- get cured from arthritis in my left hand thumb

- get cured from bursitis in my righ hip

- be able to incentivate my family and friends to be healthier (many women in my family also have hypothyroidism).

I'll start next Wednesday, June 1st, so, I'll let you know then.

I've done some changes on my diet... for the last 10 days I've eaten lots of juices and vegetables... and today is my 90st day without eating sugar (1rst time in my life!). So far, so good.

Now, for the next 7 days, I' wont eat any kind of meat, flower and processed food.

God bless you all!

• RM

3 years ago

Excellent preparation for a juice only reboot. Yes, do post on the 60 DAYS Commit and Persevere support group and we will be successful at improving our health. I am proud of you.

• Sarah

3 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm new here! I've had hypothyroidism since I was very young and was recently diagnosed with Hashimotos. Has anyone been successful juicing? I'm looking to begin my fast in two weeks.

• seussbaby

3 years ago

Hi Sarah, I have Hashimotos and hypothyroidism as well. I think it depends what you are looking to achieve with juicing - I struggle with my weight and all of the general hashi/hypo things - I've done juice fasts, and incorporate juice into my regular eating habits. I think.. that hashi/hypo causes deficiencies, and incorporating juice helps.. it's just really important to stay away from goitrogens and things that can further impede proper thyroid functioning. Good luck on your fast!

• Michelle

3 years ago

I was told I could never go off thyroid meds. Levothyroxine. Is that true or do you think you can get off someday?

• Marie

3 years ago

It depends, from what I have gathered from my doctors they usually have a good reason to tell you that you will be on them indefinitely. I recently went in to see my doctor for an annual visit and asked if I could stop taking the medication. She asked if I had Hashimoto's,(new doctor) I asked how I would know that? She said you would know, you would have had a significant event, a health event, that would have probably brought you to the hospital. I didn't. No history of exposure to anything like mercury, or radiation to cause my thyroid issues either, and not due to pregnancy so I'd fall more into a genetic reason.

Being overweight (not saying you are) can also throw all your hormones off, so losing weight could have a positive impact on your thyroid and all hormones. People do lose weight and get off of their thyroid medication. People do stop taking thyroid medication but you don't know if you will be one of those people. It depends on your particular thyroid gland. That is why we are encouraged to work closely wit our doctors.

For me I am still going to try, I have been told the same but there is no guarantee if you do A,B, and C your thyroid will start functioning normally. Losing weight, exercising, cutting out raw curciferous vegetables, and processed soy are your best bet to help a sluggish thyroid from what I have found. There are all kind of suggestions out there and it is hard to sift through but your doc will give you the best advice.

Good luck and I hope someday your are medication free. For Juicing don't juice Kale you can replace it with spinach, chard or romaine lettuce. Eat cooked kale but don't juice it raw.

Juice On!

• MissyJula27

2 years ago

you definitely can do it! I have been working on getting of my levothyroxin. I was able to lower my medication from 185mcg daily to 100mcg just by switching to a plant based diet in 6 months. I am starting my first reboot to help get rid of my hypothyroidism and hopefully cure my infertility. I do know it is possible to be cured!

• Darlene

3 years ago

Hi guys, I am new to the group and looking for any information as to what raw vegetables are bad for hypothyroidism?

• BV

3 years ago

Hello group, I had mentioned one month ago that I had stopped my thyroid medication during the juice fast. After the second blood test it turns out it was not a successful experiment; the TSH was too hight (I have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism). I restarted the medication with half the dose I was taking before the juice fast, which I am still continuing (almost three months now). Juice on!

• Michelle

3 years ago

How do you know if your hypo is caused by hasimotos?

• Veg Head

3 years ago

Hi Michelle,

Your doc can run a fasting blood test for the antibodies that detect Hashi's. Everyone actually has these antibodies but the normal range is 0-34.

• jawosika

3 years ago

New here. Getting prepared for my first reboot. Any tips, tricks, suggestions....I will take all I can get. Have had Hashimotos since I was 12. Need to lose weight, gain energy and feel better all around.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.