Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Soose

9 months ago

Morning, Sunshines. :)

Biked only 15.

Launched my husband with his juice and salad; but he's also going to start a salad every day now, after 7 - or 8? - weeks of only eating salad on his heavy gym training days (and you should SEE what this has done for him!). I thought he was starting last week with every day salads but I got it wrong.

My son has been eating ETL salads and vegan stews/soups and is trying a few new recipes; needs to drink more juice imo -- now that he's eating he forgets; but he's old enough to figure that out himself. Our current agreement is that I will siphon off some small 10oz jars of juice -- one for each batch I make. And he helps with making some of the other salads/foods. (Aside from his other chores, like policing my compost bin daily, doing all the trash / recycling / water runs, and maintaining the upstairs of the house where he lives.) But the juice is not always getting drunk unless he's in the kitchen when I'm pouring for myself.

I am going to try this week with daily salads as well as the juice, and one serving of my son's soup or stew if I want. But I really feel I need more time juice only! I have 2 or 3 servings of some green juice left in the fridge. That'll have to do for now.

I have an appointment in a couple of hours; will bike another 15 before I get ready to go.

This week: I also have a watermelon in the wings to juice. Will replace it before they go off sale tomorrow, unless I see another sale coming. I need to do a full fridge cleanout! Make salsa with the tomatoes we aren't going to juice. Figure out how to freeze avocados -- heard you could and they were on sale last week for 39c! And I need to make more salad mix for the next few days -- shredded cabbages, kales, carrots, broc slaws are the basics. We were putting brussels sprouts in there but I'm out of raw.

Be well and juice on! Back to the kitchen.

• RM

9 months ago

Go Soose.... I can just see you on that bike. I like how your family changes it up. I think that is healthy and keeps people motivated. What is the temperature there today? I want to talk to you about the fruit that you are juicing, if you do think that you are insulin resistant. I will do my best to write something up and post it above.

• lisa6

9 months ago

Day one today! Started with ginger, lemon & hot water. Juicer is set to arrive this morning & then I am straight into it. Ready to JUICE

• RM

9 months ago

Lisa, how did Day One go? Do you have any questions for us? I love ginger and lemon in hot water. How many ounces are you drinking a day? Let us know your plan so that we can give you some tips to achieve success.

Image result for day one images

• lisa6

9 months ago
    Thanks RM. went really well. Surprisingly wasn’t hungry. Had already quit caffeine. I am starting day 3 & there has only been some dull headaches but they pass. No questions at this stage, just finished reading Joe’s book!
  • mothleg

9 months ago

juice on

• zeke8828

9 months ago

DanMiller BettyRae

3 years ago

Hey Guys -- I started this journey in early 2011 and in 1-1/2 years I lost 150 pounds and reversed diabetes, heart disease and a whole host of chronic ailments.......and it started with a 3-day reboot! Over the course of the 1-1/2 year, I did 565 days of a modified reboot with food loosely based on Joe's 10-day free reboot plan

MODIFIED REBOOT WITH FOOD

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/wp-content/uploads/20...

Basically, I drank as much green/rainbow veggie juices as I could consume throughout the day, then at night with my family, I would have a plant-based meal like veggie soup or veggie chili, and a big salad and a veggie sandwich. My wife roasted up pans of vegetables, I ate a lot of potatoes and anything fruit or veggie. I stayed away from refined sugars, refined white flour, oily fried things and attempted to cut back on salty-oily or animal based junk foods. That worked so well for me, I have continued on with the lifestyle and have never regained a pound, i don't take any medications, and I am still toning up and keeping fit. I eat over 3000 calories a day but it consists of loads of green/veggie juices, whole grains (brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat pasta), beans-legumes, fresh fruits & vegetables, nuts & seeds (almond milk, sunflower seed and peanut snacks).

A chicken-fried steak has not passed my lips for over 3 years! I really sourced out Rip Esselstyn and the Engine2 documentary and his books to help me get over the protein myth, and I also spent a lot of time looking at guys like Rich Roll, Brendan Brazier, Mac Danzig and other plant-based vegan ultra athletes as my role models. If it works for them, it will work for my 55 year old, non-athletic couch potato 'monday morning' quarterback nature............and it HAS! My wife even says she is starting to see a 3-pack - LOL

Let me know if I can help -- I have soooooooo been there and done that in regard to food addictions, over indulgence and chronic health conditions.

Healthy Regards,

Dan

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/rebooting/dan-miller/...

http://community.rebootwithjoe.com/groups/view/cod...

• zeke8828

9 months ago

Dan does his own thing these days. nope ,haven't touched base in three years. miss him popping in, in a group discussion!! annoying for some but helpful & understanding for me. i mean he would chime in , how cool is that!!

i'd be typing & post & at top of page Dan would say Howdy zeke.( at top of group page)

yeap really!!

for sure all this is not easy but the alternative is not enticing at all!!

Juice ON!!

• RM

9 months ago

Zeke, you look younger than you did 3 years ago. Whatever you are doing, it is working. Juice on Bud!

• Nischal

9 months ago

Very inspiring! 565 days of modified reboot is huge achievement! Thanks for sharing.

• Soose

9 months ago

2 big ginger roots juiced! 10+ ounces of juice pressed out. Enough to last awhile -- except the guys are taking it to a b'day party with some berry puree, stevia, and seltzer water. No matter -- I've got more root if I need it. It's much easier to juice a big root at one time, than to juice little knobs of it on the fly!

• RM

9 months ago

Soose, I often juice a whole pound of ginger root at one time. put 1 to tablespoons in hot water for the best hot beverage ever. It also increases your metabolism. Juice on.

• zeke8828

9 months ago

keep G.R. in a ziplock in the veggie drawer!!

• mothleg

9 months ago

<in a pitch black room> "pop" - a flash bulb catches me having become "other me", and there i am!, undeniable, choking down my sixth piece of pizza........... stepping back and looking at the photo i have to ask- exactly who is that in the picture? - his belly is long past full, and he knows from years of nutrition/weight battles what, when, why and how to eat properly. yet there he is in the photo; in so many, many photos. is knowing when, what, why, and how to eat alone gonna solve this life problem, clearly it's not, as a compound problem, working only half of it won't do. so how do i get at the mechanism that makes me become "other me", self destructive me. if i strip away scorn and disgust and just use curiosity to ask how can i understand that mechanism? i'm a regular slob, not a new age anything................. but when i sit still in a quiet room and focus all my attention on my breathing i can find this mild anxiety in me fairly quickly, it's always there, and when i find it, if i feel it as completely as i possible can, rather than push it away, it seems to vanish for a while. if i just do this one thing over and over with my full attention for a short while i wind up in this strange place. the anxiety plays a significant part in the mechanism that makes me become "other me". i don't understand it well, but i know its related. .............. i'm on day 28 - week 5 starts tomorrow -feeling great, - glad to see you are all busy and happy - i'm following your posts and sending my best vibes

• Soose

9 months ago

There's a direct correlation for me between food cravings and anything bothering me. Given our recent conversations about the appetite hormones, I expect some hormones are being released that don't happen in normies. My sister always lost/loses her appetite when she worries; and went anemic as a teen. (So there were our parents trying to feed her up, all the while trying hard to limit foods for me, which just fueled the fires. Failed at both. Sigh. )

Congrats, Mothleg, on four solid weeks down! Whoo hooo!!

• mothleg

9 months ago

thanks soose! yes bio addiction is a big part, but i can self destruct with so many different things. in fact there's just a few i have not used. whats interesting is when i am extremely calm i react differently to them and reason plays a much bigger part in decision making

• RM

9 months ago

@ ML, gosh i do not know what to say . I am so sorry to hear of the emotional turmoil. Would you say it happens when carbohydrate or sugar cravings happen? Have you been tested for candida? Yeast infections can cause those type of cravings and cause frustrations. Have you thought of having a consultation with IDM Program and Dr. Fung experts. There prices are reasonable and they can make referrals to someone close to where you live. There has to be a solution I just do not know what it is. When was the last time you had blood work done?

• zeke8828

9 months ago

who ever said just eat two pieces of pizza?

i dunno!! at some point we know we cannot do things as in real time & the concept of skinny eludes us . it's a Human thing & Doug Lisle spells it out for us!!

Just juice& juice on,u r not alone mothleg. no pizza for a year after finishing what you have accomplished so far!! Includes us all!!

Juice ON!!

• Tumbleweed

9 months ago

Hi folks! Hope everyone is well! Day 10 today. Been feeling pretty great since I passed the 1st 5, even those weren't all that bad. Today's a bit of a bear, though. My sleep was cut very short last night & my body is craving food for the energy- cortisol most likely. Hopefully I can get a nap later, or at least a good night sleep tonight. I'm still one handed, which is why I haven't written much, but I've been reading your posts & they've been encouraging as always :)

• RM

9 months ago

Tumbleweed, congrats on Day 10. I did not get much sleep last night either. Rest and heal today. What did you do to your hand? Is it broken? Sounds very painful.

• mothleg

9 months ago
    bravo!
  • DiAnn

9 months ago

RM, I just ordered some bone broth from Kettle & Fire. And a few other things for my earthquake supply stash. :)

• RM

9 months ago

DiAnn, let me know how you like their bone broth. When I do not have time to make my own, this is my backup. I drink at least 16 ounces of bone broth everyday. When I am fasting it really helps me stay compliant.

• zeke8828

9 months ago

LOL, RM!! i guess so, ya never know!!

Juice ON!!

• DiAnn

9 months ago

I've never had bone broth. Will report back. :)

• lisa6

9 months ago

Hi Everyone! I am ready to start juicing(as soon as my juicer arrives) & will be ready to contribute to the group. I need to lose about 20kg to help with my snoring & sleep apnea & reboot to help with constant hives to get off antihistamines.

• Soose

9 months ago

Hi, Lisa, welcome! Good motivation -- especially those hives!

If you want to get a headstart before your juicer arrives, I've collected a few ways to juice without a juicer, having done that myself. Don't Have a Juicer Yet? (Others are always welcome to contribute.) In fact, I hand-strain some of my green juices this way currently, as my centrifugal just slings them out.

You could experiment with some flavors and produce, see what fits your taste.

• RM

9 months ago

Welcome Lisa. Juicing is wonderful for skin issues. What juicer did you buy?

• lisa6

9 months ago
    Breville RM
  • Trezzy

9 months ago

Day 5 of juice only & daily exercise -- I'm feeling great! Each day continues to get easier. I'm nervous going into the weekend as this is usually the time I go out to happy hour and enjoy a weekend brunch. I'll try and keep myself busy and not focus on food. I know I can do it!

• Soose

9 months ago

Trezzy, I know you can do it, too! You've made me think. Next time I am faced with a social occasion, I am going to take my ginger juice and berry puree mix, and some stevia packets, and order plain seltzer/soda water. In fact, I just realized my husband and son are going tomorrow to a family b'day party. They can take some of that along and be festive with everyone. It really feels like a treat! :) Thanks for making me think of a plan.

• RM

9 months ago

Go Trezzy Go. Take time for you this weekend.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.