Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Trezzy

9 months ago

Day 10! I really enjoyed my Zumba class yesterday. It was super difficult and I wasn't as coordinated as I should be (lol), but it was an awesome workout! I think I prefer dance fitness over the gym.

I was a bit down in the dumps this morning. I don't know why I give the scale so much power over my emotions. When I weighed myself this morning my heart sank (no weight loss) and I begin questioning myself and if this really is the best plan for me. I know it is and it was a brief moment of doubt. I need to hide my scale and only weigh myself once a week like I did during my last extended fast.

Next week I'll transition to all vegetable juices so I'll have more savory juices to share as I love to experiment. Here is a popular one that everyone has come to love especially when you're craving pizza.

Trezzy's Pizza Juice: Tomato, red bell pepper, green onion, basil, cayenne pepper, dash of salt. You can do different variations with "pizza seasonings" like garlic powder or oregano. Heat on the stove for soup like juice.

• RM

9 months ago

Trezzy, you got this. Trust your body and it will not ket you down. Thanks for posting your famous Trezzy's Pizza Juice. I am having the tonight. put that scale away in the garage.

• Tumbleweed

9 months ago

Yesterday I did a 20:4. Drank all my carrot juice within 4 hours between 12 & 4pm. Today is Day 14 if you don't count my slip with a few bites of cooked potato & saurkraut on day 12. The scale actually moved!!! After a 6 day plateau (actually it was creeping in the wrong direction), 1 day of 20:4 & I dropped .5 lb. That is huge! Maybe the intermittent fasting is my ticket. I'm out of carrot juice, but hubby left me some cucumber basil before he left town, so I'll add some saurkraut juice & tomato juice to that when I'm ready to break this mini WO fast. I'm in my eating window, but I think I'll push it out a couple more hours until I actually feel hungry, as long as my window closes by 5pm. Right now I'm enjoying my lemon/apple cider vinegar water.

• RM

9 months ago

Tumbleweed, I like your 20 hours a day water only fast, with a 4 hour window for eating healthy. Dr. Fung calls that a OMAD = one meal a day. Very successful plan.

Losing 1/2 pound in one day is huge. Those plateaus are challenging. When you juice, do you juice carrots only or carrots with other veggies and greens?

• Tumbleweed

9 months ago

RM- When I'm focused on hitting the tumors hard, I do pure carrot juice. Right now I'm having carrot/lemon/ginger, sometimes with an orange. It tastes so much better to me. BUT, I don't know if anything in the ginger or lemon counteract the tumor fighting capabilities of the carrot, so I don't know if it is as effective. There haven't been enough studies on carrot juice & cancer (& I doubt there will be, cancer is too big a business to cure). But Dr. Kristin Brandt from the UK did some studies on carrot & cancer with some pretty impressive results. They suspect it might be the Falcarinol. Many people follow the 5 cups carrot juice per day to eliminate all detectable cancer. After this fast & a short vacation, I'll be starting up that protocol again, this time seeing it through to the end & not slacking off when the tumors shrink as I did last time.

• Vladimir

9 months ago

15 pounds off in 6 days

- so this thing works, even if it's quite brutal

- I am absolutely not following the recipes in the 15-day guided reboot, just juicing what I feel like

- still minding the 80:20 ratio, though, and have at least one mean green portion

• RM

9 months ago

Welcome Vladamir! Your progress is breathtaking. That is more than 2.5 pounds per day. what are your tips for others.

• Nischal

9 months ago

Day 12 of my reboot. What an amazing feeling. I am doing one day carrot based juice and one day cucumber based juice with greens/apple/mushroom/beans mainly. Time to add a new base. Thinking about using watermelon, Some say its fruit some say its a vegetable? anyone uses watermelon as the base drink.

I had only 50 oz of juice, 90 oz of water and 32oz tender coconut in last two days though.

• Trezzy

9 months ago

Happy Day 12 Nischal! It seems that you are really in your flow. That's great! Are you juicing mushrooms and beans? What kind of beans?

• Nischal

9 months ago

Thanks Trezzy! Yes, I am adding mushrooms occasionally. Beans* I meant green beans. Carrot with little green beans does really form a good combo.

• RM

9 months ago

Awesome Nischal. I have never juiced mushrooms or green beans before. I will give that a try this weekend. Do you get much juice from them?

• Nischal

9 months ago
    [deleted]
  • Tumbleweed

9 months ago

Hi folks, Hope everyone is well!

Last night I ate a few bites of potato & saurkraut. I was really hoping to pull 30 days this time, but was feeling entirely unwell- VERY weak mentally & physically. After 5 days of weakness - along with a 6 day complete weight loss plateau, I decided to stop it short. If the scale was moving, even inch-worming, I might have toughed it out. Last night I decided I was done, today I am back on the juice, but feel I need to step back & re-assess. I need to make some adjustments.

I remember my 1st 4 long JFs, I felt great the entire time, my only struggle was boredom, but my body felt so alive & energized, my mind felt sharp & the weight loss was unbelievable.

These last 3 fasts have been EXHAUSTING. And, the weight loss seems to plateau after the initial week (mostly water weight). For example, last fall I did a 45 day JF & lost only 10lbs, 3 of which I gained back in water once I started eating solids again, so 7lbs lost after 6.5 weeks JF.

Something changed about a year ago that is affecting my JF.

I'm seriously suspecting my insulin. Prior to coming to JF, I was doing regular WO fasts. 5-9 days at the beginning of every month & 2-3 consecutive days every week & ketogenic diet on non-fast days. I was doing it for my tumors (didn't work), but my insulin numbers completely improved. Weight loss was very slow, but steady. I then tried JFing & the weight melted off, probably because my insulin was already nice & low.

Unfortunately, I have been eating more freely this past 1.5 years. Still totally organic & gluten free & dairy free, but enjoying more grains, more honey, & a lot of very late dinners. I've also fallen in love with sandwiches & peanut butter granola! I hadn't had a sandwich in nearly 10 years before this summer & lately I've been having them for lunch every single day. & granola, where had it been all my life! I imagine my insulin has been creeping higher. It's the only thing I can think of that is sabotaging my JF efforts. I mean, extended JFing as a maintenance plan is not an option.

So, if I don't want to completely throw this JF out the window, I think I need to incorporate WO fasts into it. How that will look, I'm unsure. Maybe a 3 day WO followed by 20:4 with the juice or alternate WO with JF days. Either way, I need to get 5 cups carrot juice on most days for my tumors, but narrowing the juicing window down to 4 hours might be what I need to do. & I don't think the tumors will do much growing on wo days.

Thank you RM for all your posts lately. I am not sure I would have put 2 & 2 together otherwise.

• RM

9 months ago

Tumbleweed, I can feel your frustration. I am here for you to help in any way I can. As you know, Dr. Fung believes Water Only fasting or intermittent fasting is the best way to heal insulin resistance. Email me when you have time so we can talk more especially about the tumors. You have already figured out so much already and know your body well. We can do this!

• Trezzy

9 months ago

Tumbleweed, stay encouraged and don't give up hope!

• Tumbleweed

9 months ago

thanks for the support friends! It's really so helpful to know someone's cheering for me!

• Soose

9 months ago

Quote from Leslie: "Great information RM. It is also why juices should be at a 80/20 ratio. 80%veg/20%fruit, and diabetics need to start off with even lower fruit and monitor their blood sugar levels."

Leslie, how much lower?

And what unit of measurement is the 80/20 ratio is built on?

Calories? Volume? Weight? On the juice builder site, their calculator seems to be using grams (weight) if I am seeing and remembering it right.

• RM

9 months ago

Soose, the juice builder recipes you reference are not Reboot with Joe recipes. Correct? All reboot with Joe recipes are nutritionally tested and approved by the Reboot Medical Board of health care professionals. Reboot also has a great program for diabetics.

Joe's book and articles on this site discuss in detail the 80 % or more vegetables, and 20 % or less of fruit. The percentages are based on VOLUME. I use a 4 cup/quart measuring cup and juice 80 % to 90% of that quart as vegetable juice. Then I add the remainder as fruit averaging 10% to 20%. This volume then equals 32 ounces. Simple & Quick.

Trezzy had some excellent savory juice recipes that were 100% vegetable juice and they were delicious. There are also some great reboot with Joe recipes on this site, and in Joe's books that are 100% vegetable juice. Trezzy, when you have time can you share your all vegetable juice recipes?

Soose, you use alot of fruit in your juice especially watermelon. If you think you are insulin resistant, Dr. Fung states that fruit does not help and watermelon is not recommended as it spikes insulin. Fruits, aka fructose, strengthens the insulin resistance and increases fat storage throughout the body. Body fat is caused by excess carbohydrates / sugars you eat, and NOT by the natural healthy fat you eat (avocado, olive oil, coconut oil).

To start burning fat, the body requires prolonged periods of times with low insulin. Every time you eat carbohydrates and proteins, you raise insulin levels. Yes, protein raises insulin levels too. Fats have little to no impact on insulin levels. Hope this information helps.

Wishing you all low insulin levels :)

• zeke8828

9 months ago

Help<i don't want to lose my fingers of legs!!

i need a another break cuz i know nothing about being diabetic or insulin resistant. does that mean insulin isn't getting into the cell? isn't that what diabetic is?or is it Pancrease doesn't function? all sorts of balls bouncing in my gourd.

• KarenWasHere

9 months ago

I will probably need a lot of support. I think I am an emotional eater. I tend to eat one meal a day and then just graze on junk. I have been writing down what I eat and it scares me. I am over weight and have very bad Rheumatoid Arthritis with 27 surgeries to "help". I have to laugh because one round of surgeries ended up losing part of my right foot because the surgeon made a mistake and left the tourniquet on to long. That was one year out of my life that I didnt get over. and 5 surgeries later, I can now walk, with my 220 pounds of too much weight. I have 4 artificial joints, hips and knees and my feet are a mess. You can see where this is probably going to help me if I can figure out the best things to juice with. My BP is perfect, my blood-work is all perfect... I am just 100 pounds over weight, (like that is a simple thing to fix) and have terrible self esteem, no support system at all, and live in the desert of AZ far away from stores to shop but I want this more than any of you so I will succeed. I just need lots of "You can do it's" and advice. I have my juicer, finally... and I am making my shopping list...I need to know the correct place to post things, and the best place to find support?

I want to put the most bang for the buck into my body. I want to see weight loss to make this stick, because without the weight loss it will not feel like I am getting anything for changing my life. So YES, the weight loss is the most important thing to me. Losing it and keeping it lost! The less I weigh, the easier it will be to move around and the better it will be for my joints and body. I have a feeling my self esteem will get better and so YES weight loss is the prize for the work. (I only write this because so many people write I dont care about the weight I just want to be healthy. I am healthy, I am fat! I have been skinny, regular and obese. My heaviest was 260 lbs. Right before i had my foot surgery. Steroids and pain killers and lack of any movement helped me get there....I am 55 years old... My numbers always are perfect and some say then your body is fine, but no 220 lbs and 5.6 ft isnt fine... )

I have my books and my juicer, and am ready to start... I do hope its a wonderful journey! Looking forward to losing 100 pounds of myself in this and changing how I treat the food I choose to put in my body. I am in it until I see a new me! Then I will work to keep ME the best way possible... I deserve it.

~Karen

• RM

9 months ago

WELCOME MS. KAREN IS HERE.... I was very moved by your post and i am so proud of you for taking this journey. To help us help you, can you tell us what your plan looks like for week one and week two? Drinking 64 to 96 ounces of juice per day? Make sure you are also drinking at least 64 ounces of water each day. You can have bone or veggie broth each day too, which is a huge treat for me at night. The first 3 to 5 days are the most difficult, but if you stay strong and get through that you will feel so much better and your hunger will disappear. Recommend you post at least once a day. When things are challenging for me, i post once in the morning to discuss my plan for the day, and I am back each night with a progress report. It helps keep me committed and successful. Karen, look forward to your next post :)

• RM

9 months ago

Lisa6, glad to hear your Day 3 is going well. So smart of you to read Joe Cross's reboot books before or early in your juice fast. Those that do are more successful. Juice on.

• Soose

9 months ago

Pressed the 5lbs carrot/ bunch beets/ largecuke/bunch celery pulp from yesterday. (Had to run out the door).

Yield 75+ oz from pressing; sent 32oz+ with my husband; set aside 10oz+ bottle for my son; and stored a 32oz+ bottle in the fridge for me today. (See how inefficient my old centrifugal is with carrots/beets? Even more so with watermelons.) Also juiced a watermelon rind with cukes. Will go press that now.

I don't like delaying pressing pulp, not juicing and pressing in the same session, because it's my experience that I can't store the pulp oxygen free enough and juice doesn't last as long once I press it, definitely don't want to wait 2 days to press -- that pressed juice then will go bad faster; I assume because the juice in the pulp is still aging even though it's not juiced. But maybe that's what I need to do to cut down the kitchen times for carrot/beets, heavy on fiber and quantity of pulp -- juice the first day and press pulp the next day. As long as we drink the 2nd day immediately that day, then we'll be good.)

---

Running some doc checkups this week and next. Got a call that I'm a "little stiff," nothing exercise and losing even more weight won't fix. Good news, and Motivation! Another test later this week, stress test, which I guess will show evidence of arterial blockage if there is any. (In the U.S., I read even young children show it. Wonderful diet we feed them, isn't it?)

I was a chubby child, overweight teen; gained 30 lbs the first 6 months of marriage! More over adulthood. And very sedentary in particular the last year; sedentary more of my adult life than not, unfortunately. :( I have to MOVE unless I want to lose. I'm headed now and will do my 45 mins.

That's a new slogan I could put on a post-it note on my bike: MOVE TO LOSE [weight, that is]... MOVE OR LOSE IT [ the ability to move]... MOVE, DON'T LOSE. Not sure of the carrot or stick approach. I think just making the exercise enticing works for me. Distractions and pleasant enjoyable reasons to be there, like a youtube or book or social talking ( I like being busy and at least sweep the floor when someone rings me up; talking and biking works well).

Promising myself to stick it out and to bike 45mins this morning.

• Leslie

9 months ago

I would change that slogan to move to win! Win good health, agility, feeling good, being able to play with and watch your grandkids grow up. Maybe, " I'm in it to win it" should be your motivational slogan!

• Soose

9 months ago

Thanks, Leslie. I did feel there was something wrong with the slogan for moving and losing -- it can be read too many negative ways. Gives me something to think about while on the bike.

I guess exercise is off topic for some here but it's GOT to be part of the reboot picture for my 62 year old body. Those younger just wait til you get here. A choice to feel old and decrepit or like there are real possibilities in the future. There are two ways it can go down in the future for me from here on out. And the difference is made daily in choices to move and stretch -- or sit.

• RM

9 months ago

Monday, July 30th, 2018. Day 5 and making great progress. I spent part of Saturday and all of Sunday studying and reading from Dr. Jason Fung's materials and website. Wow, really WOWWW. Just when I think I have it figured out, I learn something amazing from his team of experts and it changes my whole plan. I listened to about 4 hours of lectures that had transcripts and power point slides. Really helpful. Then I got his “THE OBESITY CODE” book from the library, and opened that up to selective chapters. There was a chapter in there on FRUCTOSE, which I have always been confused about. I thought Fructose was good for us because it comes naturally from fruit, but learned all about Fructose, Glucose, and Sucrose and not much of it was good news. But the Chapter that I was so captivated about, I stayed up until 3 am reading, was Chapter 10:INSULIN RESISTANCE, THE MAJOR PLAYER. Oh My! No wonder I have insulin resistance. I am not diabetic or pre-diabetic, but I am definitely insulin resistant and if I had not been changing my diet drastically over the last 2 years believe I would be already classified diabetic today

I highly recommend EVERYONE read this chapter as soon as possible. I wish that I had read this back in 2016, when the book first came out. Please:Run, do not walk, and read this chapter.It will save you a lot of heartache. A quick summary of facts learned are: Insulin resistance leads to higher insulin levels, and high insulin levels cause obesity. Insulin resistance does not develop in all the cells equally. It develops compartmentalized in three main areas: Brain, Liver, and Muscle. Changing the resistance of one does not change the resistance in the others. In the case of insulin resistance it comes down to both meal composition and meal timing. Both components are equally important. Having daily periods of low insulin levels is key. This is why water only fasting is so important, or even intermittent fasting, to get your insulin levels as low as possible for as long as possible. As soon as you eat or drink (even juice) you are raising your insulin levels (especially if you are putting fruits in your juices). Insulin resistance requires persistently high levels of insulin. There are so many great points in this book of 20 chapters, and I have only finished 2 of them. I cannot wait to read and learn more. In the meantime, I continue my water only fast, and understand more now why I am doing it and how much it is healing my body.

For those of you juicing fruit, I highly recommend you cut back as much as possible. I know it is hard to drink just juiced vegetable, but the fruit is raising your insulin levels (especially Watermelon Soose). The only fruit Dr. Fung recommends for his patients is apples, pears, berries, and cherries, and this is with their skins on.

Wishing you all low insulin levels……….

Image result for dr. jason fung fasting images

• Trezzy

9 months ago

RM, you are a godsend! I learn so much from you! I purchased both of Dr. Fung's books (The Complete Guide to Fasting & The Obesity Code) on Amazon and they arrived this weekend. I think I'll jump ahead to the insulin level chapter and read tonight. I didn't purchase as much fruit to juice this week as I did last week so I will definitely be cutting back. I think insulin resistance may correlate into my endometriosis and hormones as well. I'll have to research. Thanks again for sharing! Yay to day 5 of your water fast! You're doing great!

• RM

9 months ago

Trezzy, so glad you got the books. You will not be disappointed. I still have lot to learn but confident I am on the right path. Keep me posted on your progress. I think you are a godsend too. You inspired me to 100 days 2 years ago. Sounds like we make a good team.

• Leslie

9 months ago

Great information RM. It is also why juices should be at a 80/20 ratio. 80%veg/20%fruit, and diabetics need to start off with even lower fruit and monitor their blood sugar levels. It usually takes some time before diabetics can start breaking down the fat stored in their bodies to even allow the sugars in the fruit to be used as fuel due to insulin resistance. And you were saying something about insulin resistance as a cause of endometriosis. Insulin is a hormone after all! I listened to Dr Gregor talk about insulin resistance a few times here is a link to his YouTube video. Dr. Gregor on Insulin resistance

It is hard to believe you are already on day 5! Awesome!

• DiAnn

9 months ago

That's why my juices taste like dirt, at least 90% vegetables. Most of the time I just add an apple.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.