Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Tony_E

2 years ago

Day 23/30 - just a quick check in. It really goes by so quick so press on there. By the way, the strawberry, carrot & broccoli juice is better than I thought!

Preparing my juice yesterday I ate a hunk of pineapple and a strawberry. I've been really good about not doing that, but yesterday I gave in, no biggie. I'm trying to change my mindset - just keep going - it's not about perfection. The way I normally "diet" is quit because I "cheated" - it's time to stop thinking that way for me.

Let's say I wanted to save $10 per week so I could have $520 at the end of the year for a nice weekend trip with my family. But then, on weeks 10 and 11, I mess up and fail to save the $10. So instead of seeing how good it is that I have $90 towards the fun trip, and I need to keep trying towards my goal, instead I'm so discouraged and beat myself up that I don't have $110 that I quit and then blow the $90 on something silly, all the while thinking - "I guess I'll try again next year". So at the end of the year, if I keep trying, maybe I could have $400 - how much better is that than $0! It's tough to find balance, but sometimes perfection is the enemy of greatness.

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Hi Tony...I am with you on this 100% on a diet "perfection" is the biggest enemy. Well said :) I was exactly the same but now I know better. You are an inspiration to me that I will reach 23 days one day too.....

• thecarsfreak

2 years ago

Sunshine and Tony, you both are awesome! As you well know, yesterday was a moment of weakness. The nuts and smoothie, I have to say were amazing... however, I also indulged in a few other things later, and I am pleased to report that my beloved french fries do not even come close to doing it for me anymore. I only had a small handful and they tasted like cardboard! LOL. It's amazing what a week of juicing can do for your tastebuds. Thank you for the encouragement and for reminding me that it isn't about perfection, and not to worry about what others have to say about juicing. I am back on track today, opened with some hot detox tea followed by some coconut water and I am ready to try some new juice recipes, I think i'll go for that strawberry one you posted, Tony! Thanks again, I am so grateful to have y'all here.

• restoredhealth7

2 years ago

Great comparison Tony. Its true, I use to think how I cheated before, but with the juicing I'm not thinking that way. This is a health lifestyle change. Some weeks may be harder than others, but overall, I am changing, getting healthier.

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Hello thecarsfreak...it's great to hear from you today :) I was wondering if you have got yourself back together and I can see you have indeed!!! It's great to be back isn't it?

Don't you worry about those fries and whatever you ate. They are in the past. TODAY is what matters and today is "strawberry juice"!!!

Lets do it together :)

• Blessed

2 years ago

Great analogy Tony!

• Blessed

2 years ago

Tony is that a new pic of you?

• Avery

2 years ago

Thank you for giving me a new perspective Tony!

• Avery

2 years ago

I would love to join this group! I started juicing a couple of weeks ago and then due to unforeseen stress fell off of the wagon. I am ready to really do it this time and could really use your support. Wishing you all a wonderful juicing day!

• Tony_E

2 years ago

Welcome Avery!

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Warm welcome to Sunshine Clubbe Avery...like Tony just mentioned in one of his posts this morning, perfection is the enemy. So get right back on. Lets do it together!!

• Avery

2 years ago

Thank you Tony and Sunshine - I am so ready to do this together!

• Ayla35

2 years ago

Hi Avery :)

• Blessed

2 years ago

Welcome Avery!

• Jesus

2 years ago

Good morning amigos!

Today is my 10th day of juicing. So far I have lost 16.8 pounds. I noticed that the speed of the weight loss I had at the beginning is gone. I can’t complaint because I think I have lost one pound a day for the last three days.

I am exercising now, I went biking yesterday and it was all right.

I am not really hungry now, in fact sometimes I don’t even drink more juice. Yesterday I had blood test in the morning and the results are going to be ready in the afternoon.

Well, that’s all for now. How are you guys doing?

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Hey Jesus...great news. 16.8 lbs is fantastic. However I wouldn't reduce the quantity of juice because I wasn't hungry. Our body needs that fuel to go on. One might slip into starvation mode if enough calories are not consumed. My two cents :)

• Blessed

2 years ago
    [deleted]
  • Blessed

2 years ago

Awesome Jesus!!

• linda

2 years ago

hai pp, tomorrow the first week is over, and I feel fine, the eating problem is better, I think my stomach is shrinking, i hope so, my goal was to hold on for 10 days and I think I will succeed,

this is my last night shift and I worked for 7 days and now i'am 7 days off, wonderful and the weather is getting better so I can go hiking

and i'am glad that I can drink my juice direct from the slow juicer instead that I have to make so many in advance before working

see you later bye bye

• Blessed

2 years ago

You will suceed Linda!!

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Hi Linda...you're doing great :) Keep us posted

• Jesus

2 years ago

Well done Linda! I think the following days are going to be amazing for you.

• kpeller

2 years ago

Hi all. I just started a three day reboot, but I may go for seven days. I am looking to lose about 20 pounds and I am tired of trying diet after diet without success. I decided I needed to change my eating habits, especially the sweets. Even though I have just begun the reboot, I am feeling the effects of my body detoxing...headache, sore throat and fatigue, but my mood is good and my spirits are high. Fingers are crossed that I can stick with this.

• Blessed

2 years ago

You can do it Kpeller!! The side effects of Detoxing sucks but the benefits are amazing! Good ridance to all the trash that has made us fat or sick!

This group is very supportive!

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Exactly the same reason why I am here. I am tired of trying this and that...and wish to get rid of this weight once and for all...I heard juicing not only helps you detox and lose weight, but also helps you break addictions. My addiction is food, period! So this is what will get me out of that, I believe.

Lets do it together!!!

• milesanme

2 years ago

Hope everyone is doing well. I am getting through day two...have a little headache but nothing too major. All of your posts are very encouraging and I can't wait to get as far as you all!

• Blessed

2 years ago

Welcome Milesanme!! Your headache should go away soon!

• Sunshine

2 years ago

You WILL make it milesanme. Go through my profile page (my wall) and you will see what I went through during detox. I had the most severe detox and still saw it through and feel better for it today.

Let's do it together :)

• Jesus

2 years ago

You can make it milesanme. The first days are difficult, but then you body will adapt and you'll feel better.

Greetings

• Blessed

2 years ago

Our weightloss journey & our goal to a healthier life is not always going to go according to schedule. We have to mentally be open to adjustments & mistakes. Failure is not the mistakes it's the quitting. Be encouraged, I believe in each one of you!

• Sunshine

2 years ago

It's the most profound thing I have heard so far...."failure is not the mistakes it's the quitting". Beautifully said Blessed :)

• Ayla35

2 years ago

I agree :-)

• Jesus

2 years ago

Words if wisdom Blessed.

• thecarsfreak

2 years ago

Struggling!! Day 6 and down 11#! I should be happy and motivated with that weight gone but I am still wanting to put everything in my mouth, even though I am not hungry at all! Today I went to the gym (mostly to tan) but there was a cardio kickboxing class starting, and I was feeling very energetic so I jumped in. It was way too much for my body to keep up with and I was disappointed. I spoke with my trainer and she threatened me with the wrath of doom not to mess up my metabolism by not getting enough calories, protein, fiber, etc. She told me a little story of how she was once a marathon runner, and once she stopped, her metabolism was so messed up that she had to put on about 35 lbs and wait 6 months before her metabolism was reset, and she is just now losing the weight. How. Scary. Geez. The whole thing was pretty demoralizing. I came home and broke my fast the healthiest way I could think of, munching on a handful of walnuts while making a smoothie using frozen berries, all my favorite additives like flax, hemp, spirulina, goji berries, chia seeds, dates, and nuts, and instead of filling it with water, I used my fresh juice. I feel like I let myself down for not sticking to juicing, but at the same time I am worried that if I don't switch over to a juice+eating reboot then I may fail even harder. I am not giving up on juicing, but after 5 days of nothing but juice, I am ready to introduce some healthy food into my life again. If I incorporate juice fasting a few days a week and eat very sensibly on the other days, I am hoping I can do this and still have weight loss results. Any ideas? Tips? Thanks everyone :)

• Blessed

2 years ago

Sometimes you have to make adjustments! What works for someone else may not work for you. Your main goal is to get & maintain a healthy lifestyle! Dont be discouraged, keep moving forward !!

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Hi thecarsfreak, I resonate with you completely when you say that you want to put everything in your mouth. Also when you say that you should be happy with the weight loss, but all you can think about is food. I cannot begin to tell you how deeply and desperately I want to have some food right now. And that’s all I can think of, and not about the 10 lbs I lost in just a week. I even wrote to Tony (since he is a veteran rebooter compared to us J) this morning asking how to get over this craving for food. He did respond. Please have a look at his response.

Just my two cents here thecarsfreak. If you do not connect to it, then please ignore (and pardon me). What I normally do when people (like your trainer for instance) says things like that, I immediately ask myself a question. If it were so easy to eat healthy (have fibre / protein etc etc) work out well etc etc and lose oddles of weight (60lbs more to go for me) then why are almost 50% of the population fat? Why are we fat, despite knowing pretty well what causes us to become fat, despite knowing what is healthy eating and what isn’t. There are trainers at every nook and corner, every bend of the streets, at every little and big gym and there are others who are self-proclaimed weight loss gurus. If we have to listen to what everybody has to say, it will boggle our mind. Here we have seen living proof like Joe and many others who have successfully lost weight and kept it off. Their metabolism didn’t get hampered. And honestly if I can lose tons of weight by juicing and then keep it off like they did / do and lose all the diseases with their weight and live a healthy life, I don’t care about metabolism. All I care about is I want to be thin and I want to be healthy from inside. And they have shown the path to that.

If I were you, I wouldn’t feel bad about having a few walnuts and a divine smoothie, and would probably have a nice salad tonight, and would get right back on track with “only juicing” starting tomorrow. But that’s me. What happens to me is that when I am going through a crisis like today, I latch on to anything anyone says that will get me out of my misery and let me grab my food. But this time I am determined to get my weight off once and for all and then eat healthy…work out and keep it off.

My two cents. Hope it helps :)

• Blessed

2 years ago

Thats true Sunshine! When I Reboot I only tell those who can support me bc not everyone agree!

• Ayla35

2 years ago

I think you have to do what feels right for you but I also know that knowledge is power and the more you know about nutrition and your body and how things work the safer you'll feel. I have been learning about nutrition for over the past 5 years now. when my late fiance passed my life turned upside down and I blamed the medical system so I started looking for answers elsewhere. In my journey I learned a lot and made mistakes and learned from them. one of the things I learned is there's a lot of opinions out there and not everyone has the facts. the metabolism is a beautiful thing and it will move up and down according to how you live your life. it does not get stuck in one mode but will adjust to how you're living your life, what size you are and how active you are all play a role. I watched this show about metabolism and it had scientist using these weird machines measuring the body and how outside influences affects the metabolism. It was a really cool show and very enlightening. I will try to find it for you if you're interested. Keep doing what feels right for you but never stop trying to learn and always take what other people say with a grain of salt. stay strong and juice on :-)

• Ayla35

2 years ago

PS: If she was running all the time and consuming more food to maintain that energy output and then all of a sudden stopped and still consumed the same quantity of food then it would seem probable that her weight would go up at no fault to a sluggish metabolism. Sorry I just had to put my 2 cents in.

• Tony_E

2 years ago

Day 22 of 30 - Still flying by- reading Joe's 2nd book and trying to come up with a transition and a long term strategy that will work. Seems like a lot of long term success people are keeping a journal of what they eat each day - I want to have success, but I don't want to be that obsessive. Maybe that's what it takes to keep it off? I'm also tired of fighting the same 40 to 50 pounds over the last 20 years - so If that's what it takes, so be it.

Also, check out these Stages of a Juice Fast member Raqyz posted in my last group. I found this encouraging and helpful.

• Blessed

2 years ago

Hi Tony! Good for you for planning ahead!!

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Hey Tony, when does this craving for food go away. Right now I want to eat anything that I think of, that I can smell, that I see...my hunger is down today, till yesterday I was very hungry. But wanting to eat something is there on my mind all the time.

Also regarding transition and long term strategy I have worked out something for me which I will share. Let me know how it sounds. I plan have a smoothie for bfast, juice for lunch, nuts for afternoon snack, salad without legumes for dinner the first week (yum I am already dreaming, though I have so many days to go...LOL). Then I plan to follow the same routine for weekdays except that I will add legumes to my salad, and on weekends I will have rice and fish and other stuff without thinking too much about it. I am probably not going to have red meat anymore after watching "Vegucated". I was totally shaken. Chicken may be once in a while. I know that I am going to be ok during weekdays, but weekends are my major hang up. Also I like to have a few drinks with my friends & family on weekends. Don't know what to do. Please share your thoughts :)

• Ayla35

2 years ago

Thanks Tony for the article. I really enjoyed it. It would be cool if there was a study out there with images of the blood through out a juice fast.

• Tony_E

2 years ago

Hey Sunshine - for cravings, I started adding in healthy fats around day 10 and I think that really helped. I have 1/2 avacodo with lemon,salt and pepper with my lunch juice, and sometimes at dinner I have a tbsp of coconut oil with my protein shake. Even with those reboot mods, I've still dropped 17.5 lbs in 21 days.

My cravings do seem especially hard when I'm around others that are eating, but other than that, it's been ok - BUT I have cheated by going to bed early 4 or 5 times when my cravings were coming on!

To your plan, I think that sounds great - weekends are tough for me too. On a Friday night I want to order pizza, etc. It's a long standing habit to "celebrate" the weekends.

I am looking at something similar - A veggie omlet or oatmeal for breakfast, juice for lunch, and then at dinner I want to prepare a meal with my family but try to find healthier ways to make the food I really crave. Like make our own veggie pizza - or pasta using veggie noodles? I'm still working this out - I do beleive that treating yourself with something fun is a healthy part of a long term plan - so drinks with friends once or twice a month seems sensible.

• Ayla35

2 years ago

Hi Sunshine :) If you read the article that Tony posted there is some information in it that might explain why you're still craving food. It talks about the phases that the body moves throughout. Maybe there's some things that you can do to help move it into that phase faster.

• linda

2 years ago

i liked the artikel makes me to hold on to feel what he is writhing about

• linda

2 years ago

hai everybody i'am at work now and i'am doing fine, no eating problems this time, i hope that its over now. and I lost another pond, so I lost 2,5 kg super.

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Super Linda!!! Keep it up!

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.