Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Tony_E

2 years ago

Here are two great articles on weight loss plateau - if you are not in one, you will be! I'm in my 2nd plateau now day 32 - time to push through!

7-ways-to-break-through-a-weight-loss-plateau

breaking-through-a-weight-loss-plateau

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Hi Tony, I wonder if I am on a weight loss plateau because I gained a pound yesterday. And I have done all of that what's mentioned in the link. This morning I forgot to weigh myself before drinking my lemon water. So I will tomorrow. But I don't think my scale is moving. At least not in the right direction :(

• Yeager

2 years ago

Yeah, I hit one around there as well. Now it seems my body is making up for it. I seem to be losing 2 lbs a day for the last 3 days. It is like my body suddenly realized that I was serious and got with it. Regardless, I know there will be more plateaus as my body adjusts to the weight loss. It is what it is.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Sarah

2 years ago

Thanks for the link Tony. I am doing all of the points mentioned. I guess I just have to exercise more patience :-)

• Tony_E

2 years ago

I've experienced what Yeager did - I lost 0 lbs from day 15 to 22 - then another 5 lbs from 23 to 30. It seems to not be linear, but eventually, we win!

• Elias Fenn

2 years ago

Tony, thanks for the articles. I especially need to remember to get enough sleep.

• frank

2 years ago

Thank u Tony!!!

Now I'm ready!

• Jennifer

2 years ago

Thanks for the articles Tony! I try to think of plateaus as my bodies way of taking another deep breath before plunging into another weight loss. We all have to take breathers sometimes ;-)

• Tony_E

2 years ago

Sunshine, one thing that is helpful to me: I think of the BEST I had ever done in all my attempts to lose weight. The best I had ever done on every diet I've tried (tons of them) was around 8 pounds in two weeks with tons of cardio. Sometimes that early success - like losing 10 pounds in 10 days, can spoil us. Losing 10 or 12 pounds in a month is an amazing feat -time is on our side.

As an aside, I have noticed when I walk hills in our neighborhood, when I start huffing and puffing just a bit, that has seemed to help push through a plateau too. I'm not talking about crazy out of breath, but just to where you are really feeling it.

• Sunshine

2 years ago

You're right Tony...that's what I am going to do...add in a walk...that's the only thing I haven't done in the list.

About losing pounds...I am only expecting some result...any result...not 10-12lbs but something. And definitely not gaining. I have lost 1 pound from day 8 till today day 18 (10 days) and gained half pound...hows that....LOL

• Ayla35

2 years ago

Thanks Tony for the articles. I really enjoyed reading them and found the information valuable :)

• Southern Blues

2 years ago

Day 17. Wow! Time has flown by! Only 4 days left! Dropped another half a pound since yesterday. 8.5 pounds lost on reboot and 12.5 total. I'd love to lose an even 15 before vacay, but that's just being greedy.

I feel great, I even had some of my hubby's popcorn last night (not the yucky microwave stuff, I make it on the stove in a pan). Just a couple of handfuls, and felt zero guilt. I've got to start adding food into my diet eventually!

But the best part of this Reboot is my asthma. I've gone from taking a steroidal med twice a day, AND having to use my rescue inhaler from 2-4 times a day, to not using any of it. Unbelievable! Apparently, whatever triggers my asthma is food related, and figuring it out is a little scary. I kinda just want to stay on juice! Ha! Happy Thursday Sunshine Clubbe!

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Oh...day 17 does feel like heaven....LOL...I am on day 18 and I still wonder how I got here...that too with no weight loss for 9 days now!! Infact I gained a pound. Keep up the good work even during your holidays...:)

• Tony_E

2 years ago

Great on the asthma- wow.

• Elias Fenn

2 years ago

Thank you for sharing your success! Congratulations on day 17 and it's wonderful to hear your asthma has cleared up in just a couple weeks of juicing. What a testimony.

• frank

2 years ago

all the best wishes for day 17!!! I would be glad to be gone so far!!!!!

• JustAnotherJuicer

2 years ago

Lol Blues you dork! I'll send you a link later to another juice documentary you're going to love.

• beckifahs

2 years ago

Morning friends! I havent really posted in the last two days bc it has been uber busy- work has beenong and draing ( but fun!) and i have had obligations each evening. Howevdr, i have juiced my way thru them all! 5-6 juices each day. And i feel really good. Clear headed, no headache, energetic. So glad i found the courage to do juicing. All of the posts each of you put here are so helpful for me. Thank you all for your translarency in sharing whats going on. Oh! Day 5 and i have dropped 8 lbs! Woohoo

• Sunshine

2 years ago

You're going great Becki...wonderful!!

• Sarah

2 years ago

Way to go becki! so happy for you :D

• Elias Fenn

2 years ago

Hey Becki, great job on getting to day 5.

• Magnus

2 years ago

Hi all! Signing in to say I'm doing good on day 3. I'm in a good space both mentally and physically. Some emotions are starting to come out, as they haven't got the food to hide behind anymore and that is more than welcome;) As for the scales going the wrong direction. Are you using tape measures to see how your doing loosing inches also? I find it very reassuring to do so as the weight can change dramtically during the reboots. Might be that you are producing muscle that weighs more than fat. Or that you have some water retention from drinking a lot of water. I'm by no means an expert, but there can be a myriad of reasons as to why the weight changes. I know from experience how discouraging it can be to see the scale go the wrong way, so I find the best thing is to weigh in once a week and also do a tape measurement once a week. I choose one fixed day and stick with that. It also generates a bit of excitement;)

Well, looking forward to continue this journey with you all. Going to do some meditation followed by 10 minutes on my rebounder;) All the best!

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Magnus...first of all warm welcome to Sunshine Clubbe. So happy you found us. My detox was very bad...both physically and emotionally...so just hang in there for another couple of days and then you will find you are on the freeway..........

• Elias Fenn

2 years ago

Hey Magnus - glad to hear you are doing well and that you are already on day 3. And, for me also, food and emotions have come in tandem. Good reminder to stay balanced.

• Sarah

2 years ago

o_O

JUST Woke up and weighed in! past four days have been slightly funny. I lost a pound, I gained it back the next day, then I lost it yesterday and AGAIN Its with me today (that same 1 lb) playing tricks on me !!. Do I need to increase my juice intake or is it due to the irregularity of my cycles o_O what do I do?

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Sarah...same issue here. No weight loss for 9th day today...infact gained a pound. But I'm not giving up. I feel too good otherwise to give this up. Will go on some more....

• Tony_E

2 years ago

Sarah and Sunshine hang in there! I love what you said about feeling too good. I posted two articles above about plateaus - have a great day!

• Yeager

2 years ago

Up your water intake. It appears you are not drinking enough water. The 64 oz is a good starting point, but I had to go to 100 oz in addition to the juice. It works for me.

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Thank Yeager...I am drinking 4 16oz glasses of juice...plus 2 cups green tea...plus coconut water...plus 2.5 litres water...if I drink any more liquid I feel I am going to burst...ha ha ha...do you think I really need to up my water? Please advice.

• Sarah

2 years ago

Yeager, I have been drinking around 100 oz daily apart from Juice. :(

• Elias Fenn

2 years ago

Hi Sarah, the up and down of the scale can drive us mad. :) I'm attempting to only weigh-in once a week. I really don't want to deal with the excitement or disappointment on a daily basis. Once a week will be enough. Also, I am coming to really believe that if I stay with this juicing/eating plan for 30 days (maybe longer) then I will absolutely see amazing results.

• frank

2 years ago

Here with me at work, there is a total ignorance when I talk about vegan diet or juice fasting.

• Sunshine

2 years ago

I hear you Frank...and when I tell them I am on a juice fast....they are like...we don't want to relate to anyone who does a "juice fast" of all things....LOL

• Tony_E

2 years ago

Over time, you won't need any words.

• Elias Fenn

2 years ago

Frank, you are a braver man than me! For now, I don't see wanting to tell many people I am juicing unless they drag it out of me. :) I feel like I am still too new at this to field all the inevitable questions and disbelief.

• Zootal

2 years ago

I've gone 3 or 4 days without loosing any weight. The next morning I find I dropped 3-4 pounds, seemingly overweight. I've also discovered my scale is not very accurate. I'll weigh myself, then pick up a two pound weight, weigh myself with weight in hand, and it gives the exact same weight. Phht....I need a better scale. I wonder how much grief has been caused by cheap scales that don't give us an accurate weight?

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Mine is brand new weight watchers scale....its moving in the wrong direction though...

• Sarah

2 years ago

Hi Zootal :) Congrats on the weight loss and OH! the tricky nature of inaccurate scales!

• Tony_E

2 years ago

I have a new scale too, but what's funny is when i move it (maybe the floor is not level?) I can get a different weight - but I did drill a new hole in my belt yesterday - so I'm trying, in theory, not to worry about the scale so much, but you know how it is.

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Update day 17: What can I say? You all know I lost only a pound whole of last week. Then I lost 1 pound by Tuesday? Well half a pound is back. Yes I am moving in the wrong direction....UP!! Not excited about that. Wonder what's with my body when everyone else is rapidly shedding pounds. But I'm sticking on...because I don't know any better. I don't know what else I could do other than juicing....so here goes my UPdate.................LOL

• hedds

2 years ago

Morning Sunshine, this may sound daft but are you drinking enough juice?

I found I did not lose anything unless I drank at least 5' juices per day .

Well done for persevering, I don't think I could continue without seeing the results on the scales.

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Hi hedds...yes I was told that I must drink at least 4 16oz glasses...which is what I am doing...plus coconut water...plus 2 green teas...plus 2 glasses lemon water...plus 2.5 liters of plain water!!! Whoa...I am tired just writing all this...I wonder how I am drinking it....LOL

• Blessed

2 years ago

Hi All!! I'm reading Joe's latest book Reboot with Joe Fully Charged and its a great read!! I'd like to share an excerpt with you all! " I think the biggest mistakes we make with food is to use it as a moral compass. What I mean by that is how we give moral power to food, calling it good or bad and turning each meal selection into a moral judgement. what usually follows is self-recrimmination for eating "bad" food, telling ourselves we're "bad" people. Lets get this straight: there is no such thing as good or bad food. Do you think that pizza is a bad food? Tell that to someone who is actually starving. To them , a slice of pizza is a slice of heaven. To someone with a health-threathning weight problem, however, a slice of pizza reresents something very different. Most people I've met look at food as either black or white: either good for you or bad for you. The problem is that when eat "bad" food, what you then say to yourself is: " Because this is bad for me and I'm doing it anyway, I must be bad." As someone who has been there and done that, I know that this is not good for your spirit, your soul, or for the positivity we need to maintain a good relationship with ourselves. The next thing you know, you start to punish yourself for being bad, and it starts a downward spiral. Right here is where you change your relationship with food. Instead of beating yourself up for having a sweet or salty snack, give yourself a break. Make it a time to say" That was fun, that was great but I cant do that everyday." Then if you want another one of those days , you can earn it. You can say," Im going to try to focus on getting lots of nutrient rich foods for the next 5 days and really enjoy it." I think this is a much better way of thinking instead of scolding ourselves. I still hear that voice:" You're a loser for eating all of that. Tomorrow you get only water." Instead of punishing ourselves we need to focus on how to get things back in balance.

• linda

2 years ago

Blessed you are absolutely right

• Southern Blues

2 years ago

Amen, Blessed!

• LakedistrictLoon

2 years ago

Thanks Blessed, just what I needed after a 10 min forage in the fridge last night! Yes it was fun & great but I can't do that every day! How right Joe is! I was feeling so good cause I'd got to Day7, lost 6.3kgs!!! , my trousers of truth had slipped over me big butt easy-peasy then ..... I just ate some food!!! Good,oops! see I just did it!!!Ahhh! delicious deli stuff my daughter had got herself...cue much grovelling apologies to her!!! Once again I reach out and you Sunnshine guys are there, blessings. Keeping strong today, M.E. been on top yesterday and today which means sleep doesn't recharge batteries and whole body aches with a few acute joint pains....hoping Reboot will help with all that. Juice on!

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Hi Lake...forget that you just did that (eat that is) and move on...don't even think about it. Pretend like it never happened and move on with full time juicing...LOL

• Tony_E

2 years ago

Blessed - very encouraging - thanks for posting that.

• Elias Fenn

2 years ago

Blessed, thank you for the great reminder that need to treat ourselves with kindness and patience.

• Polly

2 years ago

I have also bought the book and like the part about 'pizza happens', by which he means that we don't have to be perfect all the time. It's important to get back on track so that overall our lifestyle is healthy. It seems we want to fit into a category and any transgression exposes us to being bannished, for example if a vegan eats a cheeseburger, people (whoever they are) will say he is not really a vegan. Perhaps it's unsettlling to risk our identity (as we see ourselves) if we slip-up. I've heard that some people define themselves as 'mostly vegetarian' or whatever, which allows for a little flexibility.

• Blessed

2 years ago

Yes Polly!! Keep moving forwsrd Lake!!

• hedds

2 years ago

Hello all, I need some advice, I am going away to stay with family from tomorrow as we have a family funeral on Friday. I am taking my juicer but tomorrow night we are all going to the local Chinese restaurant for an evening of food an celebration of a life well lived. I rang ahead and the restaurant will not let me take my juice. What should I do? I will be on day 8 tomorrow and don't want to ruin the good work so far. Please help!

• Elias Fenn

2 years ago

That's pretty lame the restaurant won't let you bring in your juice. Whatever. If it were me I would time it so I could drink my juice just before going into the restaurant. Then enjoy tea while others eat. Of course people may ask you why you are not eating. So, you'll have that to deal with. Personally, it's hard for me to not eat while others are. It's like I feel obligated to eat.

• Livingbliss

2 years ago

Wow I can't believe the restaurant won't accommodate you on a special diet! Unless they have fresh juice on the menu, that is not only impolite but bad business!

I've had a few special occasions like that and I make sure to drink a really filling juice just before and I usually take a special, though not so filling juice along with me. My fav's are sweet potato, celery, pear and a splash of orange juice with sprinkle of cinnamon (filling one)... and watermelon, cucumber, mint for sipping on mid event.

I would call back and ask to talk to the manager, explain the number in the party and your situation. I bet they will honor your request to bring a discrete juice - it's not like you're asking to bring some aromatic Italian food!

Good luck!

• JustAnotherJuicer

2 years ago

Easy solution Hedd: Molotov cocktail the business! NOT! What I would do is make your juice ahead of time, put it in a sports bottle with a top, and drink it in the parking lot before you go inside. I know sitting with everyone while you have a glass of juice is nice. But don't let the lame policies ruin your outing. Where there's a will there's a way. -JAJ

• linda

2 years ago

what you should do is, bring your juice to the restaurant and drink it wen no body of the staff is watching, and wen they see it they will not throw you outside, and otherwise you make a big stampee, go for it, it is ridiculous

good luck

• KerryLyn

2 years ago

If they really won't let you bring your juice, could they make you a virgin Bloody Mary? I have done that when desperate! Drink hot tea and you will be fine. Drink your own juice on the way there. I made it through a 2- hour lunch with others eating garlic bread, gumbo and seafood. It isn't easy, but you can do it!

• hedds

2 years ago

Thanks everyone for your help, it's given me a great boost. I will ring the restaurant again, and drink my juice just before we go in if they won't change their minds.

Thanks again everyone!

I'll let you know how o get on.

• LakedistrictLoon

2 years ago

Hi Hedd, lots of good ideas in other comments. I have almost no social life as been ill for so long but have wondered how to deal now Rebooting....eating out being one of my great joys...in past when I have been out socially and too ill to eat much , I have noticed that the time zooms past just paying attention to others ,bit like when I was younger and didn't drink because of glandular fever/ mono , it is a chance to really connect and most people are more than happy to talk about themselves.It also saves a lot of money! Juice on! Lake

• Tony_E

2 years ago

Hedds, I would bring in the juice and tell them it's my medication to get healthy.

• Polly

2 years ago

I'm sorry for your loss. When 'eating out' with others I've ordered tomato juice, or hot decaf tea, or a light broth based soup (such as miso, eggflower, etc). In my experience, restaurants don't mind that one person in a group is not eating (I keep my health requirements to myself - none of their business), but it's the idea of bringing in your own that seems to make them squirm. So, have your juice first so you are not starving and then sit with a drink while the others eat enough to make up for your abstainance. Good luck. And well done for making it so far.

• hedds

2 years ago

thanks again for all the adv

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.