Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Squirrel67

4 months ago

i’m going to be starting my reboot tomorrow morning and I’m excited as well as scared. I’m afraid I’m going to get too hungry and eat food while trying to do the reboot. So this is the first time I’ve ever joined a group to help me find encouragement, support, while also encouraging others. I don’t want this to be another “diet”, rather a new life style. It’s great to be doing this along with others!

• Freddie

4 months ago

Good the see the SC is still surviving :)

Hope you are all doing well.

• Soose

4 months ago

Welcome back, Elias and Nischal. :)

Elias, you're a long time rebooter. Have you managed to sustain the lifestyle?

Nischal, I'm not much for exercise (or haven't been in my life) but that HAS to change to maintain health as I age. I'm more interested in flexibility than burning calories. I just found some light Workouts here on RebootWithJoe just in the last day or two. They are actually pretty cool and look easy. Have you seen them? Maybe that would be enough to get someone off a plateau.

To both of you, have you seen positive changes from rebooting? I would say, to all of us, whether our reboot includes solids or juice only currently,

DON'T STOP UNTIL THE MIRACLE HAPPENS!

• Nischal

4 months ago

Thanks Soose. Good to hear from you!

Exercise, well it makes two of us :). But I'm sure to change that part of me. Thanks for the workout links on this website. I will inculcate them soon. More than working out in mornings or on schedule, I will try to work out at my own convenient time before food. In between work, evening etc.

There is no doubt in the positive changes brought out by rebooting. I am able to fit into pants which I wore three years back. 30 more days, I will be a teenager :D. I have lost 23 pounds in 23 days, most of it in the first two weeks though. I have torevamp my wardrobe :D. Hair is shiny but has lost little density.

I am able to do activities without panting which I was not able to do a month ago.

PS. had a cheat day after 23 days of juice only reboot. Tried a Caesar's salad without cheese/mayo. It has kind of revitalized me for next 20 days if not for 30 odd days more before I reach my target.

Have a wonderful day!

Cheers,

N.

• Nischal

4 months ago

Day 23 of juice reboot. Looks like the weight loss has plateaued out. Maybe I have to start exercising.

Somehow I am tempted to have 3 good meals in 60 day reboot instead of juice only reboot. Should I go for it?

• Vladimir

4 months ago

Wow, 23 days!

R.E.S.P.E.C.T. !!!

• Green sonja

4 months ago

You have done so amazingly! The body is a complicated thing - almost all rebooters have the plateau experience and then the weigh tloss kicks back in. Good luck!

• Elias Fenn

4 months ago

Hi - anyone around to chat? Hope all is well. I'm not juicing right now, but I am following a good food plan.

• Robin

4 months ago

Hi Elias! So good to see you! How are you doing up there with the fires? Glad that you’re following a good food plan.

• Elias Fenn

4 months ago

Hi Robin, fun to see you here! Yes, things are going well. Just talked with RM and Freddie. Feeling positive!

• Vladimir

4 months ago

Finally, after 14 days of cooking meat each day for my Husky, I wasn't experiencing mental breakdown!!!

14 days!! That's how long it took my brain to come p eace with the fact it's not getting a piece of that meat.

Not that it didn't smell great, but I was spared the temporal insanity that was a part of the ritual to cut it to small pieces, while hungry and salivating much more than her!!!

Any other numbers from other people?How long it took you to prepare the meat without billions of synapses in your brain, all marching crescendo up the cravings hill :-)

This was always the riskiest. thing for me. Each day I wasn't sure if I can resist that freshly cooked, juicy, phenomenally smelling chicken. Right.In.My.Face. Each piece, while on the fork , was seducing me:

"Come On! You're not hungry?!? Just one bite. You know you want me and I am right here. She doesn't have to know, you know, just cook one more piece for her :-))))"

• Soose

4 months ago

I've given up various foods - a lot of unhealthy foods -- in my time. Took me ... 1.5 YEARS as I remember it to get over the addictive thoughts that it would be worth it, no one would know, you'll get away with it (Note the second person; I think that voice comes from the addict within, or as Mothleg here calls it, "other you." )... etc...

I was so used to the thoughts, I remember one day being shocked at a new thought, "It's NOT worth it." Just let the thoughts pass on thru, observe them, and let them go. You don't have to act on them. It's just the body trying to find its comfort zone even if that zone is a place headed to illness and death. That's my take on that.

Took me 6 weeks to get used to my hot tea (I was a real hot tea drinker) without the sweeteners and cream. My taste just had to adjust. Came to prefer it without. Tea. Earl Grey. Hot. :)

• Vladimir

4 months ago

Soose: Metabolism slowdown is a huge worry of mine. I am very much worried that flipping back to regular eating will shock the body and it will try to store everything you eat for later!!!

I will try a gradual 5-7 day transition, where I start with one meal a day (meat and lots of veggies), plus 2-3 juices. Should be easier than now, as I will have full stomach for few hours each day. Then, I replace one j uice with salad for few days and only then reintroduce bread/oatmeal for breakfast.

What do you think of that plan?

• Soose

4 months ago

Vladimir, I am anything but an expert on fasting and transitioning. Hang around and some others here might have ideas. Meanwhile, googling gives clues to Joe's reboot team's take on it:

How To Transition In & Out of a Juice Cleanse | Reboot With Joe

https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/how-to-transition-in... If you're considering a juice cleanse, use these tips to transition in and out of your cleanse to maximize results and set yourself up for a lifetime of health.

After The Reboot: Transitioning to a Healthy, Plant ... - Reboot With Joe

https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/after-the-reboot-nex... Let’s discuss how you can gently and gradually transition to digesting more complex foods, while continuing to include fresh juice in your everyday diet. ... If you were drinking juice and eating vegetable/fruit based meals during your Reboot, start with expanding your soups ...

Is It Time to Transition Out of Your Reboot? | Reboot With Joe

https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/is-it-time-to-transi... Once you get past the initial first few days of your Reboot, when you may feel sluggish or tired, and transition into feeling energetic and amazing, you want to ...

Transition | Reboot With Joe

https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/tag/transition/

Let's discuss how you can gently and gradually transition to digesting more complex foods, while continuing to include fresh juice in your everyday diet.

Transition Out of Rebooting | Reboot With Joe

https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/is-it-time-to-transition.../transition-out-of-rebooting/ Reboot With JoeBlogAsk the NutritionistIs It Time to Transition Out of Your Reboot?Transition Out of Rebooting. Transition Out of Rebooting. By: Jamie Webber.
  • Soose

4 months ago

Really enjoyed lunch; will have plenty of juice for Supper. Now it's back to the garage. We started last Saturday sorting out the shelves for the chemicals. (Paint, insecticides, oils, waxes, windshield wiper fluid, etc.. I've gotten exposed to something over the Summer and we've been trying to figure it out. Thinking it's something my husband bought for a persistent yellow jacket problem. But I'm better now. )

Anyway, we've got all that stuff sorted but are transferring the paint to better containers for storage, and then have to stow the paint back on shelves. Meanwhile, we sidetracked into sorting the shelves of auto and mower parts in the same area. Feels good to make a real difference and make everything more accessible for use!

All this to say, this morning I started from scratch and juiced the 5lb carrots with 2 bunches celery and one huge cuke. Juicing can be a lot of work for some of us, especially if you have to clean everything first (instead of in two stages). And most of the time I know it's a good investment and spend my thinking time trying to figure out faster ways of getting it done. But sometimes I get to wondering if I can keep it up...

BUT I now have a new metric:

IMO Juicing 5 quarts of juice ~~ is easier than cleaning the garage in the heat! Just saying! There are many things more difficult than juicing!

• Vladimir

4 months ago

Just got back from a week long 5,000 miles roundtrip. I figured a way how to drive 2,000 miles in 48 hours, yet with legal speeds....

Spent 6 days watching thousands of food billboards while drinking 1-3 days old juice stored in a cooler.Very painful...

But, 30 pounds off after 13 days of juicing, so as much as it sucks, it sure works :-)

It's awesome being at home and drinking fresh juice! It's mindboggling how disgusting the juice becomes on day three...

I was really brave (read: stupid) yesterday and today. I entered Subway and McDonald's , ordered the meat for my Husky, but somehow resisted the incredible smells, after all the billboard commercials :-) That girl has no shame, she's stuffing her face with fresh chicken meat while I drink stinking 3-day juice :-)))))))

I wonder if I can make it till day 20....

I just kept weighing myself tonight at home, as this diet is so crazy! 30 pounds down in less than 2 weeks. Hard to wrap my head around this. For sure more than I realistically expected...

It probably helped that I only drank 32-48 oz of juice per day while driving (small cold storage) and was simply starving the whole week...

• Soose

4 months ago

Welcome home, Vladimir. What a trip! You must have been starving!

Feeling it now, lighter, more agile?

How about a photo of your Husky Girl? :)

• Vladimir

4 months ago

Hi, Soose. Thanks, though not yet sure about more agile. My Honey is keeping me plenty agile already. Between 1.5 - 2.5 hrs of walks each day, she demands a fast&furious playtime after a nap. She takes quite a few of those :)

I'm still as dizzy as I was since day one - standing up from bed requires 10 seconds till earth stops spinning. Picking stuff up from floor is a recipe for disaster. I literally don't see for few seconds...

I haven't exercised after day 3, as I am utterly exhausted without meat protein. But, after 13 days, I am getting used to being a vegetable. Thank god I am doing this fulltime.

But, last 3 days I fo rgot to take my blood pressure pill, yet had zero symptoms, so as expected, blood pressure is normalizing.

Can you upload a pic via forum? Or it has to be hosted somewhere? I'm warning you, though - she is dangerously cute at 18 months :)

• Soose

4 months ago

Vladimir, on my screen in the box where you type your post, do you see the B and I for bold and italics -- on the little grayed out bar right above it? There's also next a picture frame, a video symbol, and then a way to insert links. Use the picture frame to upload a photo from your computer. Sometimes the site will let me cut and paste a photo but sometimes nothing will work. And sometimes, it sets a flag to say I've exceeded 10K and after that, all posts are off until I log off and back on. It doesn't reset when I remove the photo.

• Soose

4 months ago

Vladimir, with the proviso that we get incomplete info on a forum like this...

Sounds almost like you're on a water only fast, only you're not getting to the point where the weakness goes away (when the switch happens with the liver or whatever it is).

Have you tried drinking a LOT of juice in a day or for several days to see if the weakness goes away? Joe's recommended juice is 4 to 6 that area 16 to 20 oz per day. That's a half to whole US gallon per day.

I'd not want to drive on a trip while weak from fasting -- you must have a lot more stamina than I do.

Also, Joe is clear that a reboot can include solid foods if they're good and healthy. I think the rule is anything you'd juice?

FWIW. All of our bodies are different.

• Vladimir

4 months ago

I wouldn't call it a wateronly, although it is definitely a cross between that and juice only. Probably much closer to wateronly :)

I fhink I only had one day of 4-5 juices, the rest is 1-3, averaging 2 juices per day, each being 24 oz.About 0.65 liter each.

From what I read here, I gather the constant hunger would disappear if I drank a gallon a day.

But, 30 pounds in less than two weeks? Hell, I will gladly suffer some more, till I hit plateu :-)

As for the stamina, I am a winter hiker who hopes to upgrade to full-blown winter mountaneering this winter. I can hike 16-18 hours up snowy mountain in a day. But, last time I was doing that I was 310 pounds, and now am 265.

I reckon the body will notice the 45 pound difference, though i lost 15 pounds in mean time to 295 before juicing.

• Vladimir

4 months ago

I just realized that the 6 days spent in a car (no motels, just taking naps in car), driving 18-20 hours a day, while drinking stinking disgusting 2-3 days old juice, have actually made me appreciate the fresh, foamy and great tasting juice much more.

Thus, I reckon, I should be able to push for one more week and target 20 days. What if I could get to the 250 range? It doesn't sound so insane now, as it did two weeks ago when i was almost 300...

• Soose

4 months ago

Vladimir, awesome at the mountaineering. Whew.

There are others here who have been really studying the fasting info. They seem to be taking a break from the list right at the moment. There's a Dr. Fung - have you looked into him? Wrote a book on fasting or maybe more than one. People have been really reading his stuff and adjusting a lot of their previous ideas.

Maybe you could look into intermittent fasting which can be a way of life and sustain your metabolism -- don't want your metabolism shutting down or whatever they call it. The most I was on water fasting was 9 days; it did wonders for me and at that time I lost 24 lbs in 18 days (refeeding by then), rebooted my immune system and fixed my metabolism. The doc said we could have gone a lot longer. We were very weak the entire time and I would not have tried driving a distance. (And I did regain the weight on the scale initially as I started eating again but I did not increase in size any and then that regained weight dropped back off quickly and I continued to lose as long as I stayed with a good food Vegan way of eating.)

I think the juicing is a way of providing the body with a flood of nutrients without cutting the digestive system back on, without stopping the detox and rebooting going on in the body. For me, it's not all about weight loss. The body has to have those nutrients and phytonutrients for cell repair and optimum operation. And it's going to be detoxing and I don't want that stuff staying in my body so my goal is to keep my digestive system moving.

I do plan to look into the intermittent fasting and I think that's why my husband's reboot has worked so well for him this time. Inadvertently, he hit upon the salads on gym days and juice only in between. He does drink the recommended amount of juice, skipping only when he has a salad. So he'll have a day and a half or two or sometimes 4 days between salads on juice only. I didn't realize it until listening to some of the people here that he was intermittent fasting. It's fixed his metabo slowdown big time.

• KarenWasHere

4 months ago
    [deleted]
  • KarenWasHere

4 months ago

@Vladimir

AMAZING! I am watching your post and they are making me want to do this more and more. Thanks for posting your story and being awesome! If you have done nothing else today, you have inspired me! I thank you for that.

PS. I drove from AZ to Georgia one time without stopping except for gas and to do the bathroom breaks. It was interesting. I learned one thing. Texas is too big! :-)

• Vladimir

4 months ago

Karen: I am very glad my reboot progress is inspirational to you! Just make sure you're ready when you pull the plug on juicing.

As for driving, I used to do the classic motel way of driving across country, but it was extremely inefficient and expensive for me. My sleep comes in ways, separated by 3-4. hours, so often I would sleep at 5-6 am, leaving 5 hours of sleep, but killing 10-11 hours on the whole motel search, checkin.out,etc.

This would leave ~12 hours for driving. And you would hit both commute times with worst congestion. Can't get very far in 3 days if you dri ve when 90% of people drive...

But, if you flip your sleeping schedule so that you are up at night, when roads are empty, and get short naps in car whenever your body tells you, it results in those 2,000 miles over 48 hours, incl. sleep, yet still legal speeds. Much more comfortable than driving sleep deprived from motels.

Also, RedBull has phenomenal impact for up to 5-6 hours, when you just woke up from brief nap. It never ever worked that long for me previously, because I was constantly sleep deprived from hotels.Forget about red bull on second day. Now, I had RedBull each day of driving and it actually works each day for many hours.

Juicing means you don't have to burn time with fastfood either, you just drink it while driving, so I had days when I drove for over 20 hours, which as you just experienced in Te xas, is priceless on coast-to-coast trips.

Best thing, you don't need 3 days to recover from those trips. You're at 100% on next day.Wish i knew that 2 decades ago..

• Soose

4 months ago

PLEASE DON'T FLAG ME THIS IS NOT SPAM...

I've been exploring, following links. Have ya'll seen the workout videos actually on this site? I found them from the diabetes page on this site...

https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/fitness/workouts/

Low-intensity and high-intensity, pretty simple.

I've been dabbling in the Anti-aging stretches by Miranda Esmonde-White since the beginning of the reboot. She's got a series of 8 or 9 videos on youtube showing her routines that go with the books. I think she's a previous ballerina and I saw her first on a PBS program, one of those they do during fundraisers. Evidently she's had a long-running stretching program on other PBS stations for something like 12 yrs. But ours doesn't carry her. So I checked her Aging Backwards book out of the library and then found her videos that go with the book on youtube.

Her point is that as we age, it's agility, balance, and flexibility that we need to develop and hang onto. Here's a link to the playlist. Aging Backwards Introduction

PLEASE DON'T FLAG ME THIS IS NOT SPAM... Soose.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.