Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Yeager

1 day ago

Day 20 of Phase 5

Sad news

A friend of mine died on Saturday. I found out last night. He was 86. I guess the good news is that he didn't die in December like most of his family. He always dreaded December. The funeral is today. I am clinging to my juices rather than eat. Emotionally, I want to eat. It is how I was taught to deal with this emotion. Step by step. Break the addiction and the emotional context with the food. He was a great guy and fiesty!. He suffered from diabetes the entire time I knew him. He was an aviation mechanic (A&P/IA). He taught me how to fly better. We formed an unlikely team over the years. His life traced through the Cuban revolution and Scouting as well. His family was there with him in Cuba when he was a missionary there. I will miss you my friend.

Still juicing.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Freddie

1 day ago

Day 10 successfully completed.

I lost 1.2 lbs overnight (if you count the 0.2 gain yesterday). Pretty happy there, I was expecting things to slow down to the half pound range by now. But I will surely not argue. 5 more days to go and this run is over. Funny on how Day 2 - Day 3 it seems like it will be forever until you are on the home stretch, and now it's the final 5 days. Sweet. Had to resist a huge platter of company provided deli sandwiches at work today. I will admit they looked good when everyone else was eating them. I had water and chatted. All is well. Not going to slip up now. Too close to the finish line.

I'm going to get some sleep now. Really need to get better sleep. Lots of stress these days makes it hard but I will find my groove again. Life is always a challenge, keeps one on their toes.

Stay Healthy Sunshine Clubbe!

• Robin

1 day ago

Sounds like you’re in the juice groove Freddie! Juice on!

• Yeager

1 day ago

Doing great Freddie!

Glad you chose the better path.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Yeager

2 days ago

Day 19 of Phase 5

11/15/2017

109/78

Vega One

Well, I finally broke down and got some flax seed oil and Vega One protein & greens powder. Felt better after having it. The Vega One is a bit gritty after my Ninja got done with it. Used Unsweetened Almond milk as the base. Not bad in the Vanilla flavor. It seems that my body is demanding the higher nutrition level with me working out. Step by step. Drinking more water as well. Be glad when I am back down to Large shirts. Chuckle. That is coming. The XLs are back loose again. Feeling so much better and calmer. The exercise is getting easier even though I am going for more reps. Cardio today. Strength was yesterday. One of the Scouts that my wife and I were helping turned in his Eagle Scout paperwork. Yeah! We love seeing that. Court of Honor for the Troop next week. My son may be getting some Merit Badges that he needs.

Thought for the day:

What successes have you had today? Minor ones count!

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Freddie

1 day ago

I've grabbed the Vega One Bars on the run from time to time. A decent choice on the go actually. And they taste good.

• Freddie

2 days ago

Day 9 is in the Books and I am lying in bed. It was an easy day to stay on plan because I was too busy to even think about food. :)

Had a 0.2lb uptick on the scale this morning. I wasn't surprised at all. Every 15 Day run I have ever done consisted of at least 1 small uptick. Usually a plateau day too in the mix. Completely normal.

Reading Rick's post... I really need to mix exercise into my daily routine. I just struggle with work life balance and time. It's not a great excuse, but it does make it challenging for me. I have next week off work, and I am going to go to a 1st timers yoga class, as I have never been to yoga before (not even on Nintendo wii fit LOL). I am actually excited about it.

I am exhausted. Time for sleep.

• Yeager

2 days ago

Freddie,

You will have a good time with the Yoga. It is very rewarding when you feel energized at the end. Completely understand the work / life balance issue. Have the same issue.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Yeager

3 days ago

Day 18 of Phase 5

11/14/2017

122/76

Getting there.

The healing phase of this Reboot is definitely showing. Coupled with the Power 90 exercise, the flexibility and the strength are returning. Crunch time for the Thanksgiving holiday is here. It seems that we are expecting some company. Got my Cardio in last night. My son is doing the Power Yoga because he decides that is fun to show dear old Dad how easy it is. Young whipper snapper is inspiring me to get lighter to be able to match him or exceed what he can do. Step by step. Power 90 is 90 days. I am into my 2nd week. Today I am feeling off. This is not my normal. Then again, I am doing a heavy exercise program with the juicing. My suspicion is the body is still adapting. Normally, I just walk and I don't do this intensive resculpt the body. Does that I mean I quit with the exercise? HECK NOOOO! It just means I put on my Big Boy Boxers and keep trucking. The body will respond and I will get to where I want to go. Period. How do you make steel? By driving out the impurities from the Iron and then shape, temper, refine it some more. Same thing for our health. Time for confession, I have never made it to Day 50 with Power 90. Why? The knee always started hurting too much. So, I have learned to listen and to heal the body with the juice. Guess what? The knee is getting stronger. I am not pushing it and i keep adding ginger to the juice. Step by Step. What will I look like when I am down the weight and started to look ripped? I haven't the foggiest. Bet my wife and son would love to see it as well. Think that will help keep the weight down? You can bet your Bippie, it will. So what is the Vision ( the picture of future success) here? Simple, Power 90 Masters completed, P90X completed and be solidly under 190. The stretch goal is to be able to run the Ragnarok with a team and complete it. Do it in 2018. Ambitious? Absolutely! Shoot for Mars and make the moon. Fail it Forward!

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Freddie

4 days ago

Day 8 - Half way

Dropped another full pound this morning, can't help but be excited about that! I am expecting my usual plateau any time now, usually hits around Day 9, so it will be interesting to see how it goes. Every juice run seems to have its own life to it, no two are exactly the same (even though this is my 3rd one starting at 190 lbs). Funny how you can lose the same weight over and the fast is still very different each time. Its cold and snowy here. I always find winter fasting harder than summer fasting because the juice makes me freezing the whole time, and being cold in the winter is harder, I find. I have always had at least 1 plateau or 0.2 lb gain during a 15 Day run... So I expect this one will be the same.

I am lucky to have today off of work, so I am going to juice up a storm as soon as I am done this post, and get myself set for the next two days. Then it is off to Costco this afternoon to load up on veggies for the next half of this run.

Today I have been thinking a lot about maintaining. I have managed to find a way to maintain through regular days (I stayed in a 3 lb window for almost 5 months) but I need to learn how to maintain through a holiday. I still use holidays as a licence to eat, and I binge. This wouldn't be that bad if it stayed to the day itself, like Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day, etc. But what happens is it turns into Christmas Week, or Christmas Month and before you know it 10 lbs is back. throwing off all that great maintenance work from the last 5 months and, not to mention, polluting my body with things I don't want in there. Work in progress. Behaviours can change slowly sometimes and I have to take the losses with the wins. Take Thanksgiving for example (October in Canada), I gained exactly 9 lbs in the month of October... Thanksgiving Day took the wheels off, didn't put them back on until November... Need to learn how to hit the brakes faster. I am going to do an experiment at Christmas and see if I can, perhaps, find my first ever successful holiday, where i enjoy myself, indulge a bit for a day, but do not let Mr. Binge see the light of day. Have to spend the next 6 weeks mentally preparing. Step 1 is my work Christmas party in early December. I already ordered the vegan meal... because I know it will be much cleaner that the junk that gets served. Going to try and stick to that plate only, and not eat anything else. Should be interesting. Again, I have almost a month, but I am mentally preparing :)

• Yeager

3 days ago

Way to go in with a plan! In my experience, that is the path to success with meals and non-routine food events. It is funny that when I was a teenager, I used to be amused by the ladies eating all those salads. Now I order vegan. Oh how the Haughty have fallen. Chuckle.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Yeager

4 days ago

Day 17 of Phase 5

Busy weekend.

Friday night was the LDS Merit Badge college. Took my son for Emergency Preparedness. Saturday morning saw me up before the dawn getting ready to run a BB range for the Cub Scouts at Camp Durant. 32F in the sunshine. Cold day. Took some juices with me for lunch. That worked out very well. 10 minutes after we closed the range, it was jump in the truck and drive back home. Load up the 3 burner grill and griddle, groceries and high tail it over to Camp Medlin. Unload everything and get to cooking for the Adult Patrol. Venison steaks, baked potatoes, mixed veggies (broccoli, califlower, and carrots), canned biscuits, grilled onions and a blueberry/lemon curd cobbler were all prepared. The Scoutmasters were VERY appreciative. Seems they are not used to someone who cooks for a camp. Total cost of the meal was less than $20. Dutch Oven cooking is always Fun! After reloading the grill and griddle, it back home for my evening juice. Long, happy day.

Good news. My other juicing screen came in. Running with a spare screen for the next time ( if it happens). I don't want to be without my juicer again.

Sunday it was time to go to church. Have to keep my moral compass centered. After church, it was off for haircuts, poster board, idler pulley for the minivan, grocery shopping for dinner and lunch...kind of. There is a new place in town that calls itself The Healthy Spot. Basically, the guy running it is competing against smoothie and juice bars. The vehicle of choice? Herbalife shakes. I kid you not. Reasons against juices? Too much sugar, dairy and not enough protein. What in the world? I declined to order a shake. My son got one. He liked it and so did my wife.

Stopped by Aldi to show the wife what they had. Worked out pretty well. Went home and made some tortellini and ravioli pasta with meat sauce and fresh grated mozzarella cheese in the Instant Pot. It came out pretty well. Plenty of left overs , I mean unused portions, for the rest of the week. I cook once, serve many times. Me? I made cashew butter because I was wanting to try it. Too sweet for my taste. I will stick with the peanut butter. Did my Power 90 Sculpt workout last night. My son sees what I am doing and joins in. Kid kicks my tail on the chair dips. I mean it. He is knocking them out like they are NOTHING! Going almost to the floor and he keeps cranking them out. Definitely not hydrating enough. That said, my fitness level is increasing. Step by step. Keep chugging.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Freddie

4 days ago

Well done Rick... You seem to be in a great place right now. Very awesome to read. Those Herbalife shakes are basically all dairy... I had someone trying to convince me to stop juicing and start herbalife... No thanks. Their ingredients have have the periodic table on them it seems, where as my breakfast had Carrots, Oranges, and Ginger. LOL

• Freddie

5 days ago

Day 7

So far so good. Yesterday I had very little appetite and probably didn't drink enough juice. But I muscled in as much as I could. It was what it was. I was fighting it yesterday a bit. Funny how you can do over 10 of these juice fasts and you still have the same struggles as the first one (except much less drastic detox symptoms). I wanted to eat everything I saw yesterday. I was having a harder time resisting than Day 4 at the golf course (story below). It was hard but the won't power got me through. I ended the day having had about 6 grapes and 1 Tablespoon of natural peanut butter. That seemed to be enough to bury the urge to eat anything worse. Sometimes you just need to feel your teeth chewing something, and those 6 grapes did the trick. If it gets you to the next day without eating the leftover gnocchi on the kids plates followed by a few handfuls of the bag of open tortilla chips in the pantry than they are the best 6 grapes you will ever eat :)

Lost another full pound since yesterday, so that made me quite happy. I'm a little ahead on my 3L of water for the day also today which is great. I'm off to church, and then back home to make some nice fresh juices for the rest of today and tomorrow.

• Robin

5 days ago

Sounds good Freddie, and you’re right, sometimes you just HAVE to chew something. I remember my first reboot and I was just desperate to eat something and one of the nutritionists told me if it came down to just HAVING to put a solid food in my mouth to remember this: “if you can juice it, you can eat it.” So occasionally I would take a bite of apple or a bite of the carrot I was about to juice, and it would stem the tide and get me over the urge to binge. Juice on!!

• Yeager

4 days ago

You are doing great!

Both of you have the right idea. Yesterday, I made some unsalted cashew butter. My wife tried some. I find it a bit sweet for my taste. What does it have in it? Wait for it: Cashews. Nothing else. Still sweet.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Freddie

4 days ago

Its amazing how screwed up our palette is when we eat junk. Those 6 grapes tasted like they rolled out of Willy Wonka's Factory... They really did taste like candy. Amazing how good real food is when you don't have all that refined crap in your system.

• Freddie

6 days ago

Good Morning Sunshine Clubbe....

Long Time No See :)

I am currently on Day 6 of a 15 Day Juice Only run. Thought I'd stop in and say hi.

For the last few months I have been insanely busy and work/life balance has been tough. Also had a lot of food events in October that pushed the weight up a few lb's so I am doing my semi-annual 15 Day run (May and November) to get things back in line. I am hoping this 15 days will carry me back to my personal best "low" again, but the next 10 days will tell the tale :) I have been very consistent in staying within a 10 lb range for the whole summer, basically bouncing all over from 180-190. I sure didn't like seeing 190 knowing that the dreaded 200's is only "single digit gain" away, and I knew I had my semi annual coming so I let the wheels off a bit saying "the JO will clean it up anyways". Still haven't been able to mentally conquer that licence to eat yet, maybe one day.

I'm sitting at 185.8 lbs today, and my personal best low (which only lasted about 2 days before it went back up) was 176.8 lbs. with 10 days left on the JO and 9 lbs to my PB, it's possible, but I have a feeling that I will fall just shy. I have a few plans of how to still get there and better before Christmas, but that can be saved for another post.

Stay Healthy Sunshine Clubbe.

• Robin

6 days ago

Great to see you again Freddie!

• Yeager

4 days ago

Freddy,

Great to see you again! If it happens that you set a new low, GREAT! If not, Be Healthy!

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Yeager

1 week ago

Day 14 of of Phase 5

Nice surprise

Omega sent my juicer screen that I ordered, but it came in early. Which was good for me and my juices. Upon opening the box, there was a surprise waiting for me. Omega sent a new drum with the screen. Nice! My old drum was getting scratched up. There was a minor redesign that I noted, but it works well and I am back to full juicing ability with my juicer. Yeah!

Last night I fixed the drain in the shower and the kitchen sink. The kitchen sink one was more of the issue. Seems like whoever installed it, did the gaskets wrong. Didn't notice it until I filled the sink and had to go under to get something that I saw the dripping leak. 2 runs to Home Depot and I am back in business with a sealed up basket drain. Cleared the clog in the shower with a plumbing snake and all is good. Have to love these maintenance issues.

My mortar and pestle arrived yesterday as well. Working on seasoning it with rice currently. According to the seller , it is much like Dutch Oven in its care and conditioning. Why get a mortar and pestle? Saffron. Learning to cook with it.

Did my Cardio yesterday with the Power 90 program. Power Yoga kicked my tail. The rest of it was good, just not the Yoga. That has always been a challenge for me starting that program. Mostly because of the core and arm strength that it requires. After doing my workout, took a trip to the Chiropractor. Boy, my joints were loose and all out of position. Felt great afterwards. Been too long.

Thought for the day:

Start, Stop and Continue. What do you need to Start doing to improve? What do you need to Stop doing? What should you Continue doing?

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Freddie

5 days ago

I was waiting for a new blade to come from Breville for this Juice run of mine to start. Decided to add a new juice collector (the part that has the spout the juice comes out of) because the old one was getting a bit "well used" and had a small crack. Juicer works like the day I bought her after 2.5 years. Not bad.

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.