Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Soose

2 days ago

Veteran juicers. Why did my beet root juice (sans greens/stalks) congeal in the bottle? I've not had that happen before. I don't think I got it contaminated with anything and it doesn't seem fermented at all.

• Soose

2 days ago

Googled... on a forum archive... the most useful reply amongst the ones that were predictable ("drink all juice immediately," "No, you can freeze it in this way," etc.) ...

https://www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1212520

For those who have found this discussion like I did; I too found the same thick, slimy, "egg yoke like" carrot juice in my recently pressed carrot juice in the refrigerator. From my research, it does seem to be a product of natural fermentation:
    From the Handbook of Chemistry, by Leopold Gmelin
    Under the influence of the peculiar ferment which excites mucous fermentation, cane-sugar (and therefore no doubt also dextro- and Isevo-glucose) splits up into mannite, carbonic acid, and gum. (Pasteur, Bull. Soc. Cliim. Para, 18(!1, 30; see p. 280). Mannite can be obtained after fermentation from vegetable juices which previously did not contain any. (Pourcroy & Vauquelin ; Pclou/.e, Ann. Cliim. Phi/s. 47, 411.) No mannite is formed when the Sugar of carrot-juice ferments by itself, but when the pectin-substances are left in it, the juice gets thick, like white of egg, and produces mannite. (Vauquelin.) The presence of mannite after fermentation has been observed in the juice of onions (Pourcroy & Vauquelin, Ann. C/iim. 65, 16G; AT. Geld. 5,357); in mangokl-wurzel juice (Braconnot, Ann. Chim. 85, 95 ; Jules Gay-Lussac & Pelouze, see xi, 478) ; in extract of jalap-root.

Interestingly enough, this fermented carrot juice may indeed act as an advantageous probiotic...and as a natural heart burn (GERD/Acid Reflux) relief. I suggest you do your own research there.

• Soose

2 days ago

I am thinking I left some vinegar on the beet roots. To cause this reaction. (I've seen it before when something was going BAD but this is definitely not bad, no sour taste, and happened within a very short time of putting in the fridge.) Plus my husband is pretty good with Chemistry and beer-making and he agrees. lol

Sorry for duplicate posts on cross-boards.

• RM

3 days ago

day 6 and struggling. had death in family yesterday and spent hours in the kitchen cooking for everyone. I do not know if it was grief, the feeling of helplessness, or both but I ended up eating some solid food. I will be off fast for a few days while I help my family. I will start again on Tuesday or Wednesday. may start with water only fast again.

Hope everyone is well.

• Robin

2 days ago

Sorry about your loss RM. Be careful and try not to “grief eat” as it makes it difficult when you begin juice fast again—but you know all that! Hope you’re back posting soon.

• RM

2 days ago

thank you so much Robin. Will check in with you later this week.

• mothleg

1 day ago

Hey you - so sorry to hear your news - grief is the worst - I've been away a few days I'll check back - hopefully find you back - Take good care of yourself

• Tumbleweed

1 day ago

I'm sorry about your loss RM. Hope you can take good care of yourself & your loved ones.

• RM

3 days ago

End of Day 5. Kitchen closed. Really tired. Still detoxing. Sleep well everyone.

• RM

4 days ago

Starting Day 5 of 30. Finally getting over serious fatigue but now craving sugar, which is a huge challenge. My overall fat percentage is high and remember that the insulin hormone is stored in fat. So if I am burning fat, I guess that means the insulin is coming out? If insulin is coming out, does that make me temporarily crave sugar? if so, this is a dangerous cycle for me so will be careful. Will take one day at a time right now because I want to continue to burn fat and not Re-Store fat (insulin promotes fat accumulation).

How is everyone doing?

• RM

4 days ago

Ending Day 4 of 30. THE KITCHEN IS CLOSED...... going to bed early as still dragging through parts of day.

Getting my haircut tomorrow. New salon, looking forward to a change.

• zeke8828

4 days ago

Juice ON RM!!

i posted earlier. been sitting here for over an hour. keep on keeping on!!

water, coconut water, ginger root when juice can take it!! four or five juices a day? ginger shots prepared while making juice!!. as much ginger as u can handle and one apple of ur choice, a nice pick me up. i use a knob up to 1st knucle on thumb, finger nails don't count!! do not drink ginger shots after 8 pm!! i dunno if u ever tried a ginger shot!!

Lettuce know if ur hair turned purple!!

• peasandcarrots

4 days ago

That's funny RM, I had someone new chop a good 6 inches off my hair yesterday; shedding pounds, shedding hair! Feels good to make the change inside and out.

• ndn12176

4 days ago
  • RM

4 days ago

Happy Friday to All.

• peasandcarrots

5 days ago

Day 7, day 2 of juice only. Hoping to start burning off some weight and fat now and that's keeping me motivated. When I want to cave I try and remind myself how far I've come and how long it took me to get to this place (one month including the 3 weeks of caffeine weening). Sleeping really well. I think it's the lack of caffeine. I've decided I'm going to try to stay off of it for good though know that is going to be tough, tough, tough. No need to worry about that now, I know. I'm bad about worrying what the future will like like after the fast is over. Have to remind myself, one step at a time and live in the present, as Soose said.

Thanks for all your posts. It helps to come here!

• RM

4 days ago

Congrats on Day 2 - Peas & Carrots. Congrats on Day 5 - Tumbleweed. Soose, did you decide to start a juice only too? Mr. Mothleg - how are you?

I am starting Day 4 of 30, and still tired. During my 5 day water only fast, just before I started the juice only fast, I did have a lot of bile pursing from gall bladder. I am wondering if this kicked in a good healthy gall bladder and liver purging and that is why I am so tired. I am going to look into juices that help further cleanse the gall bladder and liver, and include those in my juice only fast. I do know that the gall bladder and liver are the most important organs for fat burning, so will definitely take care of these organs.

How is everyone doing? Juice on.

• RM

5 days ago

End of Day 3 of 30. Stressful day. So glad it is over. If feels like Friday night. Very tired still. I have not exercised in a couple days, so feel grumpy about that. I am going to go for a nice walk and have cup of tea. Anyone playing the Safeway and Albertson's grocery stores Monopoly game? I have over 100 Monopoly coupons to open. The game and winning tickets are due at the end of May. Last year I won the $500 grocery store gift card. I am feeling lucky......

How is everyone doing? How is Mr Bear Mothleg? Keep posting friends even if you are being challenged. Share your challenges. Share your lessons and tips. We are interested.

• Tumbleweed

6 days ago

Day 4. Still truckin. I woke up at 3am.. that sometimes happens when I fast- my circadian rhythm goes crazy. So, I'm tired & emotionally troubled. My husband & 8 yr old son are going out of state tomorrow to visit my parents & go to a motocross race with my dad. That'll be great fun for them. Trouble is, Mon-Wed my husband is going out of town to work & leaving my son with my parents. I'm very uneasy about this. One the one hand, it could be a great experience for my son to spend 3 days with Grandpa & Grandma... but on the other hand, it might not. My mom is pretty unpredictable with her moods- she thinks she's "queen bee" & can be harshly invalidating & belittling if she wants, she's very quick with her words & uses them for guilt-trips or cutting you down- whatever it takes for her to "win". You know, classic manipulation tactics. That's the world I grew up in. She's the life of a party & lots of fun, but can be super hurtful if you have a mind of your own. Our relationship has dwindled to phone calls on Christmas & Mother's Day. Luckily Grandpa just retired & he's pretty cool, we talk 1x/week... though I also have some concerns on that front too. He's a total "man's man" & could invalidate my son through teasing. My son is not used to that. In our nucleus family, we try to talk straight, no manipulation, & most importantly build our relationships stronger with love rather than isolate one another. ...So, I'm emotionally burdened because I love my son & I want him to have a special trip to the Grandparents & make great memories, but I don't want him to be emotionally hurt & belittled. If only we could tell the future, right?

Why am I saying all this here? Because this is life & life is messy & these are the things that influence our resolve to tough out a fast. I'm sick to my stomach with nerves. I want to succeed. I'm on day 4 out of a 15 day goal. But I'm an emotional wreck & an exhausting fast seems like an unnecessary burden under the weight of my worries.

thanks for letting me vent.

• Soose

5 days ago

Hey, Tumbleweed. I hear you and where you're coming from. If you don't mind my saying so, you gotta let this go. Guard your fast however you decide to do this. It's too hard to get started again! Can't live in agony and being sick and stay on a fast! Live in the present. Meanwhile, vent away if it helps!

Hey, my husband is traveling over the weekend by himself, too. Funeral/flying. I'm a bit nervous but it's also an opportunity to have some "me time" and self care and stepping up in the few extra responsibilities -- that's what I'm going to focus on -- just not sure how I'm going to use the time yet. I already thought of and discarded the idea of eating out with anyone, of course, even lunch is too risky for me on a juice fast at the stage I'm at right now. Fighting that lurking idea that I could "treat myself." Treats will have to be healthy juicing treats! Right?!

• RM

5 days ago

Ms. Tumbleweed, I am so thankful that this group website is here and provides a safe place for us to talk about those things that come up during our fasts. We do not live in a sterile empty environment, so things may happen while we are fasting and also come out because we are fasting. I read an article about all the 'things' that are stored in our fat cells. Some of the things are toxins, not all but some. I would not be surprised if we store emotions in fat cells too. I know when I do some yoga postures, I feel old emotions releasing.

Stick to your fast because there are always events happening that can interfere with our health plans. As Soose said, let go of the family enough that you can breathe and take care of you. Find strength from the fast. Congrats on Day 4.

• Tumbleweed

5 days ago

Thank you so much for the encouraging words Soose & RM. You are both very right. It is way to hard to do the starting portion of the fast over again, so throwing in the towel at this point is counter-productive. & I think you must be right RM, I bet there are emotions stored in our fat cells. I'll use these next 7 days to have some special mommy-son time with my 3 yr old... & maybe schedule in some time to pop in a yoga dvd & exercise.

• Soose

5 days ago

Way to go, Tumbleweed! I expect your kid is going to be okay. :) I really miss those days with my youngster... parks and cool library books and just all sorts of fun!

Hey, RM, interesting about emotions stored in fat cells. Even as a concept if not reality, I might help myself by viewing detox symptoms coming out as emotions... I am probably better at handling the emotions coming at me than physical symptoms! All interrelated anyway, are these things. (Says Yoda? lol)

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.