Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Ljblis

1 week ago

Hi I've just started today had green juice for breakfast lunch and tea but I'm starving and really want to eat crisps and chocolate. Help. Please. X

• mothleg

6 days ago

watch videos it will help a lot

• Szofia

1 week ago

Hey everyone! I started a new 5-day reboot today. It's my third time rebooting and this time I plan to do better at transitioning out of juice and into healthy food. I've been feeling quite excited about starting, and now...I'm questioning my own sanity... Hopefully an aspirin will sort me out!

• sydney480

2 weeks ago

Hi all Im just starting my journey tomorrow and looking forward to getting my life back. Im happy to be here and get all your tips and encouragement.

• kate.the.warrior

3 weeks ago

Hi everyone! I’ve managed to keep from gaining anything over the past 6 weeks, but haven’t lost either. I haven’t been walking at all other than at work because of a very bad left knee and ankle. I’m beginning a juice fest on January 1. Juice for breakfast and lunch with a smoothie with protein powder for supper. I want to go as long as possible and get as close to 230 as I can.

Happy New Year!

• Yeager

2 weeks ago

Hi Kate!

Glad to hear you are back! Juice the ginger to help with the knee and ankle. Look forward to seeing you back regularly!

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Tina

3 weeks ago

Does juicing help depression?

• Yeager

3 weeks ago

It normally does. My advice though is to do a transition.

1st week - replace 1 meal with 1 juice

2nd week - replace 2 meals with juices.

3rd week - full on juicing.

You will be noticing the positive effects by week 2.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Yeager

3 weeks ago

12/20/2107

Anniversary

Tonight was our anniversary. This time 20 years ago, we were headed to Florida to go take a cruise for our honeymoon. Fast forward to the present. I mistakenly read that the anniversary gift was pearls. It wasn't. It was china. Silly me had gotten her a real pearl necklace. So, I found a china set that has the simple pattern she likes with all of the serving pieces plus a silverware set. So off I go for a quick drive to pick it up. Uh-huh. Right. Oh so wrong. Seems there was an accident on a major road that I was taking that had downed power lines. Talk about a backup. My 40 minute trip took 2 hours. Got the set, packed up and back on the road. Take a different route, whoops, that one is backed up and standing still. Hmmm, go for the Interstate and take the longest way around. That was moving pretty decently. Get home, wife is not home yet. Ah, she got stuck in the same traffic jam. Great! Unbox the set and lay it our for her on the dining table. She was shocked when she saw it. She loved it. Not bad for the effort I had to go through.

On a more positive note, I found that the propane gas log valve that I couldn't find is still made. Yeah! Pick it up tomorrow. More work, but productive. When I get it home, I get to install it. Fun times.

Scale is starting to budge again. Better news is that BP is down where I want to see. Normally in a Reboot my BP drops down to the 90/60 range. I always thought that 120/80 was normal. Not for my body. It likes the low normal range. Accept it and move on. The funny thing having done a few Reboots is that the upper number always drops first and the lower number takes more time before it drops. Still, nice to not need medication. Let thy medicine be thy food and thy food , thy medicine as the old saying goes. Very true, just we are using the juice to do that. Never ceases to amaze me the healing power of the juice.

Last night was the Cub Scout party. They had a Santa and did a service project for MMIA. 36 boxes they raised and were shipped. Had to work with the red beets. Didn't have time to make it to Whole Foods for the golden beets. Maybe this weekend if I am lucky. 6 days left on this Reboot. Then the real battle begins - Maintenance. The one thing I am really beginning to detest is all the folks that tell me how skinny I am looking. What in the world? I am still 10 BMI points away from getting to a healthy weight. Channel my inner John Pinette here. Yeah Rick used to produce his own gravity well and create his own eclipse but we didn't say anything. He looks so much better now that we can see around him. Seriously, when did 75 pounds overweight become skinny?!? The answer is it is not skinny. I face the truth head on. Oh great, he literally wants to take the bull by the horns...I'll watch from over here says the folks standing around. Face the reality and you will not be afraid of it.

Failure is the greatest of all teachers according to Master Yoda. How true. I will finish this year lighter than when I started. That is moving in the right direction. So what's the issue? I failed to get under 200 lbs by years end which was the Goal I was working to achieve. That is strictly in my ball court. So, what is the plan for 2018? Step it down to 185 or less and MAINTAIN it. When I get there, that will mean I will have lost 175 lbs. What scares me about that? I have no idea what I look like at that weight or how I will feel at that weight. Right now, I am less than 30 lbs away from being able to do High Adventure camps with the BSA. Step by step. I know what it is to lose 100 lbs. Now I have to concentrate on the next milepost.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Tina

1 month ago

Hi every one.

I started juicing on weds, then i kinda forgot to drink anything yesterday and had an unplanned water fast as they say. Back on juicing today. I need to get a schedule going, my life has been a bit unorganized. Do you primarily drink mean green or only sometimes drink that?

• Yeager

4 weeks ago

I normally drink Mean Green. I will vary it with a Carrot-apple-Ginger and sometimes an Un-beet-able. There are a lot of juice recipes to choose from that I suggest you find ones you like. Juice the Rainbow of colors.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Yeager

1 month ago

12/13/2017

Hydration

Well, I hydrated yesterday, but not enough. I can tell the difference. When I drink 150 oz+ in addition to my juicing + water requirements, I can feel the difference. Yesterday, only 96 oz in addition to the 96 oz of water with juice. Yep, I drink a lot of water in the winter. Went to bed early yesterday too. Body is shifting around. Have to keep with the program. Wound up running out of cucumbers yesterday. Never a good sign. After the Cub Scout Pack meeting last night, I hit the grocery store. Granny Smith apples were out of stock again. This makes 2 weeks that Harris Teeter is out of Granny Smith apples.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Yeager

1 month ago

12/11/2017

SLACKER

Yep, I have been slack about posting. It has been an interesting time lately. Granny Smith apples suddenly are in short supply around here? Why?!?! All the other apples are there. Strange. A friend of mine came over today. My friend is going on an enforced liquid diet. So, off to Craigslist I went. Found a brand new still in the shrink wrap Hamilton Beech Big Mouth juicer for $25. Sent it home with him. Found a Breville for another friend that was fairly new for $25 as well. Informed that friend who went and picked it up. Anyway, back to the 1st friend. We unpackaged the juicer and then started making juices. Mean Green and Carrot-apple-ginger were made and consumed. How to modify the juices until the palate adapts. What to do when you make a juice that is too strong for you. Tips and tricks with centrifugal juicers and the old plastic bag in the waste bin. Clean up tips were shared. Recipe book was printed out as well. Not a bad day's work. All of this to help.

On a more personal note, the blood pressure bottom number is finally shifting down. My top one always comes down first and the bottom one is the stubborn one. Regardless, it is working. Being at the new "normal" blood pressure ranges is satisfying. The American Heart Association lowered the numbers for high blood pressure. I guess not enough people were on drugs for their taste. Personal opinion with NOT a shred of evidence to support it.

Marinated some salmon steaks for the wife and kid. Wife came home yesterday with an already cooked rotisserie chicken. So, my salmon steaks went in the fridge with the marinade. Instead of marinating 30 minutes like I planned, they marinated for 24 hours. Wife liked mine better than the upper end restaurant that the company paid for the Christmas party. Son liked mine better than his glazed smoked salmon from a restaurant we recently tried. Tomorrow is marinated ribeyes I caught on sale for $4.00 for the package. After all, they are not on a juice fast, just me. That said, they are eating more veggies. My son says he has lost 3 lbs with eating my cooking. Yet, he says that the food is excellent. Spent some of Saturday splitting some logs. Big red oak tree we had taken down was fighting the maul. Went on Craigslist and scored cheap electric log splitter. Works great. It has a "10 inch diameter" limit. Uh-huh. It split that 20 inch log no problem. One of those neat things about using your brains. When the log got too heavy, I got the wife to help me walk it up to the height needed to get on the splitter. I tilted it and she put wood under the log. Ancient and old technique I grant you, but very effective. Saves on back strain. She was dubious that the big log was going to be split by the machine. 10 minutes later, the whole thing was on the wood pile. Got to love it.

Decided to learn some new to me technology. Should be fun. Making a DDS vfo for a radio project. Should be fun. Nice part of Amateur Radio (Ham Radio) is the ability to experiment and build equipment. Test new ideas. LEARN!

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Tumbleweed

1 month ago

Hi folks, Back on another JF. Just finished a 45 day JF & was feeling great & eating in true relation to my hunger. Then Thanksgiving hit! Between tasting all the dishes throughout the day while cooking, I reignited my snacking/nibbling habit that is completely unrelated to hunger. Over these past 2 weeks I put on 5 lbs & don't want to carry on this trend any longer! Especially since the Christmas season is so full of temptation, I need to be on track this month! So, after about 4 days of "intending" to eat only when hungry & totally not following through, I've decided to put myself on a short JF to re-calibrate. Just made my carrot/ginger/lemon juice to get me through today & tomorrow. Undecided if this will be a 2 or 5 day JF. I'm not looking forward to the next few days, but I am looking forward to feeling back on track.

Hope everyone is doing well! Anyone out there doing a JF right now?

• Yeager

1 month ago

I am currently in the middle of one. Come off the fast December 26th at the earliest. Might extend it, but i doubt it. Have another one scheduled for 2018.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.