Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• freedomtobe

12 hours ago

Didn't use computer yesterday as I had same aversion to computer as I had to juices one day, LOL. But I wrote in my juicing diary, so here are the details from

day 8:

Woke up with extreme weakness. Made juice with green cabbage and green apples. Didn't taste that good-like radish juice, very strong. However it made me feel much better. I even got a few hours of close to euphoria feeling. I had no time to make more to take with me, so I had no juice until four in the afternoon, and by then I felt weak again. Probably also because I had to walk several miles, and did food shopping, and other things. When I came back home, I just had some bone broth and collapsed into bed for an hour nap. After that I felt quite good, and made another cabbage juice. This time I made it separately, and then experimented with adding pineapple juice. At first I did half and half, and taste was still quite bad. Then I added two thirds of pineapple and one third of cabbage, and that was passable. PIneapples are just 2 dollars each in Sprouts this week, so I got 3 of them.

From feeling pains that day was a pain in my left calf, so I made compress with castor oil overnight or to be exact until bandage holding it rolled off, when I slept.

Day 9

Woke up by pressure in my belly, and had to run to the bathroom with diarrhea. Cabbage probably worked well to clean out my intestines. But no weakness! Lost 7-8 pounds (now I am 160, height 5"6), but the problem is, that I lost it from thighs and other unimportant places. But belly fat doesn't seem to budge a lot. Most of it is n my lower part, under the belly button, which some sources say means estrogen overload. I need to look up which herbs or juices work on that. I am also thinking about reducing or eliminating sweet fruit from the juices as fructose is the cause of sugar belly. Glucose part is not a big deal, liver can handle that easier. But fructose is a totally different matter. And fruits are high in it, aren't they?

What is your experience with belly fat?

Today I juiced cucumbers, blueberries, chayote leaves, herbs (comfrey, Echinacea, plantain, chanca piedra) from my little garden. Blueberries gave it gentle sweetness, so it was okay.

• Woody109

14 hours ago

Good morning/afternoon/evening to anyone reading this.

My name is Tyler and i'm 23 years old. I have always loved eating healthy and putting good into my body. However, my wife doesn't eat very healthy and I have gotten out of sorts. I need to get back into eating how I was and it's just really hard. I was thinking a reboot would be a great way to start. I am 5'8" and 220. I'm overweight and need to get back into eating healthy. I haven't been able to work out since the beginning of the year as I have had health issues. So I want to eat healthier and juice as I am not able to really get out an move like i want too. I just bought a juicer and am read to go. I was going to try a 3 to 10 day reboot. However, I have no idea where to start. What kind of juices do I need to make, I don't want to focus on one or two juices and not get enough nutrients. I also have a little one who is 14 months old. Instead of buying him juice at the store, I would love to make juice for him with my juicer. I've already made some sweet ones for him that he likes, just because i was trying it out. They were made with carrots, oranges, and pears. Only made on or two since I was trying it out. Just need help figuring out what recipes i need in order to make my 10 day reboot a success. I am not picky at all and am trying to loose weight, as I cannot move around. Can't wait to hear from some of you and get more into juicing. Thank you anyone who posts in advance, and yall have a wonderful day!

• freedomtobe

11 hours ago

See, if you can get Joe's book. I got it from the library, and it has lost of info about reboot and lots of recipes. I am not into recipes myself as I buy what is on sale, and what is in my garden, but it is still useful for the ideas.

• mothleg

15 hours ago

@Soose - so my only concern with the fiber is if it turns the ghrelin mechanism back on. Joe Cross says it will, Dr Fung says it wont. i'm past all the hard part and i feel great so my goal now is to always be under a 100 cals per day but get some quality nutrition. i want my body burning its stored fat and not stuff i'm taking in. i'll let you know if i get any indication that fiber turns on the ghrelin. i think my fasting experience may be different than most folks- i know clearly that i cut over(day6) ,and i know clearly that i'm past all the random compulsions and most of the energy leveling (day 12-14)

fasting = hell week>ambush week> fast till i'm out of man boob :)

i saw one of those press juicers, impressive the juice doesn't separate when you put it in the fridge over night

• Soose

1 day ago

@Mothleg, I like the idea of adding green nutrients to a WO fast for the same reason.

If you want to avoid fiber totally, even though it's not that much in the blending, it should be easy to strain either in a bag by squeezing, with a sieve/mill, or I really do want to just try that french press method myself after my neighbor had a terrible fail with it. (Obviously it works for the youtube lady. Only thing I can figure is my neighbor got a terrible french press, or that day, she had way too many fibrous beets and such in there - which I know she did -- that blended liquid was like a rock when she tried to press down with the coffee french thingie. lol)

Anyway, I had a french press at one time, never used it, and I don't know if it's hiding up on a pantry shelf way up top or if I gave it away knowing I'd never use it. You know they were popular, a real fad, and everyone was giving them out for gifts. (But the straining bag works for me just fine.)

• mothleg

1 day ago

thanks @soose i'm gonna follow your lead and post up top- i like the WO, the weight falls off, the liver releases all sorts of strange things. my take on WO is completely positive minus one thing- i feel like i'm missing out on all those little scrubbers and nutrients you get from kale/spinach/chard etc... so i blend just one blender full per day of greens. total calories < 40 and i stagger intake in small amounts. i blend because juicing greens just feels like a ridiculous waste, i have a big breville and big omega juicer and they just don't deliver on greens - tried all the tricks

• RM

1 day ago

Saturday, July 14th, laying low today and tomorrow. Juicing and getting ready for the Sunday 8 am world soccer match between Croatia and France. We have an independent movie theater that is showing the match live on their big movie screen. Food trucks will be there with fresh local hot tamales, French brioche buns, and Croatian Szekely Goulash. This is going to be an amazing game. See you tomorrow. Juice on.

• Soose

1 day ago

@ Mothleg re: " day 14 WO hey gang hope you all are well. i'm feeling great, going strong, will be adding just a little of blended organic dark greens to my fast now"

WTG on day 14, that's just phenomenal! So glad you're feeling great on WO, the only extended time I did was 9 days WO and I can't say I ever felt GREAT in those days, though I did see a LOT of healing. I was still weak.

So my question is, how did you decide to go to blended greens after the WO phase as a transition, rather than juicing the greens for that transition? Sorry if you said and I didn't get it fixed in my mind.

• Soose

1 day ago

@freedom2be [ Like Mothleg, I am going to start typing free2b if that's okay shorthand?] So glad you're feeling better! SEVEN days! WOOT WOOT!

@Mothleg, Ha, in my experience, it's the Significant Other who can smell the ketones! Thinking of that, I don't remember my husband having that problem this time around. He can't smell his own. But we both can TASTE them if we're producing them on our tongue, horrible taste. Must be the salads on gym days is keeping it from happening for him this time, or all the juice consumption? That makes me wonder... I'm still not straight on the ketones thing. Four decades ago, the Atkins no carb diet was the fad. It's not the same thing, I think, the ketones this time? I know some of you have been studying it. Someone set me straight again and I'll try to absorb the info, please?

[ As I said, posting up top instead of down below, and just trying to make sure I'm clear about the subject and to whom I'm replying. Hope that's okay with ya'll. It's hard to ferret out the new posts below.]

• nivluke18

1 day ago

Hey everyone! I completed a 40 day fast 2 years ago and have started my second 30 day fast of 2018. Getting started those first few days are rough but once I am in the groove it seems to stay steady. Probably the same for most people. Just trying to leverage this online community more for this fast.

• Soose

1 day ago

Hi, Nivluke18! So glad you're here -- I was just saying to my husband how helpful it is to have veteran fasters on the forum, to tell their stories and share their experience. I saw you're already on or past day 4. How long does it take you to "cut over" to where it's easier? (That's what Mothleg calls it, "cut over.")

• mothleg

1 day ago

day 14 WO hey gang hope you all are well. i'm feeling great, going strong, will be adding just a little of blended organic dark greens to my fast now - i'll keep you posted - stay strong GO CROATIA!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.