Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Elias Fenn

4 days ago

Not juicing by on my food plan for day 3. Wow, I feel so much better just after a few days than I did before. I always forget how good it feels to be on a healthy food plan. I still can convince myself that I can get away with eating foods loaded with sugar and flour and I prove to myself over and over again that that is simply not true.

• Elias Fenn

5 days ago

Hello group - haven't been here in a long time. No juicing right now, but day 2 of a real food plan. It's a start. Wow, my emotions have been on a roller coaster for so long around food. I love the stuff and hate it all at the same time. Guess I'm not the only one who feels this way.

• Peter

1 week ago

Hey Guys, I am new Here and I just wanted to upload a progress pic :) day 86 going strong I have been asking around, how do you guys stay accountable after finishing the Juice cleanse? I really struggled in the past when it came to keeping the weight off and I am looking for ways that worked for other people.

• Patrick James

1 week ago

thank you 4 fasting and Soose for your responses....very valuable insights. God Bless!!

• 4fasting

1 week ago

Patrick James...Congratulations on fasting and weight loss...much respect. Intermittent fasting is a great tool, I'm even using it now on my juice fast (no juice before noon...stop at six). When I am eating my IF window is much shorter...but I'm allowing myself some slack with the fasting. Check out Jason Fung...an endocrinologist out of Canada. You can find him on FaceBook and he has written best seller on IF. It works. As for the keto diet, I would not attempt it. You will be successful with weight loss initially but because of the high fat content...very dangerous for your cardiovascular system...very serious consequences. Robby and Cyrus on Mastering Diabetes have discussed (as many other well known MDs in the whole foods genre) this devastating consequence. Please do the research.

I will continue with my IF practice when I go off juice fasting, but will also continue fasting 1-3 days weekly with 2 vegan meals a day with a short window for eating. It is tricky not gaining weight after fasting and I've tried several strategies. I wish you the best!

• Patrick James

2 weeks ago

Hello Everyone!! Long time since I posted on here. I am currently on day 12 of a 15 day juice only fast (15 pounds lost thus far). This is probably my 20th or so JO fast, and I have never shared a tip that helps me get through these long droughts of not eating. In the evenings and sometimes during the day. I taste hot sauce or mustard or even the juice from a dill I have lightly bitten into to give my tongue a little satisfaction of flavor away from the "mean green". I realize some of you may be purest and be appalled that I would suggest these items because they contain sodium. However, after numerous fasts and lots of weight lost, I have never felt it hindered me. Satisfying that craving for a little flavor helps me sustain my fasts so that I can extend them without going crazy. Maybe this tip will help some of you who are struggling, maybe not. Just wanted to say hi...and hope you all have a blessed day.

• Soose

2 weeks ago

Hi, Patrick James. Glad to see you here. Right now, the activity has moved over to Happy Juicing 2018 group but I miss all the Sunshine Juicers. I've been on this newest reboot since last February.

Thanks for the tip of a taste of a condiment to satisfy that craving. I'll definitely use that.

I don't think all salt is bad... a warning to pass on to others going low salt is that of iodide defficiency. My family has been on a low salt, very low, because of one member's health requirements, about 2 years, and I recently came up borderline on thyroid. I thought and thunk and realized, maybe I have not been careful about taking in iodide!? (It's in some of our minerals but most of the sea salts or himalayan salts we use, not... and it's not in another mineral supplement I'd swapped to.) I just wasn't thinking iodide requirements the last 6 months or so... which in the US, we rely on supplemented salts to satisfy.

• Elias Fenn

4 days ago

Great job Patrick on your new juice fast.

• Patrick James

2 weeks ago

One other note. I have lost so much weight juicing, but have always started creeping back up on the scale. I have heard a lot of people talking about "intermittent fasting while on the Keto diet. I know 4 people personally who have had great success. After I hopefully get back down to my desired weight after this Friday (last day of my current juice fast), I am going to try it. Have any of you ever tried this? Thanks in advance.

• Soose

2 weeks ago

Yes, Patrick James, been hearing a lot about intermittent fasting on this list this Summer. And recently heard an interview with Mercola saying he would judge it the number one tool to help with insulin resistance. (Not his exact words, maybe it was for prevention or to cure or ... don't remember. But it was intermittent fasting.)

Leslie has been using intermittent fasting. Also, RM. Don't know if you know them. I think RM has gone off to Dr. Fung's site, joined one of their groups, after reading his book on fasting. Might look that up if you haven't.

I think the reboot my husband has been doing has owed its success in part to intermittent fasting. He never went totally juice only -- he alternated with heavy ETL style cruciferous salads on his gym training days. He'd had trouble losing weight despite a very good diet and exercise... I think it bumped his metabolism. Time for another one for him, I think, as he's slowed down.

• Soose

2 weeks ago

Morning, Juicers! :) I have just posted my new weight loss tracker graph over on Happy Juicers group...

Weight Loss Oct 29th

I am pleased but a little in shock. But more thoughts over on that post, not to repeat myself.

Missing the Sunshine Clubbers!

• Onewiththeforce

2 months ago

Guys where are ya'll?

• Soose

2 months ago

More activity on Happy Juicers just now. You know, people who have been at this a long time seem to take breaks now and then. I think people have been busy with the Summer (or Winter) and will be back!

• Soose

2 months ago

Posted... an updated weight loss chart on Juicing Challenge for Beginners... I have lost more weight these last 2 weeks. That's 5 pounds of the 20 pounds the new doc suggested. It may be a blip and go back up for awhile but it amazed me.

I am seeing an increase in the rate of change. Helps me feel a bit more confident about meeting that doc's goal for January. That will be the second appt with this new primary care doc.... I had been tracking very irregularly but knew I was not going at the rate of more than one pound a week; his suggestion would be 20 lbs over 18 weeks.

So I have another 15 lbs to that New Year's goal. Which is now 16 weeks away if I am right. Another 12 pounds beyond that is my original goal.

Sunday nights, I usually set goals, and we have a Family Meeting -- usually nowadays with attention to health. Still need to see if we can briefly do that tonight; the holiday last week has us off.

Actually, more importantly, to me, than any particular rate of losing weight, my health goal is to keep juicing and eating healthily (and aide my whole family in doing so), and I have modified my biking goal. It is now 10 miles/day if I didn't say. I am finding ways to make it palatable (the time exercising). I am liking the 10 miles goal instead of the 45 minutes. The time passes more easily. I also do need to pay attention more to stretching daily. I kind of forget stretching.

• berjim

1 month ago

Soose = Congratulations on your weight loss progress. I agree with your assertion overall health is the main goal. I have gone back and forth for years with gaining and losing weight over and over again. This time I am determined to not let a number on the weight scale derail my healthy lifestyle.

If i saw a number I wanted on the scale it would keep me on track. If it was higher than I wanted I would use it as an excuse (I realized this later) to binge. Down twenty pounds and counting.

I have been using two calendars - one monthly and one quarterly. This kind of gives me an overall perspective, as apposed to just writing my current weight in a notebook, which I would shut and not have as a visual reminder and motivator.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.