Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Onewiththeforce

6 days ago

Guys where are ya'll?

• Soose

6 days ago

More activity on Happy Juicers just now. You know, people who have been at this a long time seem to take breaks now and then. I think people have been busy with the Summer (or Winter) and will be back!

• Soose

1 week ago

Posted... an updated weight loss chart on Juicing Challenge for Beginners... I have lost more weight these last 2 weeks. That's 5 pounds of the 20 pounds the new doc suggested. It may be a blip and go back up for awhile but it amazed me.

I am seeing an increase in the rate of change. Helps me feel a bit more confident about meeting that doc's goal for January. That will be the second appt with this new primary care doc.... I had been tracking very irregularly but knew I was not going at the rate of more than one pound a week; his suggestion would be 20 lbs over 18 weeks.

So I have another 15 lbs to that New Year's goal. Which is now 16 weeks away if I am right. Another 12 pounds beyond that is my original goal.

Sunday nights, I usually set goals, and we have a Family Meeting -- usually nowadays with attention to health. Still need to see if we can briefly do that tonight; the holiday last week has us off.

Actually, more importantly, to me, than any particular rate of losing weight, my health goal is to keep juicing and eating healthily (and aide my whole family in doing so), and I have modified my biking goal. It is now 10 miles/day if I didn't say. I am finding ways to make it palatable (the time exercising). I am liking the 10 miles goal instead of the 45 minutes. The time passes more easily. I also do need to pay attention more to stretching daily. I kind of forget stretching.

• Soose

1 week ago

Morning, Sunshine Clubbers! Where is everyone?

• Onewiththeforce

6 days ago

I'm here

• Soose

2 weeks ago

Evening, Juice Buds! I think I lost my post to this group this morning. I was reporting on my juicing...

My husband pitched in and we made an awesome batch of juice this morning. First, a carrot/ red beet/cuke/celery/apple juice. And there were some kale stalks in there. Not too sweet. I have 4.5 quarts in storage for the next three days.

Next, I took the beet greens from the gold beets (which are waiting on the next carrot juice), and mixed with some parsley, kiwi's and pears, and some lime juice -- calling it green limeade. Just 3 16 oz servings of that.

There's also a bit of the last batch of green juice. And I made enough salad basics to last a few days. And an onion broth (we don't use bone broth).

So we're all set for our short week! I'm grateful I won't have to decide between early juicing (or salad-making) in the morning versus my biking! :)

I am TOTALLY out of carrots, used the last 5 lbs this morning. Haven't been out of carrots all Summer; I kept stocking up the produce fridge because they were on sale for $2.99/ 5 pounds organic. It's a good thing to have several days juice in the fridge because I'm hoping the new sales flyers will show up with some carrots on sale again when the sales change over on Wednesday. :) I'm likely not juicing again until Thursday -- and maybe Friday! (We're not juice only right now, and it takes longer to go thru the juices. My son is not drinking as much right now, either.)

Tomorrow, I plan to get another watermelon -- while they're still on sale, last day Tues. before ads change -- and stow it til we're out of green juice, then use the rind as the basis for a large quantity of green juice to get us thru the weekend. Bulks out our juice quantities.

Be well and juice on!

• Onewiththeforce

2 weeks ago

Anyone here follow the Keto diet?

• Soose

2 weeks ago

What happened to Moose on the Loose? I know Peter is still around.

• Soose

2 weeks ago

Good Morning. I juiced green last night. About 5 quarts of watermelon rind (with very little red fruit), green beans, cuke & celery, pears and kiwi. I'm out of lemons! (They didn't look great at one store and I forgot them at another!) We liked this when we made it last time but it tastes not quite as good. And I haven't yet put in any greens per se which I meant to do. ( Have chard - dandelion, I think still? - parsley - kales - beet greens which need to be used asap - romaine.) I might add something else to it later today.

I prefer having 2 types of juice minimum, but this week I'm only keeping one at any time. My son is drinking very little right now and it's only my husband and me, 2 of us. So I'm alternating between a green juice and a carrot/beet juice, back and forth, with the goal of drinking it all before 3 days are up and replacing it with the other. Variety over time.

• Onewiththeforce

2 weeks ago

On day 5 of 10 wouldnt have made it this far without this amazing community!

• Soose

3 weeks ago

Totally totally out of juice.

• Soose

4 weeks ago

We're going to have another day of resting on laurels -- meaning the big question every day -- I have enough juice in the fridge after spending a massive juicing session on Sunday morning, and one more day of salad mixes is already staged for lunch. Good, because we're headed out for an appointment early. A relief.

We're not drinking as much juice now that everyone is having a salad as well daily.

I'm off to bike, up early. I am finding it easy to bike if I've enough sleep. But someone [who shall be nameless aka a young man who gets his hours swapped around easily ] was making noise in the kitchen at 3:46am and here I am, awake. I can sleep thru a lot but not the bangs, lol. At least he was doing his dishes, pots and pans. And another someone [ El Doggo] had me up at the other end of the sleep cycle due to Thunderstorm Terrors. My muscles FEEL it.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.