Juicing with an eating disorder

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• litnerd23

3 years ago

I've never posted online or searched out any kind of group but I feel like this is the time. I'm 22 and have been binge eating (sometimes also purging) almost every night for about 5 years. I have always been overweight, but in those 5 years I've gained almost 120 lbs and now I am almost at 300 lbs. In the past few years especially I've had really bad bouts of depression and anxiety and complete self-loathing. Now, at my highest weight, I don't hate myself anymore, but I definitely don't want to keep doing this for the rest of my life and let it rule me and cause me health problems. My parents have been lately trying to convince me to do a lapband or gastric bypass surgery so this is really my last chance to try this on me own and avoid surgery, because honestly, if after giving it a real try if I can't control myself and become healthier surgery might be the only option. I'm so young and I just want to live my best life. I'm going to try a juice reboot at least until Christmas (I know realistically I won't be able to keep it up during the holidays with traveling, parties, etc.) and then in the New Year try a 60 day juice fast. Any advice/anything really would be helpful. Thanks!

• bloomsnadversiTE

4 years ago

Just saying hi as I am new here. HI! I have struggled with bulimia and binge/purge most of my life. Three years ago I lost 60+ pounds and had a great hold on healthy eating. Then Life happened - last year I lost my mom who was my best friend and "my rock" in life, I fractured my ankle in August, this January I injured my knee and in July I lost the Love of My Life. I have spent the last 3 weeks realizing that once again emotional eating has taken over my life. I am 49 and I have no kids or spouse at home...so, I am taking this next year of my life for ME. I do best with weight loss and healthy habits when I don't have choices. I like that the Reboots are already planned and I can simply follow directions. I am starting a 10 day Reboot Sunday and I hope to find strength, knowledge and smiles from people here who have experience & excitement about the program!

• jennjmv

4 years ago

I am so sorry to heard about your Mom and also the other challenges you were faced with this past year. Life can throw us some curve balls sometimes. Congrats on the Me year. That is where I am at in life as well. I started my reboot 11/1 but I'm going to go through thanksgiving. I need the discipline. Glad we're juicing together. :)

• jennjmv

4 years ago

I am doing another juicing plan again. I had a good hold on the eating disorder for a while after my juicing stopped. I was eating healthy and doing good with my veggies but I had a family reunion and broke. I call it falling off the wagon. I have not been able to back to healthy eating and put on 10 pounds of the 50 I lost. I need to juice again to teach my self control again. 11/1 I am starting.

• jennjmv

4 years ago

Okay just had Dorritos. Man am I going to miss that

• Newlife

5 years ago

Day 26: Today I eated grilled vegetables and 18cz orange juice + 18cz green juice. I think that my body will need healthy food every day, my stomach is more happy than when I eat sweet meals, big piece of pizza and bad food. The complicated is detect and stop the impulse to eat the forbidden meal...I know that isn't good for me... It's my personal fight..

• DanMiller BettyRae

5 years ago

Thank you for starting this group jennjmv. Three years ago I had a huge eating disorder -- I would eat only sugary sweet things --- hoarf them really bad. I would starve myself during the day, then pig out on pastries, cookies, sweet coffee drinks... then eat huge portions of fried foods, bread at dinner, only to have more sweet ice cream or desserts. After my wife went to bed, I would eat at night in secret..... until one day, she caught me! I had ballooned up to over 350 pounds from this eating habit and food addiction. She got me to watch Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead and the rest is history. Now, I eat more Plants and drink more green juice.... and Weigh Less and have recovered my health. It took a while to get over my food addictions and eating disorder but now I have whole fruits for my sweet treat. I cleaned out my pantry and cleaned up my life. Recovery is possible.... Juicing was a great tool to use, eating plants enabled me to find optimum success.

I hope that I will be able to offer this group some support as I have soooooo been there and done that, and it was community forums here at reboot that helped me get to where I am now.

Juice On! Juice for Weight Loss. Juice for Health. Juice for Life.

Relax & Enjoy ~ Eat & Drink Plants!

Healthy Regards,

Dan Miller - Reboot Ambassador

http://community.rebootwithjoe.com/profile/danmill...

http://community.rebootwithjoe.com/groups/view/cod...

• Newlife

5 years ago

thanks so much for your support! W

• Newlife

5 years ago

Day 25: normal day, as always I desire food at the afternoon. This month I'm on vacation and I have a lot of free time. Tomorrow more!!

• Newlife

5 years ago

Day 24: Yesterday party- today swollen stomach. I eated only an small meals but poti-poti (spanish expression that would says mixted meals without coherence). I need my juice, but first I'm doing an infusion : ginger- cinnamon - cardamomo with lemon and honey.

This next week only juice!! For me the afternoon is complicated, I think food a lot, but I feel so much better. See you!!

• Newlife

5 years ago

Day 23: Today 83.100kg. I have a party and i don't want to go, more temptations. But I think that always I will seeing temptations in the rest of my life. And you know: the compulsive eater never eat in public but when I arrived at home.....

This it's a process to get over the disorder, and I would like to thank the invitation at my co-workers.

• Newlife

5 years ago

Day 22: yesterday I eated ( 18cz orange juice, noodles and veg and 18cz green juice), results today 400 grams more of weight. Now 83,7kg. I need loss 4 kg more, need to see in my scale the number 79,9kg. Until then I'm going to eat only drinks.

One important question: do you know any group or person that finish this diet and how are in this moment about your weight? What's the plan diet after the juice? If I gain the same lossed weight again...i'll will cry

• DanMiller BettyRae

5 years ago

MODIFIED REBOOT WITH FOOD

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/wp-content/uploads/20...

Check all the purple tabs above for those plant-based recipes that are reboot juicing approved and will keep you on the path to lose weight and attain health. Using plant-based recipes will also help you with eating disorder. You CAN eat all you want of plants and green juice, and still find success.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.