TMI - 60 day Reboot

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• kimmy129

5 years ago

Hi, My name is Kim. I would love to join your group. I am planning on doing a 60 day reboot starting tomorrow (11- 9) I have been in training for a fitness competition with the WBFF bikini diva division. My first contest is May of 2014. This summer I was 3 pounds from my goal weight when I had an accident while out jogging in the mountains. I fell and ended up with 50 stitches in my knee and was out of the gym for 10 weeks. I gained weight quickly while laying around so right now I am really ready for a reboot. I am looking forward to detoxing out the drugs they gave me at the hospital plus all the bad food I consumed while recovering. My favorite time to juice fast is through the holiday's. I did it once before and it was great because I was able to avoid all the junk food that comes with the season. So tomorrow is day 1 for me. I am hoping to post here daily for inspiration ;0)

• Sarah

5 years ago

hey nicesty29,

My first 60 day I did juice only. Of course water and herbal teas. But I had a severe health issue to get rid of. My husband did a 10 day juice only and on day four was taken off of his high blood pressure medication.

This time I am having green salads and whole foods in the form of made with fresh fruits and vegetables only, once or twice a day. I am having varied fruits juiced in the am. Some vegetables with apple in it the afternoon. Today am juice was orange, grapefruit, cranberry, apple and grape. My pm juice is cucumber, celery, cranberry, apple, turnip greens (smaller amount due to spicyness) and a small portion of a fresh sugar cane stalk juiced. Food wise today I cooked some fresh turnip green and onion and spices to taste. Turnip greens for me are yummy cooked but barely tolerable juiced. lol ;^)

Hey Djimpactny,

26 days with a 26 pounds lost is awesome. Congratulation!

I started walking two weeks before my starting this my 2nd 60 day reboot. And my energy got low until today when I ran a good portion of my walk this afternoon. The walks where slow at first I mean really slow. I am sure if I could have walked during my first 60 day reboot it would have been helpful. I had too much pain in my entire body when I started the first 60 Day reboot. Hard to believe that was only a year ago.

Sarah

• djimpactny

5 years ago

Thanks!

• Nicesty29

5 years ago
    Thanks Sarah now I dont feel so guilty I had veggie soup last night at a I love pho very healthy basically broth with fresh veggies and herbs... I think going forward I may incorporate this into my fast. I am really trying hard to stick to just juice but I have had a apple or sliced cucumber etc not juiced when hungry. I find it amazing that your hubby did it 10 days and was taken off his BP meds. Hopefully my next doc. visit I can get mine lowered at least. I would like to try your pm juice tell me the recipie because I looking for some really tasty juices. Congrads on your walking that is awesome how much did you lose on your first reboot? I have read that if you only juice you will lose faster vs juicing and eating never the less for me if I am hungry I am going to just do the pho soup veggie of course and or eat a green salad with just cucumbers, tomatoes, shredded carrots with vinger for dressing. I think i am going to cook the red cabbage sense I dont like the taste of it juiced not sure if i used to much but sense I am only on day5 of 60 I know there will be a lot of stuff I will not like because I am just getting my feet wet on the taste buds. I went easy this week and will start back to normal on my exercise routine....
  • djimpactny

5 years ago

No hunger but plenty of cravings! lol I still haven't gotten this big energy boost everybody talks about.

• djimpactny

5 years ago

On day 26 of my 60. Down 26 pounds but still feeling like it should be more.

• amanda

5 years ago

thats an unbelievable loss wow! how do u feel?

• Nicesty29

5 years ago
    Congrats to you djimpactny 26 lbs in 26 days WTH that is freaken awesome! I sure hope by day 26 I am down 26 pounds.... You inspire me to keep going its only day 5 for me and I refuse to step back on the scale until Monday the 11th so that will make a full 7 days. I just hope I can stay strong with the weekend coming. Happy juicing!
  • Sarah

5 years ago

Hey all,

I did a 60 day reboot last year Nov 1 to Dec 30, 2012. Just started Nov 1st another one hoping to do 60 days again this year. Last year I did a reboot to help with autoimmune, Rheumatiod Arthritis that I had been suffering with since 2007. It help so well that I kicked that R.A. to the curb. Lost 30 pounds in addition to losing the autoimmune disorder.

This past year I gained back 10 pounds and decided this year to do a long reboot again to lose weight and get energetic and stronger. This year though since I can walk I have started walking and working in and up to jogging.

The discussion groups where a big help last year when I was feeling week. So here we go again.

Nicesty29 ... Kale has a lot of protein and collards has the highest protein of all of the greens. Last year the first couple weeks I added chia seeds and ground flax seed meal to my juices to help with protein. But dropped them because I started to get so much energy I knew I did not need them.

• Nicesty29

5 years ago
    Thank you sarah, I have a few other quesions as I to am trying to do the 60 day reboot. Did you eat any solid foods durning the 60 days and if so what? I am not a cook, I am used to just basic things salads, grilled chicken, shrimp and fish and lean ground meat turkey or hamburger etc. However, this program just calls for juicing but when you get hungry can you eat some fresh fruit or cooked cabbage etc. Trying to stay as true to the program as I can on day 3 and telling myself every morning when I wake and my feet hit the ground failure is not an option stay strong. So much food at my job its crazy everyone is always saying "Come fix you a plate" now I try to run and hide talk a walk in the parking garage etc...
  • Nicesty29

5 years ago
    Today is only day 2 and I have a slight headache yesterday was day 1 and I did just a small cheat I ate a mini bag of light butter popcorn and I nabbed about 5-6 home cooked potato fries.... Today I was asked how do you get your protein and I thought does the veggies we drink contain protein hum thats a very good question can anyone answer this for this day 2 newbie?
  • pretty

5 years ago

I'm starting the 4th week. I try not to focus on the days but focus on enjoying the experience. These first weeks flew by.

How do you feel? Have you lost weight?

• Kari75

5 years ago

Oh wow- you are on the 4th week! That's awesome!

I am on Day 10 and I really feel great! I cannot believe how my everyday pains are gone. It makes me feel like I was imagining them to begin with, although they were very real and a part of my life for over 6 years!

The first day I lost 5 pounds, now I am losing about a pound a day for a total of 12 pounds lost so far.

Does this 4th week feel as it is going just as fast? How are you feeling now?

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.