Juicing over 40

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Ronelle

5 years ago

I have started today with a 30 day eat and juice journey. All is going well so far; however I battled to finish my salad this afternoon. I am turning 47 this month and have decided this is going to be my gift to myself - health and weight loss. I am becoming a grandmother in July. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired! Please wish me well. I am a food addict who battles to see things through. I am reading posts to keep motivated, because I am alone in this quest at home.:)

• pmarshall08

5 years ago

Good morning from Cairns, Australia. I am a 41 yr old mum on day 2. I had trouble yesterday, went to bed with one doozie of a headache but on the plus side I slept for 8hrs 50mins. Thank goodness I have a fitbit which keeps track for my records. I haven't slept that long in years. I usually get 3-5hrs sleep a night. I have Urticaria which gives me many raised red itchy bumps in rash form all over my body. Sometimes they just appear and other times it can be simply from touching something or lifting something or a reaction from the heat here in Cairns. I also have had major surgery about 15 years ago for two smashed discs which have been successfully fused after two operations. I have had all types of medications and even stayed in bed for 2 years before my last back operation. I have never really known how to eat properly and was bought up on take away so I am very excited to be taking action and to start living a fresh new path in my life. Please add me if you would also like to have a friend who is supportive and won't be judgemental. I am happy by nature and social, I look for the positive in every negative. Day 2 bring it on. :)

• Hiphope

5 years ago

Hi pmarshall08, Wow, you have been through so much. Welcome to a new beginning! I can't wait to hear how much better you feel after juicing for a week or so. You will notice so many changes, make sure to write them down for encouragement. The headaches will pass...maybe by day 4 but stick it out!! Good luck to you!

• Bonnie's Juicing On

5 years ago

I have information on my profile description but briefly I watched Joes documentary 11 months ago and through juicing EVERYDAY and experimenting with low fat raw food for maintenance. I have kept the weight off, and if you continue this will be a life changing experience... This has also lead me to study as a Holistic Health and Nutrition Coach.

I would like to lose a little more, another 8 to 10 kilos before my 46th birthday in August. So far lost 45 pounds or 23 kilos and full of energy and life. For those just starting push through the difficult days, it's worth it!!! Would love to connect with you on your journey and what we experience together so feel free to say H E L L O from where ever you are.

• day2lisa

5 years ago

Hi Everyone! First post :) I started my reboot on March 23, on day 6! This is the longest I have gone on just juice. Got to meet Joe on day 2, so that was a good sign, I figure! Happy to meet the community.

• takesavillage

5 years ago

Hey everyone, I am starting my very first juicing on April 1st. right now i am in the transition faze. I'm already feeling a little tired from cutting back. I know I will need all the support I can get for the first 30 days of juicing. I would love to do 60 but baby steps...lol

• Izzi

5 years ago

Hi takesavillage---Welcome to the neighborhood. Congratulations on taking a big step into the juicing journey. Your body will love you for it. The fatigue you are experiencing at this time is normal and should pass as the detox progresses. Maintain that beautiful smile and juice on!!!

• Rik A.

5 years ago

I've been eating really poorly (too many carbs, a downside of hibernating all winter) so I'm looking forward to my first reboot to get me on a cleaner diet for the spring & beyond. I'm 43 and vegan, but I'm not skinny by any measure! My biggest concern is about where the weight loss will come from -- I read that Joe lost about 70% fat and 30% muscle on his 60-day journey. I 'm concerned about losing that much muscle mass... Anyway, I'm in the process of choosing which juicer to buy and it looks like I'll go with one of the less expensive Brevilles available on Amazon.

Can anyone comment on the juicer they use?

• JacquiDnld

5 years ago

Hi Everyone

I have started my reboot today. Does anyone have any tips to alleviate the dreaded headaches? Or any tips that they think will help me on my journey?

Jacqui

• Lori P

5 years ago

how are you doing today? I don't think you can do anything for those headaches except suffer through and know that by day 4 or 5 you will feel great

• Mateo

5 years ago

New Mexico was pretty sunny today, but still too much wind. Today I weighed in at 232 so I've lost 10 lbs in the past week. I've been very dedicated to the juicing, the hot water and the hot tea. I've also been working out, mainly cardio but two day of weights. My goal through Monday is to break 230. I find that posting and tracking has helped a lot along with befriending some of you and seeing how you all are doing. Well, good luck, and see you tomorrow. Good night!

• TraceyC

5 years ago

Hello all from Toronto Canada, i'm new to juicing, turning over a new leaf and healthier lifestyle! I'm 48 and cant wait to get healthy tomorrow starts my First day!!! Have a wonderful day.

• takesavillage

5 years ago

Nice to meet you TraceyC, I totally new as well. Will be starting on the 1st. Good for you! juice on

• Mateo

5 years ago

Greetings from New Mexico, today its windy here. I started my reboot on March 8th striving for the 30 day reboot. So far I've lost 5 lbs and today is my 5th day, so not doing to shabby. I find myself looking at what I might accomplish by day 20 or 30 but have to remind myself to steady the course and stay focused. By the way, I'm 43 heading to 44. I am happy to see a group for peeps that are over 40. Have a great day!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.