January 2016 Reboot : New Year New Life!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Carine

3 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am doing a 30 days reboot with my husband, today is our day 7. I was doing really well, all juices, no cravings etc etc. Today I was very hungry, cold, moody and disoriented lol I eat. Now I feel bad....

I need help here.I want to loose bout 50lb.

Anybody here felt cold and disoriented on the first week?

Thanks from sunny San Diego!

• lbryant63

3 years ago

YES! I was so cold one night I was shaking. I am on my 7th day. This was night of 5. I felt horrible. I took a hot bath with epsom salt and felt much better. I also have had 2 blood sugar drops, and I don't have any blood sugar issues. I felt frustrated and discouraged. I added some Spirulina every couple hours and that helped tremendously. You can get back on. I am adding a vegetable soup tonight. I have struggled with drinking all the juice required. If you are looking for encouragement, friend me! I am letting my body decide how long I will go. I have had a lot of emotional stuff too!! Hang in there!! :) You are not alone.

• Kristen

3 years ago

I did a 30 day reboot last year and the most difficult part for me was being cold. So I'm doing another now and I have added hot tea after every juice (herbal) - now I know this isn't exactly fasting but I also added 1 scoop of the pea protein once a day and a teaspoon of fat twice a day. I feel cold still but I also feel much more able to continually be up moving etc and not just a zombie. I am not so cold that I feel I must eat. I also figured out that last time with the size of my juices I was getting about 600 calories a day. So check that too- I think we have to cover our basal metabolic rate or feel that cold kick in- I just didn't want to juice another juice so I make them bigger etc. I haven't weighed myself but hope I do still lose the weight.

• Kristen

3 years ago

I also wanted to add in my last reboot twice I fell off the wagon at a meal- but seriously- in the big picture of 30 days it was fine!!!! You can do it. Fall down. Get back up! You got it!!!

• lbryant63

3 years ago

Good Morning everyone. I am now on day 6 of this juice fast. I have had some issues, but doesn't seem to be like many of you. I have not been craving food at all. I have had a couple of blood sugar drops, that scared me. I have never dealt with this before. I usually do protein in the morning, so that isn't issue. However, just juicing doesn't seem to be giving me enough of that. I also woke up at 1 am and was FREEZING! I got up and took a hot bath, and that helped tremendously. I put epsom salts in it as well, because I have been having some leg cramping. I am being supervised by a ND, and she has added some other herbs to juicing. I know I am not drinking enough juice. I certainly can't do 16 oz in one sitting. My question is, do you guys sip your drink throughout the day, or do you have periods in between of where you are not consuming juice? I have been somewhat discouraged that I don't feel better than I do, this far into it. But, maybe that is normal? Any comments WELCOMED!!

• Kristin

3 years ago

Hi everyone--I am a new member here. This is my second reboot. I did a 10 day juice only about a year ago. I was very successful--I lost 10 lbs and was able to stick to juicing only for the whole 10 days. After the reboot I was able to stay away from gluten (for GI issues) and processed foods for 6 months. Then, we went to Italy and Holland last summer and I just couldn't resist pizza, pasta, fried fish etc. when we returned I went back to to many of my old eating habits. So...I'm trying again! I'm on day 4 and I'm still having cravings. I'm using the app this time (something I didn't do last time) and it has me juicing and eating soups and salads. I'm not able to eat all of the food in the plan ( although if it were chips and cookies I'm sure I would have no problem eating that much!). I was very tempted today but stuck with the plan. I do need some support to keep going!

• Kristen

3 years ago

I had a good day learning about how I have been eating my feelings and juicing takes that away- in a good way. Feeling my feelings and knowing what's going on for me hasn't felt like a luxury I could have after the birth of two children , having very young kids and then the death of two family members. I think I'm feeling again. It's all going to be ok. Praying for the grace to know how to love my kids with an open hand and not squeeze too tightly! and how to actually show up in my friends' lives without hiding for fear of feeling things again. It's worth it! Courage

• lbryant63

3 years ago

I am now on Day 5. Overall, I am feeling pretty good. I did have some leg cramps this morning, and took some potassium. Even tho they tell you not to take supplements, I have taken some things. I know what you mean Kristen, about dealing with grief. I am keeping a journal of my day, including feelings and different symptoms that come up. I commend you Kristen for looking at this part of of our walk. I too hid after my first husband died. I am now remarried, but my whole personality has changed. I lost 60 lbs since he died, but still have had to deal with a variety of different physical issues, mainly due to grief. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. :) - We are in this together!!!

• Becky D.

3 years ago

I have a question, if I missed one of my juices, because of being out running to long, do I drink them and or just do the dinner and evening juice? made sure I drank my water and continuing...

• Tanoo

3 years ago

as long as you dont starve yourself, i think it should be ok. the best thing about juicing/raw vegan diet is we dont have to control our portion size, we can eat as much as we want.. :)

• lbryant63

3 years ago

Hi everyone. I am 4 days the reboot. I have been having some health issues, and knew it was time. I am looking for positive encouragement on this journey, with others who are ready to take control of their life. I have had a lot of stress and grief issues for the past 4 yrs which contributed to my health issues. I am ready to address them head on! Here's to the best healthiest year!!!!!

• NewDayDawning

3 years ago

All the very best in your reboot. I, too, am having health issues. I have enjoyed great health my entire life. Packing around this extra weight is inconvenient, but not eating properly for too long is now cashing in its tokens. I am day 1. I've done 1 before and made it to day 5. my bad habits stayed with me after that and I am revisiting the "determination d-day". I hope the very best for all of us here!

• Tanoo

3 years ago

I think 3-5 days is very short time to yield any drastic results :) From what I have learnt, and from my own personal experience, we need atleast 21 days to form any new habits or get rid of the bad ones... i did the reboot for 21 days in 2014 but the outcome was so fruitful...

for example,

I did not have any cravings for any junk food like pizza, candy, cakes... earlier they were my weakness..

I did crave for greens salads time and again,

my energy level went up ,

• Tanoo

3 years ago

what i would suggest is not to start exercise till after one week into juicing.... Our body is in a shock [a good one, ofcourse:)] and so it needs time to get adjusted to the new lifestyle... I started this diet on tuesday, and will start exercising from tomorrow for half an hour.... i have a busy weekday schedule, so I might just do stair climbing at work during lunch...

I have noticed one amazing thing: usually i'd be so tired in the evenings, we'd usually eat out in the night if we are out whole day... but today, even though we had a busy sunday, i had the energy to cook dinner.... I am so surprised and happy.... this lifestyle had such a positive impact on me and my health earlier, I wish i could do it more often...

• Tanoo

3 years ago

this was with regards to Kristen's comment..

• Kristen

3 years ago

Howdy everyone! Great job! I started a 30 day reboot on the 1st of January - went 7 days and fell off the wagon. I had not looked on here for support at the time! Now I have started and stopped (or just ate something) several times. I'm starting the free reboot with Joe tomorrow- I think it's five days- but I'm just really aware to make it 30 days of juicing only, I need to interact with a community! I'm looking forward to supporting one another!!! I have done a 35 day reboot last year - and it really gave me great healing and wellness! All the best!

• mic48

3 years ago

Hi everyone! I have a question: the 15 day guided plan starts on thursday this week. It begins with 5 days of planned food prior to full juice. At this point, I should be at day 3 of the preplan, but I didn't sign up until last night. Do I jump in at day 3? Thanks

• Kristen

3 years ago

I think you can go cold turkey bc that works for me... But it depends if that works for you... ????

• Tanoo

3 years ago

Hi Kristen,

Nice to hear from you!! I remember from my last reboot, this community/groups helped me a lot, Lets all keep this group lively and interactive with out thoughts/comments/suggestions and helpful hints...

• Tanoo

3 years ago

Hello Fellow Reebooters!!!

Happy New Year! Let us all make this year a lifechanging one with better health!!

I am Tanu. I had done 21 day reboot two years ago and lost 20 lbs. Healthwise, it was one of the best things to have happened to me....

This time, I plan to go more than 21 days.

How about you all?

Lets keep this group live and interactive, and lets help each other overcome any hurdles that come during this reboot... We all can share what we are consuming, I am on day 5 of the reboot and have lost 5 lbs so far. Feel free to introduce yourself and post on our group wall. Initial 3 days, I had frequent headaches, which went away since yesterday. I am feeling energetic. I havent started exercise yet. But will do so next week...

Regards,

Tanu

• Kristen

3 years ago

Tanu, I love your positive mindset! I did a 35 day reboot last year. I started another this year on the first and fell off the wagon now on and off since day 8! I do exercise- I go to spinning at the Y. I'm trying to figure out how I had the will power last time and this time have waivers. Ready to have a clean sweep starting tomorrow!!! Hope it's all going well for you!!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.