Saying GOODBYE to 100lbs or more!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• JuiceeJuice

5 years ago

Shunned, you are just a machine. Now you too are officially less than me :D This shows that when you work it and you don't use excuses it works!!! Way to go girl <3

• Natshell62

5 years ago

fittobeme - I've heard different things about 80/20. Some people (like me) just eyeball it. I look at the produce I've laid out for a juice and try to the best of my ability to make sure that it is (volume-wise) at least 80% veggie. Some people actually look at calorie content and make sure that only 20% of the calories they consume in any given day is from fruit. That's too much work for me;o) As in most things I just do the best I can. If you want more guidance, here is an article about that subject: 80/20 Golden Reboot Rule

• fittobeme

5 years ago

Thank you for your help!! :-)

• Natshell62

5 years ago

JUICINGGEEZWOMAN - funny how nobody questioned me about whether I was getting enough protein while I went through enough junk food and fast food to get to 340 lbs but now they are SO worried about it.... ;o)

• Natshell62

5 years ago

SING - a bunch of us seem to be jumping back into juice fasting this week! The more the merrier:) I started back today. I went straight back to just juice since I've been eating high-raw, 90% plant based already.

TAFFY - I think I think that when family members and friends see you losing weight over the holidays there will be a few more new converts! LOL

SHUNNED - You are such an inspiration! My granddaughter was sitting beside me this morning and asked my why that little devil was naked. LOL I said, "that's the lil devil that tries to get my friend Heather to eat bad things but Heather whoops it's little fanny!" ROFL

UCANTIMAGINE - I also use stainless steel bottles I got in the sporting goods section or glasses and a tap filter. I would like to get a true filtration system at some point but for now this is the best I can do.

• Natshell62

5 years ago

HEATHIE and anyone else interested. Here are some of the people I follow that have a lot of knowledge and inspiration to share about fasting or raw food or vegan lifestyles: this is off the top of my head so not comprehensive. I'm trying to get a good list attached to the side bar on my blog but the gadget isn't working. (Note - these are all youtube channels and in RANDOM order.)

1. GFVeganlife - Mia Sansom She has been at this for several years and is A.Ma.Zing. Look at her older videos to compare. Ohmigosh!

2. Raw Raw Life - If juicing and eating raw can leave you as gorgeous and awesome as this woman, sign me up! She is funny and knowledgeable - great comination.

3. Liferegenerator - former drug addict who is very much into the mental, spiritual aspect. He is a bit crazy and fun to watch but a HUGE source of knowledge and information.

4. Ka Sundance - Love this guy and his gorgeous family. Inspiration for what a raw lifestyle (even the kids) can be like. Their videos are done in gorgeous locations which doesn't hurt.

5.FatWomanGoesRaw - Kim - Funny, inspirational, and really embodies the Never Give Up.

6. FullyRawKristina - I doubt she has ever had to lose a pound in her life but she is great for info on raw/vegan stuff.

7. Reach4Raw - Cookie - Beautiful British gal who started the 90 Day Christmas Challenge group I (and Jana:) belong to on fb.

8. Okraw - John actually has several channels and he owns discountjuicers.com He has TONS of wisdom and knowledge about juicing and organic gardening etc. I follow Okraw and discountjuicers and growingyourgreens on youtube:)

9. SteveCrider - he did a 100 day juice fast and lost something like 100 lbs but went back to the wrong kinds of foods and is trying to get back to juice fasting. He is brutally honest about his journey and what he does right and wrong. He is the reason I was obsessed while on my first juice fast with making sure I had an EXTREMELY HEALTHY food plan set up to come off of juice fast onto.

My blog is Brand New Natshell. It is linked on my wall. I will try to get the list of links attached to my sidebar as soon as I can:) Also will have a few who are a great source for recipes if you are going raw and/or vegan.

(Full disclosure - I'm friends on fb with Kim and Cookie. They are awesome.)

• Shunned

5 years ago

hehe nat thank you! I sure do will be doing it this weekend. nothing bad in our house thank god I swear right around that time of month its like the wheels want to come off.. so far so good Im not to worried :)

• fittobeme

5 years ago

Good afternoon again!!

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to implement the 80/20 rule. I have all of these fruits and vegetables, but am stumped in forming a balanced menu.

• fittobeme

5 years ago

I hope everyone is doing well today!! ????

I'm so excited to be starting day 2/60!! Last night, I went to the gym, I biked 10 miles in 65 minutes. I also walked 6.3 miles yesterday. I've already walked 2.8 miles this morning!! Yay for me!!

This forum is great. I've had a rough 15 months. In July 2012, I fell and suffered a brain injury, that has not healed. My doctors expect me to be in recovery at least 5 years. Prior to my accident, I was a 4.0 doctoral student, now I have a lot of vision problems, and cognitive issues. So, if I respond oddly at some point, it means that I misunderstood something.

• JuicingGeezWoman

5 years ago

Happy Saturday everyone!

I an now on Day 19 and successful so far doing straight juicing. On Oct 1, I weighed in at 241, This morning I weighed in 222.2. A loss of 18.8 of as this morning. I'm very very pleased with myself. I am mainly drinking green juice as it gives me the energy boost I need to get myself throughout the day. A lot of people at work see me drinking the green juice and one said you are not getting any protein! and I told him Kale and Spinach was high in protein and he proceeded to look online trying to dispute me. I never heard back from him the rest of the day, so he must've figured, huh. lol. My idea of starting the juicing was because I figured it would make my transition to eating plant based foods much more easier and more appreciative. I have eaten plant based foods but only to fall off and return to the old way of eating and gain my weight back.

I am trying to do this for 46 days straight. (Try). My goal is try to get to 130. Which is a total of 111 pounds. 92.2 lbs more to go. Short term goal II said 150. But long term I wish to get to 130. So I will need all the support I can get. and I support all of you. Way to go everyone! You're all so inspiring.

Have a wonderful weekend!

The Woman!

• Dee Dee

5 years ago

What about water? We all know about plastic water bottles. So that leaves water cooler service, pitcher filters, faucet filters and straight tap. Any opinions, reviews, etc?

• Shunned

5 years ago

I have a forty ounce stainless steel canteen I use love it,found it on amazon!

• Shunned

5 years ago

all new low this morning!!!! I nearly cried :) 237!!!! thats all the willpower I need to get threw weekend with out eating to much!

• JuicingGeezWoman

5 years ago

Hi Shunned. Awesome. Patting your back. You can get through the weekend. I've done it the last two weekends. If I can, anyone can. :) Stay strong, and when you see something you mentally think you want to eat, just remind yourself and focus yourself in why you're doing this in the first place. There's a difference between need and want. I've fought this for years. Don't let want win!! :)

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.