Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Katyast

5 years ago
    Nat - you have really pretty daughters!
  • Katyast

5 years ago
    Hi All!
    I'd like to join if that's ok. I have about 160 - 165 lbss to lose.

As the title goes - I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired and embarrassed at my limitations. Recently the most embarrassing event for me was when a coworker wanted to give me a ride home. I couldn't buckle up. She tried and tried all the while I was completely mortified. Then she said the seatbelts were bigger in the back, so we went to the back to buckle me in and she tried and tried and tried. I never realized that I couldn't fit into a seatbelt up until that point.....

My weight range goal varies so much because I've never been lower than 160lbs. So I don't know what my ideal is. In my head, my ideal is 135 - 140. So I have more than half of me to lose

And shunned, I'm so happy to know that you are in this group! (I swear I'm not stalking you). I came across your photos yesterday, and they inspired me, so I did a little happy dance when I saw this group and joined and realized you were here as well.

Kathy
  • Shunned

5 years ago

Katyast your funny! Feel free to follow me, pick my brain as me anything! I have had such wild success with changing my life threw juicing I am happy to share it. this is after spending my life heavy and losing and gaining weight over and over again. I had a similar expericance with seat belts.. I stopped going to certain places that I knew was hard to sit when it came to going on to eat.. the list is endless and heartbreaking. It boggles my mind. I have never minded being curvy I prefer it :) but my love of food and my emotonal eating and bored eating was a very bad combo. its a fight everyday believe me but Im doing it. Give yourlsef a chance you will sirprise yourself at how much your mind changes about food :) But dont let you guard down! I still cant!!

• Jana

5 years ago

Good morning,

I had some sort of stomach virus over the weekend and am finally feeling better. Good news? I lost 2.6 pounds! Talk about the hard way.

Had to eat some crackers yesterday, that was the only thing that could settle my stomach. Being diabetic I had to ingest some sort of carbs. However, I am back on the 100% juice this morning, called in sick from work since I am still weak as a kitten.

Wow this thread is blowing up! Thank-you Natalie! Just goes to show the need is great for those of us who have over 100+ to lose. Will try to catch up on everyones post today.

Have a great day, keep on juicing!

• fezziwig

5 years ago

Just a question, everyone keeps saying how easy it is to post a picture here on the threads, but I can't seem to make it work. I LOVE the new ease of posting my avatar, and I have had no trouble posting pics in my profile, but I can't seem to be able to post any pics within my posts here. I see that several of you have done it successfully. Any ideas or further instructions for me?

Thanks, Fezz

• JuiceeJuice

5 years ago

Fezz,

Click on the middle Icon right above the box you are typing. A box will appear. On the bottom left corner you will see it says "Choose File" and click on that it will open a box that will take you to your computer files. Find which picture you want and click on it and press open. It will show the box with lines moving showing that the picture is loading. Then you Click Insert (though mine automatically appeared on here under my text). Finish what you write on here and then click comment.

Hope this works.

Photo of PA turnpike Tolls.

• Natshell62

5 years ago

Thanks Juicee:) This format for inserting photos and links etc is just like they do it on Ravelry so it seemed easy to me but not everyone has used that sort of interface. So it's easy once you've been told how it works! LOL

• fittobeme

5 years ago

Good morning!

Yesterday was my third day juicing, I juiced in the morning, with the intent to stay on my 60 day plan, but then I caved. My husband is a pastor, and our church threw a pastor appreciation dinner for the pastoral staff. I felt bad not eating after all of their hard work.

My husband wants to start the 15-day reboot plan today. Last night, I told him I'd join him for moral support. I figure I can always continue juicing afterwards, and I also feel that it's not a waste of time. I'll still be losing weight and getting healthy. I think sometimes we have to be able to compromise a little in our plans, as long as we're not sabbatoged by others. What do you think?

• Taffy the Great!

5 years ago

Natshell62, I am blown away... I didn't look at myself in the mirror for most of my adult life, and still avoid looking at my body for the most part, but I didn't realize I wasn't "the only one" and it is a very powerful experience to read what you wrote, especially since it's only been two months for you and you've already had such a shift mentally; thank you to everyone who shares your posts from the heart and inspires others here, I've never been part of a group that touched me so deeply before.

• Natshell62

5 years ago

Welcome to the group Aisha! You are definitely not alone! I wouldn't trade the changes that I've made from juicing for ANYTHING! I used to never ever look in the mirror. Now, when I look in the mirror I am surprised. Not because I've lost so much weight, I'm still near the beginning of my journey too, but because I no longer FEEL like an obese woman. I feel healthy, energetic and alive! That's after just 2 months. It is pretty cool to imagine what life will be like 6 months or a year from now:)

• aisha88

5 years ago

I am glad to be apart of this group. I need to lose about 150 pds. Well, actually I am about five feet tall so according to my bmi I need to lose about 210 pds, but I don't want to be that small. I definitely would take anything over the current weight I am now. I am so ready for this lifestyle change. I look in the mirror and don't like what I see or how I feel. So, goodbye to her and hello to the real me. We are all going to get through this together.

• Daisy

5 years ago

Natshell I went to shunned's profile - OMG what a transformation! Shunned what an achievement, you've lost a whole person! So, so inspiring. Well done seems a bit of an understatement. Can I ask how long it has taken you?

I love the idea of all the nutrients nourishing the body and giving it the best chance of healing so it makes sense the skin will be at its best to shrink back. I'm looking forward to exercising more - already my plantar fascia (I think that's right?!) has improved and I'm walking more.

Natshell I'm off to your blog now, thanks for the link,

Thank you ladies for the feedback and making me welcome. X

• Shunned

5 years ago

thank you Daisy :) you making me blush! I started in Jan of this year the 15th actually. its been just over 9 months, I hit my goal in augest and decided I wanted a 25 pound buffer. When I am done I will be down 175 pounds :) shocks me just to think about it. I started the hour work outs 7 days a week my second week of juicing. did that the whole winter and now I take one day off a week.

I had issues with my feet for years just like you, I found a shoe that healed them for me. I loved them and would not have functioned with out them. check them out if you feel like it. they are called Kuru. they have a website.

• Natshell62

5 years ago

DAISY - of course you can read my blog! That's why I write it;o) I figure if anything I have learned helps or inspires ANYONE else, then it's worth my time. Here is a link: BRAND NEW NATSHELL

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.