Saying GOODBYE to 100lbs or more!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Natshell62

5 years ago

Welcome to the group Aisha! You are definitely not alone! I wouldn't trade the changes that I've made from juicing for ANYTHING! I used to never ever look in the mirror. Now, when I look in the mirror I am surprised. Not because I've lost so much weight, I'm still near the beginning of my journey too, but because I no longer FEEL like an obese woman. I feel healthy, energetic and alive! That's after just 2 months. It is pretty cool to imagine what life will be like 6 months or a year from now:)

• aisha88

5 years ago

I am glad to be apart of this group. I need to lose about 150 pds. Well, actually I am about five feet tall so according to my bmi I need to lose about 210 pds, but I don't want to be that small. I definitely would take anything over the current weight I am now. I am so ready for this lifestyle change. I look in the mirror and don't like what I see or how I feel. So, goodbye to her and hello to the real me. We are all going to get through this together.

• Daisy

5 years ago

Natshell I went to shunned's profile - OMG what a transformation! Shunned what an achievement, you've lost a whole person! So, so inspiring. Well done seems a bit of an understatement. Can I ask how long it has taken you?

I love the idea of all the nutrients nourishing the body and giving it the best chance of healing so it makes sense the skin will be at its best to shrink back. I'm looking forward to exercising more - already my plantar fascia (I think that's right?!) has improved and I'm walking more.

Natshell I'm off to your blog now, thanks for the link,

Thank you ladies for the feedback and making me welcome. X

• Shunned

5 years ago

thank you Daisy :) you making me blush! I started in Jan of this year the 15th actually. its been just over 9 months, I hit my goal in augest and decided I wanted a 25 pound buffer. When I am done I will be down 175 pounds :) shocks me just to think about it. I started the hour work outs 7 days a week my second week of juicing. did that the whole winter and now I take one day off a week.

I had issues with my feet for years just like you, I found a shoe that healed them for me. I loved them and would not have functioned with out them. check them out if you feel like it. they are called Kuru. they have a website.

• Natshell62

5 years ago

DAISY - of course you can read my blog! That's why I write it;o) I figure if anything I have learned helps or inspires ANYONE else, then it's worth my time. Here is a link: BRAND NEW NATSHELL

• Natshell62

5 years ago

About the loose skin, click on Shunned's name or pic and go to her profile and then click on "Photos" and look at her before and after pic. I've actually seen a more recent pic of her and she looks even more toned now! She doesn't appear to have any loose skin to me. SHUNNED have you had any trouble with that? KATIE? Any of you who have already hit 100 lbs gone or close to it, fill us in! I know everyone is different and it may partially on your own body but from everyone I have seen or talked to about this, it doesn't seem to be a huge problem. I suspect the huge flood of nutrients we are giving our body with juice helps it to recover better than other rapid weight loss methods and, of course, feeling good enough to get and stay active helps a ton! I know all this crazy energy I have has to be step in the right direction.

• Shunned

5 years ago

loose skin... my biggest problem area is my stomach. that being said it is shrinking. do I care if I can wear a two peice not at all! My arms had some excess skin going on but since taking up toning and aorobic at start of summer I have noticed a huge difference! It really does work. I drink lots of water and still drink atleast one juice a day as well. considering I have gone from 396 pounds to 237 the skin issue is not nearly anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be. I know its hard to start a good work out regime but I really think thats whats helped me.

• Natshell62

5 years ago

Thanks for the info Shunned. I know you don't LOOK like you have any saggy skin. I am really working my arms til they about fall off in the pool to try to get rid of the "waving flags." LOL And you know I'm going to have to do some sweatin' with Richard when the doctor releases me:)

• Daisy

5 years ago

Thank you for the welcome Natshell, you're right everyone does benefit when we are in a better place. I'm amazed how much better I am for loosing just 14lbs - less aches, more energy - can't wait for the 100 to go! have been checking out some of the YouTube stuff it really is a learning curve isn't it. Is the blog Fezziwig mentions yours? Can I get to see it, do you have a link please, I'd love a read if that's ok.

Taffy I'm also curious about the loose skin - not great but think I would trade being a healthy weight.

Fezziwig (great name btw) I agree with your thoughts on certain things being like an addiction and abstinence being the only way. Maybe in time though things could change but for now avoiding seems to be the best thing for me.

• Shunned

5 years ago

Morning everyone. hope your sunday is nice! got up at 730 did my hardest work out (im crazy) then juiced and went out and worked in yard, its cold and windy and I love it! came in around 1230 with hubbs and made lunch.

I make it a point to do alot of toning and have really noticed a big difference with my arms as well as other areas :) Many of you know I love richard simmons.. I picked up his new 3 dvd set and he includes toning and its made a difference.

trying to relax rest of day but I am not very good at that !

• Natshell62

5 years ago

FEZZIWIG - A lot of people have mentioned having a hard time posting comments on there. I have sent a query to google but... well, it's google:/

Thanks for reading my blog! But you already knew we were kindred spirits didn't ya'? LOL

Your post made me think of a youtube video by my one of my VERYVERY favorite people that I forgot to put on my list! The channel is Raw Raw Life and it is fantastic! Can't remember who referred me but it was someone on Fabulous Fatties. For one thing, I am totally jealous of a woman who can look that gorgeous bald! Anyway, on the subject of food junkies, you really have to watch this video. It's pretty funny and totally spot on.

Raw Raw Life - Trigger Foods

• Natshell62

5 years ago

fittobeme - There are no "plans" for 60 day fasts on this site. I suspect it is for legal reasons. The "industry" would likely come after him if he did. He can't come out and tell you to do just juice for longer than ten days. Doesn't change the amazing results that many many people have had doing 30, 60 or even 100 days. Mia Sansom did 138! I have some friends here who work out quite strenuously while juice fasting. I believe that you should let your body be your guide. JuicingScottsdale did Bikram Yoga throughout his 60 day fast. That is some serious stuff!! If you don't seem to have enough energy to make a lot of progress then just realize that you WILL be much more able to progress as the pounds come off and you transition back to food. If you are working out and feeling great, then by all means, work out! I DO! I spend 2-3 hours working out in the pool several times a week. Before starting juicing, I could barely last 20 minutes. And yes, that was WHILE juice fasting:) No worries! Do what your body can happily do!

• Natshell62

5 years ago

Wish we could edit our posts. The "barely lasting 20 minute" was before I started juice fasting. Within a couple of weeks of starting my juice fast, while on nothing but juice, I increased to an hour and then 2-3 hours at a time and then going home with plenty of energy to do other things too! Don't think my post was very clear. Sorry!

Aaaand... of course we CAN edit our posts. I have even done it a few times. So that was under the "brain fart" category:/

• fittobeme

5 years ago

I appreciate your input!! So far, my body is doing great, not saying that my muscles don't get soar. Lol I'm on day 3 and still working out the kinks of how to, regardless of this fact, I'm all in on this method. My husband is joining me tomorrow. He's going to do the fifteen day plan. I'm wondering if I should join him, because his will power can be low sometimes. I really want him to succeed.

• fezziwig

5 years ago

Natalie, I just went and read your blog. Wow, you are truly my kindred spirit. You said all the things I have been knowing and believing and feeling and learning. Especially about the (food) addictions. There is no such thing as 'one bite' for those of us who are truly addicted. That is why I had to give up meat. I had to admit to myself that I am a meat addict. (I almost put WAS a meat addict, but I realized I had to put AM). There was no such thing as moderation for me when it came to meat. I said in a previous post somewhere, it's like offering an addict a little bit of cocaine. I had to come to the realization that total abstinence was the only way out for me. (Btw, I tried to post my comment on your blog but it wanted me to sign in with Google, and the sign in page was having fits and spasms. I don't think it's your blog because that has happened to me several times before on other sites. It's something with google). Anyway, thank you for your wonderful blog, it is truly inspiring. Fezz

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.