Saying GOODBYE to 100lbs or more!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Mishmashy

5 years ago

Good morning, hope it's okay to join.

I am Michelle. I'm in day 21 of my JF. It's going well, I love the support and ideas in these groups. 3 yrs ago after some health issues, my weight creeped up to 313lbs +..that's just last recorded. Through better health and another diet last yr (hcg), I got to around 240lbs, started JF at 242lbs Oct 2nd.

I weigh on Wednesdays, last week I was 227lbs. My goal is to get under 200 for the first time since my son was born 17 years ago..I am DETERMINED! LOL (at least right now..I know struggles come and go) :) My son and I.

• Mishmashy

5 years ago

tried to add a picture of us but it is lost in cyber land...lol

• Natshell62

5 years ago

Katyast I was watching one of my motivation videos on youtube the other day, can't remember who, maybe Dr. Fuhrman? He said that obese people are the last group that society deems it "okay" to make fun of. I can't even imagine someone as rude and unkind as the ones on the bus you described. What could possess someone to act like that? I would have asked for the one gal's proof that she paid for the extra seat that she needed for "medical reasons" and if she didn't I would complain to the company. Some people never make it past their high school mentality, I swear... Just think, each bus trip from here on out will be a bit more pleasant each time. Little mini-victories that nobody will know is happening except you. And all of us when you come tell us about it:)

Daisy there are certain restaurants I just won't go to if all they have is booths and little spindly chairs. Many booths I would have to squish into and then not plan to breathe for the duration of the meal and spindly chairs? No thanks. I've heard of people who actually broke the chair in a restaurant and I don't care to experience that humiliation. So I just go the ones I know have good seating. Of course, I rarely eat out these days. Can't afford to budget wise plus I've stopped eating the kind of food they serve at most of them. I live near Tulsa, Oklahoma and healthy foods are pretty rare. Okies pretty much eat like the deep South and Texas combined. Deep fat fried everything, bbq is king, and meat eating is practically a sport. I just love thinking how good it will feel to not even have to consider those issues when going into a restaurant or anywhere else for that matter. Not looking around the room to ascertain that I am, of course, the biggest person in the room. Or that little shameful bit of relief I feel on the occasion when I spot someone bigger than me to know that, for once, I'm not. One of my blogs was me trying to explain how differently I think about and talk about myself, both to others and to myself. But those old habits like assessing the room and trying desperately to become invisible will take time to die.

• Daisy

5 years ago

Taffy & Kayast - I can completely relate to the seat belt thing. Also fitting in chairs - there is a cafe near us that have the smallest sort of bucket shaped seats, I stopped going a long time ago because I had to squeeze in and felt trapped, getting out was hanging onto the arms and prizing myself out - sounds almost funny, but I would spend the whole time with whoever I was with thinking about it, how I looked, how uncomfortable I was, what if the chair collapsed..... I'm surprised I ever managed to hold a conversation BUT my goal is to go back there, sit down and cross my legs :-)

I think the Greyhound trips sound dreadful - how rude of people, what is it that makes people think insulting a larger person is ok? like they have no feelings at all. I won't go on a coach, I rarely go on a bus and if I do I stand. Last time I flew I nearly dislocated my wrist getting the seat belt on - never again!!

Onwards and upwards ladies....

• Katyast

5 years ago

Taffy - I wish that was my only story. I often take the greyhound in the winter time when I visit my parents. Better in a bus than driving those windy ice roads on my own. The seat beside me is always the last to be taken (actually even on the city bus, the homeless man who hasn't bathed gets more seat buddies than I do). This one tiny little mini woman sat beside me. The entire trip she made me feel like shit. Was complaining about my size for 7 hours, jabbing me with her elbow complaining about no elbow room and my size. I was so humiliated.

Similar story happened on another trip. The bus was packed where I got on, only a few aisle seats left. I asked to sit by one lady who's excuse was she needed the seat due to medical (sure enough she produced a note). The lady behind her heard her excuse and tried to do the same. At that point I refused to feel like crap and told her I'm sitting down. She was so rude to me, jabbing at my size and then in the next hour tried to make small talk. First seat that emptied I took. The ironic thing - a lady of her same nationality got on the bus who wasn't much smaller than myself. She welcomed her to her seat without any prompt.

I wouldn't even dream of flying. I've always wanted to take a helicopter ride or the small plane tours they offer in Vancouver around the area, I just know me weight would be an issue, so why bother the humiliation... January 1st is when I'll catch my next bus, so hopefully I'll be smaller by then and won't be as humiliated.

I'm really glad this group was started. Although the other community groups have like minded goals, until you get to the size where you need to lose a person in body weight.... it's nice to be with a group that has been there done that, experienced the same and felt the same feelings. It's also great that we have members here that have gone ahead of us and have lost 100+ lbs. So thank you all :)

You all have a very lovely night. I'm off or I won't be waking up early and will be falling asleep at my desk. I think I'll need to make an energy green juice :)

• aisha88

5 years ago

I am going to start my first reboot on Wednesday. I have been reading the post in this group and I know that it is possible. Like many others have said I feel safe here talking about my weight with others that can understand how hard it is. I feel like I have been awaken. I have been doing a lot of thinking lately and I am like this is it. I want it so bad. I have a new motto now No food is worth it. I would use food as a crutch, but the crutch is broken and I don't want it anymore. Thanks you guys. I will probably be on here everyday for my first reboot reading all of the encouraging posts.

• Taffy the Great!

5 years ago

Thank you Natshell62 for being so encouraging and always sharing from your heart; I think you are a genuinely wonderful and caring person!

• Natshell62

5 years ago

THank you!

• Taffy the Great!

5 years ago

Katyast, I have a recent seat belt story, in fact I'm starting my juice fast ASAP because of it; I have a flight scheduled for Dec 5, and when I flew in June/Sept, I couldn't fasten the seat belt! In the past I strained myself fastening them, but the additional pounds I've gained in the past four years have made it impossible! I was SO afraid the flight attendants would notice and bring the extension... my heart was pounding, my face was hot and I wanted to disappear! I put my shirt over the ends of the belt, which were nowhere NEAR each other, and PHEW... the flight attendants walked by without noticing, on six different flights! There was a guy across the aisle who saw me struggling, that was embarrassing, and when we hit turbulence, I was so afraid that the plane was going to drop and I'd be on the ceiling, while everyone else was buckled into their seats... I'm laughing now because I finally know how to lose the weight, but I was really afraid at the time, and of all things, I didn't want to fly out of my seat and reveal that I wasn't wearing my seat belt... geez, the shame of being overweight is such a burden, I'm relieved to be getting on with my weight loss. On my next flight Dec 5, I'm going to take a pic and post it here of my seat belt fastened - that is my first goal!!!

• Jessie Homan

5 years ago

Just started today. So inspiring to see people making it so far. I am just shy of 5'2" and stared the day at 271. I was 293, my goal weight is 143. I have spent the last year feeling awful and really need to clean out my system and get healthy. So looking forward to getting to know you all. Glad to know I am not alone.

• Taffy the Great!

5 years ago

Hi Jessie, I am new as well, congrats on starting... I am 5'2" myself, 250's-260's. I see you've already lost 22 pounds, that's great... looking forward to getting my juicer and starting soon, we will probably face some similar challenges in the weeks ahead, as well as some similar victories :)

• Shunned

5 years ago

just wanted to say goodnight to everyone. may you have have loads of success and lots of juice and water :D

• Natshell62

5 years ago

JANA - I'm so glad you are feeling better! There are quite a lot of bugs going around right now. I don't think I would stress the crackers, personally. If I have a stomach virus, I will be finding something soothing that will stay down. Hopefully I'll have my dehydrator before I have to face that so that I can make veggie crackers. NO desire to go back to gluten flu....

KATYAST - I'm so glad you joined us! I haven't really settled for certain on an ultimate goal weight either. I haven't been under 180 in about 30 years so who knows really. I looked pretty decent at 180 but I was definitely overweight. I don't believe in going by the BMI charts (as I talked about in the post with two of my daughters on page 1 of this group.) I know I want to be under 180 but not sure by how much. Just BEING under 180 will be amazing:)

Don't worry there's a bunch of us who stalk Shunned;o) Some of us have nominated her for featured member so we should hopefully be seeing her featured on the website sometime soon.

Oh and thank you about my girls. That's the oldest two. I also have a son and 2 teenaged girls:)

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.