Saying GOODBYE to 100lbs or more!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Taffy the Great!

5 years ago

Katyast, I have a recent seat belt story, in fact I'm starting my juice fast ASAP because of it; I have a flight scheduled for Dec 5, and when I flew in June/Sept, I couldn't fasten the seat belt! In the past I strained myself fastening them, but the additional pounds I've gained in the past four years have made it impossible! I was SO afraid the flight attendants would notice and bring the extension... my heart was pounding, my face was hot and I wanted to disappear! I put my shirt over the ends of the belt, which were nowhere NEAR each other, and PHEW... the flight attendants walked by without noticing, on six different flights! There was a guy across the aisle who saw me struggling, that was embarrassing, and when we hit turbulence, I was so afraid that the plane was going to drop and I'd be on the ceiling, while everyone else was buckled into their seats... I'm laughing now because I finally know how to lose the weight, but I was really afraid at the time, and of all things, I didn't want to fly out of my seat and reveal that I wasn't wearing my seat belt... geez, the shame of being overweight is such a burden, I'm relieved to be getting on with my weight loss. On my next flight Dec 5, I'm going to take a pic and post it here of my seat belt fastened - that is my first goal!!!

• Jessie Homan

5 years ago

Just started today. So inspiring to see people making it so far. I am just shy of 5'2" and stared the day at 271. I was 293, my goal weight is 143. I have spent the last year feeling awful and really need to clean out my system and get healthy. So looking forward to getting to know you all. Glad to know I am not alone.

• Taffy the Great!

5 years ago

Hi Jessie, I am new as well, congrats on starting... I am 5'2" myself, 250's-260's. I see you've already lost 22 pounds, that's great... looking forward to getting my juicer and starting soon, we will probably face some similar challenges in the weeks ahead, as well as some similar victories :)

• Shunned

5 years ago

just wanted to say goodnight to everyone. may you have have loads of success and lots of juice and water :D

• Natshell62

5 years ago

JANA - I'm so glad you are feeling better! There are quite a lot of bugs going around right now. I don't think I would stress the crackers, personally. If I have a stomach virus, I will be finding something soothing that will stay down. Hopefully I'll have my dehydrator before I have to face that so that I can make veggie crackers. NO desire to go back to gluten flu....

KATYAST - I'm so glad you joined us! I haven't really settled for certain on an ultimate goal weight either. I haven't been under 180 in about 30 years so who knows really. I looked pretty decent at 180 but I was definitely overweight. I don't believe in going by the BMI charts (as I talked about in the post with two of my daughters on page 1 of this group.) I know I want to be under 180 but not sure by how much. Just BEING under 180 will be amazing:)

Don't worry there's a bunch of us who stalk Shunned;o) Some of us have nominated her for featured member so we should hopefully be seeing her featured on the website sometime soon.

Oh and thank you about my girls. That's the oldest two. I also have a son and 2 teenaged girls:)

• Natshell62

5 years ago

TAFFY - Finding that "we aren't the only one" in a lot of different things is one of the great things about a support group like this. People on here like Shunned and Juiceejuice and fezziwig made me feel welcome and accepted when I was new and assured me that the crazy things happening to me were normal and they had gone through it too. My gratitude for the gift I've been given is best repaid if I can help anyone else feel just as welcome and accepted. Plus, the only way I stay strong and true to my goals is by being around people who support and accept me too!

FITTOBEME - The 15-day reboot plan is anything but a waste of time! For me, I jumped straight to juice fasting because it was easier, as strange as that sounds. I guess I'm an all or nothing kinda gal because giving up all my SAD foods was super easy once I made the decision to have nothing but juice. It eliminated the need to make any food related decisions. I was able to go to the store and walk right by all those old temptations with barely a thought. "Nope, that isn't an option. Moving along." And now that all the additives and chemicals and salt and sugar of the sad diet are out of my system, I can actually make food decisions without binging. Someone held out a big bowl of candy and I didn't even think twice. "No thanks, I don't eat candy:)" For people who can stick to a meal plan while still "under the influence" of junk, the 15 day plan lets you transition into a better diet much more gently:) It's super healthy and you get to the same place. If you can do it with the support of dear hubby, it sounds like a winner!

• Jana

5 years ago

Katyast, Once I was in a friends car and the only way I could click the seat-belt was to put the shoulder harness behind my back. So embarrassing, my friend was trying to minimize the situation but I was mortified. We have all had those moments. Good thing is that you can, we all can, make a change for the better from this day forward. Looking for support from others is one of the best ways you can guarantee your success.

• Katyast

5 years ago
    Nat - you have really pretty daughters!
  • Katyast

5 years ago
    Hi All!
    I'd like to join if that's ok. I have about 160 - 165 lbss to lose.

As the title goes - I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired and embarrassed at my limitations. Recently the most embarrassing event for me was when a coworker wanted to give me a ride home. I couldn't buckle up. She tried and tried all the while I was completely mortified. Then she said the seatbelts were bigger in the back, so we went to the back to buckle me in and she tried and tried and tried. I never realized that I couldn't fit into a seatbelt up until that point.....

My weight range goal varies so much because I've never been lower than 160lbs. So I don't know what my ideal is. In my head, my ideal is 135 - 140. So I have more than half of me to lose

And shunned, I'm so happy to know that you are in this group! (I swear I'm not stalking you). I came across your photos yesterday, and they inspired me, so I did a little happy dance when I saw this group and joined and realized you were here as well.

Kathy
  • Shunned

5 years ago

Katyast your funny! Feel free to follow me, pick my brain as me anything! I have had such wild success with changing my life threw juicing I am happy to share it. this is after spending my life heavy and losing and gaining weight over and over again. I had a similar expericance with seat belts.. I stopped going to certain places that I knew was hard to sit when it came to going on to eat.. the list is endless and heartbreaking. It boggles my mind. I have never minded being curvy I prefer it :) but my love of food and my emotonal eating and bored eating was a very bad combo. its a fight everyday believe me but Im doing it. Give yourlsef a chance you will sirprise yourself at how much your mind changes about food :) But dont let you guard down! I still cant!!

• Jana

5 years ago

Good morning,

I had some sort of stomach virus over the weekend and am finally feeling better. Good news? I lost 2.6 pounds! Talk about the hard way.

Had to eat some crackers yesterday, that was the only thing that could settle my stomach. Being diabetic I had to ingest some sort of carbs. However, I am back on the 100% juice this morning, called in sick from work since I am still weak as a kitten.

Wow this thread is blowing up! Thank-you Natalie! Just goes to show the need is great for those of us who have over 100+ to lose. Will try to catch up on everyones post today.

Have a great day, keep on juicing!

• fezziwig

5 years ago

Just a question, everyone keeps saying how easy it is to post a picture here on the threads, but I can't seem to make it work. I LOVE the new ease of posting my avatar, and I have had no trouble posting pics in my profile, but I can't seem to be able to post any pics within my posts here. I see that several of you have done it successfully. Any ideas or further instructions for me?

Thanks, Fezz

• JuiceeJuice

5 years ago

Fezz,

Click on the middle Icon right above the box you are typing. A box will appear. On the bottom left corner you will see it says "Choose File" and click on that it will open a box that will take you to your computer files. Find which picture you want and click on it and press open. It will show the box with lines moving showing that the picture is loading. Then you Click Insert (though mine automatically appeared on here under my text). Finish what you write on here and then click comment.

Hope this works.

Photo of PA turnpike Tolls.

• Natshell62

5 years ago

Thanks Juicee:) This format for inserting photos and links etc is just like they do it on Ravelry so it seemed easy to me but not everyone has used that sort of interface. So it's easy once you've been told how it works! LOL

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.