Saying GOODBYE to 100lbs or more!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• fezziwig

4 years ago

Heathie, Natalie's list of YouTube vegan blogs is fabulous. I'm going to look into those myself. I am already familiar with some of them. If you just go to YouTube and type the word vegan or juicing, you will get a wealth of choices to look at. As for post juicing and great vegan recipes, may I also suggest these vegan food blogs, not on YouTube, carrieonvegan.com and fatfreevegan.com. They are both great blogs and a wealth of healthy recipes! Also, by reading any of these blogs you will find numerous links to other blogs and a whole host of information! I too have been like a learning sponge and for me it has been one of the great joys of this journey. I continue to learn everyday. It is great fun! And so enlightening!

• Taffy the Great!

4 years ago

Is loose skin an issue when losing large amounts of weight quickly while juice fasting? What are the best ways to minimize/avoid this? Thanks

• Jana

4 years ago

Taffy, I imagine loose skin will eventually be an issue for me. Although I must say that unlike the last time I lost some weight, this time my skin is tighter...must be the juicing because I was not doing any exercising/toning at all. Working on toning and exercising so I hope this continues to be the case! ;-)

• Daisy

4 years ago

Hello everyone, what a lovely group - feeling inspired...again! Which is just what I need I've been juicing on and off for a few weeks. I really like it, got through the dreadful detox and feel so much better, then I blow it! So keep picking myself up and get going again - I've lost 14lbs and don't want to go up, so happy to plateau and start afresh as long as I keep going in the right direction. Have learned it is such an enormous change that if it's gradual for a while that's ok. Joining a gym the end of next week and seeing a personal trainer, got over the guilt of investing in ME (even typing that makes me squirm) but my goal is 100lbs from now which will take me back to school weight TBH that seems so unreal and a million miles from here but I'm curious, I'm in for the long haul and here goes!!

• Natshell62

4 years ago

Welcome to the group Daisy! It is a huge change and everyone approaches it their own way:) I think a lot of us in this position have self-worth issues and consequently have trouble spending money on ourselves. But remember that everyone in your life benefits when you take care of YOU!

• Taffy the Great!

4 years ago

fittobeme, sorry to read about your accident; you will most likely heal much faster on a plant based diet, there are many examples of that in various health documentaries. Congrats on your juice feast and fyi, Joe actually recommends not overdoing it with activity while fasting... you may want to check out what he says about that, but you're doing great :) Also, in addition to the great 80/20 link posted by Natshell, there are plans with menus and recipes if you'd like to follow them:

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/rebooting/plans/

• fittobeme

4 years ago

When I watched the movie FS&ND, I got the impression that Joe and the truck driver got into exercising. Hm. I thought if I exercised that I would tone up as I lost weight, so I wouldn't be so saggy. Lol I've been exercising all year as I've lost weight, so I'm not changing my pattern drastically. Do you think that makes a difference?

• fittobeme

4 years ago

I have seen those plans, but didn't know how that worked for a 60 day all juice fast. I see that there's eating in them, so I was stumped, I was under the impression that you only drank. Does he have a 60-day juice only plan available? I'm probably over thinking it, I tend to do that.

• Taffy the Great!

4 years ago

JuicingGeezWoman, congrats on your weight loss, keep going! fezziwig, great idea to leave a new post rather than a reply so it can be found... I read that after leaving several replies, lol

• JuiceeJuice

4 years ago

Fittobeme: basically make sure you have more veggies than fruits in most of your juices. Joe in the DVD said you can have straight juice for breakfast but the rest should be mostly veggie based. It has to do with with not spiking your blood sugars.

• fittobeme

4 years ago

Thank you for your help!

• JuiceeJuice

4 years ago

Shunned, you are just a machine. Now you too are officially less than me :D This shows that when you work it and you don't use excuses it works!!! Way to go girl <3

• Natshell62

4 years ago

fittobeme - I've heard different things about 80/20. Some people (like me) just eyeball it. I look at the produce I've laid out for a juice and try to the best of my ability to make sure that it is (volume-wise) at least 80% veggie. Some people actually look at calorie content and make sure that only 20% of the calories they consume in any given day is from fruit. That's too much work for me;o) As in most things I just do the best I can. If you want more guidance, here is an article about that subject: 80/20 Golden Reboot Rule

• fittobeme

4 years ago

Thank you for your help!! :-)

• Natshell62

4 years ago

JUICINGGEEZWOMAN - funny how nobody questioned me about whether I was getting enough protein while I went through enough junk food and fast food to get to 340 lbs but now they are SO worried about it.... ;o)

• Natshell62

4 years ago

SING - a bunch of us seem to be jumping back into juice fasting this week! The more the merrier:) I started back today. I went straight back to just juice since I've been eating high-raw, 90% plant based already.

TAFFY - I think I think that when family members and friends see you losing weight over the holidays there will be a few more new converts! LOL

SHUNNED - You are such an inspiration! My granddaughter was sitting beside me this morning and asked my why that little devil was naked. LOL I said, "that's the lil devil that tries to get my friend Heather to eat bad things but Heather whoops it's little fanny!" ROFL

UCANTIMAGINE - I also use stainless steel bottles I got in the sporting goods section or glasses and a tap filter. I would like to get a true filtration system at some point but for now this is the best I can do.

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.