Ontario Reboot

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Robert

4 years ago

Hi all. How is everyone doing with their fasting endeavours during this cold weather?? My wife and I are hanging in there, although, we are each experiencing some "detox" stuff. Day 16.....yahoo!!

• Janet

4 years ago

Hi Marina! The member map is not working for me either. Perhaps it's not set up for Canada? Maybe I'm missing a plug in?

• PinkKim15

4 years ago

Hey guys, need some help here. On day 4 of the reboot and I am about ready to eat my arm! I'm not necessarily hungry, but I miss food! Last night I had a peanut butter jar and spoon in my hands... and I put it away. Had some grapes instead. I gotta say I am proud, but this is a lot harder than I thought. My fiance and I have agreed to switch over after day 5 of just juicing to eating and juicing just fruits and veggies. I need something to chew! I'm still hoping we get the same results but with the added addition of getting to eat something. I gotta say, a kale salad right now sounds mighty good.

• Robert

4 years ago

hang in there. i felt similar around day 4/5. then a thought came to my mind; are you really hungry?, or just conditioned to think you need to eat?? i'm now at day 10 and for the most part the juices are doing their job of keeping the nutrient levels up. sometimes a small blended smoothie helps too.(almond,mango,banana)

• Joanne

4 years ago

Kim, I am on a guided reboot and they eased us into juice by doing one smoothie for breakifast, a snack of a juice mid morning, a vegan salad with dressing and a side of something else for lunch, a juice for afternoon snack, a soup and another vegan side dish for dinner and a bunch of blueberries for a snack. Omg so much healthy food but transitioning into juice has been a snap I think because of the previous few days food intake? Try six juices and more water. Roberts points above are good! Think wedding!

• Germaine

4 years ago

Hi Kim. If you don't have it yet,, you might want to get Joe's book 'Reboot with Joe Juice Diet'. Very informational and helpful. Mine is two week's old and is all dog eared, highlighted, tabbed! my go to guide. On page 191, he indicates that "it is perfectly ok to eat a salad, cooked greens, baked sweet potato or a piece of fruit when you are rebooting, if you're really hungry or craving something to chew, you will not ruin your reboot by eating. In fact, it might help you to stick to it." Hope this helps. Hang in there!

• Germaine

4 years ago

If you're thinking of getting the book, it is cheaper on Amazon.ca than the store on this web site. you'll receive it faster too, by mail and no exchange rates or custom charges

• Amani

4 years ago

Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well. Day 30 for me, I can't believe I made it to day 30. :)

Thanks to everyone that encouraged me to keep going when I almost gave up few times, and thanks to everyone that posted something inspiring and was there to encourage others. I didn't reply to every post I saw as most of the time I was reading them on my cell while on a break at work just to be inspire and motivated and I definitely was motivated by all of your posts. Thanks everyone :)

Now that I completed day 30 I am scared of what's coming tomorrow. I didn't reach my weight goal I was hoping to lost 20- 25 in 30 days, so I am worried that I may put some weight back if I eat. Any suggestions? I was thinking to have just juice, soups and salads for a week. I lost total of 18 pounds in 30 days juice only. I am so happy.

Good luck to you all please keep juicing and always remember why you started this journey it will help you keep going. Thanks again all. I will still be here on the site as you all inspire me and motivate me to keep with my healthy life style. xoxox

Amani

• PinkKim15

4 years ago

Hey guys, so thought I'd lighten everyone's day...I'm pretty sure the woman at the grocery store yesterday thought I was nuts with all of my produce purchases. Their carts weren't big enough for all my stuff, so I had to check out, load my car, and then come back. She kept laughing in that weird way that's like, "Lady you must be crazy, but I'll laugh it off."

Also have to say, what a mess I made juicing everything last night! The Mean Green made too much and overflowed, the Pine-Lime-Lemon didn't make enough and then I knocked it over, and I got bits of kale leaves all over my very small apartment kitchen. Someone please tell me this is just because I am new to juicing! It took me 2 hours to make enough juice for me and my fiance for one day! YIKES!!

• Joanne

4 years ago

Kim I am finding the same thing. The mess and the time! However, I keep telling myself it will get better. I have a small kitchen as well and it seems that there is never enough room. The key to all of this is as I see it, to be organized and to plan oh yes and to surround yourself with supportive people. Keep it up. Think WEDDING! Good luck!

• Robert

4 years ago

Kim. So get what your saying. We have a Norwalk juicer, and if your not careful it can really blast the ceiling with veggie stuff. It's all worth it, as already there's some weight loss happening at our home. A big yahoo, Keep up the good work everyone.

• Amani

4 years ago

PinkKim, I just want to say, congrats on your upcoming wedding. I wish you much happiness and joy. God bless, :)

• Germaine

4 years ago

Congrats on your upcoming wedding PinkKim15!

• Jennybear

4 years ago

Hi everyone! So glad to see a group for people in Ontario! I live in Stratford, but go back and forth to Goderich and Kitchener as well. I'm on day four of my first ever reboot and I'm already down 5lbs. Was aiming for a 5 day reboot and hoping to lose 10lbs, but something is better than nothing :) Thinking about maybe going for longer than the 5 days but not sure yet

• Germaine

4 years ago

Amani suggested that I post my 'about me' and 'reason for rebooting'. It may resonate.

'I am a retired wife of 30 years and mother of two. My son is getting married in April 2015 and I initially wanted to lose some weight before all those wedding pictures are taken!Having watched Joe's videos on Netflix, I realize that there are so many other benefits to juicing as a means to lose some weight. I also want to improve my health, get off too much medication that is creating unwanted side effects. Avoid my father's path of diabetes/hypertension/strokes. I want to enjoy my retirement, have energy, have better mind function - memory, clarity, as well as eliminate hip and knee joint pain. I want to enjoy walking my new dog - Tucker without huffing and puffing on short walks (he walks me!). I want to be there for my grandchildren (I have one 14 months old). I want to be able to play anything they want and for as long as they want. I live near a beach and want to kayak and canoe and bike and swim and take long walks on the beach with my husband. I grew up on a farm and was raised on fresh vegetables and farm fresh meat. I weighed 103 lbs when I left the farm for college and career. I now weigh twice that and am not enjoying life very much. The weight is so restrictive it depresses me. It needs to go! I need to find me and my energy and my life back.' It is time.

• PinkKim15

4 years ago
    Thanks for posting Germaine. I love your reasons and they have definitely resonated with me. P.S. I'm getting married in March!! Go 2015 weddings!!!!!!
  • Joanne

4 years ago

Germaine thanks for sharing, your reasons resonated with me. I am probably about your age or a little older. I was about 105 when I got married and now weigh more than twice that. I am on day one of my guided diabetic reboot. I have type 2 diabetes and want to get off the meds already. Just got diagnosed 6 months ago. This was a wakeup call for me. I feel awful today...........I had a funeral for my coffee maker last night..........tears were shed, but I am determined to do this. Your last sentences "the weight is so restrictive........" to the end mirrors my own feelings. Thanks

• Amani

4 years ago

Thanks for sharing Germaine, :)

• Germaine

4 years ago

Also, when I am in the kitchen preparing veggies for the juicer, I put on my satellite radio to a music station and dance around in the kitchen while I work and of course singing along at the top of my voice! lol I must look silly, but ROCK ON! gives me a bit of exercise and makes cutting veggies more fun. 'Shake it off" anyone?

• Germaine

4 years ago

Just read a post from Audrey on the general list. she used the expression "I HAVE THE POWER!" when trying to motivate herself to press on with the juicing. I will adopt that as my slogan. When it gets rough, I will just say out loud "I HAVE THE POWER!"

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.