The Healthy Choice

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

I will start my next juice fast on Monday 8/10. I will be making and freezing my juice ahead of time as usual. This makes it easier for me and works, so I don't intend on changing that. I need to start mentally preparing for this next journey. Even tho I am excited.. I know it will not be all that easy. Hoping to get down to at least 170...If I could juice for 4 months, oh how wonderful that would be.. lol Time to get ready

• Marscha

3 years ago

Good luck Nikki. You can do it. We both know you can. I will not say I'll join you because I hate to dissapoint myself again. But I will support you!

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

You can do it to!! and thank you!

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

Drinking my first juice in weeks! Made 4 and froze them... I really want to juice again.. I don't know how long I'll make it but I think I'm read to find out.. *sigh*

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

Don't let yourself stand in your way-- if you can make it one day, you can make it one more day :) you can do it. try, try again.

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

So I think I'm ready to juice it up again!!! The more I think about it.. The more I'm ready to lose another 20 lbs. I've had a nice break-- some snacks and tasty no no meals. I'm happy with how I've kept the weight off, but I want a new "after" picture. I might star 7/21 or I'll wait until 8/1. Maybe someone would like to join me?? My boyfriend wants to clean out his body so he might do a modified one with me. He doesn't wanna lose weight (he already weights 120's...My freaking target weight!!!) But Yes. I think I'm almost ready for another go. :)

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

So I just realized I told my grandma I'm taking her to her fav. restaurant for her b-day so full on fast will wait... lol But I will be juicing soon!

How is everyone :) ?!?!

• Marscha

3 years ago

Love your photo!!

Good to hear that you kept the wieght off! Nicely done!
    I still would love to juice 100% but something is blocking me. Don't know what it is.
    I'm also wondering how everyone is doing?!

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

Thank you :)

• Gr8Greens

3 years ago

In our family July is filled with birthdays. It works well for us. We gather to celebrate and have a gift exchange ("Christmas" in July!) We'll be traveling around the next 2 weeks for various reasons. Gonna hit the elliptical when I get home. My pic is from Christmas 2014. I need a much thinner pic for 2015!

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

There you go!! :) Have a good time :)

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

Day 8/30 for my squat challenge and yet... Today I haven't done my 90 squats yet... I will... But I'm in such a bad mood. So negative.. I need like a spiritual cleansing of bad juju or something.. lol I'm so angry. I seriously need to relax... I need to release... But at the moment I can't. It's a mixture of my family members pissing me off with their craziness... Which don't get me wrong, I think everyone has a little crazy in them lol but sometimes (or all the time) you just don't want to hear it.. and then I made some taco meat in the fridge that I was going to add to pasta and cook zucchini with and garlic bread... My lovely boyfriend took it to work when he knows he has healthier options to take. I told him how mad I was and he was saying how he was sorry he didn't know and he will bring it back home lol... I feel like an a$$.. I apologized. You might be asking why I'd want to eat something "less healthy" lol... It was a meal I wanted to make for the house, for everyone to eat. For everyone to enjoy. Then I realized that I knew this feeling...I was being a spoil brat. The kids don't care that there isn't any meat in the pasta. They will still max out. lol but I wanted it... I WAITED TO EAT THAT DAMN TACO MEAT SMOTHERED IN PASTA SAUCE!!!... So as I almost cried I made a smoothie... Put the stupid noodles in the stupid pot... Put the stupid sauce in with the stupid soy crumbles... And it taste good... But It's not the meat I made... It could very well be my deeply rooted addiction talking but I'm just so grr. Smoothie consisted of blueberries,blackberries,strawberries, bananas, skim milk (because I ran out of almond..) and vanilla protein powder. I thought I was 194 lbs. but I weighed in this morning and I'm back down to 191 lbs. which is nice... -_-... F*&King Taco meat will haunt me today... Note to self... do your squats! Okay I'm done... Miss ya'll. lol

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

Maybe I'll treat myself to something not too bad... hehehe..0_o

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

After watching finger wave and 1920 make-up tutorials, I feel better. lol

• Gr8Greens

3 years ago

LOL! Very well said. I totally get it.

• Gr8Greens

3 years ago

I like the new name of our group. I didn't even know it could be changed. On to the next step in getting healthy! I exercise more when I eat a meal or two a day, as long as I eat light!

We had a fun holiday weekend with family. My husband was off work for 4 days total. We have a bunch of traveling we'll be doing starting this weekend. Some fun and other not. I hope y'all are feeling well and motivated :)

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

I'm glad you like it :) You guys are my inspiration.

• Oh_Gordie

3 years ago

Hi guys. I've been eating one meal a day plus juicing since passing 30 days. I am experimenting with when to eat (either lunch or dinner) to see how it affects me. My weight-loss has stopped at 22lbs. It is not encouraging but I am still trying to find what works for me. I exercise at least 45 minutes a day with cardio plus bodyweight exercises and some free weights. I have been told that I look like I've lost weight. I can feel the clothes loosening and I'm able to fit into an old pair.

I want to try the vegan lifestyle but there's not enough choices to truly switch. I'm trying with what I have.

I hope everyone is well. Missing your activity here.

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

That's freaking awesome! I'm getting excited about my lower body muscles! It's day three and I can feel/see them getting stronger. Gaining muscle was never a problem for me-- It's my fat! :( lol but I gained some when eating (which is normal) and since I started working out, I'm going down again lol. Not worried tho. Really want to start reshaping. Glad you guys are still here :)

• Gr8Greens

3 years ago

Your doing so great Gordie! I'm proud of you :)

• Gr8Greens

3 years ago

Hi, so I am noticeably losing my hair. I'm using hair treatment, taking B vitamins and it's getting worse. The women on my mother's side of the family have this problem genetically. I was hoping it would pass me over! I have hypothyroidism. That and the meds I take for it are known to cause hair loss too. I want to see if juicing will make a difference. Any suggestions for my vege/fruit choices?

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

I know I lose hair after the fast... but I waited it out, added oils to it.. and eventually told myself to stop freaking because it makes it worse. I try not to shampoo and I would wash it with apple cider vinegar. I would sometimes condition but I stopped using shampoo for sure.. keep eating right, scalp massages. hot/cold water alternation when showering-- helps blood circulate. Try these things, Some distressing and self TLC can help. They have yummy gummy vitamins too. hair/skin/nails gummies. Hope this helps! Avocado/honey hair mask... mmmm lol

• Gr8Greens

3 years ago

Thanks Nikki, I appreciate the helpful suggestions. So hard not to freak out when it's your hair!!

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

Miss yall.. Made a huge pot of soup. Making chicken for salads and some sweet potato mash. Did my first day of my workout challenge (30 days of squats and ab workouts at home, swimming at the gym). It's not worth eating bad. The guilt, the blah nasty feeling after.. I can feel it killing me.. lol that's so terrible. Taking protein shakes after my workouts. Adding in blueberries.. mmm. Hopefully I'll have an awesome after picture on 7/30. Take care all.

• Gr8Greens

3 years ago

I like the way you set a goal for your workouts too. The count down is exciting!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.