JUICING CHALLENGE FOR BEGINNERS! JOIN ME!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• reclaim

2 years ago

Day 4 begins. Surprised that I'm not really hungry. I have missed chewing, though. Having a piece of gum now and then helps. I ate a 2 cubes of watermelon yesterday, but don't consider it a deal breaker. Doing my best. No one has to be perfect, we just need to persevere! Hang tough.

• Stacy

2 years ago

Sounds like you're doing great! Don't worry about the watermelon. When I did my 60-day I was way too much of a perfectionist. I would have been better served by nibbiling on healthy fruits and veggies and staying on the juicing program. In the end, it's what happens after the juice fast. That's why transitioning is so important.

• Stacy

2 years ago

I haven't looked at the 10-day plan for awhile, but many of Joe's plans have up to 5 days of transition eating. I'm guessing that your plan moves you towards a 100% juice fast. The transition days help your body ease into the juice fast, and helps reduce the detox symptoms that many experience during the first few days.

To answer your question, you absolutely don't need to do 100% juice. Many people don't, and I frequently juice 2 meals a day and eat a healthy dinner. Many of the benefits from juicing are still experienced in this manner. However, there are many that are not.

When juicing 100% your digestive system is allowed to rest and heal. Your liver is allowed to work full force on detoxing your system. Your body is getting the nutrition it needs while allowing it to rest because the nutrients are readily available for use.

Most experience a surge of energy, increased mental clarity, improved vision and clear skin. I find my mind settles down about food, I rarely think about food and it becomes a very safe, warm place. Juicing 100% is not sustainable, but it is a great way to help your body and change your tastes.

Many "juicers" will drink a few juices everyday and occasionally do a juice only reboot to get back on track. Finding what works best for you and what is sustainable, is really the only thing that's important.

• Stacy

2 years ago

Oops, put this under the wrong post!

• Sergio

2 years ago

hello everyone. I've spent my day planning for my journey. I only have one question so far, does anyone know how long the juices last when they are refrigerated? oh and to report I'm feeling a bit anxious .. lol I think I will start tomorrow if all goes well..........

• Stacy

2 years ago

Hey Sergio - Juices will last for up to 3 days refrigerated before losing their nutritional value. You can freeze them to keep them longer. Good luck tomorrow!

• Joe

2 years ago

Congrats Sergio on getting ready to take the plunge. Stacy is right about the juice, but I would recommend making juice and drinking it immediately for the freshest taste, especially if you are using citrus fruits of any kind. They tend to start to sour the mix after being in the fridge. The first few days are the hardest so do your best.

• amie

2 years ago

All the best to you tomorrow, Sergio! Let us know how it goes!

• Sergio

2 years ago

hi.... ok so I have another question, I was going through the 10 day reboot plan, and I noticed that its not 100% juicing it has salads as meals, so my question is why do 100% juicing if you can have some sort of meal?

• Sergio

2 years ago

thank you stacy... I'm am preparing my juices right now. have to run to the market, beginners mistakes, I didn't buy enough vegies to make all the juices I have picked for my first 5 days... I am going to freeze some of them, I read that if you freeze they could last up to 7 days... I leave on my trip tonight to N.J. I'm going straight to 100% juicing right of the bat, I have quit smoking,20 years ago, I have quit drinking 6 years ago, now let see if I can quit eating for the next 60 days.....

• Stacy

2 years ago

I officially have day 1 behind me! That's always such a great feeling. I'm always amused during the first few days at my "pull" for food, or rather, how automatically I eat. Yesterday, I was working at my desk and realized that it was time for lunch. My mind had already planned my meal before I realized that I was juicing. There's that sense of disappointment and loss that sweeps over when the realization hits that lunch will be juice.

What's interesting to me is how automatically these thoughts run thru my head. Each day they get fainter, but in the beginning I need to pay close attention or I will find myself eating! It makes me realize just how programed I am to eat, and how many times I'm drawn to food for reasons far beyond hunger.

It's nice to be able to say that day 1 was a success and behind me. Now I'm looking forward to another!

• amie

2 years ago

Hello all...wow lots of Rebooting happening, that's awesome! I am on Day 2 and trying to figure it alll out! I started things off with some nasty cold symptoms so I am dealing with that but I guess I might as well continue to dive in since I would likely not feel well any way... Drinking hot water with lemon and ginger and gearing up for a busy day at work. Best wishes to everyone out there today!!!

• Kat2222

2 years ago

Good morning all. I've been easing in for two days now - so today is the first day of my juice reboot. Warm lemon water instead of coffee this morning is my biggest fear of the day. I wish everyone luck.

• amie

2 years ago

All the best with no coffee, Kat! I stopped the caffeine about two weeks ago and it was tough but I made it through, and you will too!

• reclaim

2 years ago

Reclaim (as in reclaim my former self). I am day two and like this group. You're part of my support system, and this group posting definitely helps keep me mindful and accountable to goals. Drinking Joe's mean green as I type :)

• Joe

2 years ago

Hey everyone. My name is Joe and I'm new to the group. I'm on day two and down, but not out. I have a question for all of you. What do you do when you have to go out for a party or get together? Drink water while everyone eats? I'm just curious, because I had a birthday part tonight for a relative. I ordered a salad, nothing crazy. I really want to stick to this reboot and see if I can make 30 days. Thoughts?

• reclaim

2 years ago

Thanks for the post, Joe. I am on day 2 also, and caved late last night. I felt a little down, but certainly not out. The way I look at it, I ate only a bowl of leftovers, which was still much less than I'd normally eat in a day. Progress, not perfection. Day two is going so much better, easier, so staying positive instead of quitting is the way to go. Like you, I am a bit worried about when I get together with friends next week. I'm not overthinking it, but by then I hope to feel so good juicing that eating won't really be an option I'll choose. My thought was to just say my stomach's been a little off, and I don't want to tempt fate (as I sip my juice). I know it is a white lie, but sometimes it is easier than opening a can of worms by mentioning rebooting or juicing. I'd like to enjoy the event and not talk about my lifestyle choices all evening. Hopefully you'll find a solution. Looking forward to hearing what others say.

• Aileen Barnard

2 years ago

Hi Joe you did great by having salad, Joe says in his book when jucing try & be prepared take juice & what you need with you. I often go to family for tea & take my jucie & water sometimes lemon & have a hot lemon water good luck I'm day 20 today & love it trying for 100 days if I can.

• Elias Fenn

2 years ago

Hey everyone - glad to find another awesome group! In addition to this great group...in case you are looking for more support please consider visiting us at the Sunshine Clubbe >>> http://community.rebootwithjoe.com/groups/view/cod...

• Sergio

2 years ago

hello everyone !! New to juicing. I saw the documentary and i was very inspired by it. I just got my 10 day reboot plan, im starting with that and hopefully go on to 60 days.... im a truck driver so I figure this is going to be extra hard for me... my plan is to prep the juices before i leave on a trip. Im usually gone for 5 days and home for 2.. i do have a fridge, and microwave in my truck....My start date will be on 2/17 because im on the road and will be home 2/14 but im giving myself 3 days to get ready....lol i want to get off my diabetes meds and also loose about 80lbs. Im currently at 250lbs.... wish me luck and any suggestions would be appreciated

• Stacy

2 years ago

Hey Sergio sounds like you have a great plan! I think setting a "start date" and laying out a game plan is a key element to having success. In fact, the reboot coaching plans usually include a few transition days before moving to juice 100%. I find myself, that I do well on 2 to 3 transition days. It definitely makes the juice only transition more pleasant. I try to drink a couple juices each day and stick to plant based meals during those days. Good luck, I'm anxious to follow your progress!

• Lisa C

2 years ago

Hi All, I started my first (15-day) reboot four days ago. This group looks like it's getting pretty active again. Would love that as I am looking for all the support I can get. I have juiced for many years, but never more than a day or two in a row. Looking forward to seeing how I feel at the end of 15 days... and whether I will want to continue.

• Stacy

2 years ago

Hi Lisa - I'm envious. I wish I was 4 days in. Great job!! I think 15 days is a great target . . . and hey, you're almost a third of the way there!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.