JUICING CHALLENGE FOR BEGINNERS! JOIN ME!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• colahill112

2 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I'm on Day 2 of my Reboot! I remembered Joe having a support group from the videos so I looked it up and joined. I'm hanging in there. Cheers to good health!!!

• Robin

2 years ago
    read, read read. You can do it .
  • LilNix25

2 years ago

hey all! Just joined and starting a Reboot on 1st March for the month. Worried about it so any tips would be great thanks!

• K Marie

2 years ago

Just read as much as you can here on the website - is it full of good information!! Enjoy!! Let worry go and remember this is about health! Everything you do in this direction is for the better!

• Bee Hu

2 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I was going to start until March 1st but I'm going to start tomorrow morning. Eeek! I'm transitioning into my first reboot from going vegan since February first and I've been doing smoothies during the day, for the last week, and solid cooked vegan foid for dinner. I'm getting a juicer today so I'm excited, but anxious. I tried not to eat dinner but have a smoothie the last few nights and I just couldn't...lol. I'm the cook, for my family, so it's tough not to eat the food I'm cooking.

I just weighed myself so I'm at about 155 lbs. My scale could be off and I hope it isn't because I started at 162 on January 18th. I'm 5'4" and I'd like to be at 130ish.

Good job to you all and wish me luck on this reboot. :)

• K Marie

2 years ago

Congrats for starting - I am fortunate not to have others to cook for, so hopefully someone else can give you suggestions for that! Good luck!!

• K Marie

2 years ago

Yahoo. Plateau broke. Down a half a pound, but a real half pound. .8 away from entering the 170's. Very exciting. Watched the two Knives over Forks movies, and though I am sure that lifestyle will work for many, long term I don't see myself eating completely vegan. I do believe that I can maintain a long term juicing regime that (after the fast) includes maintaining a high percentage of veggies. But getting to my weight and health goals come first. Waking up down a little was so encouraging. Day 10 in friends, keep at it!

• Sergio

2 years ago

Congratulations.......after my reboot im thinking ill start by cutting out all beef completly go somewhat of vegiterian but not veggan, keep some kind of meat in my diet be it fish or chicken.... keep up the great work.... juice on !

• K Marie

2 years ago

I think for me, rather than cutting out beef wholly, my plan will be to just stick to less frequency, and ensure that ANY meats, fish or poultry I eat are locally sourced, and grass fed, cage free eggs etc. If those things are treated as "treats" so to speak, I want to ensure I am consuming the best quality. But I am a looooong way from that! :-)

• BethanyThomson

2 years ago

Challenge accepted! I'm starting my healthier lifestyle right now!

• reclaim

2 years ago

Great Bethany! Good luck.

• April1967

2 years ago

Hi, everyone! I am excited to be here! I am starting when I wake tomorrow, I am up for the 30 days! I am here to make a change and stop making excuses for myself! cause I am really good with excuses lol I thought if I am not alone, I am accountable. lets do this guys!

• Cece8003

2 years ago

Hello group! I start tomorrow BUT I am having a bit of trouble understanding the recipes for the app. I am just doing the juice 5 days but I can't seem to find the recipes for them. HELP! :)

• K Marie

2 years ago

I don't use the app - there is a ton of information, including recipes, on the website tabs above. I think you can even download programs for 3 or 10 days, just modify one of those for 5 days and you are set! Good luck! You will love it.

• Hendrikje

2 years ago

Hi everyone,

I´m Hendrikje from holland. I started this afternoon and i think i wil do it for 10 days. Afther watching the movies not so looking forward to day 2 and 3. I also stopped smoking sigarettes this afthernoon (2 packs a day).

So my main goal is to get healthy, and looking forward at reading your experiences!

• Stacy

2 years ago

Hi Hendrikje - It's great to have you here! Congratulations on stopping smoking and starting your juice fast. You are right, the first few days can be pretty rough, especially on your first reboot. You might find them especially challenging since your body will not only be transitioning to juice but also experiencing nicotine withdrawals.

If you find it's too rough, you might think about checking out some of Joe's programs. The site has a number of different juicing programs varying in time frames. I believe the majority, if not all, do not go directly to juicing, but rather use several transition days of eating/juicing. This helps your body ease into juicing.

I don't want to discourage you, but I don't want you to be miserable either.

Regardless of your decision, you will be amazed at how great you feel on a juice fast! Good luck!

• Robin

2 years ago

Hi Hendrikje, You can do this,. Stacy has great advice. good luck

juice on

• KatherineAnna

2 years ago

Guys im scared to start- simply because im scared to fail :(

i have never completed or finished a diet. i try and fail 100% of the time :(

don't know what to do. my stomach feels heavy all the time because of the shit i eat. i don't know what food to buy, when and were to begin. im a student on a low budget in the United Kingdom. I've only got a blender (its a fabulous one though!- practically liquifies everything!).

Please. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you x

• Robin

2 years ago

hi KatherineAnna Welcome. I'm new at this as well. This is my 3rd day. If you are use to eating junk go to the recipe section and pick a few and then go from there. you may want to only do 1-2 juices a day until your system get use to it along with eating plants only. Also a blender will leave a LOT of pulp. If you don't like that you can strain it. I had the nutri bullet and altho I like it I don't like the pulp. So until my juicer gets here I will strain my juices. Good luck and I hope I helped

juice on

• Stacy

2 years ago

Hi KatherineAnne, I'm glad you found our group! I totally understand what you mean about how you feel after eating a lot of junk food. Junk food is so addictive and it gives us absolutely zero nutrients.

Keep in mind that Juicing and Blending are totally different. They are both great and have many benefits but as Robin said, blending leaves pulp.

When you blend, everything that is put into the blender is "chewed" and becomes part of the end product. So your smoothie will have the entire apple, cucumber, kale, etc. All the fiber, all the nutrients, and all the calories.

When you juice, everything is "chewed" but the juice is separated from the pulp. The nutrients will be extracted from the juice. When you drink your juice you'll have a high concentration of nutrition, much higher than blending because you won't have the bulk of the fiber.

With that said, blending is still a very healthy thing to do. It is less expensive since you will not be separating the pulp, so it may be an excellent option for you at this time.

There are some great recipes on Joe's site for smoothies, and there are also some great websites that deal primarily with smoothies. You might check out GreenSmoothieGirl.com.

One final thought. Don't be too hard on yourself. The only time you fail is when you stop altogether! As long as you keep getting back up and dusting yourself off and trying again, you're still in the game (and a success in my eyes).

• Sergio

2 years ago

2/23 Good morning everyone! Day 8 feeling great, back on the road... while i did my juicing at home my wife added a small vita coconut juice to each of my juices and it was a gtreat idea because it took away the bitterness from the juices... thought I should pass that along..... Juice on !!!

• Stacy

2 years ago

Hey Sergio, I LOVE adding coconut water to my juices! I do it all the time and I agree, it does reduce the bitterness. I think it also "smoothes" the taste out. The only thing to watch is that you are still getting enough juice. You may be drinking the same number, but they are now diluted, so you are getting fewer nutrients. Just something to keep in mind.

It sounds like you are doing great!

• Sergio

2 years ago
    Hi Stacy... i keep my juices the same 16oz and to that i add the coconut water wich makes it about 26oz.... dink my juices and stay hudrated at the same time :-)....

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.