JUICING CHALLENGE FOR BEGINNERS! JOIN ME!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• ruoccom

2 years ago

So, I'm all new to this. I saw the movie, (both FSND + sequel), watch Joe's live blog on FB, and brought the Breville Juicer. I have been experimenting with juices over the last 2 days, but have not gone all plant based yet. What do I do first? Should I transition for a week, replacing some meals w/ Juices, and how much juice can I drink? Can I have one every few hours?

• Monica K

2 years ago

Hi Ruoccom

You will need to transition for a week or two so your body does not go into shock. I have a juice approx every 3 hours and have 4 to 5 juices a day with a bone broth in the evening. Best of luck with your juicing journey :)

• Sergio

2 years ago

Hello everyone ! ok so I'm at day 6 feeling great. I haven't had any of the issues with hunger that most people seem to be having, I don't know if I'm lucky or if it has anything to do with my way of juicing, so here it goes, pretty simple really.. I have a juice for breakfast, a juice for lunch and a juice for dinner I also if I start to feel hungry at any moment in between I just grab another juice and that seems to take care of it. I do prep all my juices ahead of time to make it easy to just grab and go, and also because I'm on the road 5 days at a time... concerns were raised about oxidation. out of the 20 juices I prepped only two seem to show some kind of oxidation and those were the Melon Card juices, which I'm not going to make anymore either because it was too much sugar for me anyways...all the other juices were fine.... I made three kinds. Triple C, Joe's Mean Green and Melon Chard.... I did freeze some of the juices and I kept them refrigerated in my truck.. the frozen ones did thaw out after like a day, I cranked up the fridge to help with that... don't have a freezer in the truck... but everything worked out fine

and here is my report card for the first five days: lost 6lbs lost 3in of my waist and my sugar was between 100 and 175 except for when I had the Melon juices then it was 247, that's why no more Melon juices for me...Juice on!!!

• reclaim

2 years ago

Day 10, all is well. 1/3 of the way through. Yahoooo!!!

• Michelle

2 years ago

I'm on my 7th day of my 30 day Reboot, iam very new to this and I'm so glad the first 5 days have passed as fo me I had a nagging headache,aches and pains and was very tired But today I feel like iam buzzing , well I was for this morning , then I got very cold and tired . Iam following Joe Coss 30 day challenge the first 5 days where, soups(from scratch) salads, juices and smoothies , so this is my first day ALL juices and I'm cold ? I do have fibromyalgia,thyroid and autoimmune and sleep apnea , Is it normal to feel cold ?

• Robin

2 years ago

I'm late starting but I AM STARTING!!!!!!! I believe in a healthy lifestyle and WE can do this. I am so excited and now that I have found ya'll it's going to be an amazing journey. one question tho how many times a day do I juice? HELP!?

• Joe

2 years ago
    Hi Robin, first off let me say welcome to our group! We are here if you need any support at all. To answer your question, I typically juiced or made enough juice for 3-4 sittings a day. Morning, lunch, afternoon, and evening. It would keep the hunger at bay. Other days I would skip the afternoon juice completely and just do 3. So, I think it is up to you and your body to decide what is best. Keep us posted.
  • reclaim

2 years ago

Hi, Robin, and welcome. My usual day starts off with a beverage like tea. I do my juicing first thing to prepare for the day. I have a tin tray, like for lasagna, that I use to put the various fruits and veggies in after washing. Then I just run them through the juicer. (mine is a big mouth Hamilton Beach, which has a side compartment for pulp that I line with a plastic bag for easy cleanup) I usually make the same juice for the whole day. I put it in glass mason jars in the fridge, usually about three juices. Four seems like too much, but everyone is different. I do allow myself a coconut water as a treat now and then. I take a can in my purse, if I go to a movie, so I feel like I've given up nothing (i.e. popcorn). Others have suggested using the pulp for soup. I did try this, it is a bit messy. Instead I now just juice some veggies and heat it as a soup, adding seasonings for flavor. Good luck.

• K Marie

2 years ago

I realized I was beginning to sound like a crossfit maniac - all I was talking to people about is juicing and how incredible I feel - so I am going to work on backing off a little! ha ha. Today begins my 7th day, down six pounds, though the last two days hovered around the same weight.

I did make veggie broth from my pulp and added a bit of sea salt and garlic, then strained it. I put half a mug of veggie broth and half a mug of organic chicken bone broth together once a day for a rich warm treat. It is amazing.

I find that my taste buds are more sensitive - alive - something. I recognize all the flavors that go into my juices more, which is kind of cool. I suspect this is one of the long term benefits - at least I hope it is.

I feel good, I am so grateful for all the support on this page. Have a great day everyone!!

• Michelle

2 years ago

I was wandering what we could do with the pulp , I will have to try that . ????

• Prada

2 years ago

hi All, I am on juicing cleanse for 1st time. I am 37 year old 5 feet female. I am doing this cleanse to bring my cholesterol, A1C levels normal.

Day 1- I felt i am missing food. Starting weight 135. I pooped normal.

Day 2- I felt i was rested well. I had deep sleep after a very long time. My body feel calmer. Had diarrhea after drinking kale, spinach, cucumber, lemon juice. Weight 133

Day 3 - Weight 131.2. I felt very energetic. Pooped very less but was surprised to see still stuff coming out. My mouth had taste of juice all the time. It was some bothersome. I scraped and cleaned my tough. Drank lots of water and felt better.

Day 4 - Weight is 131. Feeling energetic. Food craving is gone. I cook food for my son and do not feel like eating anything. I am enjoying juice fast. No poop. I feed constipated and bloated. Please help!

I initially planed for 3 days but now planning to keep going until day 7.

• ThreeKings96

2 years ago

Hello everyone. I'm currently finishing up day 7 of my juice fast. I'm still hungry though. When will the hunger growls go away?

• Joe

2 years ago

In my opinion and experience, I don't think they go away completely. After day 4 the pain was gone, but my stomach would still let me know it was there. All I can say is that it gets to be less of a worry over time. I'm starting Day 10 now and the past several days I haven't gotten a signal from my stomach. If you really need something, a piece of fruit or vegetable will not ruin your fast. Do your best and see what happens over the next few days.

• Leslie

2 years ago

Be sure you are drinking more water especially when you feel hungry as it helps ThreeKings96. And in my own experience if you put any food at all in your mouth even the juice pulp, the hunger feeling is worse so avoid eating anything at all. You day should start with water then continue on as juice water juice water with a juice every 3 hours. I have my first juice around 9 a.m. usually.

• Joe

2 years ago

Hey all I just wanted to check in. I'm finishing day 8 today. Hunger pains are gone completely and my energy level remains though the roof. I'm down over 7 pounds and can't believe how good I feel. I'm definitely going to continue past the 10 day mark, allowing myself a healthy eating option if the need or social situation calls for it. I'm just glad that I'm thinking about making the right choices now. Have a great night everyone!

• reclaim

2 years ago

Isn't it just great when things go so well!

• Sergio

2 years ago

at the end of day 4. Feeling great, i checked my blood sugar and it surprised me at 107 it hasnt been that low on a while and when it was i felt dizzy, but not today i actually feel great... looking foreward to day 5 and beyond....... hope every one is having a great day. Juice on...

• Joe

2 years ago

Look at Sergio go! Great job and I'm happy to hear that your blood sugar is coming down.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.