JUICING CHALLENGE FOR BEGINNERS! JOIN ME!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• BethanyThomson

2 years ago

Challenge accepted! I'm starting my healthier lifestyle right now!

• reclaim

2 years ago

Great Bethany! Good luck.

• April1967

2 years ago

Hi, everyone! I am excited to be here! I am starting when I wake tomorrow, I am up for the 30 days! I am here to make a change and stop making excuses for myself! cause I am really good with excuses lol I thought if I am not alone, I am accountable. lets do this guys!

• Cece8003

2 years ago

Hello group! I start tomorrow BUT I am having a bit of trouble understanding the recipes for the app. I am just doing the juice 5 days but I can't seem to find the recipes for them. HELP! :)

• K Marie

2 years ago

I don't use the app - there is a ton of information, including recipes, on the website tabs above. I think you can even download programs for 3 or 10 days, just modify one of those for 5 days and you are set! Good luck! You will love it.

• Hendrikje

2 years ago

Hi everyone,

I´m Hendrikje from holland. I started this afternoon and i think i wil do it for 10 days. Afther watching the movies not so looking forward to day 2 and 3. I also stopped smoking sigarettes this afthernoon (2 packs a day).

So my main goal is to get healthy, and looking forward at reading your experiences!

• Stacy

2 years ago

Hi Hendrikje - It's great to have you here! Congratulations on stopping smoking and starting your juice fast. You are right, the first few days can be pretty rough, especially on your first reboot. You might find them especially challenging since your body will not only be transitioning to juice but also experiencing nicotine withdrawals.

If you find it's too rough, you might think about checking out some of Joe's programs. The site has a number of different juicing programs varying in time frames. I believe the majority, if not all, do not go directly to juicing, but rather use several transition days of eating/juicing. This helps your body ease into juicing.

I don't want to discourage you, but I don't want you to be miserable either.

Regardless of your decision, you will be amazed at how great you feel on a juice fast! Good luck!

• Robin

2 years ago

Hi Hendrikje, You can do this,. Stacy has great advice. good luck

juice on

• KatherineAnna

2 years ago

Guys im scared to start- simply because im scared to fail :(

i have never completed or finished a diet. i try and fail 100% of the time :(

don't know what to do. my stomach feels heavy all the time because of the shit i eat. i don't know what food to buy, when and were to begin. im a student on a low budget in the United Kingdom. I've only got a blender (its a fabulous one though!- practically liquifies everything!).

Please. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you x

• Robin

2 years ago

hi KatherineAnna Welcome. I'm new at this as well. This is my 3rd day. If you are use to eating junk go to the recipe section and pick a few and then go from there. you may want to only do 1-2 juices a day until your system get use to it along with eating plants only. Also a blender will leave a LOT of pulp. If you don't like that you can strain it. I had the nutri bullet and altho I like it I don't like the pulp. So until my juicer gets here I will strain my juices. Good luck and I hope I helped

juice on

• Stacy

2 years ago

Hi KatherineAnne, I'm glad you found our group! I totally understand what you mean about how you feel after eating a lot of junk food. Junk food is so addictive and it gives us absolutely zero nutrients.

Keep in mind that Juicing and Blending are totally different. They are both great and have many benefits but as Robin said, blending leaves pulp.

When you blend, everything that is put into the blender is "chewed" and becomes part of the end product. So your smoothie will have the entire apple, cucumber, kale, etc. All the fiber, all the nutrients, and all the calories.

When you juice, everything is "chewed" but the juice is separated from the pulp. The nutrients will be extracted from the juice. When you drink your juice you'll have a high concentration of nutrition, much higher than blending because you won't have the bulk of the fiber.

With that said, blending is still a very healthy thing to do. It is less expensive since you will not be separating the pulp, so it may be an excellent option for you at this time.

There are some great recipes on Joe's site for smoothies, and there are also some great websites that deal primarily with smoothies. You might check out GreenSmoothieGirl.com.

One final thought. Don't be too hard on yourself. The only time you fail is when you stop altogether! As long as you keep getting back up and dusting yourself off and trying again, you're still in the game (and a success in my eyes).

• Sergio

2 years ago

2/23 Good morning everyone! Day 8 feeling great, back on the road... while i did my juicing at home my wife added a small vita coconut juice to each of my juices and it was a gtreat idea because it took away the bitterness from the juices... thought I should pass that along..... Juice on !!!

• Stacy

2 years ago

Hey Sergio, I LOVE adding coconut water to my juices! I do it all the time and I agree, it does reduce the bitterness. I think it also "smoothes" the taste out. The only thing to watch is that you are still getting enough juice. You may be drinking the same number, but they are now diluted, so you are getting fewer nutrients. Just something to keep in mind.

It sounds like you are doing great!

• Sergio

2 years ago
    Hi Stacy... i keep my juices the same 16oz and to that i add the coconut water wich makes it about 26oz.... dink my juices and stay hudrated at the same time :-)....
  • Laurie

2 years ago

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to get started on another juice fast and keep starting but end up eating. Did a 7 day fast last year and lost 7 pounds. I felt great! I want to succeed this time but having a struggle staying with it. It's great reading all the posts and very motivating! My struggles are: coffee and lazy-itis toward juicing and cleaning up! I find coffee makes me want to eat so I'll be more successful when I can kick it. One thing that seems to help the lazy-itis is - Trader Joe's has been stocking some fresh (?) juices that seem pretty straight forward just as we would juice in our juicer at home! The one I'm drinking now is the Green juice with kale, spinach, apple, cucumber, celery, lemon and ginger. It's delicious. Having some of these juices on hand really helps me when I don't feel like juicing. A little pricey but it helps with the temptation to grab something quick. I've decided to add a Pea Protein powder to a few of my daily juices to help with the hunger and stamina. This may slow the weight loss but I'm in no huge hurry. I'm so glad to find this Juicing Challenge community! Here's to success!

• K Marie

2 years ago

As I understand it (I am new too) just make sure the juices are cold pressed not a smoothie type or processed. We have a store called Winco (I think it is a local employee owned so probably not outside of Oregon) that sells Bolthouse cold pressed for half the price that I can find it anywhere else. 2.98 for 12 oz.

I just tried pea protein tonight - not sure I can tolerate the gritty texture - but I also do bone broth and veggie broth ( make from my juiced pulp) and if those things slow my progress, so be it. I try to juice only once a day, in the evening and make sure I do enough for the whole next day. Fortunately my juicer is easy to clean.

Just keep at it. Think about every day you do as a success verses a day where you eat something as a failure. Good luck!

• Laurie

2 years ago

Yes it is cold pressed and not pasteurized. Only problem I have with it is, it's not organic but can't have everything! Thanks for the thought about Winco. There is a Winco close to where I live in California so I'll check. The one I buy at TJ's is $4.98!! So thanks.

• Robin

2 years ago

Hi K Marie I'm on day 3 feeling good. I lost 2.2 the 1st day and nothing the second. I haven't pooped since I started, (I know odd question I know) have you or anyone had this issue?

Have a great day ;)

• K Marie

2 years ago

Hi Robin - I am mid way through day 9, and I have the opposite issue. I am struggling with diarrhea do I can't speak to the constipation. i was down 1/2 pound this morning, but I was at this weight a few days ago so it is not an additional loss. I just scanned through some of the other group threads and I am going to try and up my coconut water intake. Just a thought for you - are you also drinking (enough) water, and have you tried herbal tea? Good luck, glad you are feeling good!

• Stacy

2 years ago

Hi Laurie - I frequently add protein to my juices too, especially when I have a day that I know I will be busy and challenged to stay on track. I like the Vega Protein and if you have a Costco you might see if they carry it as they do in my area. It's significantly cheaper.

Also, regarding cleaning your juicer and prepping juices . . . WOW, do I hear you there! I did a 60-day juice fast last year and the never ending shopping, juicing, and cleaning was by far the hardest part! Shortly after that particular fast, I purchased a masticating juicer which made a huge positive difference in my juice yield. I usually make enough juice for a couple of days and keep a few in the freezer as a back-up. There's really no getting around making the juice unless you want to buy it, which gets expensive and you lose control of the viability of the nutrient content. But I agree, knowing where to buy a few juices can ease the "pain" a bit.

• Laurie

2 years ago

Hi Stacy, I'm sorry I haven't responded! It's been awhile since I've gotten on the site. I'm looking forward to getting a new juicer in the near future. Now that I hear your story, I'll make it a priority. How did you feel after the 60 day juice fast? Congratulations on your success! I can't imagine doing it that long but all things are possible. It could make a huge difference in my health if done right. I do think a good masticating juicer would make a huge difference especially when it comes to greens. When I juice them with the one I have, it doesn't seem worth it so I stick with juicer veggies like cucumbers, celery, etc. I will definitely check with Costco - great idea! Have a blessed day and happy juicing!

• K Marie

2 years ago

This morning I began day 8, so basically had 7 under my belt, and for the last 4 days I have hovered around the same weight....within 2-3 oz up or down. Has anyone else plateaued so early?

I am drinking water, tea, juice, coconut water....and from the start I have done one mug most of broth. Ideas? I mean, I am not too worried. If I was weighing weekly, I would be thrilled with my first week loss at 6 pounds. I mean, I would be delighted to lose 3 or 4 pounds a week if it was consistent. Just curious about weight loss rates others are experiencing. I had about 30-35 pounds total to lose so I know with less to lose it can sometimes be slower.

More importantly of course, I want to reverse the current pre-diabetes to whole health so that number is 3 months from now when my doctor retests my A1c. Thank you all for your updates. I don't know about you, but I love having a place to come to read how others are faring since no one else in my life is juicing. So thanks everyone!

• Laurie

2 years ago
    [deleted]
  • Laurie

2 years ago

Does the broth have a lot of sodium? That would cause water retention and weight gain for me...

• K Marie

2 years ago

The organic bone broth isn't that high in sodium, but also, I have done it from the start and the first few days I lost a total of 6 pounds. So maybe? But that one mug of broth feel worth it!

• Laurie

2 years ago

I know what you mean about the bone broth. I made broth from my pulp today and it really helped. You lost 6 pounds already doing what you're doing so it's my guess you will probably drop some more shortly. Blessings!

• reclaim

2 years ago

I had a few days around the same time, but the scale budged eventually. I did eat a little solid food one day socially, but it didn't make any real difference. I'd lost about 5 and was stuck, but then it moved down 2. I can feel my jeans aren't as tight, that's how I know I've lost a little.

• Robin

2 years ago

HI Thanks Joe and reclaim for your welcome and help. Today is day 2 and I'm telling you I feel great. I always thought I ate enough veggies and fruits but I guess I was wrong. I slept better than I have in a while and woke with more energy than I know what to do with. I usually want to munch at night usually on salty stuff but didn't even think about it last night. I did 5 juices yesterday. I'm use to eating 5-6 small meals a day anyway. So I hope everyone has an amazing day. OH ps I'm down 2.2 lbs. YAY ME!

KEEP JUICING!

• Andres Serrano

2 years ago

Hello everyone, I'm starting today! I would be grateful if you could orientate me. How many times a day is supposed to be taken and how many ounces is the glass, you can only substitute breakfast or dinner and make a normal lunch. Thank you

• K Marie

2 years ago

Amazon has Joe's book, and it is not very expensive. It has everything you need to know about short and long juice fasts, as well as transitioning in and out of juicing only. I think a lot of the same info is here on the website, but for me, I find being able to pick up the book easier to navigate. You can download a 10 day fast schedule here online, but the detail in the book made it much easier for me.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.