JUICING CHALLENGE FOR BEGINNERS! JOIN ME!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Bee Hu

2 years ago

End of day TWO...whoo! I survived with no solid food whatsoever and three sips of coffee. I could handle the hunger pains from the smell of food (a sip of juice helped there,) but the headache I couldn't hack. Needless to say, I'm glad this day is done and hope day THREE is good to me.

BTW...after a month of a vegan diet my clothes already fit better. I can't wait to see what juicing has in store for me.

Happy Juicing :)

• Finlee

2 years ago

bee thats what im tryin to do know, cabbage soup and juicing, im hoping i get to juice alone

• justlyn

2 years ago

Hi, Glad to have found a support group. I'm aiming to start Wednesday, March 1st, but may start a day early if I get all of my ducks in a row ;-) I've done a 10 day juice cleanse in the past and from what I can remember of it, i felt pretty good energy wise while doing it. I'm aiming for 30 days this time around. I have the Norwalk Juicer that's been sitting pretty on my kitchen counter collecting dust for quite some time now, so I'm excited to start using it again. I cut out coffee a few days ago... and have been cutting back on dairy except goat cheese in preparation for the cleanse. I'm sure the first week will be a challenge with its ups and downs, but I'm SO ready for this!!!

• Georgio

2 years ago
    [deleted]
  • Michelletc

2 years ago

Today is my first day juicing as well! Started my tourney 2 nights ago by shopping for my fruits and veggies and yesterday I bought my juicer! Had my first ever juice this morning with my son who has said he wants to juice in the mornings with me :) He is 17 and EATS! Hope you have a successful start! All the best to you!

• K Marie

2 years ago

Oscar's time in Oregon. I know, there are bigger issues in the world, but here I sit NOT eating garbage while I watch. In fact, I had my dinner juice and I am warming up with a big ol' glass of hot water. I can actually say with day 12 mostly behind me, I still feel great and I am pumped to keep going. I even prepped for tomorrow already. I am to the point where I believe I can do 30, or even 60 if I decide to continue. Happy.

Hope everyone is feeling good today!!

• Finlee

2 years ago

just remember most of those a listers are on the same plan you are, they do it 2 weeks before oscars so they can look their best, it really is one big celebration after the show ill bet. ill bet they have a huge catering service that brings their juices to them or they do the spa fat farm and get the whole treatment! wonder if the clothing people are kept busy doing alterations til the last minute after they drop some weight??? its a whole thing

• Bee Hu

2 years ago

Day TWO...woke up with a headache. Made my way downstairs and looked at my coffeemaker. Sadly made my way to the fridge and poured myself a cup of mostly yellow/orange juice, which I prepared the night before. I have a happy tummy now and should be getting ready here soon to take a two hour drive to see my aunt in the hospital who has been diagnosed with cancer. I haven't traveled with my drinks so this will get me ready for a longer trip next weekend.

BTW that cup of juice that I sipped while I cooked dinner last night helped. While everyone ate the homemade Pizza I downed another cup of juice, and I was good for the rest of the night.

Happy juicing everyone!

• Finlee

2 years ago

im thinking i might start juicing in the garage as i have a large frigerator there when the weather picks up

• caroline

2 years ago

Hi Sonya just joined today and working round this site with blinkers at the moment! Wanted to email Joe Cross direct but don't think that is possible? Am making a shopping list for tomorrow and will try to talk to my GP tomorrow as well. I have Bi-polar and anxiety and as there was no mention of mental health on the video i just hope i am doing the right thing?

Anyway Sonya i wish you all the best for your reboot.......stick with it girl......if it gets too hard go to bed and hibernate until your next juice.

kind regards

Caroline from England. x

• Michelletc

2 years ago

I have mental health issues as well, so I know the struggles one can face. My hope in juicing is that the nutrients I will now gain, will help boost my energy levels and give me an overall feeling of "good". My depression, PTSD and anxiety keep me "caged up" for a lack of better words so I am hoping the juicing, eating better ( because my depression makes me not want to eat anything), and light exercise like walking everyday, will help. Good luck and stay kind to yourself!

• Maddogcupcake

2 years ago

Caroline you are doing a great thing for your mental health. You could probably benefit from some high dosage vitamins, like niacin is excellent for depression. Do some research on vitamins good for your condition!

• kitkat85

2 years ago

I'd like to start juicing on March 1st, want to try to do a 30 day fast and see how i feel afterwards then maybe try to do more...

I'm not really to sure how to start...

I have an idea, but would like to know what a typical day would look like for you all to ensure i'm doing this correctly.

• Georgio

2 years ago
    [deleted]
  • juanatakeaway

2 years ago

Hi beautiful community! I saw the documentary three days ago and started my juice cleanse the next day. Hehe I wouldn't have done it if it weren't for this big hard painful lump on my neck that's been there since July last year, two months after my late husband committed suicide. I've been vegan for about 5 years now since I was 22 and I've been pretty healthy overall except for this lump which I'm determined to vanquish through the power of juice cleansing! I'm only on day 2 but I've already caved and eaten an avocado shmeared on lettuce leaves. I must say I'm not even mad about it! This journey may even inspire me to go raw vegan! I'm not going to dismiss it, I'm feeling very weak and somewhat crummy but at the same time feeling really good about myself for taking charge! Anyway, thank you so much for the support community! Congrats to everyone crushing it :) You're all very inspiring!!!

• Michelletc

2 years ago

My son keeps calling this a diet, I keep correcting him. Because in my mind I am not dieting, I am making a lifestyle change and better, healthier choices. So, you will have those cravings, you will have those days where you eat vs juice... like in the movie, Joe said that if you eat something one day...over indulge, balance it out the next day. Remember to be kind to yourself....

• Cece8003

2 years ago

I ran today for 3 miles!!! I wanted to quit so bad, but I kept on going! even my daughter was running with me! not tempted yet and getting ready to end day 3. I originally started on Thursday afternoon. I couldn't wait until Friday!

• Maddogcupcake

2 years ago

Still having marked hunger on Day 6... this tries to explain why:

"Around day 5, roughly 80% of the "surface" toxins in the bloodstream and digestive system have been eliminated. On Day 6 you may be feeling a little better. But there is still another round of symptoms coming up. I want you to be ready. Around Day 6, the body starts to dig into the "deep" toxins that "hide" inside muscles and stored fat. These are the worst of the worst and, consequently, cause the harshest of the hunger pangs and detox symptoms. This phase lasts until day 10 to 14, at which point symptoms and hunger will diminish. Some people may experience hunger for as long as 21 days - depending on overall health and level of toxicity." - Robert Dave Johnston from the book "How to Lose 30 Pounds in 30 Days with Juice Fasting"

• suziecortez

2 years ago
    Thank you for that info. It makes sense, but it doesn't make it any easier though! Glad to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Finlee

2 years ago

so if you actually get to the 10 day, hop right back on the horse is the best idea??

• Bee Hu

2 years ago

Day ONE and I'm off to a shaky start because I wasn't prepared for breakfast. I had unexpected company and a very busy evening that I did not have time to prepare my breakfast juice. The plus side...I ate very little vege breakfast with a small bowl of oatmeal. After I cleaned up breakfast I prepared my veges and fruits, and even my company helped me juice. They tried a few different recipes and by the time they left they were talking about buying a juicer. I know this is not going to be easy but I'll give it a try.

Good job everyone. :)

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.