JUICING CHALLENGE FOR BEGINNERS! JOIN ME!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• K Marie

2 years ago

14 days done - I took a break tonight and ate a light dinner with friends - mostly veggies, but food. Now I am ready to jump in for 3 weeks, juice is ready for tomorrow day 1 (or 15 - depending on how you look at it.) I plan to take a break after that three weeks, and do 4 or 5 weeks. My decision was that - a conscious decision - so no "failure" self shaming. In fact, the headache that I am currently sporting (pretty sure from the dinner I ate) is the only negative about my choice. All is good though - back on 100% juice tomorrow and I am craving the simplicity and cleanness of it all.

Being gentle with yourself, whatever process or plan you take, seems to be as much a part of the healing our old habits as anything else we do. I like that so many on here are doing things just a little differently...I enjoy reading about your journey, and I would bet the vast majority of us are feeding ourselves significantly better than we were before we started.

Can't wait to go refill the fridge tomorrow afternoon. :-)

• justlyn

2 years ago

I like that... no failure... no self shaming.

• Georgio

2 years ago
    [deleted]
  • Finlee

2 years ago

K Marie, I couldn't have said it better, you are my twin. I also have planned chest days so I don't derail- fully taking responsibility for consequences but not feeling like a fsilure. My personal opinion, is I would rather do a fast I can do and make it a success than fail. Not perfect fast but much better plan than I had last week! Lol

• Finlee

2 years ago

day two down for me. i am juicing and eating veggies so this has been easy then again hard, have to have a plan for when you just want to eat something, tonite it was the mall, going to cancun on the 11 of march. looking at swimsuits and got a 24 ounce juice! mine are better. too much carot!

• Bee Hu

2 years ago

Good job! Omg...the smell of food the first few days were tough. Cancun? Oh how exciting! That should peak your willpower to continue juicing. I agree on the purchased juices. I bought one the other day from a grocery store (organic, whole foods, & fresh) and it was too sugary...too much apples?

• Bee Hu

2 years ago

Day FOUR...I'm not hungry. I forced myself to finish my second glass of juice...bleh! I don't feel like I'm going to be hungry for the rest of the day so I'm making some vegetable broth. Hope this brings my appetite back so I can keep juicing. No coffee and still no headache.

• Finlee

2 years ago

people here would kill to say im not hungry- drink some with more fruit in it, and youll have that back if you want it?? but i did do a fast from a guy from england, lots of fruit so i was not hungry for the 6 days but i didnt lose a pound either

• Georgio

2 years ago
    [deleted]
  • justlyn

2 years ago

Day #1 ??? On paper I was starting tomorrow... but... I juiced up a whole bunch of goodness this morning :-) I'll see how today goes... maybe it's going to be my official start day after all! *woot woot*

• Finlee

2 years ago

i can be a trial run so you can be successful when you do it

• Bee Hu

2 years ago

Day THREE...I was amazed that I wasn't hungry when I woke up this morning. I think I had at least six, 16 oz, glasses of juice and five bottles of water, some coconut water, and hot water with lemon to substitute for my coffee.

No coffee today and no headache. I cooked an early dinner for the kids and went off to the grocery store with a small glass of juice. I wasn't hungry after I got home and I still don't feel hungry. So, all in all, it was a good day.

Happy juicing everyone!

• Sergio

2 years ago

Hello everyone. ok so today is the end of day 12. I said I was going to try this for 10 days to see what it was like, this week I had no weight loss to report I maintained the same weight, my sugar did drop to 175.. that is good.. today I had a salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and avocado my wife added a little grilled chicken and I couldn't eat it I got nauseous, really! am I slowly becoming a vegan? lol well since this reboot wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, I am going to keep on going to the 30 day mark..... juice on!

• Maddogcupcake

2 years ago

You're coming off your fast too quickly with a salad and chicken. This is probably why you're nauseated.

• K Marie

2 years ago

What is today? Day 13 for me which started with reaching 10 pounds gone! YAHOO. Nothing like success to motivate you to continue. My 77 year old mom is even sipping my juices now - oh, that one is better she says, lol. It has quietly inspired her to eat more veggies than she was (she has a decent diet, and for her age is in great shape - she only takes Vit D3 that I talked her into, and has NO other prescriptions - but I don't think I will get her to go full juice! ha ha. My birthday is at the end of March and we always celebrate our families March birthdays with corned beef and cabbage. I will eat some dinner, it's a choice, but mom already told me the list of added veggies she is adding to the dinner so I can get my fill on them. I feel so fortunate to be supported by family.

I have been steadily upping my kale intake in my juices, and found that lots of greens with a couple cukes and lemons is really becoming a favorite. I add any other greens I have in the house - parsley, broccoli, cabbage, and a little apple to bring a bit of sweet. My new favorite.

Hope everyone is faring well. I would never have believed almost 2 weeks in that I would feel this good.

• Bee Hu

2 years ago
    Good job on day 13!
  • Finlee

2 years ago

those drinks sound like the ones i try to configure, cucumber, green pepper,kale, anything with green or lots of water some lemon, little bit of ginger and dont forget the apple

• Maddogcupcake

2 years ago

Dark circles under eye - is anyone else experiencing this? I'm at Day 9 and the darkness appeared around Day 7.

• K Marie

2 years ago

no dark circles - i would ask if you are sleeping enough? In fact, aside from weight, the 2nd most apparent result for me is how clear my skin feels and looks. Maybe drink more coconut water?

• Finlee

2 years ago

ive decided that im going to start with joes three day juice fast and see where it takes me, to transition into possibly something longer i am adding cabbage soup to my juices. im hoping to get this one day down! ive read that hospitals use the cabbage soup recipe with clients pre operation to get the weight down and i need that, guess this is the best i KNOW i can do and KEEP ON DOING! who knows i might find once i get started that im fine eventually with juice alone

• Bee Hu

2 years ago
    Anything that helps you to juice I think is worth a try. Good luck.
  • Finlee

2 years ago

i managed to get my first day done with a success! it feels soo good, the headache and the chills(already) not so much!!

• Marta

2 years ago

Hello everybody from Poland! It's my 1st day and I'm after Mean Green :D My juicer can't handle squeezing juice from kale, so I blended it. I hope everybody have a nice day:) I'll let you know how I feel after couple days:)

• Finlee

2 years ago

blending will probally be a little more comfortable

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.