JUICING CHALLENGE FOR BEGINNERS! JOIN ME!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Bee Hu

2 years ago

Day SIX...Yesterday I was absolutely miserable. Standing and trying to prepare dinner for my family was torture. I had to keep sitting down to relieve a terrible upper backache which I attributed to constipation. It almost felt like UTI but I knew it couldn't be that since I've been drinking more water than usual. I drank water mixed with chia and ground flax seeds before I went to bed. I woke up feeling good this morning.

I'm actually hungry and craving something. Yes! Maybe its a mind thing but feeling hungry makes me feel alive. I had a few bites of baked sweet potato, sprinkled with cinnamon and flax seed, and I'm back to drinking my juice with a smile. I figure if I'm going to go off track it will be with fresh veges and fruits. I don't feel guilty eating a sweet potato this morning...lol. Onto day Day SEVEN...

Happy Juicing Everyone!

• Finlee

2 years ago

bee congrats! day 6! thats where im at too, im a juicer or a very commited vegan, juicer, juice or juice and veggies, dont think ill need to add fruit, ill reserve that for my dessert drinks! had peach pie yesterday,it was the best!

• justlyn

2 years ago

@Bee Hu I'll bet you're glad yesterday is over with! Glad you felt better this morning... Keep on keeping on!!!

• yoliep

2 years ago

I thought the juices would make me go to the bathroom immediately. It did with my husband. But i'm glad to see i'm not the only one. I was starting to get worried there was something wrong with me lol. I'll have to try the chia and flax seeds. Thanks. I'm so glad for this forum. It's hard doing this by yourself.

• Bee Hu

2 years ago

@yoliep,

I'm thinking of making a trip for some prunes or prune juice...just in case. Constipation is making me miserable.

• JackCrAtl

2 years ago

Working on a 60 day juice fast – 10 days in. I’m drinking 64 oz a day of a Mean Green variation (I’m doing celery, spinach, kale, parsley, cucumbers, apples, lemons, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, and spirulina). I am also taking vitamin C supplements and drinking on average an additional 64 oz of filtered water. I’m using a Breville centrifugal juicer but I am planning to upgrade to a masticating juicer next week.

So far I’ve lost 9 pounds with most days being a loss of around .8 – 1 pound. A couple of days I gained weight, but I attribute this to water retention, especially since I currently have no more fiber working its way through my colon! Appetite not a problem anymore, and most of my sugar/starch cravings have subsided, but not completely been turned off. Overcoming coffee was the hardest part of Week 1; the headaches were killer!

After Week 2 I will probably adjust my juice recipe to keep my body from getting used to/bored with the vegs from juicing.

Good luck to everyone who is doing this for the first time! I tried a 60 day juice fast several years ago but only got to two weeks, and since then it has been a slow, steady increase in weight and blood sugar levels. Enough! This time I am 100% committed!

• Bee Hu

2 years ago

Good job! I can't wait to get to day ten. Yes, coffee withdrawals was downright awful.

• Finlee

2 years ago

good job jack! im glad to hear sugar starch cravings will be dimminished soon for me! is 64 oz of juice enough for you? is it satisfying? some of the people here drink a ton and then add lots more water, i dont think i have gotten to 64 yet, on past juices i found for myself, if i add sweeter juices i am more satisfied but do not lose anything and that is a primary goal, so im like you 80/20 on the juices with a nice little taste bud juice every so. juice on!

• justlyn

2 years ago

@JackCrAtl Congrats on the 10 days you've gotten in!!! How's your energy level? I'll bet your glad to have the first week behind you given the headaches you experienced. I don't get headaches often, but when I do... it's bad.

I would like to find a simple green recipe to follow as I find I've just been "winging" it... thankfully I'm enjoying what my Norwalk is pressing out for me :-) I ordered Joe Cross' first book to kinda serve as my "juice bible" if you will... give me some form of direction over the course of this month.

Good job on the weight loss also!

• Georgio

2 years ago
    [deleted]
  • armadillomom

2 years ago

Good Morning, Everyone! Day 1 of juicing starts today. Looking forward to feeling better. I completed a 60 day juice fast last Spring, and it felt awesome!

• justlyn

2 years ago

@armadillomom I bet that 60 day juice fast you did last spring felt like such an accomplishment! I'm aiming for 30 days... longest ever was a 10 day stretch last year.

• Georgio

2 years ago
    [deleted]
  • Marta

2 years ago

Hey! I'm on my 4th day juicing, but yesterday I had baked sweet potato chips instead beet juice, because I had strange taste in my mouth, do I have to reboot now?

• justlyn

2 years ago

Life happens...yesterday is gone...I'd suggest you just continue your regular juicing schedule today :-)

• JackCrAtl

2 years ago

I wouldn't start over... just pick up and carry on, mindful of what triggered your desire to eat the chips. As non-juice options go, you could have done a lot worse than baked sweet potato chips, so don't worry. Maybe add 1 day on to your total reboot if it bothers you.

• Bee Hu

2 years ago

Good job on day 4! I just had a few bites of baked potatoe and since it's what we're drinking I'm not going to feel bad about it. I'm on day 6 and onto day 7.

• Marta

2 years ago

Thank you guys very much! Weekend ahead And I'm worrying:( My boyfriend cooks for me delicious meals every weekend and it will be strange not to eat something or drink mojito;(

• K Marie

2 years ago

Decided I needed more juice ready for tomorrow, so I just made the "kitchen sink" - 3 big stalks swiss chard, 2 small yellow squash, 3 carrots, 2 beets, 1 big cucumber, 2 cups of fresh green beans, 1 pear, 1 lemon, one apple. I tasted it (I always guzzle down whatever doesn't fit my bottles, and I am ready for it to be tomorrow. Stinking delicious.

• Georgio

2 years ago
    [deleted]
  • Finlee

2 years ago

bipolar, my son struggles, im thinking this fast can take you up and down rapidly, anyway it has me. i would add strong 12hour release vitamin b and magnesium at least 500 both are very calming, 5 http is also good, if you find you are having trouble, try moderation and added vegetables with your juices and slowly get to where you want to be. if you are on meds or considering it, now is a good time, if you get results you hoped for, you can taper off later.

• Bee Hu

2 years ago

Day FIVE...Still have no apetite. I did drink my two juices, and alot of water, a vege broth, and a smoothie with fresh pineapple & coconut water. I needed to refuel after a 1.5 mile walk during lunch. No matter how much water I drink I still feel dehydrated and seem to be more tired than anything.

Not looking forward to my beet juice for dinner...lol.

Happy juicing everyone!

• justlyn

2 years ago

Bravo on getting to day #5!!! I would think the no appetite is a good thing, so long as you are consuming your daily allotment of juice. Hopefully the tiredness goes away soon for you... shouldn't we be feeling exhilarated on this cleanse after a few days? :-) Do you have a good beet juice recipe to share?

• Bee Hu

2 years ago

Thank you! I agree...I'm still waiting on the exhilaration. The beet juice I'm dreading was my first batch a few days ago. I don't recall what I put in aside from the beet. However, the batch I made last night I juiced five sweet potatoes, five carrots, two beets, and three grapefruit. The beet flavor toned done some but it's still there...lol.

I juiced a large batch and I made a huge mess. Toward the end I just wanted to go to bed. Needless to say I cleaned up my mess and enjoyed tasting the full flavor of everything I juiced (Celery, carrots, cabbage (my fave), variety of leafy greens, beets, grapefruit, sweet potatoes, apples, and cantaloupe.)

• Maddogcupcake

2 years ago

I would not be worried about a loss of appetite. Many people have this reaction and it's a blessing. Your body is cleaning itself and seizing the opportunity, so it has shut off the hunger cues. Some people don't experience hunger at all on a fast. Some people only have hunger the first two weeks. And some people have a low level of hunger during the whole thing.

• Georgio

2 years ago
    [deleted]
  • Tiffany

2 years ago

Hello! I am so excited I found this page! I am going to need a lot of support on my journey. So I actually started juicing yesterday... I want to aim for the full 60 days but I am getting pretty confused about it. I would like to do JUST juice but I have seen that all of his plans don't have this...

Any tips or suggestions would be highly appreciated! I am sooo excited to get healthy and to see what my mind and body can really accomplish!

• justlyn

2 years ago

Hi Tiffany,

Welcome! I'm going for 30 days and today is my first day. Juice only cleanse here. :-)

• Tiffany

2 years ago

Hello Justlyn!

Thank you! I am on my second day and as of right now.. I want to eat EVERYTHING! How many juices are you having per day?

• justlyn

2 years ago

I need to juice my dinner yet... I've had 3 16oz jars of goodness so far today, I'll have another 16oz for my dinner and possibly another 16oz before going to bed if I feel hungry for it. :-) I'm not going to worry about limiting my intake this first week in... but rather just pay attention to how I'm feeling hunger and energy wise. How about yourself? Surprisingly I'm not feel hungry today... hope it lasts LOL

• Finlee

2 years ago

i would shoot for three day and get the success, then annother, it adds up to 30 right? stick with the group as they are rocking it, right girls? personally ive been working the juice for5-6 days and have been easing into it, so far im finishing up the first of my three day juice and im adding cabbage soup and other veggies to it. not quite ready to give up the chewing and its just easier for me that way, im now looking at juice and raw veggies, so each of these is going to get better and better

• Georgio

2 years ago
    [deleted]
  • K Marie

2 years ago

New scale today, as I wanted to get a body fat baseline. Used both this morning and the new one is a full 2 pounds heavier - boo. So I am starting today at 179.4 and 27.4 BF as my new baseline. Ready to rock the next 3 weeks. Great day to you all.

• justlyn

2 years ago

OK... so today is my official Day #1 after all. Hubby called late afternoon yesterday, and said "we should go out to dinner seeing as how this is your last day for eating real food for a month" LOL Long story short... I took the bait. I ordered something I wouldn't typically prepare at home, duck.

Tea with half a lemon first thing this morning to replace my morning cup of java...

Have a great day everyone & Happy Juicing!!!

• Georgio

2 years ago
    [deleted]
  • justlyn

2 years ago

OMG too funny... I just read your post and realized I had typed tea instead of water. I totally meant to say I had boiled water with the juice from half a lemon.:-)

• Finlee

2 years ago

That's the worst part- I had two invitations and I don't have the willpower to do it! Had to decline! Finishing up my first 3 day reboot with juices and veggies. Im going to make it, success is what matters with this this, to keep building successes. Next Monday, I will try for longer!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.