Rheumatoid Arthritis - Autoimmune

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Allison

4 years ago

Hi - Has anyone had success juicing w/ RA? I have had RA and fibromyalgia for 5 years. I am on Day 6 of a juice fast. I tapered off all meds in May before a 4 day water fast, which provided some relief of symptoms. Juicing seems more sustainable, but I am still in a lot of pain. I would be interested to hear how others are doing.

• lfast

4 years ago

New to the group and wondering if anyone here has actually succeeded in putting their RA into remission through juicing? I'm on day 21 of a juice only fast and thought I would feel better than I do now.

• Allison

3 years ago

Hi - I found that reducing fruit in the juice recipes helped. I did a 7 day juice fast, which included 6 apples per day, which flared my RA pain & stiffness. I took a break from fruit & my symptoms improved immediately. My Dr. confirmed that too much fruit will aggravate RA symptoms, because of the sugar. How are you doing now? Would love to hear an update.

• Radroa

4 years ago

Hi Team I see RA n get interested. I have a recent diagnosis of RA. I am juicing to get more healthier n hopefully to reverse the autoimmune status. I am quite overweight am on a cocktail of medications too. Today is day 5 so far bearable. Can I join you?

• Trish

4 years ago

I have noticed that my hands are hurting less today, also the nodule on my right knuckle is a bit smaller. woohoo.

• Trish

4 years ago

I am on my 2nd day of juicing, feeling pretty *yucky*, but better than before the fast. I don't need pain killers for my hands :) yay. I'm hoping that I continue to feel better and better, I'm sure I will. And I hope all of you do too....

So for all of you suffering with RA, please post your experiences juicing. It's nice to have support from people who understand what it is like to have RA.

• Trish

4 years ago

Well, I see that this group fizzled out a few months ago, but want to get it rolling again :)

• JointPains

4 years ago

Sorry guys i did my juicing for 4 days and after that my doctor recommended that I start Methotrexate for a week and during that week she wanted me to have normal food. I hate when someone thinks juice is not normal food. But just finished the 1 week pack and started juicing again. Have you both started juicing yet? I will continue my journey here.

• DrKat

4 years ago

Dear JP and Blessed, I too have Rheumatoid Arthritis for 20+ years. Plantar fascists pain is the worst. Mostly little pain except in upper feet and toes. Been on prednisone, 5mg for years. Helps pain, allergies, asthma but appetite and weight are increased. Kat

• Blessed1

4 years ago

Psoriatic and osteo here, but on a good medication and injections that have started to kick in. Juicing,eating raw/healthy and exercising. I have given myself a year (the rest of my life) to reclaim my body and keep it going...

• JointPains

4 years ago

Background : It has been a hell of a ride. I got married last year in September was way too happy with my husband , I don't know if all that wedding planning stress added up or something else 'Just happened' , I was in pain all the time after the marriage , I thought it was due to all the work during the wedding.

Later after a month , I was diagnosed with Plantar fasciitis ( pain in my feet) . Did everything possible for that - exercises , rest , physical therapy , icing . Spent so much money on doctors , shoe soles , custom orthotics ( 800 $ wasted !!!!) . And podiatrists made a lot of money from me. I was spending so much money on doctors for pain in my feet. I actually lost 20 pounds for my wedding in 1 year. Gained all of it back and added 10 pounds. I actually thought my life was bad and couldn't think it will get any worse.

BAM ! God has more surprises for me. After 6 months of all my "treatments" and no hope in sight , i started getting slight pain in my fingers . I went to my primary care doctor and all the reports were normal. I was happy that it is not something major and was concentrating on the pain in my feet again.

Then my primary care doctor called me up and informed me that I should get tested by a rheumatologist , because there is nothing wrong with any reports and wanted more tests to be done by a rheumatologist. More money spent !

Ok here , I made an appointment with a rheumatologist doctor , she spent almost an hour with me. Took blood samples and asked me to call her back in 2 weeks to figure out what is going on with me. Again after 2 weeks all the reports are normal . She wants me to take an MRI of my pelvis to make sure nothing else is abnormal.

Here comes the issue an MRI costs so much that I decided that I travel outside the country and come back rather than paying it. I visited India and also met with ayurvedic and homeo doctors and started taking their medication. In India I got soooo many tests done ( it was so affordable , i am not complaining about that) and everything came out normal AGAIN.

The doctors over there wanted me to start off Methotrexate , but I wanted to come back and check with my rheumatologist. After I came back to USA the pain spread to all my joints knees , elbows and any joint that you could think of.

After 14 months of my feet pain and just 5 months of pain in my fingers , I am on a couple of medications and want to try Juicing for 60 days.

I have traveled 20 countries all by myself but was never scared so much in my life. I want to get back to normal and travel the remaining countries and volunteer for all kids there. I will write down each day of my journey here.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.