1 year ago

DAY 2 ,

here going strong. happy juicing .

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Awesome... Keep it up. Happy Juicing!

• DreaM

1 year ago

Great work IamFIT - I am a day behind you. No looking back, we can do this!

• [...]

1 year ago

Any tips from anyone about:

1) whether the upgrade on the Reboot phone app is worth it. I have the free one, don't know if the $7.99 for the additional features is worth it?

2) How to stick with the 80/20 rule, esp. during the reboot juice-only phase? I'm finding myself closer to 60/40 or 50/50... the fruits produce so much more juice than the veggies, plus the fruits are necessary to make the veggies palatable. Any lists of RwJ recipes online that are favorites that meet the 80/20 criteria would be great!

Edit | Delete your post
  • WorldWide

1 year ago

Hi Ellie,

Here are some recipes I came up with. I like to keep it simple. I failed 6 times and now I'm on day 50 of my 7th attempt. Keep at it.

- I am drinking a rainbow everyday getting a variety of nutrients and phyto-nutrients.

- It provides about 1250 calories, so I can be functional

- It is costing me between 13 to $16 a day depending on what's on sale

- it's about 75% vegetables for the day

It may be a bit boring, but I don't want to spend a ton of time figuring out different recipes. I'm impatient when it comes to that :-)

I drink two qts 64 oz / 2 liters of my Really mean green version

Here is the Green recipe - makes 64oz / 2 liters

- 2 romaine lettuce heads
    - 1 Kale bunch (lacinato)
    - 1 Spinach bunch
    - 1 whole celery bunch
    - 2 cucumbers
    - 10 cloves of garlic (optional)
    - 2 inches of ginger
    - 2 Lemons
    - 4 to 6 apples ( depending on size)

Subs - 1 apple for a mango or a yellow pepper

1 quart - 32oz - Carrot base

- about 20 carrots ( depending on size) ( just under a 5lb. bag of carrots)
    - 1 beet
    - 1 lemon

1 quart - 32oz - Watermelon base

- 1/3 of a watermelon
    - 1/3 of a purple cabbage
    - 1 Lemon

I try to drink them like meals in routine fashion within 15 minutes upon first sip:

- 8 or 9am - Green
    - 11am or noon - Carrot
    - 2or 3pm - Watermelon
    - 5 or 6pm - 2nd 32oz green

I like making it simple and have been drinking the same juices. I hate :-) cleaning the juicer, so I make 3 days at a time and store them in 32oz wide mouth mason jars in the fridge. So I triple the above recipes and make them every 3 days. I plug the recipes in a calculator and they provide me with close to 1300 calories, so I can be fully functional still and work while covering all my nutrient needs. Plus it is 75% vegetable and 25% fruit and everyday I am getting a wide variety of nutrients.

• Go1982

1 year ago

Hi Ellie, a pretty simple one to go 80/20 is : carrot(~65%)/ beetroot(~15%) / orange (~20%).

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Thank you Worldwide for this recipes! I will try them this week.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

I like green juices with spinach, lemon and apple. I put 1 lemon in each of my juices, and I put 1 small apple with approx. 5-8 handfuls of spinach. I also add romaine and cucumer to this mix to have more veggies in the juice. It is one of the more delicious juices I make.

I also like a lot of carrots, with 2 sweet potatos, 1 beet and 1 apple and 1 lemon. And ginger.

I also make beet juice with sweet potatoe, oranges and ginger.

At the beginning I was trying to follow 80:20 rule by cutting everyting into cubes. And I made 4-5 veggie cubes for every fruit cube I did. Now I follow my gut and I buy more veggies than fruit. But if I struggle with the taste of juice I add more fruit. My logic goes like this: it's better to drink a juice that is 50:50 or 60:40 and like it because is sweet, than to sip on a yucky veggie juice and be hungry in the evening, because you hardly drink any. Especially in the beginning drinking 80% veggie juices can be hard. And with each day you just add more and more vegetables to the juices and sweet juices are less and less appealing.

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Yes, in the beginning its hard on the taste buds. The carrot and watermelon ones taste like dessert :-) the green took me a week to get used to. However the reason I'm doing the same juices (yes a bit restrictive) besides keeping it simple is that I want to change my relationship with food in general.

- eat more for fuel - making sure my nutritional needs are met rather then for pleasure.

As Joe put it, "I was hanging out too much in the FUN part of town" eating nutrition less junk food

• [...]

1 year ago

Thanks everyone for all your great tips! I took notes!! :-)

Edit | Delete your post
  • Kouzelna

1 year ago

Hey Ellie,

I'll be straight with you. What motivates me most on the 80/20 rule, is that most people won't lose weight otherwise. I won't. And when I add too much fruit, over time I start to get dizzy and lightheaded from the sugar overload. So I'm pretty strict about following the rule.

For me, I just keep it simple: in 1 liter of juice, I add a single piece of fruit, be it an apple, orange or whatever. No more than one piece. (I also add 1 lemon or 1 lime to many recipes, but that doesn't count as they have negligible sugar content). That keeps things tasting nice, but also helps me continue feeling good and dropping weight.

• [...]

1 year ago

Hi all, just saw this group and was also posting in another "beginner's" group. Today I am trying for my 3rd "Day 1" in a week. Struggling to make it through a few initial hurdles. First, the juicer I bought was a PITA so I had to wait a few days till I had the time to go get another. Second (yesterday), I juiced something REALLY BAD (thought it was fennel, I think it was something in the onion family) and threw up my whole juice, so finished my day eating. Today I'm trying again, it's now 2:16, I've had my hot water/lemon/ginger, a red juice, my mid-morning broth, and just finished my green juice. Going okay so far, just starting to get my late-day cravings to eat something junky but I'm going to keep with it. If nothing else, I've got to use up all this produce I bought before my first Day 1 before it goes bad!! LOL

Edit | Delete your post
  • Robin

1 year ago

Glad to have you join us Ellie! One thing I did to help the late night cravings was commit to not eating after a certain time. For me it was 6:00. I literally closed my kitchen and just did not go in there again. My friend RM would put a string across the entrance to her kitchen to remind herself the kitchen was closed. Now it has become a habit. I have also had a few juices that didn't sit well with me.....very uncomfortable......but don't let that derail you. Find some go-to juice recipes you like, that include a variety of colors, and you'll be more likely to be satisfied. Hang in there Ellie! After about Day 5, you will be amazed how easy it will be to keep going.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Hi Ellie, welcome to the group! I also struggle with Day 1 the most. It's the hardest day of any of the reboot days. But you just need to push through and it gets sooo much easier on day 2 already. By day 3 and 4, it's really easy and you don't feel hungry anymore. But you need to find some good recipes and stick with them in the beginning. If I make a yucky juice there is no forse that can make me drink it. :) But I found some great recipes and I try to make sure I always have one of the good juices at home in the fridge.

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Hey, we've all been there. Sometimes it takes a while to get it right. I'll be honest, I'm juicing on and off over the past two weeks, but with every passing day I get closer and closer to juice only, which is really encouraging to me. It's all about getting my routine right, and getting out of old habits which tend to rotate around food.

But I'm also relearning juicing techniques and grocery buying, prepping, storing after nearly a year of doing this the last time. I've made some mistakes the past two weeks which derailed my best efforts early on. So don't feel bad, just keep at it and you'll be surprised how smoothly it all goes after the first 5 days of juicing only get behind you. After that... I always feel I could juice forever and never go back to solid food again. ;)

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

I'm going out on a picnic today. Aaaa... Wish me luck!:) No matter what happens, I'll still be juicing tomorrow. But I will try and make healthy choices, and if I can I will stick to only drinking juice - I'm bringing two bottles with me!:)

http://cache.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/194159-Happy-Sunday-Wishing-You-A-Beautiful-Day.jpg

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

I survived picnic with no bigger sins to confess. I had my green juice in a bottle and no one even noticed I'm not really eating.

• Robin

1 year ago

Bravo SunnyRain! Most people don't really notice if you're not eating, especially if you don't make a big deal of it. So glad the picnic was successful and your attitude is good, not whining that you're missing out. Very positive.

• [...]

1 year ago

Great job! That's awesome, sticking with it while surrounded by temptation is the trickiest part, or so I'm expecting...

Edit | Delete your post
  • iamFIT

1 year ago

it was a beautiful day indeed, i am thinking to stop watching depressing news on TV, instead , take a book, and finish it while i do juicing for a month. your positive attitude is contagious.sunny.

• kimberly

1 year ago

Hi Everyone, I haven't posted for a week. I completed my 10 day juice fast and went back to healthy eating a week ago. So far so good. My challenge is to keep eating healthy. It is actually harder, I think, when you go back to food. I think it's psychological. I think I lost 15 lbs. I detoxed, my skin looks heathier and I have more energy. I am 56 and I have come to realize that your body isn't as forgiving as you age. The last few years I have gained excess weight up to 165, which for me is the most I've ever weighed. The weight loss will be slower but I'm off to a good start. Reading all your posts gives me the will power to keep going with this. I missed this. I am back at work and haven't had time to catch up. That is the other challenge I face. If I am working overtime I tend to eat less healthy because of stress and time. I have done okay this week but I can't get lazy. I don't want to. I went to Ikea last night with friends and they stopped for a snack and I went and found a heathier choice so I could join them. I will keep in touch. Thanks for all your great stories of inspiration. Keep on keepin on!!

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Hi Kimberly, Congrats! keep it up.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Congrats for finishing 10 day juice fast! Keep in touch as you continue with healthy eating.

• iamFIT

1 year ago

DAY 0NE OF JUICE ONLY, iam fit?,i am in! ROBIN WONDERFUL JOURNEY,thank you for sharing and inspiring, ,Iam with you, cause i need to lose 40 lbs immediately, to reach non obese range.It has to do with the height also.

starting today, i hope i reach my goal weight by december, so i don't look like santa claus in christmas party, that is so humiliating.or to be called that.

juices for today.

day 1-

spinach(i just finished it)

beets

carrots +cucumber

green teas 2 cups(i heard it helps in increasing metabolism)

lots of barley water. i boil the barley seeds in water, and cool it down and have it(i need to to reduce lymphedema.i wear the compression arm pad.

i have not shared my medical"history" here, no prizes for guessing, i am big C survivor, now arthritis, luckily for me i don't have a sweet tooth, but i used to eat lots of fried, cheating myself that it will not harm me, since i am off sweets,here i am where it all began.with high bad cholesterol too.just finished 7 days or detox, that is only raw fruits and veggie.and green teai am on 10 day IFT, AND ICT, TRACTION TREATMENT,today being 7th day.i am lot of medication,but i am sticking to it.hope this group understand, my wrong typing, due to my condition.though it is 17th i have planned for 30days of juice only as of now.

• WorldWide

1 year ago

IamFIT, we are here to see you through. Keep it up. Remember to drink all of your juice to flood your body with nutrition. It gets easier the longer you go. I had super heavy inflammation, high tryglicerides, joint pain, brain fog.. etc. All sympthoms were gone in 15 days. You can do it as well!!!!

• Matte

1 year ago

We're here for you! Keep up the good work, it will pay off at the end!

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

IamFIT -you can do it! We are here for you!

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Glad you're here, iamFIT! Keep going, keep posting. Keep at it and things really will get better - it's tough but it's worth it! We've all seen the results and you will too!

One caution: I know how important it is to reach a certain goal before the holidays, when we'll see family and old friends. I'm right there with you, I do the very same thing. But try to be patient. Try not to rush yourself toward a goal, only to fail and then get discouraged.

The real victory isn't reaching the goal. The real victory is keeping the pace and not quitting, and turning this into a lifestyle that will not only get you thinner and healthier but keep you there for a lifetime. OK?

We're all in this with you, so keep it up!

• Robin

1 year ago

Ok, I guess it's about time to share my story. I've shared it on another site months ago and so if you've heard it before, hope you won't be bored!! So, I first began a 60-Day guided reboot on February 12, 2016, that was specifically for diabetics. I did very well and felt so good that I continued on for another 15 days for a total of 75 juice only days. During that time I lost about 60 lbs., my doctor reduced my diabetes medication in half, and took me off blood pressure meds completely. I continued on with a mostly plant based diet, including 1-2 juices a day, and I am now down 85 lbs. (My beginning weight was over 300 lbs.). I am off all diabetes meds, my A1C is now consistently in the normal range and my mood swings are also gone and my outlook on life is 100% better. I have been able to do things I never thought possible: 5k in 45 minutes, traveling on plane without extension belt, riding a bicycle down Mt. Haleakala, riding a bicycle completely around Lake Tahoe (in one day!!), going to a spa and not having to ask for a bigger robe (in the past they would have to go to the men's side to find one big enough to surround my girth!!), hiking in the Redwoods and not having to turn back before reaching the top.......I could go on and on......oh! I just thought of a few more......being able to go up stairs without getting winded, and being able to shop in the "regular" department and not the "plus-size." I weigh every Sunday morning (in front of my husband for accountability) and as soon as I see the weight creep up, I'll do a 5-7 day juice only. However, though I have done really well and feel great, I have not reached my GOAL weight yet and want to get there by my birthday in December. So am currently trying to drop another 40 lbs. and will then be under 200, or "onederland" as many call it. Thank you for letting me share.....this group is great, encouraging, and we are better when we all try together.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Thank you Robin for sharing your incredible story. I really hope I will be where you are at by the end of the year. You're doing great, I'm really happy we're doing it together! :)

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Hi Robin... Awesome.. I visited the Redwoods last November ( 35F. 1.6 Celsius). It wasn't as fun since I had to take a lot of pain pills to walk up to them. BTW December 2nd (Big 40 ) here, So, I definitely want to see you reach your goal..

This is my favorite group. It's alive, inspiring and supportive. Thank you SunnyRain for putting it together.

• Matte

1 year ago

Robin, you most be very proud of your self! You have been able to change your life forever! No diabetes meds? Wow, that's awesome! Onederland awaits.... I'm sure this birthday is going to be your best birthday ever! Mine is in December too.

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Wow, saw awesome Robin! Very blessed to read your story again. ;)

Would you mind talking about your daily routine during your long juice fast, if you remember it? It would be a big help for me. I keep slipping on and off my juice fast, (nothing crazy, but I want to stick to it), and I think seeing your routine would help me to identify where I might be going wrong.

• Robin

1 year ago

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Kouzelna, I will put together together my routine as best as I can remember and post it soon.....thanks for asking.

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

I will greatly look forward to it, Robin!

• WorldWide

1 year ago

July 30th 2017 - 222 Lbs - 100.69 kilos

Day 49 and 39.6 Lbs down - 182.4 lbs. this morning 82.82 kilos

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Congrats, WorldWide!!

• iamFIT

1 year ago

worldwide, you really inspire others don't you. good for you.i like you are posting in kgs, cause i get confused between pounds. i was calculating in kgs, when it actually had to be double the amount in pounds!LOL.

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Thanks, Sunny and IamFIT. I want everyone to be successful. Originally I kept failing, but I kept reading these posts and saw others being successful and they kept motivating me. I grew up in Brazil with the metric system :-)

• Matte

1 year ago

WorldWide, your journey is amazing!!! How long your going to fast?

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Matte, I am going for 60 which ends on Sept. 27th and see how I feel (mindset wise) then will try for 90. I haven't felt this good in a long time. How about you, how are you doing? How long are you going for?

• Robin

1 year ago

Great visual WorldWide! Even your big toe looks thinner!!

• WorldWide

1 year ago

********** 100 Days Success Stories ************

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

I've seen his story a while ago and still remember it. It's very inspiring. He did post an update 2 weeks later, he was still going strong, running, eating healthy, he promised another update, but it's been 5 years now and there were no more updates. I think it's really difficult to keep the weight off and I like how Joe once did an update showing how his weight fluctuated after the reboot, depending on the amount of stress.

• Matte

1 year ago

Pure inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Yes. It is up to us to change the habits afterwards. It won't be easy but we have to do our best. For Joe it was harder because he was traveling the world promoting his message and it is hard to keep a routine going when globe trotting. We each have to self analyze all of the habits that got us to where we were before the fast and change them. While Joe is an example of someone whom fluctuated. There are others whom made the necessary changes. A friend of mine lost 40 Lbs(65 total) then became a vegetarian and started working out. She completely changed her lifestyle. She also overcame all of her emotional psychological and health issues.

After a sports injury when I was 32, I stopped playing competitive volleyball (indoor and beach), became sedentary...eventually stopped working-out as well and ate junk food.... Junk food causes depression and I suffered :-( . I pretty much went downhill. Fitness is an important part of health, as is dietary and emotional habits. Adding regular workouts will be an important part for me. I'm 39 and need to build more muscle and lower my overall body fat %. I have been doing the isometric training that I mentioned on my long post since day 30 and I can feel a major difference.

Research states that it takes an average of 21 days to form a new habit.

Now in this lifestyle change path that we are on, there are many different ways to get there. Here is a guy that did 5 day fasts twice a month and lots of workouts to lose 85 Lbs. in 9 months and lower his body fat.

One isn't better than the other, they are just different: https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/reboot-weight-loss-success-story-anthony-high-blood-pressure/

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

I'm lucky. I stumbled on a book in January that seemed crazy, but I tried the diet in it and it worked. It's not a "diet" per say but just a new way of eating that I'd never considered. I tried it, and it saw me lose 18 pounds in two months without even really thinking about it. I enjoyed the food, it became a habit easily, I felt better than I had in multiple years, and it's easy to follow wherever I go whether traveling, at work or at home. I feel really, really blessed. I also got my mother to try it and now she's back to her normal weight, and even goes off the diet once a week to keep from losing TOO much weight.

All that to say, that I'm going back to that way of eating once I reach my goals with my juicing. :D

No food talk! So for anyone who's interested, you can check out the book yourself and decide if it makes sense to you. It was recommended as a book to read in The Economist magazine, and it's called: "The Case Against Sugar," by Gary Taubes. It's a little heavy duty, so for those of you who want an easier read, you can try his previous book, "Why We Get Fat, and What to Do About It." Was a real eye-opener for me, I'd never even heard of this info, but... it worked. And I felt great.

Also available on audio, for those of you who are lazy... like me. ;)

• leila

1 year ago

I'll try out your recipe, SunnyRain; thank you!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.