Happy juicing 2019 :)

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• DreaM

1 year ago

Hi everyone, my awesome journey so far has taken a big hit. Since yesterday afternoon I have been feeling incredibly weak. I am confused, cannot think straight and I do not have enough energy to take care of myself and my son. What happened? I seriously feel like ending the fast right now.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Hi Drea, I'm sorry to hear that. Try to analyze what might have happened. Are you drinking enough juice? Sleeping 8hrs a day? Taking it slowly? Your body needs rest to do a reboot. Is it possible there is some other reason you feel like that, other than juicing? I was on a juice fast in spring and I felt horrible after ten days and developed huge rashes and I was scratching myself like mad for a month... and I ended my reboot, just to find out later, that I had a bad pollen allergy that manifested in a new way... I really hope you feel better soon. I suggest you write to the nutritionist on this site and ask what might caused this.

• WorldWide

1 year ago

From some of your earlier posts, it seemed like in the beginning of the fast you weren't drinking enough juice and exercising a lot. It is recommended that one rests as much as possible during the initial phase and only walk. Do you know how much nutrition and calories you are getting daily? Are you juicing at least 1/2 to 1 bunch of celery daily for electrolytes? Try plugging your recipes here so you can see how much you are getting daily.

• DreaM

1 year ago

Thank you for your replies, these sparked a few ideas. Every time that I have taken beet and carrot juices, I've felt incredibly nauseous. I will put an end to these for now. I have resolved back to only green vegetable juices for now (80% vegetables + 20% fruits) and I have added lots of celery in my juices for today and the rest of the week. I am also putting all exercise (except for slow walks with my son) on hold until further notice. I felt so good last week, with endless energy - I just felt like running! Which makes me think that I often try to run away from my problems as well. In the past if something did not work out, I would just move on to the next best thing. I am now going to embrace this opportunity to slow down and to let my healing teach me some more important life lessons. I will end the day with restorative yin yoga tonight and let my body speak to me. Thank you so much for your support and feedback, I will try this new way of being and I am not giving up!

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Drea, I suggest you drink a lot of coconut water for start. It has a lot of electrolytes and sugar and you might feel better. Maybe even take a break, make a good hearty vegetable broth. Add some salt. MAybe even some protein. You can always continue later on, when you feel better.

I'm guessing you thought that if you drink as little as possible and work out as much as possible, your weight will go away faster, am I right?

• DreaM

1 year ago

SunnyRain - to be honest this is exactly what I thought. I have not felt much hunger since I started the juice fast, actually it's been quite the opposite. So I started drinking more water and less juice to try to lessen the calories and quite frankly, water made me feel better than juice. I still drank 1 to 1.5 litres of juice on most days, with the exception of 1 or 2 days where I may have drank 2 litres. Exercise made me burn calories, so I figured that it was an added bonus. I had so much energy that I figured that I might as well "use" some of it to further my journey. Last night I had what might be described as a "panic attack". It was scary and something that I have not experienced in a long time. That combined with extreme lethargy and brain fogginess made me quite worried.

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Hi DreaM, Ok so you are low on calories and nutrients/electrolytes. Then you've over exerted yourself with exercise. OK, no biggie, but the solution would be 4 qts/liters a day for at least 3 to 4 days around 1200 calories and 100% of daily requirement of nutrition. There is enough water in a galon / 4 liters of juice. Then the minimum should be at least 3 liters a day

Try plugging your recipes here so you can see how much nutrition you are getting daily.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

DreaM, I understand, I did it too in the past. Never to the point of total breakdown, but once the weight starts to drop and you don't feel any more hunger, it's tempting to just try and speed up the process. Not worth it. The only way to be successful is to drink enough juice. You are still going to lose weight. Everybody loses weight. But you need the nutrients. Your body needs something to be able to function. Don't starve yourself and ruin everything you accomplished. Make tasty juices and drink one litre every 3 hours while awake. Your boy needs a healthy momma, not a skinny one. It will be okay. Just drink. And check your recipes to get over 100% in each category, except fibres. You can do it. It's going to be okay.

• Rock

1 year ago

DreaM, I hear your frustration in your post. One thing I'd like to share with you is that during this fast, I seriously increased my sleeping. The first four days I took sleeping pills to get myself to bed sooner.. and I stayed in bed until I felt like getting up. Ive been sleeping a minimum of 9 hours a night... but a couple of times I went 11 hours. I know being a mommy means you cannot sleep until noon! But maybe you start hitting the hay a few hours earlier for the time being.

I believe you and I are around the same point of time in our journey... I'm on day 8. A few things, I have kept my exercise to a minimum for this time frame. I've done just a few sets of curls and a pushup lol. I bustle around a lot at work but I haven't done any running. Also, I am doing about two bags of celery a day! As a result I am still just bounding with energy. Today I changed a tire on a very difficult old truck and I wasn't even winded.

Don't give up at this point now that you have come so far!

• DreaM

1 year ago

Awesome! 4 liters for the next 4 days and 3 liters a day after that. Got it. I am already starting to feel a bit better. Thank you for these recommendations, it should help me save this Reboot! Thank you kindly for the support. SunnyRain - thank you for that wonderful reminder. My son does not care that I am skinny or not. My goal entering this journey was mainly to be more present and energetic for him! Somehow in the past few weeks I forgot my intention and started to only focus on my end goal weight-wise. I never wanna feel like I did for the past 24 hours ever again!

• Kristin

1 year ago

Wow - what a great series of posts - BRAVO to everyone for the great advice, and especially to you DreaM for reaching out when you needed help. I too have been tempted to drink less juice to "speed up" the slimming down process. I get it. We all need to be gentle and patient with ourselves. It took a long time to put on the weight and / or become unhealthy... so if we want real and longterm change, it's gonna take some time. This series of posts is a good reminder that it's all about the journey.

And regarding your panic attack... for me, it seems like every emotion I have is HEIGHTENED while fasting. Something that normally may not be very upsetting, lately makes me really sad or angry. So no doubt the panic attack (combined with severe brain fog) was intense. So many scary feelings are coming up lately. I don't know about you, but I am doing my best to handle them with grace. Anyway, I just wanted to check in and see how you were feeling with regard to the panic / anxiety?

• DreaM

1 year ago

Rock - We indeed started around the same time. I will be completing day 10 by dinner time tonight. Great work to us both!! My next Milestone will be for Saturday evening when I complete my two weeks! Sleep has been hard to get since my son hasn't been well for the past 5 days. As a result he has been waking up about 5 times each night, which surely did not help the situation. Thank you for you ongoing support, it is greatly appreciated.

Kristin - Thank you for the reminder, that is something that my dad always said. It took you a long time to put the weight on, so it won't go away overnight! Grace is definitely what I am working towards. My anxiety is definitely getting better as I keep juicing and following Worldwide and SunnyRain's most recent recommendations. My body / mind feel more and more balanced since yesterday. I would say that I already feel 50% better. I did however had an awful dream last night that reminded me why I started having anxiety these past 3 years. In my dream my son did not wake up after his open heart surgery, when in real-life he actually did. That allowed me to scream (in my dream) and let the emotions out that I never released in real-life. That was interesting. I woke up feeling greatful. A feeling that I have not experienced in a while. Thank you for dropping by!

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Sorry to come so late to the party, everybody... DreaM - looks like your issue is solved, but I'll do a quick wrap-up.

Over many years of juicing, I've tried every possible way to "cheat" the process. All failed, heh heh! I've also had the privilege of working with several of the nutritionists here through Guided Reboots, and through sheer luck. Through them I've gotten a lot of amazingly knowledgeable advice when things went wrong. So, between the cheats, and the help, I can offer you this.

1. Drinking too little juice "to speed weight loss" results in falling to pieces due to lack of calorie intake. 5 - 6 pints per day is the minimum, and I find that 6 is perfect for me.

2. Too much fruit, carrots, beets, and other sweeties in your juice results in light-headedness, nausea, weakness, etc. 80% veges, and go lightly on the sweet ones.

3. Juicing means less calorie intake, less protein intake. You'll need more sleep, and less exercise.

4. Too much exercise on a Reboot means extra stress on your body in an already weakened state. It also means burning up nutrients and calories your body is going to have to steal from itself, since your intake is drastically lowered. Not a good combination.

5. Suffering dizziness, 'seeing stars,' headaches, cramps, and other symptoms of electrolyte depletion? Add 1/8 tsp salt to your juices and focus on high-electrolyte recipes. And, cut down on your water intake until symptoms stop. I find that water intake for me is about 1/2 of juice intake, to a maximum of equal to juice intake. After all, I'm already drinking 3 liters of liquid per day, so I don't need too much more.

6. As before mentioned, smoothies aren't juice, but we all know that already. :D

7. If you're trying new fruits and veges, try them one at a time! That way you can know if you have a bad reaction to something. Usually this is indigestion or gas, or a horrible tasting juice. If you try new things one at a time, then you know what to eliminate next time.

8. Clean the juicer well! Nothing like having a half clean juicer sit out all night, then using it in the morning and not feeling so good afterwards...

9. Emotional roller coasters are totally normal and should be expected while juicing, especially during the early days. My approach is to recognize them, and not take them too seriously.

10. Store bought juice, unless it is freshly made on site, doesn't work on a juice fast. And it won't make you feel good, either.

Hope you guys find this helpful. As I said, I've tried cheating in many ways, and I've learned all these things by painful experience. :D If you're totally stuck, you can always consult a nutritionist here on the site. And/or, you can go to your doctor for a checkup and a Chem7 test, to make sure everything is OK.

• Leslie

1 year ago

Drink more water, add in some protein powder if you have been juicing more than 2 weeks it is time. Sometimes as time goes by your feeling great one day and hate juicing and want to quit the next or even a couple of hours after you are feeling good about what you are doing. It is normal to feel like you are on an emotional roller coaster, as Kouzelna stated above. If you are not drinking coconut water daily for electrolytes then consider doing so, and if you can't stomach it drink a cup of vegetable broth in the evening before bed. You can also make yourself some electrolyte shots by juicing 1 cucumber to 4 stalks of celery and putting that in a tight container then you should have enough for 4 days.

• Rock

1 year ago

In the style of our friend Worldwide...

September 18th 2017 - 295 lbs / 133.8 kilos

Day 8 and 15.6 Lbs down - 279.4 lbs. this morning 126.55 kilos (7 kilos lost)

********** "Trust The Journey" **********

Okay I don't know if I did that EXACTLY like Bill... but I feel like it was close enough. Don't expect the kilo conversion everyday... I had to google that lol.

Today I can officially give a "First Week Update", now that 7 days are in the books. I'm very excited that I hit 15.6 pounds lost in the first week. I am noticing a difference in the mirror... and I think that's because so much is happening so fast. My towel wrapped completely around me after a shower (WOW!) and my pants aren't staying up anymore. I am starting to get some support from my coworkers, who have been asking me about my juice.. and some of them even trying it. Even the cashier at Walmart that I see on a regular basis has been asking me about juicing after seeing all of this produce I keep loading up on every time, and hearing my daily weight count that I am overly excited to share.

Also, on a medical note, my De Quervain's syndrome in my wrist seems to be a lot better. It's kept me from doing a pushup for almost two years and today I did one today with absolutely no pain in my wrist. I was sure I was going to have to have surgery to cut the sleeve in my wrist... but today I have a new attitude about that!

I am so happy that I forced myself to take the first step on this journey, and equally so that I have you guys to walk the rest with me!

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Yeeey Rock, I'm so happy for you! I could feel your excitment about reaching your 1st week goal throughout your entire post. And I laughed a little about having to google kilos conversion! I have to google pounds conversion every day to understand where all of you are, and the same goes for miles and ounces... :) I'm happy you are in this group.:)

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Hey Rock... You Rock! It's an amazing feeling once you start noticing the changes. And that's just the beginning. For me, some of the milestones continued on day 15 and day 21. After 8 days of drinking that much juice and water, the body gets re-hydrated, and joints properly lubricated. Congrats!

• DreaM

1 year ago

Amazing Rock, so happy for you! What an awesome feeling it is to see old pains vanishing! I love how contagious juicing becomes once we share our experience with others. One of my great friends (also a chef) started juicing after seeing the effects it had on me this past summer. Now his whole family is juicing and they are looking and feeling incredible! What a nice feeling it must be to wrap your WHOLE towel around you. That made me laugh!! Keep up the great work, you are an inspiration!

• Kristin

1 year ago

You are an inspiration. I'm so happy to hear you are achieving such amazing results. It's especially nice to know that your wrist is already getting better. One of the reasons I decided to fast is because I've been suffering from frozen shoulder for over a year now. Body work and therapy has improved it quite a bit, but I still have limited mobility and I am SO TIRED OF IT. I am hoping the juice fast followed by a permanent diet change will help heal my shoulder. No doubt all the acidic foods (not to mention booze) I consumed were contributing my inflammation. Please keep us updated how your wrist progresses : )

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

So awesome Rock! Great to hear it, keep it up!!

Easy conversion on phone calc: pounds to kilos x 2.2, kilos to pounds divide by 2.2. ;)

• Jinta

1 year ago

Hi all, almost day one down ;-)

I have a couple of questions.

I find drinking juice all day, a little monotonous, especially if it's a bit sweeter or just a bit of flavor, can you fix that by adding some spices to the juice? And if I make tomato juice and heat it up, is that oke? If I take only vegetables, can I also warm the juice up that I'll have kind of a vegetable stock? Or do you guys never do that: warm up a juice? The summer is really on its end overhere and something nice and warm must be nice :-)

I think my hard point is at the end of the afternoon. I fancy a hot meal. And I have to cook for my hubby too.

I'm going to bed early tonight hahaha, first think about what I'm going to make for juice tomorrow.

bye all!

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Jinta - congrats for almost finishing day 1, just wait to see how proud you will be tomorrow, when it's day 2!

You can add spices to your juices, also a little bit of salt, pepper, garlic or onion juice (if it's not too strong for you). I also add cinnamon or garam masala to my pumpkin juice or most of the orange color juices I make.

You can heat up juices, but you need to know that by heating up your juice it loses some nutrients, vitamins and minerals. And the point of reboot is to provide your body with as much nutrients as possible to allow him to heal. But a nice hot veggie juice here and there isn't going to hurt either, so I think it's okay. Better than eating anyway.

• WorldWide

1 year ago

I drink warm herbal teas, caffeine free.

• Jinta

1 year ago

Thanks for your tips SunnyRain. It sounds great to drink now and then something warm and put some savory garlic and union to make a nice special soup-moment :-)

• Jinta

1 year ago

oh yes of course WorldWide, I love herbal tea :-)

• MelodyRose

1 year ago

I've been drinking the hot ginger water recommended by Joe and this broth

https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/warm-up-with-juice-pulp-veggie-broth-recipe-of-the-week/

• Kristin

1 year ago

I mix it up with a fresh coconut or bottled coconut water. (Make sure it does not have any added sugar!) And congrat's for completing Day 1.

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

I'm echoing SunnyRain. ;)

• Honi Bee

1 year ago

Hello Everyone! I am new to the Group! I Started my reboot 30 days ago at 334.5 and now i am down to 289.2! I super excited to try to reach 100 days. I wanted to add that I started this because yes I am overweight but I also have a skin condition called hidradenitis suppurativa, I have had this for 16 years! Since I started this juicing diet, I have not had one flare up and I am not off humira, and metformin for diabetes! Holy Buckets, but it also makes me afraid to go off this juicing because of my HS but It is definatly a proud momment!

• Jinta

1 year ago

Hi Honi Bee, welcome!

• Honi Bee

1 year ago

Hi Jinta, Thank you!

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Hi Honi Bee. Welcome! Congrats on your weight loss and I'm really happy your skin condition is under control while on juice fast. If you look at Joe, he did okay even after finishing the Reboot and I hope it will be the same with you. And you can always do shorter reboots if it helps afterwards. I also have an autoimmune disease of the central nervous system for the last 16 years, but I'm lucky because mine never progressed very fast and I can still do everything that a healthy person can. A lot of people have plenty od disability after 16 years, not being able to walk or work 8hrs a day, while I don't have any, maybe just a mild balance problem if I'm not careful. But I also hope that a reboot will help to slow down the progress in the following years, so I can remain in as good of health as I am today even in 5, 10 or 20 years from now. We both started at about the same weight, so it will be nice to compare, if we both stick it out to 100 days!

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Hi Honi Bee, as you go through this experience, self reflection is a good practice as well. Pay attention to the changes you are experiencing. Think about old habits that led you to where you were 30 days ago. Think about how you can replace those habits with ones which will support your future health goals.

Here is an old post I did with some of my experiences and Tips.: https://community.rebootwithjoe.com/groups/post_url/id/194564

• Kristin

1 year ago

Welcome to the group - sound like you are doing great - keep it up : )

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Welcome to the group Honi Bee! So happy to hear the good news!

• Leslie

1 year ago

I am starting today. I use a calendar to track my progress over time. I have been walking since the first of the year in 2 Facebook groups going for 1000 miles in 2017. It has really motivated me to keep up the exercise. I started walking 2 years ago at the end of October to train to hike with friends on a 3 day camping trip through the high Sierra camps in Yosemite. We had a great time, I tore my meniscus a month before the trip and if I had not been training would have had to back out of the trip. I used juicing and collagen while I was healing and am back to 100% now.

I did a reboot for a month 3 years ago then went on and off of juicing for the rest of that year. I have not had success getting back onboard for long periods of time, even though I lost 40lbs the first month. So I am starting today, I wrote my weeks recipes into my plan for the first 5 days and will add a days worth of different recipes each day and come here for some support and I hope to support others as well. I hope to juice for a month this time. BTW, I have walked 1,713.27 miles so far this year as of yesterday. I decided the first month I could probably make 2,000 miles by the end of the year if I pushed myself. Now it is time to push myself on a juice fast! Drinking lemon ginger water now then I will make my juices for today.

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Welcome Leslie!

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Hey Leslie, welcome to the group. I'm really happy you joined us! You seem very well prepared and I believe you will have no problem with doing a longer reboot. You already did your first step by deciding to do it, and then another step to write down your recipes, and joining this group is only going to help, because it keeps you accountable and you have a lot of people going through the same thing and understand how you are feeling.

I really love your 1000miles per year goal, and you are already at a 1,713.27! That's true commitement! Congrats! I like walking a lot too, and I can walk quite a lot, even though I'm very overweight. There is also this long path for pilgrims in Europe, called The Camino, and the most popular way is 800km long (500 miles). I walked all of it a few years ago (I did 1000 km - 620 miles in 6 weeks) and I also walked half of it this spring (400km in 1 month). It's hard because you are on the road day after day, no matter what the weather is, you have to carry everything with you in your backpack (mine was 13 kg - almost 30 lbs), you sleep in pilgrims shelters (and it's not nice to climb on the top bedbunk in the evening when you're dead tired)... but it's the most amazing thing I ever did. And I'm always proud of myself when I think of that accomplishment. Especially because I'm not a very sportive person, and I have over 100 lbs to lose. But I did it. And by knowing you can do it, you know you can also do a reboot. Because it's the same as walking. Don't focus on how many miles you have to do, just focus on the next step in front of you. One day at a time.

Happy juicing!

• Jinta

1 year ago

Hi Leslie, welcome!

• Linda

1 year ago

I started today as well!! we can do this!!!

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Welcome to the group Leslie!

• WorldWide

1 year ago

July 30th 2017 - 222 Lbs / 100.69 kilos

Day 58 and 44.4 Lbs down - 177.6 lbs. this morning 80.55 kilos (20 kilos lost)

**************** "Trust The Journey" *******************

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Are you excited you're about to see a 7 in front of the kg? Any day now. I'm anxiously waiting! :) Congrats, WorldWide!

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Oh yeah! Thanks for all of your support, plus everyone else here. You should be on day 35 or 36 by now right? That's amazing as well!

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Yes, I'm on day 35 today. Woop woop!:)

I still haven't weight myself, I'm so scared I will be disappointed that I haven't lost a lot, because I ate on few occasions. :/ I did step on the scale and took a picture though, but I didn't look at the number, just so to have a point of comparison when I do decide to weigh. I was thinking maybe even going until the end of my reboot without the scale. I feel so free, now that I don't weigh myself. I used to weigh every day - I even have an app where I put in my weight every day and then it calculates trends and weight loss/gain... I know that I am losing weight though, because my pants keep falling off and I had to take them in a couple of weeks ago (luckily I know how to sew), and they are too big again and I have to wear a belt to keep them on. :-)

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Haha me too. My grandpa was an old school tailor and I used to play with his old Singer monstrous sewing machine when I was a kid. It's nothing to be scared of, I lost .4 lbs in the last day ( 181 grams) but that's a "win".

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

And wooow, you will be on Day 60 on Wednesday! That's just amazing! I wrote it down on my work calendar. I have all this meetings and dead lines written down, and now it also says: WorldWide - 60 days!! :-)

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Thanks! I think a big helpful factor has been diligently walking at least 3 miles a day since day 5 + the 10 min, isometric training since day 31.

• DreaM

1 year ago

I can't even wrap my head around how heavy 20 kilos is. That is 1.75 times the weight of my son and he is heavy!! Think about 44.4 pounds of butter, side by side. Wow, that is a lot! 2 days to go for your amazing 60 days milestone? Are you planning a celebration? Congrats again, you are an amazingly inspiring individual :)

• iamFIT

1 year ago

congrats worldwide.

• iamFIT

1 year ago

oh man! LOL, I MEAN I WAS THINKING should i write this, ,it is a lovely feeling when pant fit, the reality for me, is it does not,as of now ,this stretchable tracksuits(pants) are hard enough for me now to get into.i am juice healing my body and mind.TRUSTING THE JOURNEY.

• Linda

1 year ago

Hello everyone

I am back from a weekend away where I was not as good with food/alcohol and I was planning to be. Regardless, I am starting today. I am an all or nothing person so easing into it just wouldn't work for me anyway I don't think.

My goals - reduce inflammation that has caused chronic back pain for 10 years. Break my extreme sweet tooth. And stop feeling exhausted every single day no matter how much sleep I get. And of course weight loss - my end goal is to lose 80lbs.

I am worried about social events - in Saudi Arabia if you stop hanging out/eating/drinking with people I fear you can become very isolated. Feeling lonely in this country is not something anyone would want! I know during the week will be fine but the weekends could be my downfall. There is ALWAYS something planned. I will just take it one day at a time.

My work day only has an hour left. Cravings are there but not unbearable. I haven't felt hungry.

I am feeling positive and motivated. I love reading the posts in this group.

Happy Monday everyone!

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Hi Linda, I wrote a reply, but now it's lost somewhere, since I don't see it on the page..

I just wanted to say I hear you. It's really hard to juice while having social events. I counted my own and I have 5 social engagements in the following 3 weeks, including preplanned lunches and two days with overnight stay conferences, with all meals included... I will just have to take it one day at a time and wish it won't derail me for too long if there will be no way for me to avoid eating.

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Hi Linda,

What I did was just stress to people that I'm taking a break from activities for a short time. Stress that it's temporary, and health related. If you think you can trust some of them to support you, then share what you're doing. If not, keep it to yourself. I mainly just keep it to myself, until a few weeks go by and then I let people know what I'm doing, after I've already got my routine down.

This is a short term process, and the goals you mentioned I feel are all very realistic. Juicing will certainly be a huge help with everything you mentioned. So let people know you need some time free to focus on some things, but you're available via email or whatever so they can still contact you. Then take the opportunity to move the focus to yourself, and go through this process that you know is going to be of huge benefit to you.

• Linda

1 year ago

Thank you both for the great advice!!
    If i have to eat i am going to keep it to a salad and get right back to juicing. I will definitely be keeping my juicing journey to myself at least at the beginning.

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Hey guys, I tried that "Detox" juice recipe, but replaced the celery with zucchini instead. It's far less tart, sweeter, and pleasant. I like both recipes, but if the Detox is too tart for some of you, or you don't like celery, you can sub that out with the zucchini instead and it works pretty well.

The Detox: green apple, celery, cucumber, lemon, ginger.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Happy Monday everyone!

It's a new day, new week, new start for some. Have a nice one!:)

http://img.picturequotes.com/2/11/10851/it-doesnt-matter-how-slow-you-go-as-long-as-you-dont-stop-quote-1.jpg

• iamFIT

1 year ago

You know to say just the right words ,SUNNY rain. yes,i am not going to stop, another week,,and i am waiting to actually get to sunday so i can weigh, i have a calender,actually a planner, it is full of dr. apts, hospitals, blah blah, med times. am so glad i can score out a day in the box, signifying the day number.so actually the month ends with this week.

• MelodyRose

1 year ago

Please, sorry to ask, when do the poopers stop? It's day 3 but it seems to be getting much worse. Any advise would be appreciated.

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Once the bulk of the digestive tract has emptied, it should normalize to a few movement daily? How much juice are you consuming? also, since the body is cleansing its better to eliminate it out of the body as well.

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Hmmm. Sorry, not sure if I'm dropping into the middle of an ongoing conversation, but...

My experience is that I have some good, healthy bowel movements over the first three days of juicing, but then they completely stop. Then, maybe once or twice a week. After all, there's no insoluble fiber going into your body when you juice, so there isn't much beyond bacteria to form stools in your gut.

If you're having runny poops, then it's likely something you ate prior to juicing, or something in your juice that your body doesn't like. Or, it could be that your body is getting use to veggies again, if your diet has been mostly processed foods before you started this.

I would drink lots of water, and focus on the "electrolyte" juice recipes, perhaps with a little added salt (1/8 tsp. is about right for a pint of juice), to make sure you're keeping those important minerals in your system. If things don't stop after a few more days, then for sure consult a nutritionist on the site (it's free) and get their advice.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

MelodyRose - it's like Kouzelna said, I have normal bowel movement until Day 3-5, then it slows down to 1-2 a week. If it's very runny is probably that your body didn't like a certain veggie too much or is just getting used to having so much veggies, if you are not used to eating them regularly. It should get better, otherwise consult your doctor or the nutritionist here on the site.

There are also some answers already on the site, if it helps:

https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/juicing-and-digestiv...

https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/tag/bowel-movements/

https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/8-foods-that-fight-c...

• MelodyRose

1 year ago

Thank you for the input everyone, I really appreciate it. I think I may have figured it out. I had gastric bypass 15 years ago and it causes "dumping" if you eat too much sugar. I've never eaten a ton of sugar so I figured it didn't work. I usually limit myself to about 48 g of sugar a day and for a lot of juice recipes that's one juice! I think I'm going to try cutting out coconut water and replacing it with coconut water kefir and switch to only lower sugar juices and see how that goes. I took a calcium/magnesium supplement last night and I feel a little better today. Thanks again :)

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Ah ok that makes sense. I would say try and ask the nutritionist as well. I know of some people with diabetes that have done this strictly with green only juice. .https://community.rebootwithjoe.com/discussions/topics/ask-nutritionist

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.