Happy juicing 2019 :)

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• ChristineC

1 year ago

Hello, Checking in as well. Finished day 5. I've been a bit headachy the last few days but that is clearing. Sleeping well. Skin is still a bit itchy and flakely. I hit the gym yesterday. That felt good. The plan is to juice the night before work and try to get to the gym in the morning at least 3x/week. I still have some stomach bloat but that will subside, after more time. I went out with friends last night and had a roasted vegetable lettuce wrap and felt very virtuous. I did eat a few corn chips and about 1/2 cup of rice. But adhered fairly well. Juice on!

Christine

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Great, well done! It gets easier the longer you juice and you start to feel better, headaches clear and you get more energy.

• HealthyLifestyle

1 year ago

Hi.. :)

Just checking in now for the 2nd time. As I'd mentioned I'm kinda here as a way to hopefully help keep me strong enough to get through this.. :) Right now I am just ending Day 5 so things are going great. Glad to know others have continued forward as well. My goal is at least 14 days so getting there. :)

• WorldWide

1 year ago

It gets easier. For me on day 7 I was in control. On day 10, I knew I could go as long as I wanted to. Today is day 46 :-) Congrats on 5 days! Day 14 will be here soon enough. Time flies.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

You finished the first 5 days, well done! Congrats! It gets easier every day. :)

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Hello everyone!:)

After my Saturday eating, I'm doing okay. I have been juicing on as if nothing happened and I also lost 5 lbs since my weight gain on Sunday morning, so I'm back on track again!

What is your favorite juice to drink? I really like spinach+apple+lemon. Yummy!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/08/fe/0b/08fe0b1c686007f94400b3217107cff0--have-a-good-day-quotes-have-a-great-day.jpg

• 6ducks

1 year ago
    [deleted]
  • 6ducks

1 year ago

I like the mean green juice. My plan is to keep it simple initially and add one or 2 ingredients to change it.

• Robin

1 year ago

Glad you're back on track SunnyRain and putting Saturday behind you. I like red beets with spinach, carrots, lemon, ginger. Also golden beets, fennel, ginger, lime.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

I just made a juice with: spinach, romaine, cucumber, fresh mint, apples, pears and lemons - and it is soooo goood! I think I can live drinking only this juice for the rest of my life. Green and delicious!!

• 6ducks

1 year ago

it seems to me that kale produces such a small or miniscule amount of juice full. For such a leafy vegetable thats disappointing to say the least. Especially since i paid $3 for a bunch.So I replaced it with spinach which seems to produce a bit more juice. Has anyone else found this with kale?

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Yeah, you need a good juicer to juice kale. But no matter how small amount of juice you get -kale is one of the most nutrients-ful and healthy vegetable. So I think of it as a medicine -works in small amounts:) my problem with kale is that I don't really enjoy drinking it. So I force myself to have it here and there, butI'm not thrilled to have it. While spinach is just delicious to juice.

• Go1982

1 year ago

Favorite juice so far : ''Purple Passion'' : purple grape, blueberries and handful of mint. This is my only juice that I take in the day that is way more than 20% of fruit, might be why I like it so much :)

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Sunny, yep spinach and romaine are the best tasting greens in my opinion, then Italian kale a close 2nd.

Go1982 - yummy desert juice!

Yes, kale produces small amounts, but the benefits are awesome.

• Go1982

1 year ago

Good morning group ! Starting day 12, still aiming for 200lbs, I'm at 219.2lbs now (from 232.5lbs). Think I'll need to go for 45 days. Still on decaf coffee, will drop it soon. No caffeine went better than expected :)

• WorldWide

1 year ago

cool, yes the decaf at least masks it and makes it easier. 13 Lbs in 12 days is great.

• Robin

1 year ago

You're doing well Go1982! I'm also aiming for 200. We can do this!!

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Day 44 and 37.2 Lbs down - New Life. 184.8 lbs. this morning 83.8 kilos

Hi everyone, this will be an update to an earlier lengthier post including things I did that I feel were helpful to my success thus far. If you have been reading the threads over the past month, you already know I failed 6 times (practice runs) and that this is my 7th attempt. I hope this inspires everyone here.

Where I was:

222 Lbs / 100 kilos on July 30, 2017 ( In June I had hit 229 ) The normal range for my height is between 155 (small frame person) and 175 Lbs. My personal target is 169 Lbs. / 76.5 kilos.

- Tired of being fat and unhealthy ( malnourished)

- Daily headaches

- brain fog / hard to focus

- joint pain

- high inflammation

- high triglycerides

- hard to workout / too much pain

- craving junk food

- acid reflux

- sleeping 12 hours and still having no energy - fatigued

- experienced IBS for the first time - not fun!

Pretty much my body was inflammated and highly acidic plus malnourished. After 14 days, all those were gone.

I set clear intentions knowing where I was and where I needed to be. Every time I failed I gained experience from it and kept trying. I knew I eventually would be successful - Failing Forward principle. The goal is to change my diet and lifestyle once and for all and not yo-yo juice fast.

Pain is a good motivator, but event better is to set intentions. Both where instrumental on my success this 7th time around. I also did as much reading as possible on juicing and nutrition.

Tip#1 - Eat a clean diet the week prior to starting. Joe stuffed himself the night before he started and that's why he suffered in bed for a few days. It's what I did on the first 6 tries and I didn't get past day 2. My somewhat clean diet was no junk food the week prior, lots of water. Only half a cup of coffee in the morning and a healthy salad every night. I ate a banana for snack if I was hungry. If I had a withdraw headache during the week, I would take an advil.

Tip #2 - Support your COLON - Better in the Potty than in the body. During the week prior I took 3 grams of magnesium every night prior to sleep and would expel all the gunk and junk in the morning - 4 to 5 #2's - I kept it going through the first 15 days of the fast. I use a brand called "Now" magnesium 400mg capsules and took 8 caps a night.

Tip #3 - Drink all of your juice. One of the mistakes I made on the times I failed was not drinking enough. Your body needs the nourishment. most of us are malnourished when we start the fast. Once my body was nourished on day 3 / 4 of drinking 4 liters / 1 gallon a day, hunger went away.

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/ask-joe-anything-week-5/

Important: Our bodies are burning fat and cleansing at a faster pace, it is important to purge it all and not let it sit in the colon.

Tip #4 - Turn off the news / negative people - Watch comedies and Laugh a lot

Tip #5 - Become a regular in these groups

First few days: The first few days were the most difficult in terms of food cravings I only had a few headaches during the night of the first day which I took some ibuprofen to curb it. This I believe is due to cleaner eating the week prior. I was never in bed sick, plus I was also supporting elimination.

No tips on the cravings. It was hard for me, I was accustomed to eating out a lot, so it was a psychological change as well. I had to tough it out. Drank 1 gallon / 4 Liters of juice both days and in the morning of day 3 the cravings subsided.

Day 5: First day in a long time that I bounced off the bed with a lot of energy, no need for coffe upon waking up. WoW... I like this and I want more of it! MOTIVATION! Started walking: 3 miles today - no joint pain afterwards :-)

Day 7: I feel in control - I know I can go as long as I want to now. I went to a social ballroom dance. I didn't have any cravings and watching people eat did not bother me.

Day 10: This is now a lifestyle. I am a lot more self-confident in every aspect of my life and know I'll reach my goal. I am smiling a lot more.

Day 15: Much more clear thinking. I did a 6 mile hike in celebration. No joint pain, no acid reflux, no IBS...I feel alive and the realization of how sick I was just two weeks ago was motivating. I wish every human being would do this for just two weeks instead of getting loaded up on pills by Big pharma... All my conditions above are gone.

Tip #7: Focus on your successes how ever small they are. If I only lost 0.4 lbs in a day I chose to be happy and smile rather than be down on myself..... This is true in every facet of life. We have a choice on how we choose react to things. Read all the success stories on the site. If they can do it... so can you. Watch FSND whenever you need to.

Day 21: Ok, now I have changed my life. I read 'Eat to Live' and am starting to plan my eating after the fast. I have watched hundreds of Vegan and Nutritarian recipe videos on youtube and am excited to start those when I am done with the fast. I will also work on increasing muscle mass. Search Vegan bodybuilding on youtube... You will be shocked!

Day 30: A Milestone - under 193 Lbs for the first time in 7 years or so. I still aim for 1 gallon of juice a day. I do have a few days where I only drink 3 qt / liters. I am still walking 3 or more miles a day. Longer hikes on weekends 5 to 6 miles. Plus I started daily isometric training - 10 minutes daily, once it becomes routine, I'll try 20.

The one I have been doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RugKqPQmYc

Day 34: This was a super high energy day. Somedays' are a bit less since my body is still cleansing. We had 102 F / 38 celsius here so I decided to take a walk on the beach late afternoon and ended up playing a game of beach volleyball ( 45 min ). First time that I played in over 8 years. I had no pain in my joints :-) I've played it competitive since I was a little kid then 8 years ago an injury sidelined me from the sport and my health went downhill from there until July 30th when I started this journey.

Day 37: This was one of the less energy days. I feel its due to cleansing. I made sure I drank all 4 qts / liters today + 32 oz of water. Still walked 3 miles today + isometric training

Day 38: Woke up feeling amazing again today.

Day 40 & 41: I took ballroom dance lessons after my 3 mile walks.

Day 42 & 43: Saturday & Sunday - I took my longer weekend walks of 5 to 6 miles + isometric training

Tip #8: Pay attention to how much better you feel and all the changes you've experienced. Now that you have changed your life... Do you really want to go back to old habits? how about creating some new habits?

For me it will be this Isometric training, then muscle building plus cooking at home.

I crave my daily walks now. before the joint pain on my knees were so bad that walking a mile was painful. I will never experience that again.....And that is my choice to make.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Wow, inspiring! Well done. :-)

• 6ducks

1 year ago

That's inspiring. Thank you. I hope to recount my log when I, m as far along as you :)

• WorldWide

1 year ago

It's what I was hoping to do. When I joined these groups originally on my first attempt 1 and 1/2 years ago, someone back then, wrote long chronological success pieces like this and asked everyone in the future that read it to create their own and pass the inspiration forward.. I thought it was neat.

• Robin

1 year ago

Such a wonderful report WoldWide!! What a change you've made in your life. I know you are an encouragement to all around you just as you are to us.

• Elias Fenn

1 year ago

Well done!!!

• Free2Be

1 year ago

This is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

• beretta

1 year ago

Hello everyone! This is my day eight! Doing really well! I have a tomato or cuke some eves but the rest of it is juice. So far about 7 lb/3 kg down. I need way more to go! But I had to start somewhere tight? Happy Monday and happy juicing week to all!

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Well done beretta! Day 8 sounds great! And congrats on your weight loss!

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Hi Beretta, congrats! It gets easier the longer you go. the health benefits are tremendous, besides just the weight loss.

• Robin

1 year ago

Welcome to the group beretta!

• ALEXARN

1 year ago

New to site and juicing. Can I still juice with a magic bullet ? An expensive juicer is not in my budget right now.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Hey Alexarn, welcome to the group! :)

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Yes you can. You can even juice using a regular blender, however you'll need to use a cheese cloth / nutmilk bag to drain the juice separating the fiber out. see video below:

https://youtu.be/JGTZ1ofCRUk?t=71

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Happy Monday everyone! How is everyone doing?

I hit a little bump in the road on Saturday and ate a few things that I shouldn't have. But then I really look deep into what I was doing and feeling and realized that I truely want to finish this time as a winner and not as someone who gave up in the middle because it was too hard. It's hard to juice some days when you are feeling down, because without eating you loose one of the coping mechanisms for calming down your emotions. But it's also hard to stay unhealthy and overweight. And I just have to choose which "hard" I would rather endure. One that gets me somewhere or the one that puts me right back where I was - in my comfortable zone of zero change. And I chose juicing and yesterday I was again 100% juice-only. I'm at work now, and I have 2 litres of juice with me, so I should be okay until I go back home (where I have 1 litre of juice already in the fridge). I also made a schedule of what juice to have each day and what produce I need to buy, so I think I have everything under control again - I'm someone who likes to make schedules, plans and write things down.:-)

I hope we all have a great week! Happy juicing!

https://behappy.me/picture/adaptive/175739?product=tote&p=1

• Robin

1 year ago

Good for you SunnyRain, for getting right back on the juice! You only fail if you quit but you've gotten right back on track. It's great that you're so prepared so you won't be tempted yo grab something easy when you get hungry; you've got your juice ready to go. I understand about using food as a coping mechanism.....but if we give in and use food to help us with our problems, we might feel better for a few minutes, but then we've just multiplied our problems!! It's a vicious circle.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Robin, it's a vicious cycle, true. And I know it doesn't help to give into temptation, but sometimes I don't have enough strenght to push through, if I have to cope with other things at the same time. But I can avoid it by being prepared and having enough juice with me at all time. So that when life gets hard and I feel like I want to eat something, I will always have juice at hand. So I'm never in a situation that I don't have any juice with me, and even worse - I don't have enough produce at home to make juice and I have to go and buy produce while I feel hungry and down. I never survived a shopping trip, if I wasn't feeling okay, without buying something I shouldn't have. So now I have a whole week plan what to buy, when and which juices to make each day. I should be fine. It's my day 21 today, if I make it through whis week I'll be close to the 30-day mark. That would be amazing! Woohoo:)

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Woohoo...21. Once you get to 30, you'll feel like you can do 60 :-)

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Hi everone, one question - when I juice there is quite a lot of foam on my juice. Do you maybe know what to do to avoid getting so much foam? Any trick? :-)

Also - is it just me, or does everyone hate all the waste that comes with juicing? I got this huge box of organic waste just from this weekend, because I didn't take the garbage out this weekend. There is so much organic waste all the time. Sometimes I put a small bag in the freezer, so that it doesn't begin to smell during the night, if I juiced late in the evening. And then I take frozen bits of peels and waste out in the morning. :-) I wish there was a way to have less waste. :-(

• WorldWide

1 year ago

The foam is most likely due to the juicer used, centrifugal.

https://www.juicingwithg.com/types-of-juicers/

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

I have a masticating (slow) juicer.

• Fathead78

1 year ago

Joe Cross actually posted the same question the other day. Someone said it's due to the freshness of your produce. The fresher it is, the more foam. Not sure if that's correct, just what i read. I strain the juice as i comes out of the juicer to get less foam.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

I read yesterday about juicing and foam and it says that it happens with some produce more often than with others (because of the structure and nutrients that produce foam when juiced). It also happens when you overload the juicer so that it takes more time for a piece of vegetable to go through juicer. It helps if you take more time to make juice and if you slowly feed your juicer. You also get more juice this way. I admit I sometimes push a whole handful of spinach inside my juicer and then some pieces of carrots on top to push it through. I'll try and juice piece by piece today, slowly, so I can compare the amount of foam on juice and if it really helps.

• HealthyLifestyle

1 year ago

in case it may be useful info- if you juice it on the lowest setting possible that would suit the produce and put it down very slowly (if you weren't doing so already) that may help i think.

• Go1982

1 year ago

Hope tomorrow will go better, my liver is starting to hurt . I drank more water today. Will have to stop if it continues.

The day I felt amazing was day 4 and ... I don't know why. I was so sharp mentally and full of energy that day, never felt like that. Hope this can happen again...

Keep up the good work all !!!

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Oh, no. Do you know why your liver hurts? Did you have any problems with it beforehand? I hope it will get better. And yes, day 4 truly is amazing, but I have this amazing days even later on. And I totally relate, it's exactly how you described it "sharp mentally and full of energy, like never before". Love that feeling.

• WorldWide

1 year ago
  • Go1982

1 year ago

Can't access the last 3 link, but thanks it will help anyway ! Today I feel a bit better.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.