Happy juicing 2019 :)

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Kristin

1 year ago

It's hard to believe I am finishing up Day 9 (of 50)... I can honestly say that today I feel like I've found my groove - the juicing is simply automatic now. And, I am completely brain-fog free, FINALLY! Most people seem to report feeling this way sooner, like between days 4-7, but for me, Day 9 was the magic number. I was super productive at work and I hiked a mountain this evening.

Something to note: At one point earlier today someone really angered me. One second I felt great, and the next second all I wanted was a SUGAR HIGH followed by a SUGAR COMA. And in the frustrating hours that followed, there was that nagging voice saying how good it would feel to drown my anger in food. Of course, that wasn't an option, not really even a temptation this far down the juicing road... And it's no surprise since I am an emotional eater. But what was fascinating was how QUICK and STRONG the urge came on to "drug" my feelings with food. This fast is so much more than losing weight or getting healthy physically. For me, it's also an opportunity to learn how to face and deal with my feelings in a positive way. And I did. I talked to a friend and she gave me a different perspective and I was able to let go of my anger. WHEW!

• Rock

1 year ago

Awesome.

I've certainly noticed the not-so-coincidental fact that we are all emotional eaters. I wonder if there's a cure for that?

• zeke8828

1 year ago

wow, Kristen, wait til all u want is another juice& can remember who sat behind u in 1st grade!!.. that happened to me twice during reboots .. day 21 sounds about right.. ur body will be in full reboot mode by then!!

to answer Rock, the only cure for emotional eating is to not go back to old ways when juicing is over. It is important to find out how to eat when juicing is over.. I think one should should drink at least one juice a day...

Old ways could mean eating, work, relationships with people ,all sorts of stuff makes us do what we do& nope, not totally awake!

Juice ON!!

• WorldWide

1 year ago

The good thing about a longer fast is that it helps break/change the relationship with food, change the tastebud and you fill your body with nutrition we were previously not getting. Nicely put... Zeeke8828

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Day 9 is my magic day too, Kristin, sadly. My "day 3" lasts a week! I didn't want to mention it before so as not to discourage anyone, so thanks for freeing me of the guilt. ;)

Rock - juicing breaks my emotional attachment to food. After that, sticking to a healthy diet (I described my diet below in another post) keeps me from sliding back into using food as an emotional tool, rather than as a way to nourish the body.

• Robin

1 year ago

Hi all, I've been away for a few days but just got caught up on all your posts.....really good information and tips!! This group is awesome! I'm back on track and have been feeling energized and clean. I'm traveling to Utah on Monday for a fly fishing trip but have mapped out several organic cold pressed juice bars on my route. I may not be able to check in with you next week but will be sending good thoughts your way to keep the faith, and in the immortal words of Worldwide.....TRUST THE JOURNEY!!! We've got this!!

• Kristin

1 year ago

Good luck during your travels - sounds like you are well prepared!

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Hi Robin, great to hear from you. I was already wondering where you were. Your trip sounds like fun and I love how you preplanned and already mapped juice bars on your route. Good luck on your trip!

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

I sure miss juice bars! We have a new cafe here that started making juice. They make about 4 different kinds. Sadly as per usual, they are mainly fruit. Yummy, but not helpful. But I'm trying to get them to experiment with a bit more veggie juices, so here's hoping.

• Robin

1 year ago

Yeah Kluzelna, we are pretty spoiled here on the west coast with organic juice bars, so there are no excuses when traveling. Remind me where you're located? Hey, you can be the "Phil" in your town and educate all the inhabitants!!

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

I'm in N. Europe, in the mountains. 2 months of fresh but limited produce selection, lower quality than SoCal. 10 months of pretty bitter, wilted stuff. I clean everything, then soak the root veges in water overnight before using. It helps.

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Kouzelna, I bet there are some beautiful spots for hiking and night sky photography there.

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Ha ha, indeed there are!! Right outside my door. My balcony looks out on the mountains. :D

• iamFIT

1 year ago

DAY7 here,

lot of changes in the juices,with all your inputs. off for a walk.slow walk.i might be in a slow pace, but i so glad i finished day 6,now day 7.so today evening i can score out a week.

worldwide, 30 days 30 pounds...wow.

i decided to complete 30 days,and then maybe increase the days slowly. i don't want to see this as a temporary thing, this change is permanent, and i am never ever ever ever going to go back to gaining, losing and then again gaining, it is over.it is going too be health and success all the way from now. and lose those excess 35 pounds and be in healthy category.

• WorldWide

1 year ago

That's the spirit! Congrats.

• iamFIT

1 year ago

worldwide,honestly last year, i was so de motivated, since after all the efforts, i lost only 12 pounds in the whole of 30 day juicing.so i cannot expect miracles in 30 days.now i trust the journey. cause i am doing it for health. and i am changing my mindset.

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

So awesome, iamFIT. Glad to hear the good news! Keep up the exercise, I envy you: nonstop rain here where I am, for weeks now.

I'm all for getting off the gain/lose yo-yo! Use this time to research what permanent changes you'd like to make in your daily diet, for when the juice fast is complete. This way you can keep those gains you make while juicing, and keep that weight off for good.

I tried a variety of different diets (permanent eating habits, not temporary "diet" diets) over the past few years. Not a lot of success, to be honest. Either they didn't keep the weight off, or if they did, I was always hungry.

What finally worked for me is daily diet based on quality protein, fat and fresh vegetables and vegetable juice. Fruit a few times per week. No sweets or alcohol. Minimal carbohydrates, whole grains only (brown rice, lentils, etc), once or twice per week tops. Maybe you'd want to research that for yourself to try. (You can try dietdoctor.com, helpful site for that).

When I keep to my plan, which is normally, I feel unstoppable. Energetic, happy, never hungry. Weight drops about 1 kilo per week. I eat twice a day: breakfast when I wake up (protein and fat), dinner when I get home from work (protein, fat and veges). I never snack but restaurants are easy, because you can get a protein/fat or protein/fat/vege meal anywhere! :D

When the summer holidays come and I get off track, I really feel lousy. And the weight comes right back on.

• ChristineC

1 year ago

Hello, I am ticking along with my reboot. I'm on day 15. I've dropped 10 lbs which is good. Just trying to take the long road as I have more to loose. Have had a few vegetable meals from time to time, or the occasional avocado. Feel good. Sleeping well. Occasional hunger and cravings, mostly it's manageable.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Great job, Crhristine! Day 15 sounds great, and so does you weight loss. How many days are you planning on doing alltogether?

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Awesome ChristineC!

• Free2Be

1 year ago

I am on Day 2 and it has been a rough day. I only liked one of the 3 juices I have had so far. It is mostly watermelon, as far as taste. My head hurts. I have been dreaming of my bed all day! But I am holding out for those good feeling days that I know are coming. I love reading what you all are writing. You are inspiring! Thank you!

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Free2Be, you only need to make it through another day and then it's all worth it. It really is. And it's hard if you don't like the juices, so try to stick to the ones that you already tried and taste good. You will adapt to the juices and in time you will be able to drink more of those juices that don't taste so jummy in the beginning. Hang in there. You can do it. And taking something to make a headache go away isn't a crime, and go to bed early.

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Day 4 and 5 will be amazing! Your taste pallet will change as well.

• Veronika

1 year ago

I felt tired yesterday aswell!! Make yourself some tasty juices!! I almost always use lemon og lime i the juices! Covere some of the really green tastes ;) Hang in there! I'm at the enda og Day three now! Looking forward to the rest!! Thanks to this group!

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Hey Free2Be! It helps to start a juice diet on a Thursday after work, giving you Friday evening plus the weekend to get through the tough first few days. But I'm a big believer in an aspirin and an early bedtime when needed as well!

• Free2Be

1 year ago

Thank you everyone for your support and suggestions. Today (Day 3) started out rough but has moved fairly quickly into wonderful. I was using my mom's old juicer, now I am using mine which is a slow juicer. I have more time on the weekend so I am drinking the juice fresh as opposed to making it the night before. I started the day with carrot, lemon, grapefruit, and ginger. So that was tasty. Then I went to the Farmer's market and got so much wonderful stuff including fresh picked Kale, arugula, and tons of cucumbers. I will try to post a pic. I also started drinking more water yesterday afternoon. I sort of forgot that I needed to drink water. All the juicing had me in the bathroom so much I figured I was well hydrated! Life is beginning to feel wonderful. I hope you all have a great day!!

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Sounds awesome, Free2Be!

• KimberM

1 year ago

Hi everyone! I am new to the site. Just want to say "Hi" and get some support. I am on day 7 of juicing/eating plant based diet. I plan on doing so through the end of the year to see if my symptoms will improve and hopefully disappear. It has gone well. I admit, the steak I made for my family last night was very yummy looking and I did indulge in a few wonderful bites. But, on to a new start today. No beating myself up. I hope I can give and receive lots of encouragement here. We are all in this together!

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Hi KimberM, welcome to the group. This is a very supportive and active group, so you will receive a lot of encouragement here. You can do this! One day at a time.

• Kristin

1 year ago

Hello and welcome!

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Welcome KimberM! You're in the right place!

• Veronika

1 year ago

Hi!! I'm on day three of the juice fast! The first day went well, day to i really craved differet food, AS I still have to make food for my kids! And now, in the last hours of Day three, I really want to quit! I love eating! But, I have made it this far! Watching people eat is the worst. But, I'll guess I hang in there!!

• MelodyRose

1 year ago

Don't quit! It'll be worth it in the end plus they say the cravings get better soon.

• WorldWide

1 year ago

cravings will go away around day 4 or so.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

It's really hard, I agree, but it's not like that for the whole journey. The hardest part is Day 1-3, and then it gets easier and easier. If you will drink enough, you won't feel hungry or be tempted after day 3.

• Veronika

1 year ago

Thank you all <3 Not giving up! Just so you know! Thanks for the backing!!

• Rock

1 year ago

Veronika, the end of day three was the WORST!!!! I was literally lying on the floor talking to my son telling him how horrible this was and that I didn't know if I could do it. And then I imagined myself getting on here and telling everyone I made it through the three day hump...

And then Day 4 came and the world shined bright again....

• Veronika

1 year ago

I did not mean to flag the post :O. Thank you so much for the great advice!!

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Veronika, it helps to adopt a temporary new pattern in your daily routine, where you can. For example I often hang out in places with food, eating, etc. But while juicing I avoid those places, at least the first week or so. Then if I go, I bring juice with me and make sure to drink a lot of water. Just little ways you can adjust your routines, where you hang out, how you shop etc. to make it easier for you during this temporary process.

• Arielle

1 year ago

Day 4 I just wanted to share something I am doing different this time which is making an unbelievable difference for me. I suffer from chronic constipation and have for many many years. This time to make sure I am getting stuff out as my body is detoxing I am doing an enema every day. It is incredible to see things finally start moving along. I am planning on doing this everyday. Just wanted to throw that tip out for anyone who has similar issues.

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Congrats for reaching day 4! Great to hear you are noticing improvements already!

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Arielle -

I honestly believe after the first few days you don't have much of any solid material in your colon while juicing. After all, you're removing the insoluble fiber via the juicer, so there's not much in there. Also keep in mind that enemas wash a large amount of sodium and chloride from the gut, which can be pretty deadly while also on a low sodium juice fast and consuming no food. Please be careful.

While a huge believer in juicing for health, weight loss and emotional/spiritual reasons, I admittedly am not a believer in "cleansing." Our bodies do a really good job in purification every moment we're alive. If it didn't, we'd quickly die. We can help it do its job simply by drinking lots of water and watching what we choose to eat and drink on a regular basis.

While juicing and water fasting really give the body a needed break sometimes, cleansing to me has been really oversold as a health benefit, mainly to make money, which it does. Products and methods promoted via the cleansing movement can be dubious at best, but often very dangerous for the body.

I really believe you'll find that juicing is really all you need to do, and hope you'll be encouraged to give your body time to adjust and find its own new normal.

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Oh, sorry Arielle, I almost forgot.

I had chronic, unbearable constipation for 10 years and could not have a bowel movement on my own, without enemas. It was beyond a nightmare. It included intense bloating, stomach pain, you name it.

As you can imagine, my entire life was patterned around it: I needed 2 - 3 hours per day, every day, in the toilet. I couldn't go camping and enjoy normal things. Travel was a nightmare. I stopped dating because, well... like I can explain that, right? In addition it complicated my asthma issues. And then there were the endless procedures at the hospital year after year to try and find out what was wrong with me.

By the grace of God, literally, it's been in the past for some time now. I wish I could say it's because I started adding more fresh fruits and veges to my diet, drank more water, quit drinking, etc. All those things certainly help and make things easier. But the reason it went away?

I was away at a festival with a friend for a week, and forgot my toothpaste. I was too busy to think about it so I just started brushing without it. After 4 - 5 days I had a strange experience: I had a normal bowel movement, with no issues. Yes, ha ha, for me after ten years that was a very strange experience!! :D

I researched it and learned something I never knew, but now seems so utterly obvious. Toothpaste is no longer mostly manufactured locally under strict guidelines, but is mainly manufactured overseas with no oversight as to what goes in it. (What else is new, right?) As you can imagine all kinds of junk can end up in it, and some of that junk is poisonous to the gut. Many people can't handle it, and I was one of those people.

I tried using it again after a few years, and all the problems returned. I immediately stopped, and my body went back to normal in a few days. Today I just use a combo of 2 parts coconut oil, melted, and mixed with 1 part calcium powder and 1/2 part baking soda, mixed up real good. You can put it in a container and it lasts forever. You need barely a dot of it to clean your teeth pretty well, and honestly sometimes I just use warm salt water or just plain water.

Anyway... strange story, but maybe it'll give you the relief you've been looking for. I hope so.

• Kristin

1 year ago

Wow Kouzelna, that is indeed a compelling story and thanks for sharing. TOOTHPASTE?! Did you ever discover the actual ingredient(poison) that was causing the problem? I've been using Tom's of Maine (made in the US, but that's certainly no guarantee of safety!), but have several health conscious friends who made their own toothpaste like you do. I hate to say it folks, but the same companies that make toothpaste also makes laxatives, and it's not too hard to connect the dots. It's big business. So we as consumers have to take our health into our own hands.

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Hi Kristin,

Yeah, 10 whole years of that misery, and for what?

No, I never did find out what the ingredient was. It was enough for me to see on the internet that I wasn't alone, and wasn't imaging it. Who knows if it would even be listed as an ingredient, anyway. My stepdad toured China and found factories that we're adding all kinds of additives to processed foods to save money, while not listing them in the ingredients at all. Some of the ingredients weren't even food at all, but industrial products. We certainly can't be expected to know everything, but it has taught me to be really careful and to listen to what my body's telling me.

It's amazing where things can pop up. My parents recently changed their soft-water filtration system, due to environmental regulations. (Can't be salt anymore). When I visited last, I had intense allergic reactions from day one, and couldn't figure out for the life of me what was causing the misery. Sure enough, I remembered this lesson on the toothpaste, and looked in unlikely places and there it was: the tap water via the new system.

When I stopped drinking it, the problem cleared up within a few days. Turns out whatever the new filtration system is, the stuff they're using caused massive problems for me - and I'm sure many other people, and I hope they'll be able to figure it out as quickly as I did.

• Arielle

1 year ago

Woah, toothpaste, I started making my only lotions and scrubs recently, but I never thought about toothpaste. Thanks for the tip. Well I am on day six and still getting lots of solids out, but only if I take an enema, and it is rope/tar like substances, and something I think was part of a rubber glove, can't imagine how that got in there. Anyhow, I am spending all day and night with a hot pad on my belly to get relief from the pain of stuff that has been stuck up there making its slow joining south. Honestly seeing the stuff that has been stuck in me for who knows how long come out day after day, I am just grateful to be alive. My gut impressed me today with its sheer determination to survive in spite of everything. I had no idea it was struggling so hard just to keep going. I felt so bad for it, not me it ;-) that i kinda teared up a bit.

• DreaM

1 year ago

Good morning everyone, day 6 starting here in Canada and I have lost a total of 8 pounds since I started juicing. I would like to apologize for breaking one of the group's rule yesterday by talking extensively about food. If anyone would like to know more about a raw vegan diet make sure to send me a personal message! Looking at my body today I was excited to see the changes. A lot less bloated and definitely thinner and more toned. Which brings me to my next question. I was able to stop working while doing the first month of this cleanse which is quite helpful. With the amazing energy level that I now have and all that free time - I've been able to exercise quite a lot. Are there any precautions to be taken while exercising on a juice cleanse? I've been averaging 2 hours of medium-intensity cardio a day. I've also been thinking about starting back on my yoga journey which I've left behind a long time ago. Thanks again for sharing this journey with me and have a great day! Drea

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

I saw a lot of youtube videos of people running, climbing mountains, taking yoga classes and being overall active, while drinking veggie juice for 60 days. So I think that you can exercise a lot - as long as you feel good doing it.

• DreaM

1 year ago

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I've been taking a general internet cleanse while doing this reboot which has been amazing, but I might watch a few videos today for inspiration. How are you feeling today SunnyRain?

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

WorldWide shared this video a few days ago, it's really inspiring:

I'm... well... I've been better. It was a really stressful and exhausting week, I'm feeling very tired, without energy, overwhelmed by everything, and I really need a good night sleep. I slept 3-6 hrs per night this week. So I don't have enough energy to focus on juicing and I'm just making sure not to slip again or quit. But I'm looking forward to the weekend. I'll be going to bed in a couple of hours, no alarm clock tomorrow, and I will have 2 days to be able to take care of myself and reestablish a positive attitude towards everything and have enough time to prepare and drink juices. So I just need one good night sleep and a delicious juice to start tomorrow, and I think I'll be fine.

• WorldWide

1 year ago

Sunny, DreaM... The amount of exercise one can do will vary based on how many calories you are consuming daily. On day 7 of drinking 4 qts / liters a day at 1300 calories a day, I was able to go to a ballroom dance and dance non stop for almost 3 hours. I'm able to go on 6 mile hikes on the weekends. Drinking 2 liters + a coconut water is not enough for example. even if the two liters consisted of calorie dense carrot juice, it would only be about 700 calories. Then, a bit heavier exercise with weights is recommended only after the first 30 days. The initial 30 days your body is under a heavier cleansing physiology.

I'll be hitting day 60 next Wednesday and on track to lose 45 Lbs. just as the guy above on the video. I'll probably extend it to 90 days. From my personal experience, I feel mindset is really important. Once you know how long you are going for, you just need to trust the process. The fast works every time, we do not :-) When I failed the first 6 times, It was me, my lack of trusting the process, my lack of understanding, my lack of motivation, my lack of purpose, my negative self talk, focusing on my worries and fears as opposed to successes. We are able to change those aspects within ourselves at any time.

Average weight loss time: If doing juice only.

30 day - 30 Lbs.

60 day - 45 Lbs.

90 day - 55 to 60 Lbs.

******* trust the journey ********

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Wow, awesome WorldWide, very helpful!! Thank you.

For me, exercise just makes me hungry so I tend not to do a lot of it while juicing. But if I had the energy I certainly would. :D

• Jaggard

1 year ago

Juice #1 in the books! (Don't worry - I won't do this every time).

• SunnyRain

1 year ago

Looks great!

• MelodyRose

1 year ago

How was it?

• Jaggard

1 year ago

MelodyRose - I overdid it on the ginger (not pictured), but otherwise not too bad. I've never been a big fan of kale and cucumbers, so I substituted with spinach and zucchini. I'm still drinking it for lunch and planning on trying a juicing version of a pepper soup I sometimes make for dinner time.

• Kouzelna

1 year ago

Gazpacho juice, and (even better) tabbouleh juice are both awesome. Recipes for them are around here somewhere....

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.