Starting reboot Monday June 1st 2015. Who's gonna join me?

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• crazychris67

3 years ago

hmm don't see any recent post in this group all from 2-3 wks ago did everyone give up?

• crazychris67

3 years ago

looking to start reboot for at least 15 days hopefully more, hopefully can start within the next week waiting for payday to be able to buy veggies/fruit. So how is everyone doing so far? Thanx,Chrissy

• leighb

3 years ago

On Day 3 and last night I made scalloped potatoes for my family and I found myself shoveling a big giant bite of them into my mouth. But I have moved on, forgiven myself, and am motivated to keep on rebooting!!! I haven't exercised during the reboot yet, but today I am going on a nice long bike ride and am taking my dog for a hike. So, it should really kick my reboot into high gear. How's everyone doing out there?

• leighb

3 years ago

ok day 2 underway ....I'm down 2 lbs already. Very inspiring!!! How's everyone else doing out there?

• health&happiness

3 years ago

Congratulations on making it to day 2!!

• leighb

3 years ago

Hi Everyone! I just started my reboot today. I know that I'm quite a bit behind all of you, but I thought that you looked like a good group, so I hope you're game for a newbie? Anyway, I got pretty hungry this afternoon, so I drank a coconut water. Did the trick. I am dying to shove some food in my mouth, but I'm dying more to stick to the plan. So that's what I'll do.

• health&happiness

3 years ago

Welcome leigh!

• kelleybev

3 years ago

Hi- Day 28 for me. As I look back, I'm so amazed how our bodies can survive on juice alone. God's elixir. Today I weighed and have released 15 pounds! I'm so thankful and grateful. Reading all of Team Awesome's results as well as others on this site have kept me going, especially in times of discouragement. It helps tremendously to get the focus back and know that we can all do this. I have an upcoming 6 days of a road trip with my children so I plan to juice through Saturday then transition to solid foods for the trip. I have to be real careful and I've already made my mind up that it's ok if I gain some of the weight back. Now I know how to kickstart back and continue this lifestyle change.

What is so interesting to me is various people on this site have commented on how their sense of smell had increased. I think mine decreased a little. I'm usually like a bloodhound and can smell anything. I found the odors of fried foods, coffee, etc has not bothered me at all. I thought about chocolate yesterday but that thought was derailed by something else ( forget what that was).

My complexion is clearing up, which is a total praise! I had deep acne and over this time it has diminished about 75%. I attribute that to the ginger/turmeric morning teas. I read that turmeric is good for inflammation, which is the underlying factor ( and hormones) to acne. If I hadn't lost the weight, I'd still be happy with the clearer skin.

Signing off, have to login and begin work now. Happy Rebooting and Juice on

TEAM AWESOME - WE GOT THIS!

Kelley

• health&happiness

3 years ago

Great job! Stay strong!!

• Saira P

3 years ago

Day 25/30

Hi Team Awesome!

Happy Thursday, hope everyone has been keeping well and focused on their goals, whether its to juice once a day or to juice all their meals. This is a life altering habit which requires enormous amounts of will power, energy and motivation. So keep it up!! We all will will get to our goal weight as long as stay focussed and consistent ...its a journey so enjoy the process.

My progress weight loss has been good, it stalled in b/w but i changed it around and got it moving again, released around 16 pounds and lots of inches. Been regularly exercising and can feel I can juice for another two weeks so may attempt that :)

I am traveling July 14th so may juice till then, if not when i get back ill return back to juicing till i get closer to my goal :)

• kelleybev

3 years ago

Great news, Saira! Keep up the good work. You are so right for all the health benefits plus the bonus of weight loss. It will be very easy to return to juicing after your travels, just keep focused and stay the course. It sounds like you have it all mapped out so best wishes for continued success!

Kelley

• health&happiness

3 years ago

Great job!

• TBH719

3 years ago

Hey everyone. I'm officially done with my Reboot, but wanted to let you know that I saw Joe Cross on 6/18 and he was AMAZING. The room was filled with awesome stories about success!! What I learned (silly me) is that after day 15, you need to start adding protein! You will have muscle loss after that if you don't. I ended on Day 19. Lost 14lbs. I've put back on about a pound and am eating 50+% plants still but added in eggs, chicken & some dairy. NO processed foods at all. I admit, the coffee in the morning has been heavenly and going out is easier being able to enjoy wine. HOWEVER - two glasses of wine left me with a headache in the morning that I wish I didn't get. I felt much better overall during the Reboot than I do now. I'm hungrier now too. SO - stay strong. Life on the other side really isn't all that it's cracked up to be unless you go back to your old ways which I refuse to do. So - keep doing what you're doing and you will reap the benefits!! Juice ON!!

• kelleybev

3 years ago

Thank you for the advice! I have 5 days left before I transition back to solid clean foods.

• health&happiness

3 years ago

Congratulations on completing the reboot!!

• kelleybev

3 years ago

Hi Team Awesome-

Day 23 for me. I've "released" 13 pounds. (another rebooter terms it "Released" because lost implies something you need to find) :D. I began adding jalapeño and more ginger to my juices, as I've been reading that it helps to increase your metabolism. I believe it gives more zip to the juices.

Another tip- juice 2 bunches cilantro, 2or3 limes and 1or2 jalapeño. Stir it well then pour in ice cube trays & freeze. Add to your water for a great fresh kick and up the taste. My son loved the spicy water and asked me to make him some with a stronger pepper. He also tasted one of my green drinks and said it wasn't all that bad. He's 21 and doesn't eat well.

I also juice equal parts ginger and turmeric root and freeze as above. Easy to pop into hot water for morning tea. Tumeric root stains as bad as beets so use gloves.

I feel great and my clothes are not so blistering tight. I will continue until next Saturday then transition to solid foods in preparation for 6 day vacation. When I return, I will go to juicing and salads for meals and UP the exercise.

How is everyone else doing?

Kelley

• Saira P

3 years ago

Day 19/30

Hi Team Awesome! Haven't posted in a few days, apologize for that! I had family friends visiting this week and boy was it challenging to have food constantly around me and not to get tempted. When I saw the food around me I did not think of slipping, instead I made myself a juice and got satisfied by drinking it. I also ordered the protein powder that is available on this site as that is recommended after Day 15, so looking forward to longer workouts.

Still going strong and feeling great! We can do this , we have almost reached three weeks into our journey and its been a road of reflections, patience and positive results.

• kelleybev

3 years ago

Great will power around the food and congrats on sticking to the plan. It's amazing how long we can go without solid foods!

Juice on!

• health&happiness

3 years ago

Great job!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.