Starting on or around May 1, 2014

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• TonyS

4 years ago

hi all, i hope everyone is doing good and staying strong.

i just want to update on my progess...i am still down 25 pounds but my bad habbits are coming back so starting reboot from tommorow.

hope everyone is doing good

cheers

spart

• Cynisterkitty

4 years ago

congrats on catching yourself :) I am doing a 5 day "refresher" reboot Starting Sunday Nov 2 so will be looking forward to hearing your progress

• GirlOnAmission

4 years ago

• GirlOnAmission

4 years ago

Hi Tony, you see no one has been on here in over a month so I am on only two boards now...Thank You Joe and Saying Goodbye.....pop over and see me anytime or chat on my wall....hope you're doing well!! That goes for Stuart and Kevin as well!! :D

• Cynisterkitty

4 years ago

love this quote and adore Ms. Tomlin! Got to see her live in concert last year - she is just amazing 70 yrs old and boundless energy. I wonder if she juices lol

• GirlOnAmission

4 years ago

How are you doing today? Still juicing away and carrying on I hope?

• GirlOnAmission

4 years ago

Happy Friday Especially to Stuart and Kevin..... :D

• GirlOnAmission

4 years ago

• GirlOnAmission

4 years ago
  • GirlOnAmission

4 years ago

Here's your game plan ....a recipe for success....add you ....and stir..... :D

• [...]

4 years ago

I like it!

Edit | Delete your post
  • Stuart

4 years ago

Hi everyone, thought I'd pop in to see what's going on. Not much with exception to GirlOnAmision!

I'm on holdiy at present but staying at home and taking in the Commonwealth Games. For a change weather is like summer (yes we do get 4 seasons in 1 day here).

Have enjoyed the chance to see some events live; table tennis, badminton and boxing.

Really ineresting story about a guy from England called Steve Way marathon man. At age 33 he was a 20 a day smoker and "worryingly fat". Long story short at the age of 40, came in10th for England in the Commonwealth Games marathon. This guy is such an inspiration, that if we choose to we can turn things around and achieve remarkable results.

On a personal point, am now 159lbs and ran my fastest 5k on Saturday yet 23:35. Still juicing on most days (I find if I miss a day I feel out of sorts!).

Hope everyone is ok and just too busy with the new them and not needing the peer support so much.

Juice on :)

• Nivekl

4 years ago

Stuart - that is fantastic! Time to post a new picture then! Take it outside in open shade under a canopy of tree branches with fields of heather in the background! That would be a nice celebratory picture indeed!

All is well on my side of the pond! Continue to juice as well as it raw veggies and smoked salmon or grilled chicken occasionally (weight is down to 206 and goal is to get down to 190). Like you, I've had to get rid of all my clothes from when I started my journey and now have a limited collection of clothes that fit nicely. Didn't want to go too crazy buying new clothes until I get down to my goal.

My mother in law thinks I migth be too skinny now (I assured her I was not) and I'm getting many comments on how much thinner I am and that I look ten years younger.

Swimming every day and biking on the weekends. Lifting weights too and also have been doing 200 sit ups a day wanting to get rid of the little bit of stomach fold I have left . I'm sore a lot of the time, but I feel that is what it takes to make up for lost time from being in shape. Also start seeing a PT (physical therapist) today as I've developed bursitis tendonitis in my hips (yeah, yeah - pushing a little too hard maybe, but more because my muscles are so bloody tight!).

So buddy, what else are you doing for fun! I would love to see the badmitton matches! I played competitivly when I was young and love the game! Very fast and intense game indeed!

Are you doing any bicycling?

Be well and keep the juices flowing!

• GirlOnAmission

4 years ago

I guess that's it exactly they don't need the peer support anymore and our title has people thinking that they needed to start their reboot around May 1st....hmmm well I'm still here and glad to see that you are too Stuart and Nivekl....Kevin. Just came back from 2.6 mile walk with rain threatening,that would have been an excuse to not even venture out...uh oh may rain ok not today...no more!! Even if it does rain I will just find it refreshing....hee hee :)

• Nivekl

4 years ago

Hey Samantha - you know you rock with your dedication to this site! I stopped looking over here since there was so little activity and have been (as you know) visiting Thank you Joe or Buddy to Buddy.

Glad you are going strong! How has your transitioning to food been going? I think I saw you were back on a juicing reboot, but haven't been keeping up with where you are now (shame on my not following up with you and knowing what you are up to). Great you are staying focused on your exercise. My own belief is that is the key to our continued success - staying active and getting exercise. I don't believe we can do it on our food intake alone!

I think you know I was having problems with my hip - turns out I've been pushing too hard (imagine that?), and I'm now going to a PT to help me adjust my program. The good news is she says I'm doing fine and I can stay on track with my exercise, I just need to strengthen my core and stretch things out a bit more, or else I'll be in a lot of trouble. All good, just getting a little older and can't go full bore anymore I guess (or I can, I just have to pay a price...!).

Are you still biking as well as your walks? I'm sure the heat if Florida is just a bear this time of year (more so the humidity!). My cousin lives in Jacksonville and we were down there a few years ago and I just can't believe how horrid (my words) the humidity is. Of course when I was down there I was at a heavy point in my life and with the weight I've lost it might not be as bad. Yeah, right!

When I was 20 I was really skinny and then my surface area to weight ratio was very favorable from a cooling stand point! Not so anymore. Of course if I weighed that little now, they would think I was just out of a concentration camp... Not going back to that weight ever again! Even when I got married at 33, I only weighed 170 pounds, which was skinny for a guy 6'-4". So I'm settling for between 190 and 195 and will be there soon!

Keep up the good work buddy and let me know how you're doing!

Cheers,

• GirlOnAmission

4 years ago

Nivekl you're right about the low activity on this board....but if there are still people out there checking the board then I will keep posting....me? I'm having a carrot apple ginger juice right now and veggie broth for dinner....I transitioned for less than a week on food and was watching the weight creep back up and said nope...and started juicing again but more modified and that didn't do too much so I'm on a juicing only path again and down around 47 pounds...fighting with the same 3-5 pounds up and down...I've nearly got them licked....so this week should be breaking through and done...with the yo-yoing not the juicing heavens no....I loved how I felt on juicing only and I know I will find a balance when it is time to transition again....I've also learned so much about my habits which were always good with veggies but also loaded with carbs and sweets- same thing right? Now I see what foods set me off to have more and more and I know how hard I have to work to get rid of the results of an overindulgence...yes still doing my walks and biking and I've added 10lb weights to the mix because I feel that I can be doing more. The heat isn't tragic here if you go walking first thing in the morning....I used to try to get out before 10am but now I am out by 8am and it's not bad at all...170lbs and 6'4" sounds emaciated...how did that weight feel on you? 190/195 sounds more reasonable, what weight are you more comfortable with?

• GirlOnAmission

4 years ago
  • GirlOnAmission

4 years ago

My thought for the day...having broken through a plateau...p.s. where is everyone?! :)

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.