Reboot Runners

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• JodyBee

3 years ago

Happy New Year. I've just joined the group and hope to get some wonderful motivation from you all. I weighed myself yesterday and was the heaviest I have ever been (101kg) and boy do I feel it on my joints. I have just signed up for one of Joes's 60 day plans and also want to start jogging. I have signed up for a run in May and I hope that with your help I will get to the finish line.

• DeeAreDot

3 years ago

Hi everyone! I am starting my reboot the day after Christmas. My employer is on winter shutdown until Jan 4th so I figure this is the perfect time to get started. I am traveling to Peru in April where I will hike Machu Pichu. I used to run but I haven't done anything serious for about 12 years. I've done 2 half marathons and 4 marathons. I want to start logging miles again because I remember how great it felt. Looking for comraderie as I embark on this journey!

• panny

3 years ago

Hi Dee. Sounds like you got a good plan for April. Peru sounds exciting! I am starting my re boot on 27th Dec. Im off work until the 7th Jan so also perfect time to get a good start. I am sure we can encourage eachother along the way. I'm planning to train for my Spring Marathon whilst just on Juice. You are so right about the feeling running gives you! I feel like it gives you back the life you thought you'd lost! Maybe in the New year you might get back in to it. Stay strong and keep going.

• panny

3 years ago

Hi. Please may I join your group? I am a long term runner and have juiced on and off for a few years. I need to get back on track once again with juicing. Im hoping to run a marathon in 20016 just on juice. I would love to hear how you achieve this.

• mfleeman

3 years ago

In 2008 I reached my highest weight at 305 which at that point I decided it was time to do something so I signed up for a full marathon.. As crazy as that seemed I felt like I had to do something extreme. It took 9 months but I did it, I have since ran 3 more marathons and countless halfs and 5k. I say this not to brag but to remind myself and others to be thankful for the ability to run. In August of this year I was diagnosed with stage two bile duct cancer and that ability to run has been temporarily taken away from me, I miss it so much and can't wait to be able to run again someday!!!! I am going to start juicing to see if it will give me the energy to run again.

• NoeJuice

3 years ago

I have never done a reboot, but I do run and want support from other people. I will be starting my reboot on Wednesday when I get my juicer. Is it ok if I join this group?

• Michael

3 years ago

Absolutely! Welcome to the party!

• Katarina

3 years ago

Hi guys!!

I am planning to start running, but I am a complete beginner when it comes to it. Any advices on how to start (how many days a week, how long should my workout be,..)?

Thanks!

Kate

• Michael

3 years ago

Congrats Katarina! I'd suggest starting with a walk/run approach based on time to avoid injury and frustration. Maybe start with 5 minute walk, run 1 minute and repeat for 30 minutes. Gradually build your run minutes up as you progress until you can run for 30 minutes. I'd start with 3 days a week. There is a program you can get for free online called Couch to 5K that's good if you're needing more of a schedule or program. And always Run Happy! :)

• Michael

3 years ago

Here's a link to a Couch to 5K website... http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

• mfleeman

3 years ago

Hal higdon has great free running programs

• Ellen P.

3 years ago

I just joined this group on the basis of this post and the helpful replies. I'm new to running as well, but want to be able to run in some events this year.

• Live Well

3 years ago

Wow Charlottec! You are changing your life :))

• Live Well

3 years ago

What a great site! I found the fitness section very helpful. A lot of info. on how to eat, blend, or juice, and stay hydrated.......Well people, heading out the door for a run.... have a great day!

• Charlottec

3 years ago

hi folks, glad to join this group. I am on day 27 of my reboot I want to lose about 100 pounds. At this point I am just doing walking for exercise. I will start a couch to 5k program after I lose 25 pounds, and add in yoga when I have lost 50 I have a Fitbit charge and that helps me keep moving I've hit over 10,000 steps several times I have modified my reboot a bit, as I know I will be doing this a long time. I still drink one black cup of coffee each morning, and when eating out comes up, I eat a salad or steamed veggies instead of strictly juice I also eat 1/4 cup of nuts and 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt each day. I just felt that was was better for myself for a long term program. So far so good. I started this on September 29th which was my 58th birthday, and decided that I would only weigh my self once a month on the 29th, as I have been very obsessive about the scales number in the past. My clothes are definitely looser, and I feel better already, hopefully on Thursday this week I will start my running program, otherwise I will keep on walking for another month.

• valiantjuice

3 years ago
    [deleted]
  • Michael

3 years ago

Keep up the good work Charlottec!

• kirsis018

3 years ago

Hello, I'm in my first day of reboot and I'm really excited for doing this. I just be a runner but because of my weight and I'm always tired, I had to stop running. Any advice for the next few days of reboot?

• Michael

3 years ago

Well... you're probably done with your reboot seeing the post is a month old. However, walking is always a great start! Let us know how it went!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.