Reboot Runners

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Neil Martin

5 years ago

The guy on the left got out of breath running the bath. The guy on the right just signed up to run a 106 mile ultra marathon next August! (yes they are both me). Got to love the power juicing of fruit and veg ;-)

• Brian

5 years ago

I couldn't imagine running 106 miles. How long does that take? How do you fuel your body during that distance? How long do you rest after? That is amazing. If you can't tell I have never read anything about an ultra. There is a 50 mile run not far from my house in the spring and I couldn't imagine that. What kind of pace do you run something like that? I can't wait to hear more from you Neil. You are amazing.

• Neil Martin

5 years ago

Hi Brian - the longest I have run so far is a marathon, so there are quite a few unknowns for me with this event. The race is over 4 days. The first day is approx 17 miles, second is 27 miles, third is 25 miles and the final day is 3 miles. This adds up to the official length of 102 miles, but even the event organisers say the route is actually 106!

I only started running in June 2012 and did my first marathon in May of this year. The fact that this run is over 4 days means I am mentally preparing for it as 4 marathons, although I think I need to forget the fact that after my first marathon I rested for over a week! Pace is to be determined, I will keep the group posted on my training progress.

• Brian

5 years ago

My longest run in an event is a half marathon. I plan to do a few more then move up to a full. I can't wait to learn more about how you are doing. Good luck with it.

• Sick'n'Tired

5 years ago

Wow! I can't imagine a 106 mile run. All the best with that. I'll be doing my 2nd 5 K in the spring.

• 2FatTom

5 years ago

I did one full marathon a couple of years ago in San Antonio. It was extremely hot, which made it miserable. If I do another, it will be in a cool climate!!!

• Brian

5 years ago

I did mine in Greenville, Sc. Temp was 27 degrees. Near the end I couldn't feel my hands.

• 2FatTom

5 years ago

Hello runners! I ran a 1/2 marathon last week in 2:54. My weight for the race was 221 lbs.

My goal weight is 199. My goal time is 2:29

• Brian

5 years ago

great job on your 1/2. Shane is a big half marathon man. I have run one. I did my first in October. I want to do a full.

• Neil Martin

5 years ago

Well done!

• Brian

5 years ago

Anyone have a race or run coming up? Thanksgiving day I plan on starting a holiday streak. You run everyday from Thanksgiving Day- Jan 2nd. I have a 5k on Nov. 30th.

• Sick'n'Tired

5 years ago

Have a great run Brian. I am with you in spirit because my body just isn't quite there yet :)

• Anne

5 years ago

Hello there! My name is Anne & I'm new to the group & new to juicing & new to the community! I'm not new to running, but have been on a, lets call it a haitus for the last year and a half....

I completed the Detroit 1/2 in 2011 & since then found every reason in the book not to run....I'm ready to get back to it...looking for inspiration from the group!

• Brian

5 years ago

glad to meet you Anne.

• Sick'n'Tired

5 years ago

1/2 marathon is something I'm working my way to. I did a 5K and then did nothing and started back again. I will probably do a 5 and 10K this spring and would like to be in the Scotiabank 1/2 marathon in the fall of 2014. If I just stick with it I can do it. Then of course will have to train for a full marathon. I have a friend that has done the iron man in BC, Canada this past summer. I don't know how he does it, but he does at 56 years of age. Now that's my inspiration.

• Brian

5 years ago

http://www.thedigitalcourier.com/news/education/x2082479342/Pinnacle-gets-juiced

• Sick'n'Tired

5 years ago

That's interesting. More kids liked it than the adults. My boys love the juice and the smoothies. The only thing they didn't like, and I didn't either, was the carrot ginger soup. It's good to get them eating healthy when they are young.

• Sick'n'Tired

5 years ago

We finally started to run today! After building ourselves up with walking, I was very nervous about running, but we started week one on the program I listed and I feel great! Mind you the last cycle was very difficult, but I made it! Just thought I would share that. We are going to aim for a 5K by the spring. Hope you all started your week well.

• Brian

5 years ago

I have never run in temps that low. Here in the Carolinas winters are not so bad. I always warm up a mile or so in.

• Shane Whaley

5 years ago

Sweden is beautiful in the summer but her winters are harsh. One November we only had 17 hours of sunlight for the entire month!!

Sweden is where this whole journey began for me and I recently ran my 4th half marathon there to celebrate it :-)

• Sick'n'Tired

5 years ago

Congrats! I remember being there and at about 10PM it seemed like dusk. They told me there was very little sunshine in the winter. It's getting dark at around 5PM here now. It gets lighter as the end of December approaches, but your whole mode shifts. That's why we will be doing it in the AM.

• Shane Whaley

5 years ago

Oh I know about the cold Tammy! When I started juicing and running it as negative 30 to 35 in Stockholm Sweden where I then lived. Here I am braced for another arctic run!

• Sick'n'Tired

5 years ago

I spent 5 weeks in Sweden! Loved the Stockholm Water Festival, the Tivoli, the Castle at Drottingham... oh there was so much we did there. In the summer months it wasn't too hot or cold. Just perfect! Everything was so green.

That's the picture of Canada for sure! Did you use anything on your sneakers? I am terrified of falling on the ice.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.