Reboot Runners

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• PH-RN88

5 years ago

Hi Tammy! I'm on my 3rd day juice fast. I ran another 2.5 miles today and so far I haven't experienced dizziness or anything. I just feel hungry. Hope this one goes away soon.

• Sick'n'Tired

5 years ago

PH-RN88 try this broth http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/warm-up-with-juice-pulp-veggie-broth-recipe-of-the-week/ Save your pulp in a freezer bag in your freezer. This really hits the spot and is legal on a juice fast :)

• 2FatTom

5 years ago

either a 5k or 4 miler, not sure (my wife signed us up & there was one of each...not sure which she went with).

I ran 3 miles during lunch, it wasn't easy. I don't know what the problem is, other than sketchy training the last few months.

• Brian

5 years ago

I run everyday 3-5 miles. I do the same training week to week. Training for speed now.

• Brian

5 years ago

I can post my training schedule if you like.

• 2FatTom

5 years ago

I just got my confirmation & will be running this Thanksgiving day!

http://safoodbank.org/thegreatturkeychallenge.org/

• Brian

5 years ago

good luck. How far?

• Dreamer86

5 years ago

Yea!!! You go! Hope you have a great high from that!!

• Brian

5 years ago

Anyone else drink beet juice to boost performance leading up to and just before a running event?

• 2FatTom

5 years ago

Tell me more...

• Brian

5 years ago

beet juice is supposed to help increase spread and performance.

• Brian

5 years ago

3 beets, pineapple, 2 small pink lady apples

• Dreamer86

5 years ago

Hi, does anyone else think that beets taste like dirt? I peeled them the second time, still dirt, know they are good but can't drink that taste for anything!!! any ideas on masking it or anything? :)

• danaeliza

5 years ago

Last week I had a glass before I went to gym. It gave me the endurance to complete the workout. Mine was a apple, beet, strawberry and ginger combo.

• Dreamer86

5 years ago

Here is a picture of me when I ran the Marathon 12 years ago. Amazing high!

• Brian

5 years ago

half marathons are so fun. I hope to make the jump to a full next year

• Dreamer86

5 years ago

Well, it's the only one I've run-- I did a 10K but I don't have speed, I have endurance --A marathon is a metaphor of life. You endure, you keep going. It made me think that I could do anything. A nice thing to have under my belt considering the succeeding years!! Anyway, I

met a lady who does endurance races. She's older than me and I was impressed. Races of like 50 miles, 100 miles, there's a whole circuit out there. I don't know. But It sounded amazing. I used to get runners world magazine and it mentioned LSD , long slow distance. That's me now! I liked the interval training and tried a little of that, speeding up for a while, then going back to my "slogging"!

• Tyshea Perkins

5 years ago
    Thanks Tammy!! I have completed 2 halfs, 2 10ks will be 3 in December, doing a 10k in Jamiaca at the Reggae Marathon!! Im so excited about it!

I dont officially plan on starting to juice until after I come back from Jamiaca!! I'm trying to prepare my mind now for the lose of all the things I like to eat!! I have really been in a funk, even with the inconsistent running im still gaining!!

On average I run 2x a week and maybe a saturday if Im up to it!!
  • Sick'n'Tired

5 years ago

A 10K in Jamaica sounds like fun! Enjoy! Re: juicing, I followed the 15 day reboot on the site here. The first 5 days have some yummy veggie dishes. Then you are supposed to just juice for 10 days, however, I was famished so I cut out the dessert juice and ate a salad or sauteed greens at dinner.

I am planning to do the actual fast in January with the guided 30 day program. I am hoping I'll be able to cut out food completely. Best think is the junk is gone! It's amazing how much energy you have from just juicing.

You'll have to tell us how you did on you 10K.

• Brian

5 years ago

Anyone doing a Turkey Trot or some other themed Thanksgiving Day Run? I am starting the holiday streak on Thursday. Then have the last 5k of the year of the race series I have been running in. Saw the trophies this morning. I am 1point out of third place and 6 points out of second, still in stir kin distance if I do well on Saturday. I wasn't going to go out and run this morning in the freezing rain but that trophy would look nice on my mantle.

• Sick'n'Tired

5 years ago

You are braving the elements Brian. I slipped on ice under the snow this weekend and it freaking hurt! I think I'll use my elliptical on these days or go to the gym and use the tread mill. Not liking the size of bruises I get...

• Brian

5 years ago

I hate running in the rain and cold. Will only go out for an hour. When we have ice I run in a field and stay off slick roads. Never know what the weather will be on a race day so I train in all weather.

• PH-RN88

5 years ago

Thank you Brian! And I'm sorry I accidentally clicked the "flag as" instead of the like button opps..

• Brian

5 years ago

it's is okay. And your welcome.

• PH-RN88

5 years ago

Hi! Newbie here :)

I run almost every morning for the past 2 months 4-5 times/week average 2miles with brisk walking in between. I just found out about juicing and it's my second day and this morning I got dizzy few minutes after I finished running, yesterday afternoon I was hungry and sweating and I got goosebumps, felt a bit weak, just want to ask if there are any limitations to running when juicing? Or are these just side effects of juicing and will just go away after few days?

• Brian

5 years ago

I would say that is just getting new to juicing. I ran all through my juicing. I have run a half marathon while on a 7 day juice only fast. Give it a few more days and see how you feel. This is just from my own experience.

• Sick'n'Tired

5 years ago

PH-RN88 they say you go through a detox period of about 3-7 days when you first start juicing. Are you doing a juice fast? OR are you eating as well?

• Tyshea Perkins

5 years ago
    Hey fellow runners I am new to the Reboot life!! I am a fellow runner who hasnt been running for a long time but I have grown to love the act of running because of BLACK GIRLS RUN!! The group of ladies that I run with help me stay motivated and committed to staying healthy and preserving the sexy!!
    Look forward to sharing with you all once I start my reboot!!
  • Brian

5 years ago

I can't wait to hear more from you.

• Sick'n'Tired

5 years ago

Tyshea, we have a groups here in Canada from the Running Room. Gotta say I love your name! Right now it's just me and a friend running. Have you done any 5K's yet?

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.