Reboot Runners

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• SummerBreeze

1 year ago

Hi everybody! I'm brand new and I want to start 1 week reboot on Sunday.

I need to lose 20lb and I want to see how far I get after one week.

I also run, usually 4 times per week, around 35 mins run (+ 5 mins walk warm up at the beginning and 5 mins walk cool down at the end) so a total of 45.

Do you have any suggestions of what kind of juices should I drink?

I was planning to have the carrot/apple one in the morning and the green one during the day.

I usually run first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

I'm nervous about it and I might just slow down this week and maybe just run 2 times...but please if you have any advice I would really appreciate it...and tons of cheering cos I'm so scared to fail :(

Thank you!!!!

• Michael

1 year ago

Good work Summer! I usually don't over think the type of juice thing much. I go with what sounds good at the time and what makes my tummy happy. I have a 8oz green juice with a little pineapple and a whole lemon before my morning run. But that is what works for me. I have experimented with a lot of different flavors before, during and after a run. Some worked for me, others didn't. Experimenting was kind of fun! Run Happy!

• JuliusG84

1 year ago

I have completed BMW half-marathon on Sunday :) 30 degrees Celsius :P 1:49:50 What I've noticed during a reboot was that I felt a little weaker than usual. Maybe because of glycogen reduction. My training was about 10k and 16k /5km/h But now it's ok. Combining running and rebooting is the best way to boost your metabolism

• kayjay

1 year ago

What is your motivation for jogging in the morning before work??? I used to be able to knock it out but I just don't have the right motivation to getting up earlier than my typical schedule. Any suggestions!? I really want to get back into morning jogs

• Sullije

1 year ago

For me, the morning run helps put me in the right frame of mind for the rest of the day. I have a fairly stressful job, and the run in the morning is my way of clearing my head. I feel much calmer heading into work. It's good for me, and everyone that has to deal with me, lol. Another point someone made to me, is that the discipline required is not as much getting your feet on the floor in the morning, as it is in getting your butt to bed early at night. What's more important the channel surfing at night, or the exercise in the morning? I don't know, it helped me straighten my head out about it. Good luck!!

• Michael

1 year ago

I'm going on my 6th week of early morning runs Monday - Saturday @ 7am. It's a small group (2-6 people depending on the day) which makes us accountable to each other. We started it because the heat and humidity was quite unmotivating at 5pm! I really look forward to it now... starts my day right with a good sweat and usually some good laughs on the trail.

• Henri

1 year ago

I'm looking forward to starting on August 18 this 30-day challenge. I get really hungry after a workout my cholesterol is at 203, no meds, I cannot do the protein powders because of the risk of raising my cholesterol levels. What can I do to not feel so hungry?

• Izabel

1 year ago

You're amazing!! Keep up the great work! You got this! :D

• Plant Strong Too

1 year ago

Plan to eat veggies, fruit, and nuts only this week and to swim two days and run three. Food is my weak link. Reboot day 1 is tomorrow July 5. Having ounce of nuts a day in addition to the fruit and veggies, so is not identical to "reboot" described in the movie.

Could use support.

• Doctorvlaw

1 year ago

I do this and it is helpful to me too!!! Including nuts keeps me from being hungry late in the day!

• maryanne.cullen.1

1 year ago

I made beet juice for me and my son supposed to increase oxygen in blood and add to endurance

• Plant Strong Too

1 year ago

Nice. Have seen videos on beet research on www.nutritionfacts.org.

• Doctorvlaw

1 year ago

Yay!!! I drink it every single day now!!! I feel awesome!!!!

• bbnjh

1 year ago

if I ran the same amount 5.5 k every day -will that stall my progress?? I read somewhere that there should be no muscle work during a juice fast but running and walking are great. I am on day 8th of a (I hope) 30 day only juice fast

• Plant Strong Too

1 year ago

Great staying on juice fast for 8 days.

James Lawrence did 50 Iron Mans in 50 consecutive days last summer. He said they got easier not harder as his body adapted. His young daughter ran the last 5K of every race. So, maybe it is okay to do the 5K every day. His Facebook page is

https://www.facebook.com/Ironcowboy

• Billd76

1 year ago

I spent a rainy day in Portland Oregon watching joes movie, our son is graduating college tomorrow and we are flying home to pa on Sunday. I am not overweight and never have been, my wife and I are active runners, hikers and cyclist. Have completed 3 marathons, a triathlon, dozens of half marathons, 10 milers, 5ks and hoping to do my first century bike ride on the 18th. I was put on BP meds about 7 years ago . My BP at the time was 138/84. I have been taking it since. BP now run 117/72. About that same time my cholesterol was 350 and was put on a 20mg statin which I rarely take and my cholesterol is at around 200. All other blood work and over health is execellent. I'm hoping that the juice cleansing will get me off the meds forever!!!. My wife cooks all low carb meals. I don't want to be the 58 year old that suddenly starts to gain wait!! - See more at: http://community.rebootwithjoe.com/discussions/edit_discussion/id/97643#sthash.9SXlfiqi.dpuf

• RunningRick

1 year ago

I am a runner. I have completed over 30 half-marathons and 5 marathons including two Goofy races. (Half marathon on Saturday and a full on Sunday) I started running at the age of 55 and just turned 65. In May I just completed (note the word completed instead of ran) my 10th consecutive Bluenose Half Marathon which is the first race I ran and is the largest race where I live. This was supposed to be a celebration of my turning 65. But starting around November last year I have had a fatigue issue. I have seen multiple doctors and they can only tell me what it isn't not what it is. With this fatigue issue I have been eating poorly for a long time and with my reduced runs have gained about 30 pounds. (Which means I am 80 pounds to heavy.) So I found Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and am now starting a new journey to fix myself. I need to run. I have too many goals left unfinished including the one I just failed. For the last 9 years I lead a group preparing for the Half Marathon and this year was the first I bailed on many of the training runs. This was very hard and I failed my group as well as myself. I am not brave enough currently to do an all juice reboot so I have started with one juice, one smoothy and then a small meal with salad and protein (fish or eggs). Today is day one. I will continue to run and do my best but I have not registered for anything, except a 5K this Sunday, until I can train properly. Thanks for listening.

• Plant Strong Too

1 year ago

Sounds like you are choosing those things you can do to make progress.

• Izabel

1 year ago

Hi! This may be a random question but I was wondering what kind of shoes do you wear? I've been running recently for the past 2 weeks but my feet are starting to hurt so I'm thinking of changing shoes. Any suggestions?

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.