Reboot Runners

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• melder1215

8 months ago

Just starting the 60 day thyroid reboot. I used to run and do triathlons and have virtually stopped everything due to chronic fatigue and lack of motivation. I am really hoping that the reboot will give me the energy I crave to get more active. Here's hoping!!!!

• Cornisha

8 months ago

Hi ladies and gents! This may sound absurd and/or comical for some but I am 320 pounds and wanting to start training for a 5k that will take place in August. This will be my first marathon. Today I've began the second day of my extended 90 day juice fast. I started out at 328 pounds on my first day and have already lost 8 pounds! I'm very excited! Right now I can only jog for about 1 minute and a half before returning to a power walk. It takes me apprioximately 22 minutes to complete a mile. I've been informed by an organizer of the race that we will have an hour and 15 minutes to complete 3.1 miles. With that information in mind, I theorized that I can complete each mile in 22 minutes and would be able to successfully complete the marathon.

Now, I used to run cross-country as a teenager and loved it (albeit I wasn't the best at it). I was the appropriate weight for my age, height, and gender throughout these years. I became over weight closer to my high school graduation but lost of lot of it right before i graduated and a little more afterwards. I did run about 3 miles after graduating quite regularly because I found it invigorating. Since then, a lot has transpired. I'm married with a 4 year old jumping toddler boy. Amid becoming obese, I have not been nearly as active as I used to although my baby boy keeps me on my toes.

Anyways, I dont want to wait to start jogging after losing weight because I find it very empowering now. It just feels good and I want to have something to work towards aside losing a signifcant amount of weight during my juice fast and regaining my health. I want to increase my speed which I know will definitely happen as I get fit. But I need all the tips I can get for being a good runner. Although advise from any body would be great regardless, I'd really appreciate tips for people running who are obese and who are trying to build stamina. I suppose this would probably come from anyone in the same boat or anyone who has been there. Even when I was small, my coaches always told me one of the keys to running long distances is to control the rhythm of your breathing. I've struggled with this even when I was small although I did greatly improve before I got into this now obese body of mine. So, please give me as many tips as you can but especially effective methods to control the rhythm of breathing when running. I'm also here to support everyone else as we all strive to meet our goals!

• madsdurham

8 months ago

I've never really been a runner, though i've tried several times. I really enjoy it. I just can't seem to breathe when i run for longer than a couple of minutes. I'm hoping that my juicing reboot will help with that a bit. Is it okay to try to start running so early in the reboot? or should i wait to get a little bit farther?

• getting healthy

8 months ago

I have been a runner for about 5 year, the last couple years I have gained weight. I have been juicing for 11 days and have lost 20 lbs. My question is has anyone juiced while running a half marathon. I will be on day 55 when I run my next half, my plans are to add veg. protein powder to my drinks starting this weekend. I will be running 3 half marathons that week with a group that can have my juices available while I run. I worry adding food that week into my diet, I think I would rather be near a bathroom the first few time I eat. any information would be appreciated.

• Cornisha

8 months ago

The 20 pounds you have lost is impressive. What's even more impressive is your commitment! It sounds like you have a viable plan to incorporate veggie protein powder to help you get the energy you need to run. I personally have never run while juicing but there are a couple of juice and weight loss success stories where I recall people picking up running marathons as a hobby while juicing that are floating around on the web. If I re-locate any of them, I'll leave the website into for you to go and read them. Sometimes people leave contact information for people needing motivation so it would be great to read them. In the meanwhile, I'm wishing you well in your endeavors to run those 3 marathons and to meet all of your other goals!

• Seguidilla

9 months ago

I love running as well I even have a treadmill at home and in 3 days I'll start juicing. Anyone needs a body, I'm here.

• Cornisha

8 months ago

Nice! What a convenience to have a treadmill right at home! I know you commented 3 weeks ago. Were you able to start juicing as planned? Please let me know how it is going! I'm definitely in need of the support and information. Other people's successes often inspire me!

• Tink

9 months ago

Good Afternoon, I have been a mild runner for a few years but have recently decided to up my running. I was only running a few times a week and maybe a mile or two. I am attempting to run at least 5 times a week no less than 3 miles. I am also starting a juice fast. I am planning to go 30 days but wondered about the negative and positive of running while on the fast. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• Janettepena

10 months ago

Hello, this is my first time here. I need some support to start this journey of being a runner... I want to lose some weight and also for my health...

• KrystalsJourney

9 months ago

I am preparing to train for a half marathon!

• varjsan

1 year ago

HI GUYS!! Today I want to start resseting my health and my way of life. My goal is to lose 15 kg of weight to run 100 miles in the month of march and finish my first Ironman 70.3, but above all, improve my eating habits and my quality of life.

Today is the first day, my intention is to folow it 10 days and if I have enough willpower... try it one month

WE START

• Holden

1 year ago

Hi runners! I know juicing is the way to hit the "reset" button on my health, body, mind and spirit. I'm ready to start, but SO appreciate the support from the group! I can't wait to feel the benefits and see the discussions!

• HeatherS

1 year ago

I feel at home here. I'm starting an October juice and needed to talk about it. I've juiced before. Ready to get the toxins out. Here's to day one!!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.