Reboot Runners

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• DellR

3 years ago

Im in the middle of training for NYC marathon about to start a reboot concerned how this will affect trainmen i have a long run sunday 18 miles any advice ?

• Michael

3 years ago

Congrats on getting into the NYC Marathon! I think you'll be fine DellR. I just finished a five (5) day reboot. Ran 24 miles last Saturday morning (day 5) on juice alone (drank 16 oz of juice every four (4) miles. I felt a little "hunger pains" the last three (3) miles but definitly didn't feel like I was going to bonk.

• Michael

3 years ago

Here are the juices I used:

32 oz: Cucumber (2), Celery (6 stalks) Pineapple (1), Lemon (1)

32 oz: Red Pepper (4), Orange (6), Carrot (2 lbs), Lemon (1)

32 oz: Beet (2 large), Granny Smith Apple (4), Lemon (1), Ginger

• AFeskimo

3 years ago

Day 3 of reboot, I used to be a half marathoner, now I am a walk/runner in the virtual event Meet Me on Mars by MoonJoggers. Just trying to get back healthy! Down 3 lbs, so far!

• Michael

3 years ago

Keep up the good work AFeskimo!

• Aiming4fit

3 years ago

Hello, I'm on my second day of my reboot. I used to run, not at a fast pace, 5k, 10k, and half marathons. I would like to start running again but am a little concerned with how unsettled my stomach feels since I've started juicing. I don't have access to a treadmill. Any ideas or suggestions?

• Free Fall

3 years ago

Take it slow and focus on the juicing for the first week or longer depending on the number of days of your Reboot. Your system is adjusting to a lot already! If you feel good I would say the best way to start is by walking! Then you'll build up naturally to running. Congrats on the new start!

• kayjay

3 years ago

Hi! I am new to this particular group. I JUST started jogging again. Today is the 30th day of a 40day reboot. I am now taking to 10 days at a time. I have lost 25lbs total and I have stopped counting the inches I have lost! SO exciting! Anyway I still would like to lose 20 more pounds at minimum! (Realistically 40lbs) but 20 will put me back in the "normal" range. I will be running more now to train for a physical test for local police department I have been DYING TO apply to for YEARS. What held me back? WEIGHT did. Now I feel like I can move forward with a career I REALLY want.

First thing, I need to buy/invest in better running shoes :/.

• Michael

3 years ago

Good job kayjay!

• AFeskimo

3 years ago

Good shoes make all the difference!! If you can, get your gait evaluated, you'd be surprised what difference it will make with the right shoes!

• mischa marx

3 years ago

Hello

My name is Mischa and I start rebooting on 27th aug. Never rebooted before, but I do run 2 times a week intenseve. I also run on the first day of reboot!

Is that wise to do?? Can you give me tips how to maintain the running during reboot?

thank you very much

grt Mischa

• Michael

3 years ago

In my experience you'll be fine running on Day 1 of a reboot. You may notice you're mentally and physically a bit more tired on Day 2 and 3.

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

Hello runners... Today was suppose to be my day one but I slipped. I have fasted for 45 days and a 28 day before. I hate running... I hate it! lol but I wanna learn to love it.. Any tips for beginners?

• NikkiG120

3 years ago

also do you add protein powder to your fast?

• Michael

3 years ago

Start with walking for 4 minutes and run for 1 minute. Do longer run times as you progress. Have fun with it... Try trail running at a local park, street running can get a little boring. Take a friend, take a dog. Don't worry about the distance, just start with "time on my feet".

• Free Fall

3 years ago

Where can I find the Coach 5k App? Looking forward to getting started!

• RunforCure

3 years ago

Hello All!

I'm training for the NYC Marathon and decided (for many reasons) it was time to get on a plant based diet. I'll do much better at this marathon if I can get to my "fighting weight" and the mental energy needed will hopefully be improved as well. I ordered my juicer but it'll be a bit, so I'm doing smoothies till it comes.

Hope to keep up with you all!

• Michael

3 years ago

Congrats on getting in to the NYC Marathon! Juice On!

• Radiant Bella

3 years ago

Hi people, please is this group for stregth training as well or just runners? Thank you.

• Michael

3 years ago

I strength train with boxing to help make me a better runner. But most of the posts I've read here are focused on running while rebooting or running in general. I don't think anyone will block a post about strength training though. Welcome Radiant Bella!

• Trenthamfolk

3 years ago

Hey, I'm a reboot runner! I have been finding that in the first few days I have been suffering from cramps in the night after running... is this normal and could it be related to my sodium intake dropping off? I run marathons and cramps don't usually bother me. Any advice/shared experiences welcome!

• Michael

3 years ago

I'm guessing it's your sodium. I still drink a NUUN or Tailwind on hot weather runs even if I'm rebooting.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.