Reboot Runners

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Lynn at Montreal

3 years ago

Hello all, my 7 days reboot went very well. The fungal, bateria, allergy, and eczema which plagued me for more than 3 months now are steadily going away. And when yesterday I finished my 7th day, I can be off the medicine and decided to resume my running from next week.

But I still have question, for the past 7 days, I was rebooting for the healing, and what I consumed and worked on me were deep green leefy vegetables and of course some fruits, but mostly veggies and I was staying home recovering. Now I will again start to my routine 10 -12KM run every other day, what should I eat and drink in the morning, before the running, that will supply enough calory, and water, that I wont faint because of low blood sugar, and dehydrate, because you know, the veggie drinks are very condensed.

Thank you all, hope to hear from you.

Lynn

• Michael

3 years ago

Congrats on the success of the 7 Day Reboot Lynn! Joe's book 101 Juice Recipes has "active" juice recipes. I'm training for a 100 mile race which I plan to run on juice only. I have been using Pineapple/Cucumber juice, Sweet Pepper/Orange juice and Grape/Coconut Water juice. I have completed two (2) marathons and several 16 - 20 mile runs on these juices alone. I posted the recipes on another post below. I look for juices with 200 - 300 calories (12 oz) per hour. Yes, most are more fruit heavy but I want the sugar and potassium. I use Tailwind for my sodium. I have tried several juices... the above seem to sit well in my stomach. Experiment!

• Michael

3 years ago

Here's a link on Fitness and Juice... http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/fitness/juice-and-exercise/

• Lynn at Montreal

3 years ago

Thank you Michael

• W36BR

3 years ago

Hello, I am on my first day of reboot (I am already a semi-vegetarian but eat too much sugar and cheese) and right now have been running 8-10 k three times a week. I used to be a pretty decent runner (3 marathons, lots of 10ks), but since a bad tendinitis in 2012 I am struggling to regain my form.

So my question is will I be able to keep on running even though I will not be getting as many calories? I am not looking to PR right now or anything, but I would like to keep running at least the same amount I am running now and also keep my walks.

Thank you guys for your help and please excuse any mistakes :)

• Michael

3 years ago

Hi W36BR... wishing you a fast recovery on the tendonitis. I struggle with a little plantar fasciitis myself. Based on my experience, you'll be fine with running those distances 3 x a week while rebooting. If you feel hungry after your run have a juice and some water! Happy Running and Juice On!

• W36BR

3 years ago

Hello, Michael, thank you for your encouragement. I went for a 9 k run this morning and felt a little tired, but I guess that was expected since my body is still getting used to not receiving as many calories as it used to.

Thank God my tendinitis got better, but I still have to be careful with it. Not running too long or on consecutive days now.

A few years ago I was also playing a lot of tennis and ended up with a never healing plantar fasciitis. Boy, did it hurt when I got up in the morning! After months of pain it finally got better when I ditched my nike vomero´s and started stretching more and doing shiatsu.

I hope you get better soon! Did you experience extra thirst while running? I never carry wter with me, but today I got really thirsty midway in my run (and it was a very cool day for our tropical standards).

Have a nice day!

• Michael

3 years ago

I always carry a water bottle. Sometimes it has juice, sometimes water, sometimes coconut water. If it is extremely hot out I may carry one in each hand. One to spray on my head and one to drink from. Handhelds took a few runs to get used to but now I feel naked without one... just became habit.

• AFeskimo

3 years ago

http://go.shr.lc/1fnsQH0

Moonjoggers....in case anyone wants an event without having to travel, etc.

• Larsdk

3 years ago

hii all fellow runners..:)..

i have been running for almost 4 years now, did my first marathon in may and since a couple of 1/2 marathons. my latest thing i trailrunning.:)...

how can you guys feel the "reboost" on your energy and run?

looking foreward to hear from you..:).

all the best from denmark

• AFeskimo

3 years ago

I am a part of the Moon Joggers event online, and I just wanna say, I have logged 101 miles as of today, in one year! Small thing for you marathoners, but hey, it's huge for me!!!!

• Michael

3 years ago

Good Work AFeskimo!

• valiantjuice

3 years ago

I would love to join such a thing! I've never heard of it before. This is all very helpful!

• kristif815

3 years ago

Ex and future runner here.

It's been a few years since my last race, because I use to run 3-4 days a week. Slowly I fell off of my routine, and life happend. My mom passed away, I moved a few times, and I lost focus on what was important... ME.

Now after gaining back 60 pounds (I had lost 50 while running and eating well) after 5 years of being on and off track, I need help. This whole year I have been healing a back injury that caused me to lose my new job (I do hair and have been doing hair for 20 years) in a new city. The last few months I have been able to walk again, most of the time without a limp now. :)

As time goes on and I get the okay from my chiropractor, I want to get back to running, and racing. It was always a love hate thing for me, but I felt so good when I was done with a run.

Right now my goal is 5 miles a week walking, and work my way back up to running eventually.

I'm thankful there is a group of juicers doing this and look forward to learning from you.

• lublue

3 years ago

Tonight i'm making grape and Kale juice for Ella Mae & zoodle soup for the Mighty Mouse. The grape & kale turned out great! I roasted a spaghetti squash which the Mouse loves, and I'm subbing that in for carrots and zuchinni.

• lublue

3 years ago

I'm not a runner, but i box. It's 5:30 am class and I do it for myself, for exercise, for sanity, but not for sport! I have to get up at 4:30 am to get there on time, but it's so worth it...

My daughters love our juicer. They adore it. And I want to help keep them healthy, and make myself healthy.

And I *really* want that glow. You know the glow i'm talking about!

• Michael

3 years ago

I love boxing... best workout ever! Keep up the good work and Juice On!

• LittleBexFieldmouse

3 years ago

Hello!!

My name is Bex and I am from the UK! I am on Day 1 of a 7 Day Juice Reboot!!! And truth eb told I am hungry already! And I HATE coconut water! AND the toilet is my new best friend!! I am in this group cos I am a runner too! Hooray! But recently my times of races have slipped WAYYYY back!! My marathon PB is 4.34 (in Liverpool- BEST MARATHON EVER) but now I struggle to break 5...My half is 2.04 and now it is more like 2.17...My 10k is 54 mins but now I can't break the hour!!! I did have some time off due to an injury but been running the best part of a year again now!! Do you think if I use this juice reboot to change my diet, it will help my race times?? I have time goals for each of the distances mentioned above which at one time were do-able but now are more laughable!! Will juice rebooting etc help xxx

Thank you Juice Runners xxxx

• AFeskimo

3 years ago

Day 6, down 6 lbs, can't complain! Trying to get back into 10k shape, I am done with half marathons (6 was plenty, unless there's a really awesome medal, then I might make another go.Maybe.) I find that if I walk/job after work (about 6PM) I am wide awake until 1 AM. Anyone have any ideas how to combat this?

• Free Fall

3 years ago

Congrats - keep up the good work! With respect to the sleeping schedule check to see if you are consuming any caffeine. It comes in multiple forms. If you are having a tea in the evenings make sure it is herbal/ caffeine free. Next try creating a relaxing routine and environment for sleep - no tele or electronics. Lastly, give meditation a try! You might be surprised!

• arickarohrman

3 years ago

Have you tried running in the mornings instead? It's a pain in the butt to wake up earlier but it helps me feel more awake during the day and sleep better at night. If I work out at night I can't just take a shower and go to sleep, that energy stays with me for hours.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.