Reboot Runners

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• LiveTo120

3 months ago

Hi, group! One of my biggest goals is to be able to run for fun and exercise like my 20-something kids do and I'm not that far from my goal, so you are all an inspiration! Four days into my reboot I ran from the boat house to my car...probably less than 100 feet...but it was spontaneous and felt good. On day 16 I swam for the first time since college, again, only three laps and had to stop to breathe at the end of each one but now I've done it twice and am going again tomorrow. I've always been afraid of water, afraid I couldn't handle surprises due to lack of physical strength. I'm on a 60 - 90 day reboot and tonight I start a runners/walkers group called HotMessMoms where you can walk all you want of a 5k once a week or run as much as you want. My friend I joined with wants to run some of it so there we are. Any day, any week, I may become a runner and when I do it will be because of fruits and vegs and a blender!

• Geek_Runner

3 months ago

Day 8 of 10 and so far haven't missed a run.- though I must confess to leaden legs on a few of them. Luckily, my amazing wife paced me through those!

• Rahul Khaitan

3 months ago

it feels so nice to know that you are not alone

• RebootingBeth

4 months ago

Hey guys. I am planning to begin a Couch to 5K training programme. I am over 100 pounds overweight so it may take me more than the 9 weeks that the programme is set for, but I don't mind.

• lauretta

3 months ago

Let us know how you are getting on and well done.

• Becky

3 months ago

Great job, Beth! I'm on week 7 of C25K.

• Doctorvlaw

4 months ago

Hi guys!! Im running a ten-miler in two weeks!! I'm trying to juice until then (May *). Wish me luck!!

• SDhandler

5 months ago

Good evening folks! Walked another half marathon again. Came out 4hrs. 19min. Shaved off 16 minutes. Eventually you runners will have to share your victories and how you came back to running due to juicing!

Have a great day folks!

• SDhandler

6 months ago

Evening Folks! Finally had a break in weather to do the half marathon walk (13.1 miles) It took 4hrs 35 minutes, 13.6 miles, 2,243 calories burned. Last time I did a half marathon I was running it back 19 years ago. Then got home and checked scale. I am down 4 bowling balls (60#). This was a good day.

I hope everyone has a fantastic week! Post those success. Motivate!

• Bianca

6 months ago

Hello my 3rd reboot and I am trying to keep up with my running but I am using the excuse of being tired to not completing my runs or the gym. I know your suppose to go easy the first few days but I'm on day 20. I use to run tons of miles and now I have gotten so lazy that I can barely get through 3 miles.

• SDhandler2

6 months ago

Good morning Group! Tomorrow I finally do my 1/2 marathon walk. Yep walk. Few decades ago I was a Marathon runner, and life happened. Been working here at the site learning new methods to loose weight and have lost close to sixty pounds. The first month was just breaking though waddling to walking. I have worked myself up to 2-4.5 mile walks per day. I have incorporated some jog spurts in my daily routine, but knees and hip muscles are not quite ready to handle sustained jogging. Sons are going to be on bikes tomorrow to follow my path and hand out water as needed.

I like to hear from others in the group that have come back from being sedentary to running and moved from walking in to Jogging, what they did, what helped.

Have a great day folks!

• maryanne.cullen.1

6 months ago

Excited I am on the website:http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/maryanne-weight-loss-success-story/

• Kristen

6 months ago

Way to go!! Congratulations on your hard work paying off! Thank you for sharing. I am about to begin running again and I am doing a reboot currently. I'm looking forward to getting back in the habit. Thank you for your inspiration!

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.