Starting on or around May 1, 2016

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• barky786

2 years ago

Hi.

This is Aisha. I'm doing the May 11th reboot. Nice to meet you all

Just wanted to comment on how insidious overeating is. It is such a hole to fall into, a vicious cycle. You are what you eat, so if you eat crap, you feel like crap, sooner or later your brain is thinking crap and you cannot pull yourself out of the hole. If it was not for my friend who made me feel like i was worth more then poisoning my body with overeating, I would not be here. I am so grateful to her. To further make my point, she is in a very good place mentally wherein she exercises willpower as if flexing a muscle and it just gets better with time.

She made me see reality.

The thing with overeating is that, it took me so long to even realise that there was something wrong, that these connections and emotional attachments that have been created are just false and unhelpful. It is still hard for me to believe that we can do without food, that humans do not need that much food to live. My mum used food to show us love.

We need to help her and ourselves to freedom

Has anybody tried and can recommend a colonic?

Aisha

• Freedomflyer

2 years ago

Aisha welcome and glad to see you are still posting I know I saw your post when I first joined. I just did a hydro colonic with castor oil and reflexology it lasted about 1.5 hours for $95 + tip. I will continue to do them through out my cleanse it was totally worth it! I knew I needed to be cleared out and my body was not doing it fast enough and things started to get very cramped so I am glad I scheduled it as soon as I noticed the symptoms. I wish you the best!

• Freedomflyer

2 years ago

22 of 90: Officially in my 4th week and I thought that the juicing would get easier not harder. I seem to be struggling mentally over the food but even physically my juices are not tasting as good and that is not helping the situation. I am following recipes and creating my own but vegetables are tasting chalky or milky and I am wondering if my tastebuds are changing again or if this is part of the detox... Anyone else notice this issue?

• Freedomflyer

2 years ago

Day 21 of 90: Wow this weekend passed by quick and as I enter week 4 I have lost 0 more lbs and I am working hard to maintain my runs as well as work in the yard in 90 degree heat and humidity that MI does not usually have at this time! We completed 2 raised garden beds, a fire pit, reseeding, a new bbq, a new pressure washer, and painting our garage door trim this weekend! No relaxation but plenty of high fives for the progress! My new floors get installed in 2 weeks and I am super excited! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

• C.S.

2 years ago

When you say you lost 0 lbs, over what amount of time? Does it concern you, or do you feel like it's just a natural ebb?

• Freedomflyer

2 years ago

I haven't lost any weight since Wednesday or Thursday and I'm not concerned I do think it's a natural ebb but now that I know I am taking in so many calories I guess I am keeping a closer eye on it just out of curiosity to see how much I lose while taking in so many. I know I am losing inches bc clothes don't fit in a good way and I am wearing clothes that I haven't been able to in about 5 or 6 years. I wore my first pair of shorts on Saturday in about 6 years! I also bought a pair of running shorts (I have never liked running in shorts!) I wear skorts mostly but even that is rare and I have them for golf.

Have you tried on any old/new clothes to see the changes since your last shirt?

• C.S.

2 years ago

Yeah, I've been trying on several "old favorites" with good success :) I used to hover on the border of 2XL and 3XL, and it depended on the fit of the shirt. Now all of my 2XL shirts fit. It's a start :)

• Freedomflyer

2 years ago

That's great!

• Freedomflyer

2 years ago

Day 20 of 90: I cheated after a very long day not enough water or juice before I broke down after 2 hours of juicing from the Omega yes it took 2 hours my first time! I won't eat solid food but I did drink a Guinness! I am content with the 1 beer and glad I did that instead of eating solid food. Maybe bc I know I will get sick if I try and put solids in my belly without easing into it. I may even get sick from the Guinness who knows.

• C.S.

2 years ago

Yeah, I went to IHOP with my family tonight, and I actually broke down as well :) It's day 15, and I had my first solid food since starting. I brought my juice to dinner, but I looked through the menu and saw they had a "smart & fit" omelette made with egg whites and veggies, and a side of fruit for just 330 calories. We don't go out that often as a family (first time in months), so I splurged and got it.

If nothing bad comes of this (ie, relapsing and breaking the diet further) than I won't be too upset about it. To be honest, the omelette was absolutely delicious, but two weeks ago I would have never been satisfied with something like that. I would have wanted the pancakes on the side, and an omelette with 2-3 times the calories - whole eggs, sour cream, hash browns, the works. This actually gave me a little hope that eating post-reboot can be satisfying without being over the top.

Tomorrow though, it's back to just juice. It'll be tough, too, we're going to my mom's for the holiday, and there will be lots of food.

• Freedomflyer

2 years ago

Interested in knowing how your body reacted over night to the food?

I slept fine from the beer, actually slept until 7AM for a change but woke up with a runny nose and it was a little tough to get up (could be bc I lifted about 100 bags of 40lb soil and compost yesterday in 90 degree heat). I did notice all the flavors in the Guinness when I drank it much more intense than it tasted before the cleanse. I am still motivated not hung over I have been up for 15 minutes and getting ready to head out to Lowes to get the rest of my potting soil for my raised vegetable garden.

• C.S.

2 years ago

I actually feel pretty good as well. No adverse effects overnight or this morning. Another small, incremental drop on the scale this morning. And just like you, the flavors were *amazing" and vivid last night. I couldn't have appreciated an egg white veggie omelette two weeks ago, but it was more than satisfying last night.

• Freedomflyer

2 years ago

Quiet group today! Is everyone doing well???

Day 19 of 20: So dbl run yesterday and an early run today makes me think I am back in the saddle until contractors mess with my schedule! I had to juice on the go again today and it was nice to throw it all in a to-go bag cooler and run!

The slow death of my juicer is coming to an end and I must find a new juicer fast! I am struggling on an Omega or a Kuving freaking out bc I heard customer service and replacement parts are a nightmare to get! I have googled, you tubed and Amazoned all the juicer reviews and I am struggling with making a decision old faithful Omega that requires massive prep time or risky Kuving that could poop out and replacement parts could take 6 months to arrive! Help anyone on their current juicer and likes/dislikes? I want to juice grasses and rinds but do not want crappy plastic parts or a ton of prep and clean up. I currently have a Breville and it is a disaster to clean, juicing is a tornado and a disaster on my walls, cupboards, counters and floors not to mention the garbage disposal for all the left overs stuck to the plastic. I really want to stay away from another fast juicer and do a masticating juicer.

Omegas! Do you really have to devain (sp) leafy greens???

Thanks for any advice!

• C.S.

2 years ago

Hey, I ran yesterday too! First time in ages. I went on a 50 minute walk, and ended up running about half of it. It felt really good - I can't wait to do more!

• C.S.

2 years ago

Today I tried on a shirt that normally I have to stretch a little to fit into. Today, no stretching, it hangs loose :) Not baggy, but loose enough not to cling to me.

• Freedomflyer

2 years ago

WAY TO GO C.S! Love the shirt too!

• Freedomflyer

2 years ago

Day 18 of 90: Great night sleep up at 5AM and on the go cooking breakfast for my son, watering flowers doing lawn work until I had to drive my son to school. As soon as I came home I grabbed my earbuds and ran a cpl miles! <---- sigh if relief (my entire body was itching to get that in) While I was running I realized I have no idea how many calories I am actually taking in a day and wanted to calculate my breakfast juice and my lunch/dinner juices... SHOCKER!!!! I then added my 300 calories for coconut water and 300-600 calories for protein powder daily. I am basically taking in 4000 - 5000 calories a day and still losing weight! The pic of my modified Mean Green Juice ingredients won't download sorry but there is the morning juice I drink (this amount gives me 3.25 mason jars full (32oz each jar I think). Anyway you can see the nutrients I am taking in each day plus the calories. I did this off the juicing collection juicing calculator website for any of you who want to see what you are actually consuming in nutrients and calories! Happy Juicing ya'll!!!

• C.S.

2 years ago

Wow, very impressive! So you're drinking 1-2 liters of coconut water a day?? I've kept to about half a liter. I couldn't resist, so I had to add my whole-day standard juicing diet. Here's a link to the calculator for anybody who wants it:

Juicing Collection's Juicing Calculator

And here's my nutrition info. Granted, my juicing isn't super diverse yet:

This is insane! The sugars seemed high, but the USDA seems to lump carbs into either fiber or "sugars", so this makes sense. Definitely not the same thing as table sugar. But my vitamins are off the charts!

Here's where I'm absolutely floored. I watched Forks Over Knives last night on netflix, and it talked about the myths that you need meat for protein and milk for calcium. I'm getting 132% of my recommended protein, and 214% for calcium!

Freedomflyer, thank you so much for turning us on to this amazing resource!

• Freedomflyer

2 years ago

Thanks C.S. That's what happens when you run they say you start trying to fix the world or find solutions to wordly problems. In my case I just think of logistics and numbers lol... As far as calcium (the US is suppose to drink the highest amount of cow's milk or cheese to get their calcium but why then are we also the country that has the highest calcium deficiency??? When I pulled this research 2.5 years ago is when I took my son off of dairy! Why do our boys have moobs and cellulite on their chests and stomachs??? The same goes for our protein intake w/ red meats. I don't want to preach but these were all reasons I went raw vegan to begin with. Not to mention what our meat consumption is doing to the land we grow foods from, swim near or run around on. I only know how happy my body was when I stopped eating these things and I don't want to go back to how I felt before. That's not to say moderation can't be used however we are glutinous and eat 100xs more than we need as people. We can't even keep up with the pollution from our meat production and that is why we are now making faux meats! Yes they already have them they are just waiting for approval after testing ect! Meat that is chemically created worse than GMO foods! Ok off my soapbox now! Sorry if typos or mistakes typing from my phone and it's hard to get all this in lol

• Freedomflyer

2 years ago

How is everyone doing? Very few people posting now I hope all is well!

Day 17 of 90: I did not get to run today slept poorly last night either I drank a juice too close to bed or it was from the colon cleanse, either way I am hoping I make up for it tonight. I will be running in the morning finally a day without contractors... well not until 5PM anyway but just for a quote. I added spirulina and a milk thistle, dandelion, root powder to my juices today to replace the good bacteria and to help with the juice detox. If you haven't googled spirulina benefits please do it is packed with goodness and the vitamin shoppe carries it for $43 (151 servings) so for 6 months that's great! There is no flavor to the powder that's even better! It helps with healing and good bacteria in the gut!

I haven't noticed any new changes but even with less than 4hrs of sleep I had energy all day (worked in the heat and sun planting and doing yard work for about 5 hours) then did some paperwork. My fridge is on E so I have to go to the store and restock tonight. Hoping to try something new...

Happy juicing ya'll!

• C.S.

2 years ago

Woohoo, Day 12!

I can't believe I'm almost to the two week mark. So far I've lost 11.8 pounds over my first eleven days. I don't see any reason in the next few days that I won't continue this reboot. I'm almost through the birthday gauntlet (3 birthday parties with lots of food, cake, and ice cream in just two weeks).

When I look at all the extra junk food opportunities I've had over the last couple weeks due to birthdays, end of school celebrations, and more frequent "pizza nights" when my wife runs out of time to make dinner, I think, "I picked a heck of a time to start a juice fast!" And the fact is, I picked the perfect time. Sure, I've had more temptations to deal with, but if I hadn't been rebooting, each one of those would have been a calorie bomb landing right on my waistline. I'm glad I got serious about my health right *before* this barrage.

Juice on!

• Freedomflyer

2 years ago

Nice job C.S! I thought the same thing about the juice timing and totally agree that I am glad I did do it now! The nice thing is once you see how great you feel after the juicing cleanse and then once you have stabilized on a healthy solid foods diet with juicing you won't want to go back to the SAD! Even when I slipped here and there on eating processed foods I could not do it for long bc my body would fight back and it takes a lot for you not to listen once you have a good binge session and your body says nope (puke, feel gross, puke some more, sweat, sleep like crap, feel lethargic) that's not what I was asking for!!! It's just easier to stick to it than it is to break it! Not sure where you live but we have several raw vegan cafes that make delicious burritos and other regular entrees all raw and all vegan that taste great and even raw vegan chocolate or hazelnut chocolate butter from Justin's is amazing. So once you switch over you won't be completely deprived of the good fatty stuff it's just having it in moderation and you will be able to control that better too!

Bonus is we can ditch the mom and dad bods for the summer lol!

• Freedomflyer

2 years ago

Started to really notice the lack of long term juicers posting. Worried that everyone seems to start off strong posting almost every day or every other day, but very few continue to come back and post after a week or three... Is it bc you no longer need support and are doing so well or have you stopped the cleanse or are you too busy bc the seasons are changing and school is ending? This seems to be the trend through many groups and I wondered why that is...?

Day 16 of 90: Since we are on the topic today I will follow suit! I went in for a hydro colon cleanse today and glad I did bc I needed it! I will be doing at least 4 more with castor oil and reflexology. If they continue to work I may do them the entire 3 months. I'm down 12lbs total now but no other changes that I have noticed. I still go all day 4AM or 5AM until 11PM, I couldn't get past 7PM or 8PM before I was exhausted and ready for bed but now I find myself find things to putz with that anyone else would think I was crazy for doing... Like making folders for just about every type of paperwork and organizing things by date, numerical or alph order or checking receipts for cheaper organic fruits and veggies and organizing my shopping list for the stores in order of price/sale or larger items. If you notice one store will sell a small cuc for $1 ea or $1lb but another will have a huge cuc for $1.

I have been having cravings at night not sure why but those old binging cravings are back so I have been drinking lots of h2o with lemon/lime. It may be bc I have not been able to get out and run so I may try and get up at 3AM to squeeze that in before the contractors get here.

Well there is my book for the day! Happy juicing!

• C.S.

2 years ago

$#!+, 3am? Is that a real thing?? You're stronger than I am :)

And I've been doing the same thing, learning what's better at what stores. Surprisingly, the "ritziest" store in the area has the priciest kale ($1.29/bundle, vs $1/bundle at the cheap stores) but the bundles are so big that I only need to buy half as much!

• Freedomflyer

2 years ago

LOL C.S. yes 3AM is a real thing! I am ex-army and I am programmed to rise early and go to bed early but I hate running while I was in only bc I smoked and I new how much it slowed me down and how bad my lungs hurt when running a million miles above sea level thank you to the great state of C.O. for that one!

I also notice if you juice more leafy greens you save versus juicing the fruits! My breakfast juices cost my about 4x's the afternoon and evening juices! And coconut water isn't cheap either. So sales and growing my own garden have become a game I like to play with myself... Growing lettuce, celery and yams and roots like ginger and tumeric can all be grown in just water or a pot. I have about 30 heads of lettuce growing and same with celery in just water no soil. I also started raspberries and strawberries (purchased plants) that bloom at different times so I have enough fresh to last all summer and freeze for the winter. Now I need to buy a huge freezer for the garage!

• C.S.

2 years ago

Hey, you're no longer pic-less, awesome!

I'm actually getting ready to setup an aquaponics system to grow more/better greens. You can actually see my juvenile tilapia in the background of my profile pic :)

Tonight was another toughie. We had another birthday celebration (our family has three birthdays within these two weeks!), with pizza, cake, and ice cream. I was *really* tempted to just have one bite of cake, and the pizza smelled really good, but I'm sticking to zero tolerance for now.

It helps a ton when I see something I want to eat, to remind myself: that food will still exist after my reboot.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.