New Year, New You! Newbie 60 day Juice only Reboot-Jan1, 2015

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Day 19-I forgot to check in again. Ugh!

I've been feeling like crap the last two days. Worried about needing protein but not sure what to do (Protein powders would pretty much be out-I have the gag reflex from hell and just don't think I could get it down). Other than feeling bad, all is going well. Didn't get much water in yesterday or today, but hoping to rectify it tomorrow if I feel better and the family's back at school. Weekdays are soooo much easier for me!

• Signorafarfalla

4 years ago

Well day 18 was the end of my reboot. Hubby and I went to shop for groceries and I passed out in Walmart. I was so lucky I was standing next to him and cart. He saw me slumping and he is a strong tall guy, so holding me was no problem. I have been feeling too fatigued, severe vision changes. He got me home and I passed out in kitchen. Needless to say the day was a bust. I called dr on call, had to eat meat protein and veggies last night. I am hydrated so that was not the issue. But my blood pressure is really really low. I run perfect 120/80 with my high blood pressure meds. I have been on meds for BP, since 30 years old. Family history of BP issues and congestive heart failure. So looks like I am off to cardiologist when I can get appt. In the mean time I am sidelined from juicing. Just so glad I had not bought everything yet or even made the juice ugh, that was close. I was so optimistic yesterday too. Had great sugar reading of 110, weight holding steady at 13 lb loss. The day before I did 4.2 miles on treadmill and burned 542 calories. I can not work out just slow walk until I am cleared by dr. I am so sad. I can not even imagine if it happened at gym. My husband was right the passing out is not the scary part it is where is happens and hitting your head is a dangerous issue.

Day 19 Off work today and wish I did not have to go in tomorrow, I do not looking forward to commute. Really want to be active today, but scared. So far sugar was awful all time high of 143. I slept horribly, was anxious mess. Up at 4 am so no doubt sugar stunk. Up a pound. Just taking deep breaths and hubs is helping me plan healthy meals with protein for the week. He finished the shopping and I am relying on him to cook. He is a good cook and knows how to cook low carb meals which is what I guess I need right now. Did not make the 60 days but ready to eat healthy and keep exercising more than ever. I think I am angry at myself that for 5 years since all my diagnosis's I did not take my health seriously enough and now it is getting harder and harder to fix it or reverse it. But I have to look forward not backward and continue to try to lose the weight.

I hope that no one would mind if I stay on the group during the reboot. I look forward to reading your posts and cheering you all on. I promise I will not whisper a word of food. It is great support to me to be accountable to weigh in check my sugar regularly and now blood pressure daily. Especially my need to motivate myself to exercise.

Let me know :)

• EIW13ANL

4 years ago

Glad to hear you are safe and well. Your husbands right, a friends father fell in kitchen hit head on ceramic floor, was in hospital for 2 weeks.

As for staying in group I hope you do. Everyone in the beginning of the Reboot talked about wanting to get healthy. The Reboot was the way to kick it off, for you transition is just starting earlier. My reason for Reboot was to get me away from my bad eating habits long enough to reset my brain. I hope this group keeps up after Reboot, because I agree it helps to have support and accountability. It would be nice to see how everyone ends 2015. Another way to look at is you can help us, since you are transitioning earlier you can give us tips and tricks that are working for you eating healthy and clean. Hope you stay and start feeling better.

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Glad to hear you're ok!! Phew!! I've been feeling really bad yesterday and today, so just trying to take it easy. I keep wondering if I need some protein but, truthfully, I just know I wouldn't be able to choke down the protein powder. Then I keep trying to think of what normal food, be it egg, beef, cheese, etc., would be the best if I just needed to have a little something each day. I worry about the lack of protein, but that's about it.

I wonder if you've been exercising too much. That's a lot of calories to burn considering we're not taking in very many calories.

Definitely stay with the group!! We would miss you and, as E was saying, I hope we all stick with the group even after 60 days (or however long we all last) passes. I, too, am hoping to start really thinking about what I'm putting in my mouth. Also, I'd like to at least drink one or two juices a day to keep the good stuff coming in.

• EIW13ANL

4 years ago

Day 15, 25% thru yeahhhh. Once a week weigh in lost 6lbs total 20.4lbs.

• WendyAF

4 years ago

GREAT JOB!!!! E!

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Day 18-Almost forgot to check in again. No weight, since I'm not weighing again until Thursday. It's TOM so I probably wouldn't want to see the weight anyway, LOL.

Looks like everybody's been pretty busy, but seems to be hanging in there. The weekend's are always harder for me when the family's home. Between making their meals for them, or even just smelling them, it's tough. I've been baking a lot of bread products these last couple of days which really makes it hard. Plus, I just have food ideas floating through my head just about all the time. It really is an addiction with me.

Spent about another $120 and the grocery stores today. Luckily, at least half or more, was for the family, but I'm running out of money. Yikes!! I made plenty of my non-green drinks yesterday (only made a couple green with the ingredients I had) so this week it should be pretty much just making the greens.

I'll be around if anyone needs to chat/vent, etc.

• WendyAF

4 years ago

Day 18 begins. My weight loss has slowed down, too. I weighed myself yesterday and it was exactly the same as 3 days ago; however, I feel thinner. My body moves better. It is more comfortable to be in my body. There is more bounce to my step and more grace in my movements. The Plaga Zombie: American Invasion Fitness Challenge (a 6 month fitness competition) which I am a part of, is weighing in monthly...so my next weigh in will be 1/31/15. Everyone have a fantastic, juicy (and brothy) day!

• EIW13ANL

4 years ago

It is nice to start moving better, my joints are far less stiff. I am starting to feel less like 85 year old when getting up if I've been sitting for awhile. Even if you dont see loss on scale at least your feeling results, you might want to also measure yourself. Sometime you see results in measurements but not in loss of pounds. Good luck in the competition sounds interesting.

• EIW13ANL

4 years ago

Day 13- Feeling pretty good today, had coworker yesterday comment about how good my skin looked. I have Rosacea (red flushing in cheeks along with breakouts) and have been suffering with major outbreak this fall. I also can tell inflammation down in joints. I am looking to finally start some exercise next week.

Finally found broth i like, Mushroom Broth with Penzys Bold Taco Seasoning,tastes like tortilla soup. Had some cravings but kept juicing. Hung out with friend stuck in house with two sick kids. She asked me to pick her up pizza from her favorite spot near me. Drove half hour with large Steaming (steamed my back window) Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza in my back seat. Up front I was drinking Garden Patch kept telling myself "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels", Did not give in and have any pizza, i am too far into this journey to cheat.

Still only getting 3-4 juices down, been lagging on water need to get better. I think it will be easier to drink more when it gets hot out. Hope everyone is having good weekend.

• WendyAF

4 years ago

Sounds like a delicious broth. I love Penzey's seasonings. Laughed at you pizza delivery story. Nice to hear that your skin and joints are healing! Nice, nice, nice!

• Signorafarfalla

4 years ago

I love Penzeys too. I have a local small business in my town now and they sell spices too, love going there and getting inspired. They have spices for bloody mary and I put in tomato juice (without alcohol) it is yummy.

• Signorafarfalla

4 years ago

Gotta catch up have been busy with daughter and her school projects and dr appts.

Day 15- weight is stable, no loss still down 13 lbs. Sugar was great 116! Commute was rough, missed the gym, but still almost managed 10,000 steps on the fit bit. Missed the gym all but Monday. Goal was to go Mon, Wed, Fri. Terrible insomnia fell asleep at 2am up at 5:45 am ughhhhh.....Wish I could figure out how to duplicate whatever I am doing to get my 116 sugar readngs :(. My body is a mystery.

Day-16-Up a pound damn scale. Sugar 132 ugh. Missed the gym because I felt terrible fatigue is rough. Trying to keep up with water. Fighting cold. Upped the vitamin C. Have to get a new humidifier this weekend. Insomnia again, but fell asleep at 1230 am and at least I can sleep in.

Day-17-Lost that pesky pound, holding steady at 13 lb loss. Sugar 131 ugh...Today I will have to go to the gym no excuses. I can not shop until tomorrow. My budget is set from 18th to 17th of the next month. I am broke with my kids school stuff and grocery bill. Going to get that humidifier hoping it will clear my head and sinus. Looks like everyone is plugging along. It has been tough. I keep chanting progress not perfection. Hopefully I will listen :).

Talk with you all later :)

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Hang in there. I hope you get the insomnia under control. That always makes it tougher when you're tired.

• WendyAF

4 years ago

My sleep pattern is crazy, too! I went to bed at a decent time but work up at 3 a.m. ready to go. I cooked and cleaned and organized then went back to bed at 8 a.m. I set my alarm for 10 a.m. to give me plenty of time to drive to the Bershires for a tour of Douglas Trumbull's studio and the rush back for some movie extra work. I woke up at 4:30 p.m. Missed the tour and was late for the filming....Geeeee Whizzzzz.

I had Thermos's full of warm broth for the day.

Now it is almost 3 a.m. again and I am thinking about getting on the treadmill. It is a good thing that I am retired!

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Day 17-Morning Everyone! Hope you guys are all doing great! I'm doing and feeling great today, spirits wise! LOL, my stomach's a little upset (TOM) but other than that, feeling energetic. I should be nice and take the dog for a walk, but I know it's cold, LOL. My son's at a friend's house and my husband will do it when he gets home, but maybe I'll surprise him and do it myself. I have no real plans today except maybe doing some stuff around the house, more cooking, maybe pre-making a bunch of juices, and working on my website (funny thing is, it's food/recipe related-still building it though, LOL).

Keep juicin'!

• SunnyRain

4 years ago

Hi,

I'm really sorry I haven't posted much this week, but I just didn't find the time. I bought a new apartment, I'm buying new furniture, a new kitchen, appliances, I had a million of things to do every single day... And I have to find someone to buy or rent my old apartment. I'm really busy at work too, and I also own a small business where I work in the afternoon. And it has been a really really busy week. But I was thinking about all of you, I even logged in on some evenings, but there were too many posts to read all of them:) I'm looking forward to taking 2 hours off my busy schedule tomorrow morning to read everything you wrote and to be inspired and to admire all of your successes. I'm still juicing, I haven't weight myself though, because I didn't want to feel more stressed if the weight loss slowed down in week two.

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Sunny,

Wow! You have been busy!! Don't worry about not being able to check in. You sure have a lot on your plate. Glad to hear you've still been juicing through all of it. That in itself is amazing.

I've also decided to now only weigh in once a week. Don't want anything to depress me or anything if the numbers aren't what I want to see.

Feel free to check in whenever you have a minute and know we're here if you need us!

• Signorafarfalla

4 years ago

Gosh I feel like a slacker! I thought I was busy. I was swamped at work and running around after with my daughter getting stuff for her school projects, dr appts, etc. Be kind to yourself an try to get some rest too. Yes the weight loss is slowing for me too, but I am trying to be upbeat. happy shopping for your apartment

• WendyAF

4 years ago

Hi Sunny! I support you in your time of transition! Juice On!!! to Fabulousness!!!!!

• LBFaglier

4 years ago

Day 16 ~ down 15 lbs

Not sure how overnight my jeans started falling off, but I had to put on my smaller size this morning! Just because of that I had to step on the scale just to see where I landed. I didn't share this in the beginning so I might as well now. I am 6ft tall and started this reboot at 290.8 and this morning was at 276. I have upped my water intake in the last 2 days maybe that is the key for me. I have lots of errands today and am spending some time with a friend who is going through Chemo for the 2nd round. So, prepping to be successful with juice on the go!

Have a great Friday and "Juice On"!!

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Great job! It's funny you mentioned the pants. I've been hanging out in sweats for, gosh, probably months now. This morning, I hit the pants drawer and started going through it. I found a total of 5, count 'em, 5, pairs of pants with tags on 'em. I'm sure they were in there because they didn't fit. The first two fit fine, if not a bit loose. Since they still have the tags, I think I'll take 'em back and get a smaller size. Two of the other pairs were the smaller size and they fit fine. One's the bigger size but from a different store, but I think I'll try to take those back too. I have a pair of jeans on. I can't tell you the last time I wore a pair of jeans. Sometimes the victories are of the non-scale variety!! Yippee!!

• Signorafarfalla

4 years ago

LBFaglier Yay!!! How awesome. I know how hard it is for me to talk about how much I weigh, in my instance I am short 5'2 and seeing my number on the scale over 200 would freak me out. My husband is 6ft and at one point I weighed more than him. I now way less :) Yes I am down 13 lbs and my forgiving stretchy jeans are falling off my butt and the bottom of my pants are at the floor :). I have smaller jeans in various sizes so no need for me to go clothes shopping yet. If you looked in my closet I have various sizes of everything. Because like the song goes, "I am every woman" LOL. Hope your friends treatment goes well :(. Cammianne you are right not all victories are on the scale. I feel a victory everytime I am cooking for the family and I don't eat their food a victory.

• WendyAF

4 years ago

Nice job Lorelei! I am short, too and I, too have an arsenal of clothing! I hope your friend beats the cancer for good, and gets healthier and healthier.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.