New Year, New You! Newbie 60 day Juice only Reboot-Jan1, 2015

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. Had a busy day. My daughter is trying to get into a new middle school for next year (hers sucks and will actually be closing for good after next year). We had to go on a tour of the new school and drop off all the paperwork. Unfortunately, they're only accepting 5 new 8th graders, so it's going to be tough. If her points add up to high enough, she may get called in for an interview. I feel if she makes it to the interview process, she'll get in. She speaks very well and converses good with adults (my husband's influence, not mine, LOL). Fingers crossed!! I loved the school. Small classes, I think only about 62 8th graders all together. It is downtown Louisville, Kentucky and they don't run school buses there so I'll either have to drive her or she'd take the city bus. We'll just wait and see when the time comes.

Boy, this adding food in is tough. On the one hand, we won't run out of money before the end of the month, but on the other, eating well is still tough. We have a busy day today, so we'll just see how it goes.

Glad to see many are doing much better than myself. Who knows? Maybe come Monday I'll start a 5 day juice only. It's so much easier when the family's in school and I still have several juices in the fridge I need to drink. Right now, I'm busy scanning photos onto my computer. We were working on the basement and I found my large crate of photos which has needed sorting for years and years, LOL. As I mentioned before, I was in the military for 10 years. I've managed to reconnect with many of my friends on Facebook, so we still get to chat, etc. Right now, I'm loading a stack of pics from my year spent in Korea (I was about 19 then, so just a baby, LOL). When I'm done I'll post 'em on Facebook for my friends to see and so they can help me identify some of the people in the pics (I'm getting old, my memory isn't what it use to be, LOL).

Enough chatting for now. Happy Juicing!!

• CP in Vermont

4 years ago

Day 18, down 27lbs....Still not very hungry so I am drinking a lot of water and going with the flow. Hope everyone has found their stride...I am still looking at 60 days as my goal. See ya CP

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Great job!!!

• Signorafarfalla

4 years ago

Yay!

• EIW13ANL

4 years ago

Day 20, 40 to go. Im at the point right now where im running on automatic with the juicing. I was a little shaky tonight, i think thats due to only having 3 juices. I just dont love juicing so i have to force myself to drink juices, i like carrot/apple/ginger but there is only so many you can drink and i am trying to be good to do a green,red,orange and yellow or purple. Dont get me wrong i am to far in this to stop, i just would prefer to eat fruits and veggies vs juicing.

Hope everyone is doing well with the juicing or transition to meal/juice plan

• CP in Vermont

4 years ago

Try pineapple orange as a treat once a week, it is very good :) How about the worlds best lemonade, apple, lemon and ginger. Drink tons of water and herbal teas.

• WendyAF

4 years ago

Day 22 - Last night after talking about possibly adding food to my plan, I did. I ate without a real plan. Not a good plan. My response to food after a few bites was the same response as before the reboot...binge behavior. I did not want to stop eating. However, this morning I am back to juicing. I weighed myself to see the result and apparently I had consumed 3.2 lbs of food. Well...that experiment did not go well at all. Drinking more water and walking to offset yesterdays behavior. Part of the binge eating was out of mixed feelings of adopting two kittens. I really, really love them but realize I the responsibility of caring for them, cat proofing the house, vet bills, and have to think about their care when I go on vacation etc. I did make more work for myself but they are so adorable and I love cats and miss the cat we had....so really it is worth it. Another cat concern is I was thinking about adopting another pair of cats (laughing at myself since I just was having concerns about my newest two kitties). These are a pair of bonded brother and sister Bengals. The owner says they are lovable indoor lap cats that would get along with the kittens. The reason why they are looking for a new home for them is that the husband had cancer and adopted a dog for a companion. The dog is treating one of the cats as prey. These two cats walk on a leashes which I think would be a great way to get exercise. I realize that sometimes my problem is not just a food problem. It is a "more" problem. I want "more" food, I want "more" cats, I want "more" weight-loss, etc. Sometimes that is o.k. and sometimes it is not o.k. I find the discernment difficult.

• Signorafarfalla

4 years ago

I can relate to the feelings and thoughts you expressed. For me it is not just a food problem either. I am always working on all the other issues so that I can be healthier.

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Day 22-203.8 (-16.8 lbs.) So, only lost 1.4 lbs. this week. I'm going to incorporate 1 meal into my day. I'm not feeling bad about this, or guilty, or anything like that. It's just what I have to do. With it being so expensive, and the loss being so low, I just can't reason spending all the money this costs for such a little loss.

I also agree, even doing this for the period of time I've done it, it definitely makes you think differently about eating. While it's not that I don't think of eating bad things, LOL, I seem to be "craving" better things. Hopefully, I can avoid giving in and pigging out on really bad things and keep up good habits.

I'm not going to commit to any one specific meal a day, it'll just depend on if things are going on or not. Tonight, I have a set of my inlaws coming over for dinner and I'm cooking Italian, so I'm going to juice breakfast and lunch, and I'll join everybody in eating dinner. Italian food is my favorite to cook so it'll be in my best interest not to try to deny myself that meal, LOL. I already have my hot water next to me along with my morning juice, so I'm off to a good start for the day.

Keep juicin'!!

• WendyAF

4 years ago

Cammianne-I want to hear how you do with the one meal. I am still contemplating that type of food plan.

• Kellie

4 years ago

Don't worry. There's a group for that too. Juice Plus One Meal

• Signorafarfalla

4 years ago

Thanks for the support. Took today off and still fighting this lingering cold too and had another episode today, did not pass out, but close, but my daughter was home. My blood pressure is unusually very low, I am worried about commuting to work, but have to go tomorrow. I had to schedule an appt with a cardiologist. A little scared, know I will get lecture about my weight. h sad thing is I get it from endo and family practice dr. I have transitioned to eating I was going to eat vegan, but the concern is with my blood sugar, beans are off limits so there are obstacles. I am following a diabetic low carb plan very low. It is so easy post juicing. I am grateful for each meal.I take time to savor every bite. I am measuring my food and logging it along with my blood pressure, sugar, and weight. No loss yet. Still at 13 lbs lost. I spent so much time cooking, weighing, assembling. But grocery bill was good. This is also because hubs had to finish shopping for us. I hope we can keep the group together, this has been such a support to me. I could have wallowed in self defeat and pity and gorged on bad food, but knew you all were trying to fight the good fight. I will let ya all know how dr goes on Friday.

I did not weigh in today, or check sugar, was too busy checking blood pressure all day. see you on day 22. Hope that we will be checking in on day 365!

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Glad to see you're hanging in here. Please make sure you let us know how it goes at the doctor's. Hopefully, everything will be better for you soon. I know what you mean about being grateful for each meal and savoring each bite. I think being without it for a while you're very appreciative of it once you can have it again, LOL.

• WendyAF

4 years ago

Signora-What a lot to go through! Passing out is scary. Be safe commuting to work tomorrow. Self care is most important! You lost 13 lbs! Your doctors should be happy with that loss. I would like to know what your cardiologist says. I support you!

• healthyjoee

4 years ago

I've been Rebooting for 3 weeks from the beginning of January and have lost 17.86 lbs (8.1 kg in Aussie weight). Very pleased to also be getting much stronger as well, as I was very weak after months of chemotherapy for breast cancer last year. I won't be able to do the full 60 days because we're running a wedding and having interstate house guests in mid February, but if I can keep going like this, I should be able to have done at least 50 days.

• WendyAF

4 years ago

Way to go Healthy Joyee! Great to hear about your weight loss but more so that you are getting stronger!!!! Especially after having to deal with chemo. Amazing! May your wedding be fantastic!

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Great job, Healthy Joyee!! I can't even imagine how much the chemo must have knocked you out of things, so it's great news to hear you're getting stronger. Sounds like you have a good plan in place. Try not to get too stressed out. Sounds like you'll be having a pretty busy February. Check in with us when you can!!

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Day 21-Feeling down. I stepped on the scale today, even though it was one day early, and I haven't even lost a whole pound. I'm not counting this weigh in, so my official one will be tomorrow, but I really can't afford to do this for that little loss, LOL. I may switch to a juicing/eating plan of my own. If I juice twice a day, and then eat one meal a day, I should be able to cut my juicing bill in half. We've spent almost $700 already this month, and most of it has been spent on fruits and veggies for me-and we've still got 10 days left in this month!!!

That said, I'm not trying to convince anyone to jump ship with me, LOL. I hope everybody can continue on for the full 60 and I haven't made up my mind yet. Just trying to weigh my options. I will definitely continue here with this group either way because we have a great group of people!!!!

Does anyone know, if you do a 15 day reboot, how soon are you allowed to reboot again? I know it's on here somewhere, but now that I'm looking for it, I can't find it. I know if you do a 60 day, you're not supposed to do another for at least 3 months.

• Cammianne

4 years ago

OK, I found the info online. It says to wait 8 weeks after a 5 day reboot, and 12 weeks after a 15 day reboot.

• WendyAF

4 years ago

Cammianne-It must be in the air. I, too feel like adding in some eating. I drinking broth recently instead of juice because it seems to satisfy more. Love the warm. It so cold here.

I know I do have a beast in my head that tries to sabotage my efforts to get better but it does not sound like the voice that is telling me it is time to start eating. The difference is that the new voice is gentle, kind and caring and wants veggies and fruit, whole grains and beans, eggs, and organic chicken and meat and wild fish. It feels like a knowing voice.

Throughout I have wanted to eat. It is my go to coping devise. Usually I want to eat for all the wrong reasons--sadness, anger, loneliness, boredom...not usually hunger. I feel my reboot is done. My body craves what it is supposed to crave. It does not long for junk food, especially sugar which was always my food poison of choice.

I am not quite ready to eat yet...but really thinking about it. I look forward to making some of the recipes on this website and in Joe's book.

I did not weigh myself today but yesterday I was down to 220 from 240 lbs. Twenty pounds in 3 weeks. Nice.

Wendy

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Day 20-Morning everyone (or afternoon, depending on where you're at). Things here are going good. I'm feeling much better than I had over the weekend. Kids are getting ready to head out the door, so soon I'll be on my own. I've already pulled out the real estate lessons, so hopefully I'll be productive on that front, too.

I've REALLY neglected the water the last couple of days. I was feeling so bad, I was lucky to even drink my juices, let alone anything extra. I've already gotten in one bottle this morning and it's just 7am. Of course, I forgot to drink my warm water, but going to drink that now. I also need to make sure I get in some of the broth, since I've made 2 batches, but only drank it 2 times so far.

I'm also determined I'm going to get my butt on the dang treadclimber. I haven't done any additional movement since I've been doing this and I know I need to. I don't need to lose any muscle since it's not like I have much to begin with, LOL.

Juice on, everyone!!

• Juicyjohnboy

4 years ago

hey all still going strong approaching day 20!

i bought vegan protein powder at superstore its choc flavour and its ok you shake it up or you blend it wiith water and its drinkable good luck day 20 crew

• WendyAF

4 years ago

John-The choc flavor does not set off cravings? I have a pea protein powder that is vile. I love peas. If it tasted like peas, I would not mind at all.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.